Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

MMA/UFC
CubbieDream
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 09:20 PM

All-Star

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I float in and ut of MMA and UFC. I won't become too involved with it just because I hate Dana White with a passion.

Anyway I like martial arts, it has a lot more to it than a lot of people give it credit. It's not just brutes in a cage, they are all trained to a high level (at least the successful ones who are worth watching) in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Karate, Muay Thai or Judo. If you don't like it that fair enough, but it annoys me how people try to downgrade it to a common street fight. Maybe it annoys me so much because I used to be one of them.

Anyway we have a UFC event on Saturday Night (Live on ESPN for anyone who has it) and probably one of the best UFC fighters you'll ever see is defending his title. Jon Jones. A top quality fighter, youngest ever champion. And he is fighting Rampage Jackson.

A lot of bad blood with this one, Rampage has accused Jones of spying on his training camp. Jonez said it's rubbish and well Rampage is an idiot anyway. So can't wait for this one.

Anyway, thought I'd pop up a piece To talk all things MMA and I thought just before Jones v Jackson would be a perfect time.

Preview of Fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlCsjLO-VYU...be_gdata_player
CubbieDream
Posted: Sep 25 2011, 01:51 PM

All-Star

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

It wasn't the greatest of events IMO, there were a few marquee matches but most went as you would expect.

Obviously the main event was Jones v Jackson. Jones was dominant, never once looked in trouble and made Rampage tap out in the 4th round. I don't think there is a more complete fighter at any weight division in MMA at the moment. He has Muay Thai, boxing, Greco Roman wrestling, brilliant submissions and he is so unorthodox it is impossible to plan for him.

He never gets drawn into his opponents style, he kept at length with Rampage, use the leg kicks to weaken the lower body, connected with a few elbows, then took him down and put in a perfect submission to retain his title.

Koscheck beat Matt Hughes, who is already in the Hall Of Fame. Can't be too long until he retires, some thout if he had won that match he would have retired. However he said he will keep going.

A few other fights including a Nate Diaz win, but nothing spectacular. No real marquee knock outs to talk about. I think the thing to take from UFC 135 is that it's going to take something special for someone to beat Jones.

Next up for him is Rasheed Evans.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0582 seconds | Archive