Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

2011 NBA Season
Tijani
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 12:07 AM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

The lockout is over and games are due to start on Christmas day. A lot of trades and signings will happen over the next few weeks.

The big rumour doing the rounds is Chris Paul to the Lakers in a 3-team deal.
Adam31
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 02:56 AM

Hall of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

I want Chris Paul for the Celtics, but only with an extension, but he doesn't want to do that, yet we alienate Rondo, a guy who takes things like this to heart.

Danny Ainge is really having a bit of a mare over the last year, the Perkins trade and now this.

Not too optmistic about winning anything this season, i'm just taking it as one last chance to watch the Big4 play together, for nostalgia's sake.
Leemarlin87
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 06:29 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 4

I'm just glad the lockout is over and things can get going again.

Looking forward to opening the season on Christmas Day getting some revenge against Dallas.

Gonna be a close season again I think, anything less then a championship will be considered a failure for us so the pressure is even more intense now then it was last year I think.

Lebron needs to answer a few critics for sure.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Heat Vs Lakers final.
CubbieDream
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 06:44 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 2

Really looking forward to the season, I love the addition of Tyson Chandler to the Knicks, he brings the defence that can really make a massive difference. You add him to Amare and Carmelo and you have a top class front court. There are questions about the back court, we have waived Chauncey Billups to make room for Chandler as now Billups $14 mill salary won't count against our cap. We also brought in Mike Bibby who could be a nice smaller addition.

We would love to add CP3 but it was never happening as we didn't have enough in the trade chip department to entice New Orleans. Although CP obviously wants to come to the Knicks, so hopefully he keeps declining to sign an extension so we can grab him and work around the cap next off-season.
Tijani
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 08:17 PM

Hall of Famer

I actually think the lockout benefits teams like the Lakers and Celtics. They donít need to play as many games which will help with the older players. If it wasnít for the injury to Rondo then Boston would have probably done a lot better than they did in the playoffs.

The Chris Paul deal seems to be off for now. The deal wasnít approved by David Stern and nobody knows why. Itís was a ridiculous decision and he is rightfully receiving a lot of criticism from everybody. I wasnít convinced that the trade for Paul was the right thing to do for us but there was no legitimate reason to stop the deal.

We are now being linked with a deal for Howard and Paul will still be an option.
Adam31
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 08:20 PM

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Tijani @ Dec 11 2011, 08:17 PM)
I actually think the lockout benefits teams like the Lakers and Celtics. They donít need to play as many games which will help with the older players. If it wasnít for the injury to Rondo then Boston would have probably done a lot better than they did in the playoffs.

The Chris Paul deal seems to be off for now. The deal wasnít approved by David Stern and nobody knows why. Itís was a ridiculous decision and he is rightfully receiving a lot of criticism from everybody. I wasnít convinced that the trade for Paul was the right thing to do for us but there was no legitimate reason to stop the deal.

We are now being linked with a deal for Howard and Paul will still be an option.

Hasn't helped us, we play too many back-to-backs, and one back-to-back-back. The team is really old, we havent had time to add new players, and we're starting the season with KG at the 5 inevitably when J.O gets injured.
CubbieDream
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 09:41 PM

All-Star

SO he was close to the Lakers but he ended up with the Clippers. Paul will be a great coup for the "other" team in LA. Still wouldn't put them on par with the Lakers but i think they have closed the gap considerably now.

24 hours away from pre-season and I think the Knicks starting 5 will be:

Carmelo Anthony
Tyson Chandler
Amare Stoudemire
Landry Fields
Toney Douglas

Looking at the starting 5 at the start of the season, I can't remember it being as good as that since 1999/2000 when we had the starting five of Sprewell/Houston/Larry Johnson/Marcus Camby and the big man Patrick Ewing.
CubbieDream
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 04:58 PM

All-Star

Are you ready for some basketball!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Lets go Knicks, we need to take the Atlantic Division this year. Been back seat riders too long.
AlextheBrave
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 05:18 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 10

I forgot about these games on the box tonight, beats Doctor Who, Soaps and Strictly Come Thingy.

As for the Hawks, the last 2 seasons have been exactly the same. Dreadfull ownership, poor fanbase, good solid team, easily in playoffs but as soon as they play anyone decent they are blown away.

I expect exactly the same this season.
CubbieDream
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 06:24 PM

All-Star

Knicks lead the Celtics by 10 at the break. 62-52.

Carmelo is leading the way with 17 points and 7 boards, Stat has 12 and hold the back pages.......Knicks showing a little defence is Tyson Chandler up to 4 blocked shots. Rookie Shumpert has 11 off the bench but is pretty erratic in his shooting. TD has 11 points and is being pretty efficient in his shots.

So far so good, good performance by the guys. Definitely come to play tonight, I just hope they can maintain the intensity over the 2nd half.
Adam31
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 07:23 PM

Hall of Famer

Brandon Bass is looking like a right shrewd acquisition.

Rondo "dejected by trade rumours". Looks to me to have motivated him. Beating a very good team by 5, and have played brilliantly second half after a pretty sub-par first.

And this is without Pierce.
CubbieDream
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 07:31 PM

All-Star

Shumpert is out with a sprained MCL....probably done for a good 2-3 weeks.

Tough break, as he brought a lot of energy off the bench.
CubbieDream
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 08:02 PM

All-Star

What an absolutely fantastic game to get the NBA season kicked off with a bang. Knicks edge it 106-104 on a game that could have gone either way. Melo showed in the 4th why he is one of the best in the game. Ended with 37 points and 8 boards. He hit a couple of high pressure free throws and a big 3 pointer to bring us back in the game.

Really sad to hear that Shumpert is out for a few weeks, he is definitely a rookie to watch in 2011.

Celtics will be challenging as always this year, especially when they get Pierce back. Bass and Rondo were the star men, Rondon was on absolute fire. Allen had a pretty efficient game shooting 7 of 12.
Tijani
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 11:35 PM

Hall of Famer

Iím just watching some of the Lakers-Bulls game. Good game so far with the lead changing between the teams a lot. Although we have made a lot of stupid turnovers.

Iím not expecting much from us at the start if the season with no Bynum for 4 games and a new coach. The loss of Odom doesnít help and I was disappointed that we traded him but that was just part of the fallout from the Paul trade not happening. We seemed to be getting overlooked by a lot of people this season and I can see us surprising them. We arenít the favourites but we are a lot better than a lot of people seem to think and I would say the same thing could be applied to the Celtics.

I think how the Knicks do this season will come down to how good Chandler is defensively for them.

It should be an interesting season.

Also, NBA.TV is FREE until the 9th of January.
Tijani
Posted: Dec 26 2011, 01:32 AM

Hall of Famer

We lose 88-87. It was a close game to the end with Kobe unable to score with the final shot of the game. It looked like there should have been a travelling call made against the Bulls on the play that resulted in them taking the lead but sometimes these calls go against you. Still, a lot of positives to take from the game and we have run one of the preseason favourites close with no Bynum and an injured Kobe.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1135 seconds | Archive