Skin created by Guilty of Graphic Center.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to UK MLB Supporters. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Boxing
Leemarlin87
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 06:27 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

So David Haye vs Wladimir Klitischko tonight

Going round to my Brothers later on to watch the fight, think Haye has a chance in this one, Wladimir tires a bit in the middle rounds so if he can hold on and stay clear of danger till then he can pounce and try to knock the big man out, Haye needs to avoid taking to many shots to the chin though as that will be his undoing.

Should be a good fight but we've thought that before, still its good to have a heavyweight fight actually mean something for a change
A_C
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 08:39 PM

Hall of Famer

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

If it goes to the judges Haye's gonna be in trouble.
Anyone know what time it starts?
fishandchippers
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 10:30 PM

All-Star

Member No.: 11

well that was rubbish
A_C
Posted: Jul 2 2011, 10:57 PM

Hall of Famer

I wouldn't say it was rubbish, more that Haye was so overmatched in size he didn't have much hope even when he did land his punches -which were few and far between. I've seen much worse fights to be fair.

Still, seeing a Millwall fan get knocked around the ring is alright by me.
AlextheBrave
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 10:52 AM

All-Star

Member No.: 10

Thought it was pretty decent for a Heavyweight fight, you are rarely going to get the excitment in that division that the greater agility/hand speed of the lighter weight fights tend to provide.

Haye beaten by the better man.
Leemarlin87
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 01:18 PM

Hall of Famer

I enjoyed the fight, seen so many people on facebook and speaking to people at work earlier who say it was rubbish which is strange but then they tended to be the only watch big fights once every 3 years and expect them to be Rocky style fights when no fight is like that.

Haye was just outmatched, he just couldn't get close enough to Klitshcko to hit him hard enough to do any lasting damage.

Think we saw Hayes limitations at heavyweight, in reality he is a crusierweight that is fighting at Heavyweight as he dominated the crusierweights and needed a new challenge, he did well to win a world title at heavyweight and got a few succesfull defenses and made some big money from it but He can't leave with the beats that the heavyweight division is these days. He is fighting in the wrong era if it was the 80s he could of mad the transition and maybe stuck around the top of the heavyweights for a good few years.

Big respect for Wladimir though he came across a really nice and humble guy at the end in his interview as well.

Hayes foot was clearly broken in my eyes but that wasn't why he lost and he shouldn't of been using that an excuse, it didn't help certainly but it wan't why he lost.

Wladimir has said he would accept a rematch so we'll see what happens, Hayes camp still say he will retire in October.

A_C
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 09:39 PM

Hall of Famer

QUOTE (Leemarlin87 @ Jul 3 2011, 01:18 PM)
Hayes foot was clearly broken in my eyes but that wasn't why he lost and he shouldn't of been using that an excuse, it didn't help certainly but it wan't why he lost.

The thing is though, Haye's got to be physically perfect going into a fight like that. It's not just the physical damage, but the mental part too. How much did it weigh on Haye's mind that he wouldn't be able to use one of his best assets at 100%? I know it sounds like a convenient excuse, but perhaps it made a difference. There's no getting away from the fact that Vlad took him apart though, but a 100% Haye would surely have been better and, perhaps, got a big punch or two in and tested out someone who, supposedly, doesn't have the strongest chin.
galraen
Posted: Nov 8 2011, 04:57 AM

Administrator

Member No.: 1

B***er this growing old lark, one by one the sporting heroes of my youth are popping their clogs. Latest to go, Smokin' Joe Frazier, he was a great fighter and in his prime would have given any heavyweight since his time at least a good run for their money, and beaten most of them inside the distance.

RIP Joe, you were a true great!
Leemarlin87
Posted: Nov 8 2011, 04:13 PM

Hall of Famer

RIP Smokin Joe

Before my time but I've seen bits of his fights online on tapes ETC, obviously his fight with Ali is legendary and Ali has lead the tributes to the great man.
Vader
Posted: Feb 18 2012, 06:49 PM

Everyday Regular

Member No.: 258

Not a massive boxing fan but, seriously, how did I manage to miss this??? ohmy.gif

Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko at Weigh-In

This dude is going to get destroyed!! wacko.gif
Vox Humana
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 07:50 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 247

I haven't a clue about boxing, but one of them has threatened to shoot the other, which is bad for business as i assume you forfit your winning purse if you shoot the other guy, and the fights would be over PDQ if you sent both guys into the ring with a gun lol

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17088021
Adam31
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 12:19 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 26

Handbags come out between Chisora and Haye.
Adam31
Posted: Jun 12 2012, 04:28 PM

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 26

Did anybody watch the Pacquiao-Bradley fight?

Conspiracy alert? It wasn't even close.
galraen
Posted: Jun 12 2012, 06:23 PM

Administrator

That seems to be the unanimous reaction on both sides of the Atlantic Adam; but who ever thought the US boxing authorities were honest? Heck they even make FIFA look only moderately corrupt!
galraen
Posted: Jun 13 2012, 11:27 PM

Administrator

The WBO announced Wednesday that it will review Timothy Bradley's controversial victory over Manny Pacquiao in Saturday's welterweight championship fight.

Bradley, the WBO's junior welterweight champ, moved up in weight and claimed a split decision to take Pacquiao's WBO welterweight belt at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. However, there was a storm of controversy after judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross both scored the fight 115-113 in favor of Bradley while Jerry Roth had it 115-113 for Pacquiao.

The vast majority of observers had Pacquiao clearly winning the fight, many in lopsided fashion. Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, who promotes both fighters, was outraged and has called on the Nevada attorney general to inquire about the scoring.

WBO president Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel, who was ringside for the fight, said his organization's championship committee will review the fight. He said that the committee "will meet soon" and "will examine (the fight) with five recognized international judges to evaluate the video of the match and agree to what emerges."

Valcarcel said the scoring judges' integrity played no part in his decision to review the fight.

"I want to clarify that in no way does this say we are doubting the capacity of these judges, which we consider as honest and competent judges," Valcarcel said.

The WBO could order a rematch, although that is unnecessary because Pacquiao has a rematch clause in his contract that entitles him to an immediate second fight.

Pacquiao said after the fight that he would like a rematch, and Bradley also has said he would honor the commitment. Arum had Nov. 10 set aside for Pacquiao's next fight, whether against Bradley again or somebody else, well before Saturday's fight.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1508 seconds | Archive