Photobucket

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Two Houses Unite. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

What About Homosexuality?, Brad Scott
dryvby
Posted: Jul 29 2009, 09:25 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

dryvby
Posted: Jul 29 2009, 09:25 AM

Administrator

Part 1

One of the most controversial and poignant topics of our time is the subject of homosexuality. One might erroneously conclude that this matter would be a divisive issue only between the religious and the secular, but this is not so. This question is not at all agreed upon in the 'Christian' community either. Denominational conventions are held every year in which our nations Christian leaders 'vote' on the inclusion or exclusion of 'gay' clergy. Perhaps you might think that this subject does not concern you, or that there is really nothing else to say; it is a sin, a no brainer, and let's move on. I would like to take the time to dig deeper into this issue and not simply declare it a sin and move to the next subject.

I would like to take the time to investigate a bigger picture of the abomination of homosexuality, mixing, the world, and Babylon. All of these have a theological and linguistic relationship. There are many who believe, based upon the events of Sodom and Gemorrah, that homosexuality is the catalyst for the wrath of 'Elohiym in the last days. While this might very well be true, it is only a symptom of an ancient disease.

Let me begin by prefacing my comments with a not so obvious scriptural truth that will lay some foundation. I have read many of the arguments put forth by so-called science. I have also perused many 'Christian' responses to some of these scientifically based suppositions. There is 'scientific' research that suggests that homosexuals are 'born' that way and that it is therefore genetic. Now, considering the fact that those who believe that statement are not at all interested in quotes from the scriptures, the average Bible student responds with scripture anyway. We respond with, "No! man is not born homosexual, God created man heterosexual. God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." How many times have I heard that one? It is funny, but it is not true, and the fact that it is not true is very important to the reason why YHVH declares a 'sodomite' an abomination. Man is not created homosexual OR heterosexual. Man was created male and female. Because of choosing to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he has as much a propensity to lie with his own gender as he would with the opposite gender. (For the purposes of avoiding constant repetition, can we assume the women here as well? Thank you.) The reason that YHVH has given man Torah is because, within Torah, there are rules for male and female behavior. This clearly teaches students of scripture that man can and does behave in any manner that he chooses, hence the reason for the rules. If man was truly BORN heterosexual, then why the need for instructions concerning who you should and should not lie with? The things we are BORN with are not a matter of choice. Our hair color, skin pigmentation, and facial features are an example. We cannot choose these things genetically, however we can altar, by choice, AFTER our birth, our hair color and facial features with cosmetics and surgery. Once you have chosen to change those things, you now have to maintain those conditions the rest of your life (just ask Michael Jackson!!).

It is important to see that those things in our lives that involve our behavior are the very things that the 'Father' has given us instructions (Torah) to guide us with. Torah is given to instill principles in His children for the purpose of producing righteous behavior, for we are all BORN with the seed of disobedience in us.

Romans 5:12,19
"Wherefore, as by one man, sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed upon all men, for all have sinned ... For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous."

We all, by nature, choose to eat from the tree that is in us. With this in mind, YHVH gives us instructions that direct us in what is right and wrong behavior. It is strange to me that because I choose to call homosexuality 'wrong behavior', that I am dubbed a homophobe. If I believed that theft was wrong, should I be called a kleptophobe? If I believed that the mass murder of a 'racial' group was wrong, should I not be called a genocidephobe? And how about those who are 'gay' who believe my attraction to my wife is wrong. Why are they not called heterophobes? Well, anyway, my point is that we are not born with an attraction to a particular gender. We are born with the ability to choose our behavior, and wrong behavior is determined by the Word of YHVH, period. With that in mind, here are a few examples of what the word of YHVH has to say on the subject. Then we will discuss some deeper and more prophetic aspects of this behavior.

B'reshith 19:4-7
"But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter. And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men who came in to thee this night? Bring them out unto us, that we may know them. And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him, And said, I pray you, brethern, do not so wickedly."

Vayikra 18:22
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is detestable."

D'varim 23:17-18
"There shall be no harlot of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel. Thou shalt not bring the hire of a harlot, or the price of a dog, into the house of YHVH thy 'Elohiym for any vow; for even these are detestable unto YHVH thy 'Elohiym."

M'lakhim Alef 14:24
"And there were sodomites in the land; and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which YHVH cast out before the children of Israel."

Romans 1:26-27
"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections; for even their women did exchange the natural use for that which is against nature; And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was fitting."

