Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Christmas Eve Football
CubbieDream
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 11:09 AM

All-Star

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (A_C @ Dec 25 2011, 02:45 AM)
QUOTE (CubbieDream @ Dec 24 2011, 10:02 PM)
Sanchez threw the ball 59 times today.....talk about the recipe for disaster  wacko.gif .....resulted in 5 sacks, 2 interceptions a lost fumble and 29 misplaced passes.... huh.gif

If it wasn't Christmas... I might just hurt someone....most likely Sanchez.

It was one painful game to watch, especially as the Giants secondary has been blown apart for most of the season. I've always tried to be positive about Sanchez, I like the guy a lot, but he's not good enough (at the moment, at least) to carry the team like he had to do today.

I think Cubbie said it best when we acquired Sanchez "If we trade up to get Sanchez I'm gonna throw my TV out of the window." I feel like throwing my TV out of the window when he makes throws/fumbles like he did today. I can't even say "Roll on the Mets season"

For a little while I was ready to admit that I was wrong about Sanchez.......as he started to look like a QB drafted that high. Now I'm starting to feel i was justified with the comment I made. He checks down after his first read......even if his second read is wide open. Did he complete a pass with the ball actually travelling through the air...more than 6 yards? if he did I can't remember one.

Jets fans used to hate Pennington because he couldn't throw that 50 yard bomb....well he could certainly complete those passes of 10-20 yards. It's ridiculous really and I'm getting sick of him and his defenders. This is year 3, yes he took us to two Championship games but that was on defence and the running game. He made some clutch throws but he is as far from consistent as is possible.

I'm looking at guys like Cam Newton and Andy Dalton and they look to be already playing at Sanchez's level. Rex and Sanchez are married together so I don't expect it to change much.
galraen
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 11:44 AM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Our first round pick next year is gone, hopefully we'll be able to get Barkley in 2013. I can dream can't I? rolleyes.gif
CubbieDream
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 12:29 PM

All-Star

I hope we consider adding Barkley in 2013....never going to happen but would certainly take it biggrin.gif
AlextheBrave
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 05:14 PM

All-Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (CubbieDream @ Dec 25 2011, 12:29 PM)
I hope we consider adding Barkley in 2013....never going to happen but would certainly take it biggrin.gif

I think the Jets, along with a few others, could do a lot worse than trying to get their hands on Peyton.

That of course assumes he will be fit enough next season and obviously the Colts have that first pick. Which brings another question into play should Colts "suck for luck" against the Jags next week. I imagine ownership and fans will hope they do.
CubbieDream
Posted: Dec 26 2011, 11:55 AM

All-Star

If Peyton is available, I really do think that we should go for him. See what this team is capable of with a capable QB.

Rumours were swirling last night that the Jets are "quietly" exploring their options this off-season in relation to making a change at the QB position. With all due respect to the management, if they are making a change at QB......they have to make a change at the OC position as well.
A_C
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 01:21 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

QUOTE (CubbieDream @ Dec 26 2011, 11:55 AM)
If Peyton is available, I really do think that we should go for him. See what this team is capable of with a capable QB.

I want to agree with you, Cubbie, but I'm worried it's gonna be Favre mark II. If we did add Manning and drafted a quality pass-rusher (finally) I'd be a lot more optimistic over next season. However, part of me would like to see how Sanchez plays under a new OC. I've never been a fan of Schotty and, you have to wonder, are his gameplans and preparation ruining Sanchez? His gameplans have hung Sanchez out to dry a few times this season. We both know that getting Sanchez to throw the ball 50+ times is never going to work, so why doesn't our OC?
CubbieDream
Posted: Dec 27 2011, 04:23 PM

All-Star

QUOTE (A_C @ Dec 27 2011, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (CubbieDream @ Dec 26 2011, 11:55 AM)

I want to agree with you, Cubbie, but I'm worried it's gonna be Favre mark II. If we did add Manning and drafted a quality pass-rusher (finally) I'd be a lot more optimistic over next season. However, part of me would like to see how Sanchez plays under a new OC. I've never been a fan of Schotty and, you have to wonder, are his gameplans and preparation ruining Sanchez? His gameplans have hung Sanchez out to dry a few times this season. We both know that getting Sanchez to throw the ball 50+ times is never going to work, so why doesn't our OC?

In a way I do agree, but on Saturday Schotty dialled up the right plays and Sanchez left them on the field. How many times did he miss an open receiver, under throw or over throw. Hold on too long and get sacked, have no awareness where the pressure was coming from. Schotty puts a play together to get the receivers open, and then for Sanchez to go through his reads and make the right decision. On Saturday and many times this year, we have had open receivers over the middle and Sanchez has decided to check it down for a 3-4 yard game. I just don't think Sanchez has the awareness, or recognition to be an elite or even a very good QB. Maybe a new offensive coordinator is what he needs to just make a fresh start, but Schotty isn't the one making the decisions on the field when there are open receivers, i would say it's 50-50 in the blame game between both of them.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0854 seconds | Archive