Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

International Football
Leemarlin87
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 06:49 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

So its the final weekend of qualifiers with England, Scotland, N.Ireland and Rep of Ireland all still in with a shout of the playoffs at least.

We should seal it tonight I think, gonna be a close game as we saw at Wembley they are no pushovers and as there record suggests they are hard to break down, might not score many though which is what lets them down, a point is enough for us and I think they will take that as well as it keeps them in pole position for the playoff place and might be enough if Wales beat Switzerland.

I predict a tight 1-0 win for us though.

Scotland should beat Liechtenstein but then will need to beat Spain which is a massive ask, N.Irelands chances are slim after there defeat in Estonia whilst Rep of Ireland should be good enough for the 2nd spot at least and the playoffs.
galraen
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 10:17 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

I wonder if Rooney's dad and uncle had a bet on Waybe getting sent off? rolleyes.gif
fishandchippers
Posted: Oct 11 2011, 08:50 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 11

COME ON SCOTLAND!

AlextheBrave
Posted: Oct 13 2011, 06:24 PM

All-Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

3 match ban for Rooney, probably a game more than he deserved but no sympathy from me.

Lets face England arent going to win the Euros with him so it makes little difference, depending on the draw it will be struggle to get out of the groups because quite frankly we arent even one of the elite European teams.
Adam31
Posted: Nov 27 2011, 09:26 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 26

Devestating news regarding gary speed, as a wales fan, naturally i'm gutted as we were on the rise to something pretty wonderful as a team, but of course football isnt the critical point in moments like this.

The thoughts go to the family and friends, and the whole of football, not just Welsh football, but all connected, as football lost one of the good guys today.
fishandchippers
Posted: Nov 28 2011, 09:24 AM

All-Star

RIP Gary. That really was a shock yesterday when I read that.
galraen
Posted: Nov 28 2011, 03:19 PM

Administrator

Sad indeed, leaves me wondering WTF was going on in his private life to make him want to hang himself; it certainly doesn't look like it was anything to do with his professional life as he was doing so well.
Leemarlin87
Posted: Nov 28 2011, 10:25 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 4

RIP Indeed

A very sad weekend for Football, like Gal says something must of been going on in his personal life that not even close friends seem to know about

Very sad and he was doing a great job as Wales boss with some of there good young talent coming through he seemed to be the perfect man to lead them at this time

RIP Gary

galraen
Posted: Feb 7 2012, 01:19 AM

Administrator

First of all let me point out that I don't like John Terry and don't like him being England's captain.

That being said, I find the outbursts against Capello for having the temerity to disagree with the FA ridiculous. (We all know what FA really stands for, but this is a family site, so I won't spell it out!)

It's the FA that are interfering with the manager's right ot select his team and captain; can you imagine how Fergy would react if the Man U board started dictating to him who he could pick?

Yet more evidence, as if any was needed, that the FA are completely out of touch with reality!
galraen
Posted: Feb 8 2012, 08:34 PM

Administrator

So Capello had resigned, nice one FA, way to prepare for the Euros this year. If they give the job to Redknapp I'll be supporting the same teams as Chipper in the summer!
A_C
Posted: Feb 8 2012, 09:44 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 13

Give it to Pardew, he's worth a go.

I'm, however, hoping Redknapp gets it and Spurs implode. Followed by Redknapp steering England to three successive loses in the Euros and him being hounded out 'Schteve Mclaren style'...
fishandchippers
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 12:05 AM

All-Star

QUOTE (galraen @ Feb 8 2012, 08:34 PM)
So Capello had resigned, nice one FA, way to prepare for the Euros this year. If they give the job to Redknapp I'll be supporting the same teams as Chipper in the summer!

we will welcome you to the Anyone but England camp Gal. smile.gif
WMCHRIS
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 09:30 AM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 187

(galraen @ Feb 8 2012, 08:34 PM)]

He's engineered all this anyway and wanted a reason to resign. He shouldnt have had the chance though, or been given a 2 year contract before the WC, after what happened there he should have been sacked.
AlextheBrave
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 12:36 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 10

Harry is clearly the only legitimate candidate, anyone else is 2nd best. Pardew has ruled himself out and the only other candidate is Hodgson, no thanks. I am traditional in wanting an Englishman.

As for Capello, the fact he wanted Terry to remain captain implies that he wanted Terry in his starting lineup. For that reason alone i'm happy Fabio has gone because Terry is simply not good enough to start, he has been dreadfull this season.

Innocent until proven guilty? yes i agree but in this case anyone who has seen the footage knows exactly what Terry said so i have no problem already treated himn as guilty.
galraen
Posted: Feb 9 2012, 01:46 PM

Administrator

He's engineered all this anyway

Sorry, but I find that ridiculous. It's the FA that's been doing the engineering, they know that as soon as they started interfering in the manager's team selection there could only be one of two outcomes. Either they apologise or he resigns.

So Terry isn't good enough to play for England! So who is, face it England are a second rate nation in football terms, the fact that Looney is considered essential should prove that. The guy should never be allowed to pull on an England shirt again after his antics.

As for blaming Capello for what happened in South Africa! Yes he should shoulder his share of the blame, but the dreadful truth is the players he had available simply weren't good enough. Not helped of course by the fact that Looney went AWOL, again.

If there's one thing I blame Capello for it's not having the guts to tell Looney that he'll never play for England again whilst he's manager.

As for giving the job to DeadCrap, are the FA sure he'd take the job? If not they are going to look even more silly as the timing of this was obviously geared around there being enough Spuds fans on the jury to secure acquittal. If they are certain, will they be charging themselves with tapping him up?
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1374 seconds | Archive