Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (17) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Prem. Football.
metsfan247
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 05:39 PM

All-Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 280

What do you make of Ryan Bennett? I watched his perforance today with interest

I used to watch him at Grimsby when he first broke into the team and at that time (League 2) he looked very accomplished for a young player. He was widely tipped to have a bright future even back then. Grimsby got a nice sell on fee when Norwich signed him which will keep us going financially until at least next season so thanks for that.

I thought today he looked a bit out of his depth at times The premier is a huge step up and you get punished for mistakes far more than the other leagues. Today he was up against a very good attack force it has to be said. Tevez and Aguero were interchanging positions all the time- that 2nd goal was a classic. I am sure with more experience however he will develop into a decent player for that level.

CubbieDream
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 05:50 PM

All-Star

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (metsfan247 @ Apr 14 2012, 05:39 PM)
What do you make of Ryan Bennett? I watched his perforance today with interest

I used to watch him at Grimsby when he first broke into the team and at that time (League 2) he looked very accomplished for a young player. He was widely tipped to have a bright future even back then. Grimsby got a nice sell on fee when Norwich signed him which will keep us going financially until at least next season so thanks for that.

I thought today he looked a bit out of his depth at times The premier is a huge step up and you get punished for mistakes far more than the other leagues. Today he was up against a very good attack force it has to be said. Tevez and Aguero were interchanging positions all the time- that 2nd goal was a classic. I am sure with more experience however he will develop into a decent player for that level.

Haven't seen a great deal of him since his move, he was the best player on the pitch against Spurs last weekend but was pretty woeful today I thought. He just needs to learn the finer points of defending, if he improves his decision making and his positioning I think he'll be a great defender for us. He's still raw at this level as a lot of our players are, but I think the two Bennetts will be massive for us next season. Ryan at the back and Elliot out on the wing.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 09:47 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

Was at Wembley today, and I am absolutely gutted. The worst feeling I have ever had as an Everton fan. sad.gif
Leemarlin87
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 02:48 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 4

Well the title is back in the balance

it is now in the hands of both teams, If one of them wins out they will be champions, next Monday is gonna be huge.

Could the title really be decided on Goal difference??

RaysTheRoof
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 01:25 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 351

I'd make City marginal favourites now, though Mancini is just playing mind games telling everybody that they can't possibly win it.

It's going to be years before us Norwich City fans will forget the 6-1 roasting Man City gave us at home last week.

If it comes down the goal difference then City has a large margin to play with that almost amounts to an extra point in the bag. Hope they do it anyway, Man Utd are a pretty smug club and it would be great if they won nothing at all this year.
CubbieDream
Posted: May 13 2012, 05:59 PM

All-Star

Surprised that nobody has mentioned the events of today yet. United winning 1-0 and City down 2-1 going into stoppage time, a Dzecko header and then a goal by Aguero give City the title. Unfortunately Bolton didn't win so QPR stay up. Fantastic end to a great season though.

On a personal note, 12th place for us is a fantastic result for our first year back in the top flight. Would have snapped your hand off if you offered 17th at the start of the year, so to finish 5 places above there is tremendous.

We need to go away and re-build this summer to mount another offensive next year. Same again would be excellent and our finances at the club are certainly more settles now. I think the most important thing this off-season is keeping a hold of Paul Lambert.

Player of the year went to Grant Holt, and you can hardly be surprised. 15 league goals and 17 all together is some accomplishment. Hopefully we can get Kyle Naughton back with us next year. We need a left back, another striker and probably another winger too.

Certainly going to be interesting to see who we bring in, but we are still Premier League biggrin.gif
metsfan247
Posted: May 13 2012, 06:09 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 280

I'm still in shock Cubbie

i keep bursting into tears like a big jessie.

One of the happiest moments of my life. unbeleivable smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
A_C
Posted: May 13 2012, 06:19 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 13

I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to see the Bolton fans crying, but a cracking day of football nonetheless.
Leemarlin87
Posted: May 13 2012, 09:04 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 4

Brilliant day of Football, just amazing end to the season

Would of been even better if Bolton had won and sent QPR as a result of Citys comeback, but still can;t argue with the drama that happened.

One thing I'm getting annoyed at is all the people on Facebook and such declaring City have just bought the title and don't deserve it, I guess I missed the news that Rooney, De Gea, Ferdinand, Smalling, Jones, Evra, Vidic, Valencia, Young were all signed for free.

galraen
Posted: May 13 2012, 10:34 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Out of interest, why all the hatred for QPR?
Vader
Posted: May 13 2012, 10:59 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 258

QUOTE (Leemarlin87 @ May 13 2012, 09:04 PM)
Brilliant day of Football, just amazing end to the season

Would of been even better if Bolton had won and sent QPR as a result of Citys comeback, but still can;t argue with the drama that happened.

One thing I'm getting annoyed at is all the people on Facebook and such declaring City have just bought the title and don't deserve it, I guess I missed the news that Rooney, De Gea, Ferdinand, Smalling, Jones, Evra, Vidic, Valencia, Young were all signed for free.

Exactly! Someone actually posted on Twitter that Man Yoo had actually spent more on the starting 11 today than City had - I'm not sure whether that is true but it wouldn't surprise me!

Great last day of the season, where it is up in the air right until the final whistle!

Just hoping that next week's Scottish Cup Final isn't as dramatic, although if I get to celebrate at the end then I'll happily go through the emotions like the City fans today! cool.gif
CubbieDream
Posted: May 13 2012, 11:08 PM

All-Star

QUOTE (galraen @ May 13 2012, 10:34 PM)
Out of interest, why all the hatred for QPR?

Joey Barton, Neil Warnock, and now miserable fit Mark Hughes. All their fans talking rubbish at the start of the season about how we were doomed and they had brought in elite talent etc etc etc. just can't stand the guys
galraen
Posted: May 13 2012, 11:26 PM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Well I can understand the distaste for Barton, and I don't like Warnock, but having said that firing Warnock when they did was a real dumb move.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: May 13 2012, 11:42 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

We finished above Liverpool, so I'm satisfied.

Gutted that City won the league though. I really do hate that club, second only in football to Liverpool.
CubbieDream
Posted: May 13 2012, 11:47 PM

All-Star

QUOTE (galraen @ May 13 2012, 11:26 PM)
Well I can understand the distaste for Barton, and I don't like Warnock, but having said that firing Warnock when they did was a real dumb move.

True, but at least that got him off my tv screen.

I wonder what happens to Barton, it's automatically 4 games for his 2nd straight red but FA shy have to ban him for longer after his kick out at Aguero after the red card.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic OptionsPages: (17) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1645 seconds | Archive