The use of the word 'natural' is a reference to the structure and design of the bodies of men and women and not a reference to genetics. A woman's structure is by design fitted perfectly for a man, and is therefore the natural use of the two genders. Genetics could not be, especially in those days, a matter of 'exchange'.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of 'Elohiym? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of 'Elohiym."

You may notice here that the general description of a sodomite is listed quite equally with idolaters and extortioners (i.e. religious folks who beg for larger contributions at Christmas time). There are many other not so blatant references to the sodomite practices, but these are the scriptures that are usually referred to when dealing with this issue. I have heard several arguments in defense of homosexuality concerning these words of 'Elohiym. The primary argument is that God is only speaking to heterosexual men in these verses and not homosexual men. In other words, to those who were 'born' homosexual, none of this behavior is against their 'nature'. So the commands are only a warning to men who were 'born' heterosexual, for this behavior would be against their nature. Kind of silly, huh? But this is how hasatan has always operated. The idea is to shift the paradigm into a wholly different debate. In advertising, it is called 'bait and switch'. It begins by introducing new terminology in the guise of summing up what the scriptures actually say. The whole 'trinity' issue got started that way, as well as the pretribulation rapture, Easter, the Eucharist, Sunday worship, and a host of other 'Christian' practices. So both sides of the issue end up defending terms and concepts that are not even in the scriptures, and this is precisely how the roots of our faith are left buried in the ground.

So, let's lay the homosexual/heterosexual issue aside for now and deal with the reality of the scriptural context and why YHVH calls this particular 'sin' detestable. We shall go to the beginning. The very first commandments given to man is in B'reshith 1:28:

"And 'Elohiym blessed them, and 'Elohiym said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Why would this be the first commandment? How about, "Thou shalt love Me!" or 'Hey guys, your first responsibility is to listen to Me." I think that would be the first thing I would say. But the first command is based upon the principle of the 'seed'. All things begin with the seed, defined by Yahshua in Mattityahu 13. This concept is imperative to grasp and is the main subject of our teaching series called 'The Mystery of the Kingdom'. The seed is the word, and this seed, placed within Adam and Chavah, is the seminal means by which all things are still in existence, both physical and spiritual. Mankind was to continue to eat the fruit of this seed (the tree of life) and live eternally in paradise. The very first lie, that mankind can set aside the commandments of God and still live, was the first attempt to exchange the ideal paradigm of eternal life to 'another' seed. That other seed (tree of the knowledge of good and evil), would be the new paradigm or 'model' by which all understanding and behavior would be measured. The true seed, the seed of the woman, was to be multiplied through and by mankind, for only the seed (the Word) can rule righteously. This is why the commandment of multiplying is bound up with dominion and ruling over the earth.

Now we know that the 'word' is from the beginning (Yochanan 1:1). The Word is spiritual and heavenly (Yochanan 6:63). The Messiah told Nicodemus how difficult it was to teach him heavenly things, if he would not trust (obey) the earthly things. The seed (the Word of God) was designed, from the beginning, to be multiplied through men. Stop the earthly seed and you stop the heavenly seed. This is the reason for the age old lie in the beginning, for it is the Word of 'Elohiym that sustains physical life. This is why hasatan is a MURDERER, from the beginning.

Yochanan 10:10
"The thief cometh not but to steal, and to KILL, and to DESTROY; I am come that they might have LIFE, and that they might have it more abundantly."

The righteous seed is passed down from one generation of faith to another. This can be clearly traced through scripture. This is why only in Yitz'chak (Isaac) shall thy SEED be called. The ultimate object of hasatan's plan is to stop the manifestation of the seed, the Messiah, knowing that the Messiah will come through the physical seed of mankind. The Messiah, however, MUST be the manifestation of BOTH SEEDS. The seed of man, AND the WORD. Hasatan's plan? Destroy the seed.

Next time we will take this context into the 'sodomites' and Babylon in order to see the relationship between this detestable act and modern 'religious' doctrines and traditions.

Shalom Alecheim!
dryvby
Posted: Jul 29 2009, 09:26 AM

Administrator

Part 2

It is my contention that lying with a man, a woman, or any other creature is a matter of choice. This is established by the commandment in Torah for a man to refrain from lying with a man, for it is detestable. This is what the scriptures teach, and is the basis for Torah. For man since Adam, by nature, does what is right in his own eyes and will always settle quite comfortably in his own ways. It will also be my contention in this article that the whole 'gay' issue is only one symtom of an entire culture (Sodom, Babylon) which has 'separated' itself from YHVH. This will be the pattern of the pagan nations throughout history, and will be the eventual fate of a faithless Israel as well.

