Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

How did you pick your team?
watpoae
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 11:45 PM

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 52

Mets fan.

I decided on the mets because of the following:

- I love attending sporting events so I wanted a team in a city I'd visit most when going to the states

- Time Zone was a big issue.. being on the east coast I could watch all the day games at a decent time plus some night games.

- My pal in work is a Braves fan so we could talk NL East

- Not the yankees.

Simple. Love the drama of my team to be honest. I'm lucky that my football team (MUFC) is incredibly successful so I'm finding the rollercoast erride (with more drops than inclines!) with my baseball team pretty enjoyable to be honest. biggrin.gif
Mex_17
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 12:24 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 37

Some interesting stories. I had no idea some of you had followed the sport for so long. My reason is pretty simple, really.

I had always been intrigued with baseball, but it wasn't really until I noticed that the price of MLB.tv had been reduced at mid-season that I decided to take the leap and give it a go. I was also a bit fed up with having to pay over the top for NFL gamepass, so baseball and MLB.tv was attractive.

When I started taking an interest in the NFL about four years ago, I eventually settled on the Jets. Supporting teams from all over the place has always been somewhat of a pet peeve of mine, so there was really only one choice for me when I got into baseball (no way was I becoming a Yankee fan).

I'm happy with my choice. I kind of like the fact that they haven't won a WS in my lifetime, and I'll be able to say that I stuck with the team through thick and thin when they finally do. It's funny, though. Had I started taking an interest in baseball before the NFL, I have no doubt that I would have drifted toward the Red Sox.
Vox Humana
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 08:24 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 247

The only reason I'm a Giants fan is my fiancee and her family being from N.Cal, I didn't even like baseball until we met, now I'm also a 49'ers and Sharks and Sacramento Kings fan.
acletiger
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 03:21 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 116

Got into baseball four years ago when visiting San Francisco. My daughter wanted to watch a game so we went to watch the A's play the Giants. After 3 innings i was hooked and been back every year since to watch the A's and now done 12 games at the colisium. By rights should support the Giants as similar colours to Hull City, but like so many on here went with the first stadium visited. I also have a soft spot for the Redsox following two games v the Yankees last year.
Tigers
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 07:56 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 330

Hey guys- first post here. I'm so glad i found this forum. I went to summer camp in Cheboygan, MI for many years and so I was always going to become a Tigers fan. Once my friends introduced the rules I was hooked!
Deadhead
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 07:23 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 346

Hiya,

Been having a browse through the forum and thought I'd sign up and have a post. I follow the Rangers due to the fact I've been a hardened follower of the San Antonio Spurs fan over the years in the NBA. Not as good as some of the other stories but I thought I'd keep the Texas theme going through my supported teams. p.s. not a huge Houston fan! tongue.gif

Hopefully this year is our year after the last two heartbreaks!
raskett
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 09:11 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 303

My sister moved out to New York two years ago and I finally went out to visit her with my brother last year.

It was my first trip to New York and I had the time of my life. During our trip my sisters boyfriend took us to see Yankees/Orioles at Yankee Stadium, I was completely captivated by the game!

Due to being a huge Tottenham Hotspur fan, I found myself drawn to the Yankees for their obvious pedigree and big name players (as this was a welcomed change at the time..)

When I arrived back in the UK, I subscribed to mlb.tv and have been very much enjoying the game ever since.

I have found it a great way to keep in touch with my sisters boyfriend as he is a huge Yankees fan, as well as provide me with a an exciting alternative to Premiership football which I have found myself growing increasingly frustrated with.

My interest in the sport is growing by the day, and I hope to look back in many years time just like some of the stories in this thread, with great fondness and happy memories.
Basset
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 10:09 AM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 40

I'd flown over to New York to attend a surprise party for my parents. Whilst over there my Dad (big baseball fan) wanted to get a game but having already been to both NY grounds we drove down to Philadelphia so he could get a new ground in.

SO my first experience was watching a game live at Citizens Bank Park mid/late September when the Phillies were pushing for the division. Great atmosphere and I was hooked from then.

StewartB
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 06:53 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 86

QUOTE (galraen @ Feb 14 2012, 05:13 AM)
You'd better pray you have a real QB in place for next season, if you persist with Tebow you won't be as lucky as you were this season.

These posts are really from April 2012, right?? AFAIK, the Jets haven't traded away Sanchez and named Tebow starter yet ... It'll be interesting to see how Peyton Manning settles in in Denver next season.

Anybody I picked the Giants because I already supported the 49ers and it made sense to have a team in the same city (the 49ers were the first team I saw on channel 4 in the 1980s, and I liked the colour of their uniforms!)
galraen
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 11:36 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

The post of mine you quoted was actually made in February, before the trade. I was talking about Denver, and it seems they agreed with me; although I think they've made a heck of a big gamble.
KoolaidMariner
Posted: Jul 26 2012, 02:27 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 439

Got into baseball a few years back and initially didn't really have a team. Always liked the Mariners, the Astro's, theMaarlins and the Blue Jays... But could never decide on a favourite.

Then the Mariners were mentioned on "How I met your mother" with a joke about the world series that I didn't get..So I looked it up and realised they had never been to the world series!!

Always a sucker for an underdog they became my only team since that day...Now a massive fan and couldn't imagine ever supporting another team.

Go Mariners!!!
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1335 seconds | Archive