Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  ( Go to first unread post )

2012 NHL Season
Kid Cuddy
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 03:38 AM

All-Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 302

A deciding Game 7 awaits Lee! 3-2 overtime victory for the Devils sees us destined for the most pivotable of games. How do you feel you guys will do in Game 7? They really are hard to predict, you can toss the form guide out the window anyway.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Rangers series decider on Thursday. I'm heading to New York in May so hope they're still in the race, it should provide for a superb atmosphere I hope!
StL Tim
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 02:25 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 341

QUOTE (Kid Cuddy @ Apr 25 2012, 03:38 AM)
I'm eagerly awaiting the Rangers series decider on Thursday. I'm heading to New York in May so hope they're still in the race, it should provide for a superb atmosphere I hope!

That would be great, especially if the Knicks are still involved in the playoffs too!

Been a great playoffs so far, can't wait to get our series with the Kings started, should be a tight one but I think we've got a good chance.
Kid Cuddy
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 10:31 AM

All-Star

What a huge win for the Capitals last night! They overcame the reigning cup champions, the Bruins in Game 7 overtime in Boston.
After all the disappointments over the past few years with this side it's amazing that now when little or nothing is expected of them they finally decide to show up. Ovechkin will have a chance at cup glory once again.

2 other huge game 7s tonight also with Ottawa travelling to NY to take on the Rangers & the Devils making the trip to Florida.

I really can't wait for the Rangers game. Hopefully Lundqvist can do what he does best & shutout the opposition. There's going to be a tremendous atmosphere in The Garden tonight. Let's hope Brad Richards can continue the form he showed in Game 6 also.

How you reckon your series against LA will go STLTim? It should be a close fought batttle.

LeeMarlin87, Big game for you guys tonight, a playoff series win for you guys would be massive.
Leemarlin87
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 05:36 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Yeah it is a big game tonight

Shame I can't watch it, might stay up and see if I can get a stream from somewhere

Either way its been a great season for us, just to win the division was brilliant and to even get the Devils (an experianced Playoff team) to 7 games is something to be proud off

Gonna be a good one and probably 1 goal or so in it, hopefully its in our advantage

Next season should be even better.

StL Tim
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 10:27 PM

Everyday Regular

yeh I'll be watching Rangers tonight, should be a good game. Bit split because I like the Rangers but I also like seeing Canadian teams do well because of family connection to Canada and also the atmosphere in Canadian rinks is always amazing.

Our series with LA should be a close one like you say KC, do you follow Kings to go along with the Dodgers?

Two solid defensive teams with top tier goaltending so I think it will be low scoring, probably one or two goals in it each game. I'm confident we can hold our own with anyone with the team we have but theres not going to be much in it. Should go to 6 or 7 games. Hopefully we can find a way to solve Quick because he was great against Vancouver but I think we have a great chance of getting through and maybe even going all the way.
StL Tim
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 01:51 AM

Everyday Regular

Rangers it is then. Fun game to watch, end to end action, not much to choose between the two teams. Lundqvist came up with some big saves late in the 3rd when Ottawa was building some pressure. Mistakes cost Senators in the end, some horrible turnovers in their own end, bit lucky that the Rangers didn't punish them more really.
Kid Cuddy
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 02:19 AM

All-Star

Hey StlTim how was the game? I didn't get to see any of it unfortunately, watching the NFL Draft & just kept an eye on the play by play. Did look as though Lundqvist kept the Rangers in it. They march on now to the East Semis which should be another good series.

I don't have a team to follow yet in the NHL. Seen as Im going to New York this May & if the Rangers are still in the Cup I could see myself following them.
StL Tim
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 04:21 PM

Everyday Regular

Hi KC, it was a good game to watch. Fast paced game with chances at both ends though both teams were making mistakes. Great atmosphere at MSG, place was rocking. Imagine it was incredibly frustrating for the Senators fans, they were a bit of a mess defensively as shown by the two goals particularly the first - bad turnover on the blue line and in my opinion a pretty poor effort from Gonchar on the resulting 2 on 1. Got to do more to cut out the pass, get your body in the passing lane, get you stick on the ice, do something!

Had several bad giveaways in their own end and the neutral zone that led to Rangers chances and I thought there was a lack of hustle from the forwards on the backcheck.

Rangers played ok but looked a bit vulnerable defensively, Lundqvist had to bail them out a few times, especially during a couple of periods of pretty sustained Ottawa pressure in the 3rd. Should think they were pretty relieved they made it through. Not much between the teams ultimately, the Sens mistakes and Lundqvist ended up making the difference.

Looking forward to a good evening of hockey tomorrow, Capitals - Rangers at 8pm followed by Kings - Blues at 12:30.

Rangers would be a fun team for you to follow I think, I've always liked them because Lundqvist is one of my favourite players. Original 6 team so they've got the history and some good rivalries.

Leemarlin87
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 05:46 AM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 4

Heartbreaking loss on Thursday night in Double OT sees us lose game 7 3-2

What a run though from last place to the division title and being 1 win away, heck 1 goal away in OT to advancing.

still got to wait for that long overdue playoff series win, hopefully next year
CubbieDream
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 11:00 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 2

We got through what should have been a more straight forward series against the Senators. Unfortunately I didn't see a great deal of the series past the highlights. Now we face the Caps who we seem to face every single time we get into the post season, and they are 7-1 in the last 8 games against us in the post season. This is going to be a really tough series with a lot of physical hockey. Bring it on, game 1 tonight biggrin.gif
CubbieDream
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 10:21 PM

All-Star

Always nice to take the first game in the series, earned a 3-1 win tonight against the caps to take a 1-0 lead. I saw most of this game and 20 year old Chris Kreider was fantastic, he scored one and had an assist as well. He was just a menace all game and I can't wait to see how he develops over the next couple of years.
CubbieDream
Posted: May 3 2012, 07:05 PM

All-Star

Just finished watching the Rangers/Caps game from last night, one of the best games I have ever seen. Rangers win it 2-1 in triple over time. Ovechkin hits the pipe for the Caps in OT and Gaborik hits the pipe for the Rangers in OT before he put one away in the 3rd period of overtime. It was fast paced, it was like basketball without the high scoring. End to end stuff, Holtby in goal for the Caps and Lundqvist in goal for the Rangers were both superb. It was just incredible, Rangers take a 2-1 series lead but I have a feeling this one may go the distance to 7 games.
Kid Cuddy
Posted: May 4 2012, 03:27 AM

All-Star

It was incredible! What a game in Washington!
I don't think I've ever seen a more epic game, like you say Cubbie it was end to end & non stop action. I watched it all even tho it did have me up late but it was worth it. I thought Callahan was immense!
He put his body on the line blocking shot after shot, it was a tremendous performance by the Rangers captain. It could have been the Capitals game easily had Ovechkin's shot off the post been a few inches inside the iron. Already looking forward to Saturday night & game 4 in the Verizon Center.
StL Tim
Posted: May 4 2012, 12:37 PM

Everyday Regular

Ugh what a farce this series is turning into. Horrible performance last night, mistakes all over the place. So frustrating, team completely fell apart taking dumb penalties and turning the puck over way too easily. Losing is one thing but to lose playing like this is a sickener.
StL Tim
Posted: May 6 2012, 10:03 PM

Everyday Regular

Season over, finally started to play like we can in the 3rd tonight but too little too late. Can't believe we didn't tie that game up. Mega frustrating series, more than capable of winning it but we beat ourselves. Still this team has some great young players should be right in the mix for the next few years.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1109 seconds | Archive