Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

SPL
fishandchippers
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 11:14 PM

All-Star

Group: Admin
Member No.: 11

the actions of both Ally McCoist and the Rangers supporters groups this week have been nothing short of disgraceful. McCoist demanded the panel that decided they should be fined and banned for making transfers be named. Rangers fans found out who were there and now they're lives are actually in danger.

This sorry tale still has a way to go and I for one want that despicable club deleted.
metsfan247
  Posted: Apr 27 2012, 06:25 PM

All-Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 280

Despite my Celtic leanings when Rangers problems began to emerge i had some sympathy for the fans. however as time has gone by the views and statements which have come out of the rangers camp over the last couple of months have changed that.

I am a bit perplexed by the Rangers fans/management stance that they are being persecuted and being treat unfairly. Unbeleivable.

Bottom line - you owe shed loads of money to everyone from HMRC down to the local pie supplier. You haven't paid your bills yet still forked out on transfer fees and player salaries which clearly you could not afford. You are still losing sizeable sums of money week after week. You cant afford to sign players can you really? So a tranfer embargo makes sense doesn't it? I think every other club that hs ever gone in administration has been penalised in this way and rightly so. why should Rangers be any different.

FYI Mr McCoist, it is not this SFA panel and their transfer embargo that could kill the club.....it is the people who have been running the club who would be responsible for that. its called taking responsibility and not just blaming everyone else for your woes.

talking of responsibility Mr mcCoist- how irresponsible can you be in demanding the members of this independant panel being identified? what did you think would happen when you publically blame theses people for killing your club? 2 of your fans have just ben sentenced for sending parcel bombs to the Celtic manager and high profile fans. FFS

if liquidaton becomes a reality presuambly a new club would emerge ( and leaveaf lot of creditors high and dry in the process) yet Rangers and their fans seem to think they should just be able to start again in August in the SPL with no penalties and just carry on as before...........errrr no.

if you are still in adminstration you should get further heftier points deductions at the very least or be demoted at least 1 level and if you go into liquidation you should count yourselves lucky if a new club is formed it is allowed to start in div 3.

Ask fans of chester, scarborough, maidstone, halifax & rushden etc

angry.gif
galraen
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 06:51 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

As I've said in the Football Pyramid thread, Portsmouth are going through exactly the same scenario (although our total debt is £50m compared to Rangers debt, they owe £79m just to one creditor (HMRC). I like to think we're handling it with more grace, and taking our just deserts on th chin.

As ye olde saying goes; 'if you can't do the time, don't do the crime'. It isn't the Rangers fans fault that their club self destructed, any more than it's the fault of Pompey's fans; but man up people, show some [expletive deleted] class. To be fair I expect a lot of Rangers fans are, but typically it's not them that are getting the attention.
WMCHRIS
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 07:27 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 187

QUOTE (fishandchippers @ Apr 25 2012, 11:14 PM)
the actions of both Ally McCoist and the Rangers supporters groups this week have been nothing short of disgraceful. McCoist demanded the panel that decided they should be fined and banned for making transfers be named. Rangers fans found out who were there and now they're lives are actually in danger.

This sorry tale still has a way to go and I for one want that despicable club deleted.

Bit of an exaggeration isn't it? There's been a couple of silent phone calls.

last season was all about transparency it seems, now when McCoist calls for it, everyone starts going berserk
A_C
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 07:28 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 13

QUOTE (galraen @ Apr 27 2012, 06:51 PM)
As ye olde saying goes; 'if you can't do the time, don't do the crime'.

I think I know the answer, but was the "crime" worth it? I've never seen West Ham win anything in my lifetime, so an FA cup win would be pretty special to me.
WMCHRIS
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 07:30 PM

Everyday Regular

QUOTE (fishandchippers @ Apr 25 2012, 11:14 PM)

Lol you might win something for once. Don't bank on it though wink.gif

I notice Thompson was calling for calm yesterday lol
WMCHRIS
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 07:53 PM

Everyday Regular

Think I'll stick to talking baseball shouldnt really bite talking about other matters.
galraen
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 08:08 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (A_C @ Apr 27 2012, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (galraen @ Apr 27 2012, 06:51 PM)
As ye olde saying goes; 'if you can't do the time, don't do the crime'.