The source of a scriptural comprehension of homosexuality does not come from this word, but rather stems from the behavior of the men of Sodom in B'reshith chapter 19. Two major biblical cities, Sodom and Babylon, will be the foundation and pattern for all wicked and destestable behavior. Before the story of Lot and his wife, we are told in B'reshith 13 that there is strife between Avraham and his nephew Lot. Both were wealthy and renowned men. We are told that the decision to separate is based upon contention between the herdsmen of Lot and the herdsmen of Avraham. Apparantly Lot chooses to leave the land that YHVH had called faithful Avraham to, and dwell in Sodom and Gomorrah.

B'reshith 13:10-13
"And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered everywhere, before YHVH destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of YHVH, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar. Then Lot CHOSE him all the plain of Jordan; and Lot journeyed east: and they SEPARATED themselves the one from the other. Avram dwelt in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelt in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom. But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before YHVH exceedingly."

One cannot help but notice that Lot chose this place himself. Lot apparantly acclimates himself very well to the city as we are told in B'reshith 19:1 that he 'sat at the gate' of Sodom. This is an indication that he was well respected and most likely one of the cities 'elders'. As we read the account of the men who desire to 'know' Lot's two guests, I think it is appropriate to pause and take some common sense into account. Is it historically logical that a good portion of the population of this city suddenly, one day, woke up to find themselves sexually interested in their own genders? Or would it be reasonable to conclude that perhaps this kind of behavior is part of a process of moral decay? Could this story be the prototype for all civilizations that choose to live their lives their own way?

I am going to propose that Lot represents the professed people of YHVH who 'move away' from Torah and choose to live their lives based upon what seems to be right in their own eyes. They become part of a social system and culture that, while still professing the Creator as 'God', have no standard of measurement by which to discern what is ultimately right or wrong, good or evil. And that after time this kind of theology soon becomes the standard for the philosophy of the entire society, and eventually becomes tolerated, though not altogether accepted behavior. Lot, having left behind his Creator's commandments to 'dwell' elsewhere, has no foundation for moral judgment. He realizes, based upon the seat of his pants (the knowledge of good and evil), that the desires of the men of Sodom are not good, so he skirts around the matter by offering his daughters instead. A man of God would have defended his guests AND his daughters. A man of God would have searched for a sword to drive through each man standing outside his door. It is my opinion that the man who was supposed to be a 'light' in a dark place, did not know up from down. It is also my opinion that the several references in scripture to Sodom and the sodomites is pointing out the depravity of an entire culture and not just homosexuals.

It is interesting to note that the Hebrew behind the word Sodom is not the same word as the word for sodomite. The name of the city itself and it's meaning is covered in our 'Word of the Week' section of our website. It might behoove you to read the short background of the word Sodom from which we get our word 'sodium'. The word 'sodomite' however is entirely different, and is probably a word used only to describe the inhabitants of Sodom. The word for sodomite is kadesh! Does that word look familiar? It should, for many times we as children of YHVH call upon the ruach haKODESH. It is the Hebrew word translated as 'holy' or 'sanctified' in our English bibles. However, the word simply means 'to separate', and can be understood as separation from the 'world' unto YHVH or to separate yourself FROM YHVH.

So, with this background in mind, let's talk about the commandment concerning lying with one's own gender.

Vayikra 18:19-23
"Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness. Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbor's wife, to defile thyself with her. And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy 'Elohiym: I am YHVH. Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is detestable. Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith; neither shall any WOMAN stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion."

The first part of this commandment is in our face and the context is clear. These words are spoken to the man, as this is made clear by reading the three verses before it and the verse following it. In the King James Version, the word 'abominable' is used here. The Hebrew word behind this is not the usual word translated as abominable. This entire chapter lists the instructions of YHVH concerning unlawful sexual relationships. The commandment concerning man lying with man as he does a woman is the only one that has the word 'destestable' attached to it. The word used here is tevel. This word shares as it's root several other words that are all directly associated with the traditions, teachings, and behavior of the Gentiles or nations. The words to mix, to mingle, world, confusion, Babylon, and detestable all share the Hebrew root balal. The word balal means to mix, and is the foundation for all those other words. They all share a common meaning. That is the basis for hasatan's plan to destroy the 'seed'. This is expressed in numerous ways throughout scripture, not the least of which is D'varim 22:9:

"Thou shalt not sow thy vineyard with various seeds, lest the fruit of thy seed which thou hast sown, and the fruit of thy vineyard, be defiled."

