Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Superbowl XLVI
Leemarlin87
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 03:11 AM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Tijani @ Feb 6 2012, 03:00 AM)
What a finish! The touchdown for the Giants at the end was a crazy play. The Patriots wanted the Giants to score and the Giants didnít want to score. I donít think I have ever seen that before but it was a good risk from the Patriots.

Congratulations to the Giants.

Yeah that was a strange play, I don't agree with the premise of not scoring and just running the clock and taking the Fg with 0.01 left, As unlikely as it might be Tynes could of still missed, it could of been blocked or a mishandled snap under pressure.

Take the points and trust your D to not allow them to go 80 yards in just 50 seconds.

Just My opinion but points on the board is what matters.
galraen
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 04:49 AM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

They would have tried the field goal on third down just in case of a bad snap; still seems weird to me though.
galraen
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 05:01 AM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

The way I think it would have gone had the TD not been scored is.

1. Running play to centre the ball if necessary, otherwise kneel down; takes the clock to about 19 seconds

2. Take a delay of game penalty, now just 9 seconds on the clock

3. Take the FG, if the snaps bad, throw it out of bounds, should still be 4 or five seconds on the clock to have another go. If it's good or not the Pats have to run the kick-off out of the end zone; and I love it when NFL players try to play rugby! biggrin.gif
AlextheBrave
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 12:48 PM

All-Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Excellent very evenly matched contest that could have gone either way in the end. Ahmad Bradshaw is the most relieved man in NYC today, he made a terrible error with that TD run.

Eli>Peyton in the Manning household now.
gunslinger73
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 06:12 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 20

Awesome game and thrilled with the result!

Real nail-biter - many people in our street woken up by much shouting at the last play of the game

biggrin.gif
Ronnie.
Posted: Feb 8 2012, 11:59 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 30

Giving Brady the ball with a minute left in a SB has caused tears before.
So really, which do you trust more, your "D" to stop Brady or your kicker to make a FG from under 25 yards? If you trust your "D" you score the TD, if you trust your kicker you run down the clock.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 11:38 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

It was the worst possible Super Bowl for me, but I really HATE the Pats, so I was pleased they lost. Shame it was the Giants who lifted the VLT though.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0815 seconds | Archive