Hey everyone, I'm a 22 year old lad living in Dublin. Ive only really got into baseball since the start of the 2011 season. I made some attempts to especially enjoy the season by getting MLB.tv, buying MLB The Show for PS3 & spending countless hours when I should have been studying watching baseball highlights & managing my fantasy baseball team
(I finished just sub .500 so I think more work is needed this season)
I've booked to visit New York this summer & am gonna go to Royals @ Yankees when I'm there. There's a few reasons I chose the Yankees to support.
1. An east coast team is easier to follow here just with watching games late night I think
2. They get a nice bit of coverage too
3. My cousin brought me back some NY gear when he was there last & it's pretty cool
4. They have a great history with Babe Ruth, DiMaggio & so on
5. I watched ESPN's 30 for 30 "The House of Steinbrenner" & thought it was brilliant
I hope you guys don't immediately hate me for my choice, I am actually a nice guy
I've a really good friend who is a massive LA Angels fan for around 10 years so he helped me get into the game too.
I'm really up for chatting about all things baseball here & the site looks great & is really well organised. Hope you all have a great season & let the show begin!