Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

ALDS and NLDS Discussion
Tijani
Posted: Oct 8 2011, 03:02 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9

What an amazing set of games over the last few days with all of them being decided by one run. The Brewers v Diamondbacks was exciting as the Brewers won in extra innings with a single from Morgan scoring Gomez from 2nd. There was a lot of late inning drama as the Díbacks loaded the bases in the 8th but didnít score and then in the 9th Axford blew the save with Gerardo Parra getting his first hit of the series to leadoff the 9th with a double before scoring on a safety squeeze from Willie Bloomquist.

That was a good start to the night and it was followed by a great pitching duel between Halladay and Carpenter. The Cardinals scored in the 1st inning and then after that there was no more scoring as the Cardinals won 1-0. They had a great chance to add to their lead when they had the bases loaded and one out in the 8th but Halladay made some great pitches to get out the inning. Normally these big pitching match-ups donít live up to expectations but this one certainly did.

I just hope the Championship Seriesí and the World Series are close to as exciting as the Divisional Seriesí were.
fishandchippers
Posted: Oct 8 2011, 07:30 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 11

just great baseball. Cements the sport as the greatest in the world. However it also shows that the Division Series should really also be best of 7 games.

Seeing the Phillies lose is amazingly satisfying though. Especially hearing about Victorino reaching into his locker and ripping up his World Series tickets. Lol. I'll be rooting for the Brew Crew to win it all.
StewartB
Posted: Oct 8 2011, 10:36 PM

All-Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 86

QUOTE (fishandchippers @ Oct 8 2011, 07:30 PM)
just great baseball. Cements the sport as the greatest in the world. However it also shows that the Division Series should really also be best of 7 games.

Seeing the Phillies lose is amazingly satisfying though. Especially hearing about Victorino reaching into his locker and ripping up his World Series tickets. Lol. I'll be rooting for the Brew Crew to win it all.

Another excellent result - now it's all to play for with the teams from the East all out of the way!

Now for the kiss of death moment. Every year that I've been to the USA to watch baseball, I've seen the eventual champions play at some point. Out of the 4 remaining teams, I only saw one of them play this year ... the St Louis Cardinals.
galraen
Posted: Oct 9 2011, 12:46 AM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

I hope your streak comes to an end Stewart. I hate it when the result of the WS makes a complete mockery of baseball.
Basset
Posted: Oct 9 2011, 09:38 AM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 40

QUOTE (StewartB @ Oct 8 2011, 10:36 PM)

Another excellent result - now it's all to play for with the teams from the East all out of the way!

Now for the kiss of death moment. Every year that I've been to the USA to watch baseball, I've seen the eventual champions play at some point. Out of the 4 remaining teams, I only saw one of them play this year ... the St Louis Cardinals.

By that reackoning the team I saw still in it.. The Texas Rangers.

For me a shame that the Philies are out... serves us right for winning those last games against the Braves !
AlextheBrave
Posted: Oct 9 2011, 02:14 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Basset @ Oct 9 2011, 09:38 AM)
For me a shame that the Philies are out... serves us right for winning those last games against the Braves !

It is quite ironic really, i believe the Phillies would be playing in the NLCS tonight if they had of given up a couple of those games to the Braves.

I see that final out has ruled Howard out until July next season, another dent in one of the worse contracts in the game. I cant wait to see Howard towards the end of the 5 years left on that deal.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0996 seconds | Archive