Photobucket

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Two Houses Unite. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Theory Of The Mark Of The Beast
dryvby
Posted: Dec 30 2008, 08:25 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Just is a theory in the works, but I think God's Holy Spirit has revealed something to me, and I hope you will read this to either add to it or to take away from it, and not just ignore it. I post this because it's a side thing I'm currently looking into. Let God's Spirit guide you through this as you read. As I stated, this is to either had shot down or added to, but please do it using Scripture. It is a lot different than what you're taught in church and you read in books. Enjoy.

One thing we've been taught for a while is the Antichrist is going to come and mimic Jesus and try to gain followers by saying he is Jesus. I started to look up what an Antichrist is, biblically, through the bible (not through man's word since I feel man is why we're in the religious state we're in now... his word, not God's). There's 3 types of 'Messiah'. There's the real Messiah, Jesus. There's the psedu-Messiah, or fake Messiah who mimics Jesus and claims he's the actual messiah. And then there's the anti-Messiah, who actually is the complete opposite of Christ. I think Christians might be looking for a pseudo-Christ rather than an Antichrist. In other words, the Antichrist is like an other anti-entity. Anti-bacterial soap comes to destroy bacteria. An Antichrist would come to destroy the Messiah. He's the opposite of how Jesus is, so he's not actually going to be here to mimic Him rather than do the opposite of what he did. Daniel 7:25 gives you a glimpse of the spirit of the Antichrist and what his goals are. His goals are not to really mimic but to destroy God. It makes sense especially since his spirit is of the angel that thought he was better than God.

The mark of the beast is what we were talking about. Have you ever questioned this: why is it the forehead or the right hand? How come it can't be either hand? Upon reading the text again, you'll notice the Revelations are visions, and according to all other visions in the bible, they are not literal. So, with the initial question in mind, "Why the forehead or the right hand?". I am trying to answer this through Scripture and not through just words. Before I go into this, I'd like to point out that just as the Antichrist is going to place a mark on the foreheads and right hand, God is going to do the same thing by placing a mark on the forehead (Revelations 22:4, for example). So is there a literal mark of the beast and mark of God?

To gather some information on this topic, I decided to look up what a right hand is and a forehead. We all know Jesus sits on the Right Hand of God, so what is the right hand? Biblically speaking, the right hand represents a few things, such as work, power, and most importantly, Strength or Salvation. That makes sense, since Jesus is given the Strength/Power to conquer demons and save souls. God's Right Hand is known as Salvation and is cried for in the Scriptures. For example, the Right Hand being used as a source of power is found in Exodus 15:6. The forehead is a biblical representation of the mind. We can see this in Exodus also using 28:38 as a reference. I'd advise anyone who doubts this portion to just read in your bible all the usages of the right hand and the forehead.

When we take those two meanings, we can easily break the mystery of what the mark could mean. "The beast will plant a mark in your mind and into your work/power/strength/salvation". The mark itself seems to be the spirit of the Antichrist, or things against God. We're told by Jesus the greatest Command, the numero uno Command, is "Love God with all your mind, soul, and strength". This could fall into a ton of other bible prophecy that claims there will be many to turn their hearts, turn further away from God, and to call His ways "strange". (Verses will be provided if needed).

By accepting a spiritual mark, what would this mean? It makes sense to me to say that those who accept God's mark love him with all their mind, soul, and strength. By loving Him, you accept Him, put your trust in Him, and let Him guide you. If you truly trust someone, you'd probably want to fully obey His commands and stop with your iniquities. As Paul states, we may be under grace but that doesn't mean to continue to walk in sin. Sin is only identified by God's laws. How many of us judge according to things that the church tells us a sin rather than what God says is a sin? Back to accepting marks, I believe by accepting Satan's mark, we've decided to do things our way (which walking in the flesh is walking in sin), we've decided to take God out of our hearts and mind and replace Him with either nothing or something/someone else, even things we think to be holy and sanctified by our Lord.

As for a literal mark, who knows, it could be possible and I'm not throwing that out, but I think Satan has mixed his foot into our Scriptures too much (with confusion) and has probably planted seeds of false wisdom to some good intending people. I'm prepared for a literal mark, however, I can't help but wonder if this mark is much like some of the other misguided 'mistakes' of the church. Remember Satan is the "great deceiver" and I think to say he's a great one would be an understatement if he couldn't twist the Scripture to multitudes of good people and have them looking for something literal while not realizing our churches are becoming more and more slowly farther from God's Word to say that His "old stuff" is obsolete.
« Next Oldest | End Times | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0496 seconds | Archive