Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

New York Trip
CubbieDream
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 07:39 PM

All-Star

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Howdy folks, unfortunately this is not a baseball trip although it's hopefully a football trip (depending on schedule). But I'm off to New York (finally) in October to have a nose around, do the usual tourist stuff but also want some lesser know activities, attractions, good bars or good places to eat if anyone has discovered some off the beaten track.

Staying in Manhattan so reasonably central, around a 20 minute walk from the hotel to the Empire State Building. So that kind of tells you which area. If anyone has anything of interest, let me know.

Cheers

A_C
Posted: Feb 7 2012, 03:12 AM

Hall of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

I'll have to recommend you a few places before you go, but just remember to go to Williamsburg in Brooklyn, all the hot girls are there, thank me later....

wink.gif

The bars are really good there too.
WMCHRIS
Posted: Feb 7 2012, 11:14 AM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 187

QUOTE (A_C @ Feb 7 2012, 03:12 AM)
I'll have to recommend you a few places before you go, but just remember to go to Williamsburg in Brooklyn, all the hot girls are there, thank me later....

wink.gif

Any recommendations before then A_C? im going in May. Been before but didnt see as much as i should have!

Cubbiedream i'll let you know after im back!

A bar thats been recommended before is Foleys, which has apparently got that much baseball related stuff on the walls etc its more of a museum, am going to check that out.
CubbieDream
Posted: Feb 7 2012, 05:59 PM

All-Star

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (A_C @ Feb 7 2012, 03:12 AM)

wink.gif

Ha, pencilled in straight away tongue.gif
Chizzler89
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 02:48 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 254

Hey guys, I'm heading over in the end of May for 8 days and am gonna catch 1 of the Yankees games against the Kansas City Royals. Really can't wait for it now, new Yankee Stadium aesthetically looks top notch. I would have liked to have seen the old Yankee Stadium back in the day & sampled some of the history there. Any tips and recommendations on the trip would be greatly appreciated smile.gif
AlextheBrave
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 10:12 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Chizzler89 @ Feb 10 2012, 02:48 AM)
Any tips and recommendations on the trip would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

Dont eat for a few hours before going to the game.

You need to make the most of Yankee Stadium catering, although it isnt cheap.
WMCHRIS
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 11:28 AM

Everyday Regular

QUOTE (Chizzler89 @ Feb 10 2012, 02:48 AM)
Hey guys, I'm heading over in the end of May for 8 days and am gonna catch 1 of the Yankees games against the Kansas City Royals. Really can't wait for it now, new Yankee Stadium aesthetically looks top notch. I would have liked to have seen the old Yankee Stadium back in the day & sampled some of the history there. Any tips and recommendations on the trip would be greatly appreciated smile.gif

am off to a game in that series aswell, 21st may, then against the Rays in early june (not decided which one yet).

Going to see the White sox @ Rays aswell on Memorial Day as i'll be in Orlando for a fortnight in between NYC
Fella
Posted: Feb 13 2012, 06:11 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 180

I'll be catching the Yankees/Royles on 20th & 21st.

Off to Milwaukee first and then to New York for Mets and Yankees baseball!!!
WMCHRIS
Posted: Feb 13 2012, 08:33 PM

Everyday Regular

QUOTE (Fella @ Feb 13 2012, 06:11 PM)
I'll be catching the Yankees/Royles on 20th & 21st.

Off to Milwaukee first and then to New York for Mets and Yankees baseball!!!

Sounds like they'll be a few off here at that game or games in that series lol strange how things happen.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0743 seconds | Archive