Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

The Yankees
Vox Humana
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 08:01 PM

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 247

Wow, only 39. I guess this is part of a youth movement for the Yankees LOL The point of this is that he may be the best fifth starter in baseball. If his arm is still live, he'd be better than Garcia and Hughes. its a win/win move for the Yankees. He blows out his arm, so what, $2.5 million would be chump change to the Yanks. If he pitches well then come post season you have a tough lefty who is a stud in the playoffs. You could never have too much pitching. ok i know he did steroids but these days its looking more like who didnt, always liked to see him pitch.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 10:58 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 265

Well it's been a horrible start. But I'm going to cling on to the fact that the last time we lost out opening three games was in 1998, when we won 114 games and won the World Series too. _
Leemarlin87
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 05:33 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (ToffeeYankee @ Apr 9 2012, 11:58 AM)
Well it's been a horrible start. But I'm going to cling on to the fact that the last time we lost out opening three games was in 1998, when we won 114 games and won the World Series too. _

Also everytime Kentucky have won the NCAA Basketball tournament (think its 8 or 7) the Yankees have the won the World Series

Kentucky won the title last week, I'd say your a lock to win it all lol
Kid Cuddy
Posted: Apr 10 2012, 10:54 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 302

Hey ToffeeYankee, how'd you guys look in your first win of the season? Girardi took alot of heat for his managing down in the opening series against Tampa.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 10:46 PM

All-Star

We were okay. The Yankees haven't yet had a performance to rave about, and the pitching (barring David Robertson) has been useless. It was a horrible series against the Rays, but I wouldn't say we've played any better against the Orioles; it's just that the Rays are a better (and more threatening) team, which is to be expected; so they punish more mistakes tan Baltimore would/have.
raskett
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 09:20 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 303

I thought our opening game against the Angels was pretty impressive, although our second appearance left a lot to be desired.

Looks as though we had a great game last night though, I am looking forward to catching up with the game this evening!
StL Tim
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 09:21 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 341

Michael Pineda out for the year with anterior labral tear of his right shoulder.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...ws_nyy&c_id=nyy
Kid Cuddy
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 02:38 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 302

Terrible news this for the Bronx Bombers. One of the most daring trades the Yankees have made their new focal point has been bumped around & is ready for the treatment table. We are hearing this will have him out of action for 12 months from now.
Perhaps Brian Cashman attempts to resolve the situation by going for another arm? I feel for them I must say, the monster Pineida had a lot of potential last year. Wonder what ToffeeYankees feelings will be on this scenario? It ain't good, thats for sure.
ToffeeYankee
Posted: Jul 12 2012, 12:08 AM

All-Star

Where are the other Yankees at? If there are still any Yankee fan on here, I'd lie to hear your opinion of the season so far. I'll post my thoughts tomorrow smile.gif.
Blokee
Posted: Jul 21 2012, 11:38 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 12

The Yankees are the Yankees. Pitching is ok but not dominant. BP is terrific even without Joba and Mo. Lineup is very streaky but get the job done but the biggest surprise is the bench. First Yankees team with a decent bench since maybe 98/99?

They are the best team in baseball and aren't very flashy. All very strange...

I shall return to my prolonged hibernation now...
Tijani
Posted: Nov 6 2012, 11:21 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 9

I have read it in a few places so far but what are Yankees fans views on the possibility of trading Curtis Granderson this offseason?

I think it makes a lot of sense but I could understand some reluctance in trading away an important player.
Miracle Mets
Posted: Feb 25 2013, 06:42 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 563

Yankees' Curtis Granderson out 10 weeks with broken arm after getting hit by pitch.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/bom...eClx4lE7xS4SLUL

Grandy was one of the few true power threats in the lineup, and two/three months is a significant portion of the season. They basically now lost potentially 120+ home runs from last year's team with A-Rod, Martin, and Swisher all gone too. I don't know if they take a flier on a guy like Soriano or Vernon Wells, though probably neither are worth it as a two month replacement. Scary thing is, as bad as the power situation looks right now for them, can you imagine what happens if Hafner or Youkilis get hurt? And they look a bit old and slow to play a lot of small-ball. Interesting!!!
Tijani
Posted: Mar 1 2013, 09:38 PM

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Miracle Mets @ Feb 25 2013, 06:42 PM)
Yankees' Curtis Granderson out 10 weeks with broken arm after getting hit by pitch.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/bom...eClx4lE7xS4SLUL

Grandy was one of the few true power threats in the lineup, and two/three months is a significant portion of the season. They basically now lost potentially 120+ home runs from last year's team with A-Rod, Martin, and Swisher all gone too. I don't know if they take a flier on a guy like Soriano or Vernon Wells, though probably neither are worth it as a two month replacement. Scary thing is, as bad as the power situation looks right now for them, can you imagine what happens if Hafner or Youkilis get hurt? And they look a bit old and slow to play a lot of small-ball. Interesting!!!

The Granderson injury is big and him and Cano where the only two Yankees hitters who you sort of knew what you would be getting. The pitching should be good but this is the least scary Yankees line-up that I can remember.
Miracle Mets
Posted: Mar 1 2013, 10:42 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 563

Yankees have apparently made a big offer to Cano somewhere in the same region of the Pujols and Votto deals, but he says he's concentrating on getting in shape for the season, and is too busy to pick up the phone and say "sure, I'll take the $220 million" wacko.gif
Tijani
Posted: Mar 6 2013, 10:54 PM

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Miracle Mets @ Mar 1 2013, 10:42 PM)
Yankees have apparently made a big offer to Cano somewhere in the same region of the Pujols and Votto deals, but he says he's concentrating on getting in shape for the season, and is too busy to pick up the phone and say "sure, I'll take the $220 million" wacko.gif

His agent is Scott Boras so unless he demands to stay with the Yankees then he will go to free agency. A lot of big market teams could be bidding for him as well.

Things just keep on getting worse for the Yankees with Teixeira injuring his wrist and could miss up to 10 weeks.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1371 seconds | Archive