I think I know the answer, but was the "crime" worth it? I've never seen West Ham win anything in my lifetime, so an FA cup win would be pretty special to me.

One of the advantages of being around for a long time I've been fortunate enough to watch the 'Ammers win the cup three times!
MadHatterBlues
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 03:07 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 50

Pretty much a continuous stream of ugly stuff from/about Rangers at the moment. Listening to the radio for today's games, and apparently there is a heavy police presence at the Raith Rovers game as among the various nonsense they've received from Rangers fans, someone threatened to burn down the ground! Despite the fact the club itself had nothing to do with anything!

McCoist's actions this week have been truly appalling. Asking for the panel members to be outed, stirring up the Rangers fans who don't need much provocation to erupt at the moment and refusing to apologise afterwards - saying it was just his opinion and he won't change his views/statements based on overreaction from the lunatic fringe. This seems very similar to the maniac pastor in America who likes to burn copies of the Koran and then claim its not his fault when soldiers get killed across the world in retaliation.

The author Christopher Brookmyre was on the radio chatting about Rangers earlier and gave a wonderful analogy for Rangers focusing too much on their present issues rather than the history of mis-management:

"Rangers are like a guy who has visited a prostitute for 30 years and is trying to convince himself he caught VD from the toilet seat” laugh.gif tongue.gif
fishandchippers
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 09:57 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (WMCHRIS @ Apr 27 2012, 07:53 PM)
Think I'll stick to talking baseball shouldnt really bite talking about other matters.

take it your a Rangers fan then Chris? I'd like to know where you stand on all of this. What punishment should Rangers receive if the ones laid out so far and so unacceptable to whole Rangers universe?

slap on the wrist? Don't do it again you naughty scamps. Not likely.
WMCHRIS
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 11:11 PM

Everyday Regular

QUOTE (fishandchippers @ Apr 29 2012, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE (WMCHRIS @ Apr 27 2012, 07:53 PM)

take it your a Rangers fan then Chris? I'd like to know where you stand on all of this. What punishment should Rangers receive if the ones laid out so far and so unacceptable to whole Rangers universe?

slap on the wrist? Don't do it again you naughty scamps. Not likely.

Yes mate

Difficult to say, I think a transfer embargo in principle is reasonable but one which could be lifted once football debts are paid off. As for the fines, they're a bit pointless just now but whatever.

As for the meeting tomorrow, we'll see what happens, the spl clubs seem to want their cake and eat it, want to hammer us yet keep us in the league, I'm in favour of being in division 3 and working our way back up.
galraen
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 09:55 AM

Administrator

I'm in favour of being in division 3 and working our way back up.

The biggest problem with that, as far as Rangers are converned, is that the 'Old Firm' would lose their automatic veto on rule changes for the SPL. By the time you get back the set up is almost certain to be very different.

Personally I think this would be beneficial to Scottish football as a whole, and even Celtic and Rangers in the long term. I really think the experiment with a 12 team SPL has been a cataqstrophic failure for all involved.
WMCHRIS
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 11:58 AM

Everyday Regular

QUOTE (galraen @ Apr 30 2012, 09:55 AM)
I'm in favour of being in division 3 and working our way back up.

The biggest problem with that, as far as Rangers are converned, is that the 'Old Firm' would lose their automatic veto on rule changes for the SPL. By the time you get back the set up is almost certain to be very different.

Personally I think this would be beneficial to Scottish football as a whole, and even Celtic and Rangers in the long term. I really think the experiment with a 12 team SPL has been a cataqstrophic failure for all involved.

If thats what happens thats what happens mate rather that than be a puppet for the rest of the league. Today's meeting of SPL clubs has been delayed now until some time in May.

The 12 team league and the split is a joke youre right, splitting the league and not all clubs playing each other twice at home and twice away
Tijani
Posted: May 8 2012, 04:17 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 9

@STVGrant: Bill Miller: "After hearing message from Rangers fans loud & clear ("Yank go home!"), I notified admins today I have withdrawn my bid"

What a great way to treat someone that is trying to save your football club.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Mex_17
Posted: May 8 2012, 04:46 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 37

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that was hilarious. Beggers can't be choosers.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0953 seconds | Archive