Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Orlando Trip
Padres_Exile
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 10:49 PM

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 121

Hey, so im going to Orlando with a mate in August and i want to avoid all the Disney World and Universal Studios nonesense and watch some baseball!!

Has anyone been before that can give me a heads up as to what to do there or who i can see. ill be happy watching a minor league team. Whatever, i just dont want to spend 10 days with Mickey Mouse.

(If i had my way i would go on a tour of the west coast and do a road trip of californian baseball. Might have to do that as well next year! biggrin.gif )
Elduque
Posted: Feb 11 2012, 02:47 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 260

Hi I've been to Orlando 4 times and saw 2 games.
Both games were Devil Rays v Yankees.

You need to go south east from Orlando to Tampa, which is about 1 h 20 mins from Orlando.
I enjoyed both games, although Tropicana field is not a authentic ball park, but it was good to be at a live game.
There was no need to book tickets in advance, but the Rays are a much better team now, so they may have a larger attendance now.

I know you were.not looking to go to Disney, but they do have a sports complex Espn wild world of sports, I think.
This was a great experience lots of baseball interaction.

Anyhow hope you a great trip.

Elduque....
Rabscallion
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 07:39 AM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Elduque @ Feb 11 2012, 02:47 PM)
Hi I've been to Orlando .........they have a sports complex Espn wild world of sports, I think. This was a great experience lots of baseball interaction.

Sounds interesting - tell me more - although I doubt 'er indoors would fancy Orlando too much (theme park phobia) - but you never know!

Rob
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0844 seconds | Archive