Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Yankees vs White Sox (01.05.2010)
Vader
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 06:06 PM

Everyday Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 258

This is an old one so my mind is slightly hazy on it but I went to New York for the first time with my wife (fiancee back then!) in April/May 2010.

I remember being slightly disappointed when the schedule was released for that season as I was hoping to head to Queens to see the Mets but they were out of town when we were there. Fortunately, I got the chance to go to the Bronx and see the Yankees play the White Sox - it was some experience and the new stadium was great, although everything seemed to cost $5! laugh.gif

White Sox 7
Yankees 6

This is the game recap... http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=300501110

Here are some photos, hope you enjoy them!

Outside the new Yankee Stadium
user posted image

The entrance hall with Legends banners
user posted image

The missus and I at the end of the game (yes, I felt dirty trying to blend in and wearing the hat... unsure.gif )
user posted image

Scoreboard
user posted image

Vasquez begins his nightmare 3 innings! ninja.gif
user posted image

Posada on screen
user posted image

All in all, I loved my first taste of live MLB and really hope for an opportunity to get over to Toronto this year but it might be a bit of a stretch financially! Here's hoping we manage it!
WMCHRIS
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 08:52 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 187

QUOTE (Vader @ Feb 15 2012, 06:06 PM)
This is an old one so my mind is slightly hazy on it but I went to New York for the first time with my wife (fiancee back then!) in April/May 2010.

I remember being slightly disappointed when the schedule was released for that season as I was hoping to head to Queens to see the Mets but they were out of town when we were there. Fortunately, I got the chance to go to the Bronx and see the Yankees play the White Sox - it was some experience and the new stadium was great, although everything seemed to cost $5! laugh.gif

White Sox 7
Yankees 6

This is the game recap... http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=300501110

Here are some photos, hope you enjoy them!

Outside the new Yankee Stadium
user posted image

The entrance hall with Legends banners
user posted image

The missus and I at the end of the game (yes, I felt dirty trying to blend in and wearing the hat... unsure.gif )
user posted image

Scoreboard
user posted image

Vasquez begins his nightmare 6 innings! ninja.gif
user posted image

Posada on screen
user posted image

All in all, I loved my first taste of live MLB and really hope for an opportunity to get over to Toronto this year but it might be a bit of a stretch financially! Here's hoping we manage it!

Cheers for sharing mate!
Vader
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 08:58 PM

Everyday Regular

No probs, always like reading about other people's trips to see live MLB and thought I'd share my own and just hoping that I get the opportunity to catch more and the sooner the better! smile.gif
Chizzler89
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 01:37 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 254

Looks like a great day out at the ball park. Thanks for putting those snaps up.

It's always good to see our own members put up pics from games they were at. Yankee Stadium looks pretty class, Im heading in May so I'll be sure to put up some pics when I return smile.gif
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 08:03 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

Wow, you have some awesome pics right there; the quality is amazing! What camera were you using?
Vader
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 11:54 PM

Everyday Regular

It's a Panasonic TZ4 Lumix, just a wee thing but really does the job!

Believe it or not, they haven't even been touched up!
gunslinger73
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 06:15 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 20

Nice pics - brings back memories of my last trip ...

love the hat btw biggrin.gif
Vader
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 04:47 PM

Everyday Regular

QUOTE (gunslinger73 @ Feb 19 2012, 06:15 PM)
Nice pics - brings back memories of my last trip ...

love the hat btw biggrin.gif

I thought I better blend in with the locals, some of which were kinda scary looking! ohmy.gif

Haha!
Heppy
Posted: Aug 24 2012, 06:12 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 460

Hi

I'm new to this site and was looking through the posts and came across this one. I was also at this game on my wedding trip to las Vegas/new York.

Vasquez had a nightmare and was booed off the mound and if I remember right andruw jones hit two homers for the sox one of them landed a few rows in front of me.

Was a really hot day that day and so glad the overhang of the second tier put us in the shade.

Loved going to the game and also caught a minor league game in Vegas (blue jays affiliate) and can't wait till the next one.

Got 8 nights booked in new York next may so lets hope the schedule is kind.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Aug 24 2012, 10:11 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

Welcome to the forum! Are you a Yankees fan?
Heppy
Posted: Aug 25 2012, 12:07 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 460

Yeah I sure am! Watch pretty much every game on MLB.tv much to my missus annoyance but not the same as being at a live game. Really can't wait to go next year. Will try squeeze about three games in an maybe one being on Washington.

So far been to las Vegas 51's v Sacramento river cats
Yankees v white sox
And red sox v rays at the trop!
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0973 seconds | Archive