What YHVH is saying here is that when you mix diverse seeds, then the fruit of BOTH become defiled, i.e. bad company corrupts good morals. The word balal is used quite extensively in the story of the tower of Babel in B'reshith chapter 11. The scriptures concerning the 'last days' refer to Sodom and Babylon many times. It is my contention that the pervasive presence of lying with ones own gender as a distinctive sign of the end, is only the tail end of a slippery slide into moral decay. Lot represents the impotent presence of a 'Torahless' religion in the midst of a declining nation, with homosexuality being the demonstrative expression of the enemy's attempt to destroy the seed of the woman. Next time we will continue to explore Sodom, Babylon, and homosexuality.

Shalom Alecheim!

For more on the word: Sodom
dryvby
Posted: Jul 29 2009, 09:27 AM

Administrator

Part 3

So far, we have been researching some of the background for the origins of men lying with men. In Part 1, I listed the crucial scriptures dealing with this subject. There is plenty of teaching out there concerning the obvious and sometimes not so obvious ramifications of homosexuality. That is not the purpose of this teaching. The social symptom of same sex attraction has it's own roots. These roots go back to the sodomites, Babylon, and mixing, which are the sources of this behavior. Homosexuality is a natural consequence of any society that chooses to rule itself democratically or outside the knowledge of it's creator.

The 'world' is always depicted scripturally as operating outside of Torah. The 'city' that pictures this mixture of God's ways with other cultures is Babylon. This is why things that are detestable, mixed, confused, or otherwise worldy are all the same Hebrew root as Babylon. Babylon represents a mixed cup of philosophies and theologies. When taking the time to peruse all the scriptures concerning Babylon, you will see that it is the 'behavior' of this city that identifies it. It is no coincidence that any culture that is confused and fuzzy about what is right and wrong, would also eventually be uncertain about it's 'sexual orientation'. And when a nations leading 'religious' organizations have this issue on their agenda every year, something is terribly wrong. If you remember in our story of Lot, he separated himself from Avraham who chose to keep Torah.

B'reshith 26:5
"Because that Avraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws."

Is there anyone reading this lesson, who desires to follow Torah, that is having problems maintaining fellowship with those who don't?

Lot and the city he chose to dwell in are patterns of all that is worldy, confused, and detestable. Lot, who was a shadow of a 'religious' presence, knew that the men of Sodom were desiring that which was evil, but had no clue as to how to deal with it. Today, there are thousands upon thousands of Lots sitting 'at the gate'. The same 'religious' folks who have theologically removed the commandments of God from our pulpits, are the same ones who are now sending me petitions every week to help them condemn the results of a Torahless society which THEY have created. Return Torah to the pulpits, my friends, and put the WORD back into the Messiah.

I have found that it is part of our human base nature to choose a few unpopular 'sins' and highlight them in our pulpits and our media. Homosexuality is a demonstrative example of social confusion and uncertainty. But it is only one vice in a society that claims through polling to be always somewhere between 80 and 95 percent Christian. The logical question should be, "If our nation is 90% Christian, then why is our culture in moral depravity?" I see only two answers to that question. Either the polls are not true, and the 'pollees' are not telling the truth, OR, our Christian citizens, following the lead of our Christian leaders, have little or no concept of what is ultimately right or wrong, and have become food to the beasts of the field. And I declare unto anyone that will listen, that YHVH will not hold the new age movement, the new world order, satanists, Democrats, or Hollywood accountable for this lawless culture, but rather shepherds who did not feed the flock.

Yechezk'el 34:7-10
"Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of YHVH. As I live, saith YHVH 'Elohiym, surely, because my flock became a prey, and my flock became food to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock. Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of YHVH. Thus saith YHVH 'Elohiym: Behold I am against the shepherds, and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock, neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be food for them."

Homosexuality is not the problem. A lawless culture is the problem, and those who are supposed to be a light to the nations, are instead a dark cavern of Sunday morning sermons and empty cliches. The whole 'gay' issue is detestable in the eyes of God. But, even more so is the lawless theology that has always produced it. The confusing issues we face today began at the house of God, and the judgment to follow will begin there, too. Yes, homosexuality is a sin, and it is wrong for a thousand reasons, but it is an 'in your face' result of the fundamental base nature of man. From the beginning, man believed he could set aside the commandments of a holy God and still live. This is the Adamic nature passed down from one generation to the next. The gay issue is no less a detestable thing in the eyes of God than teaching anyone to break even the least of the commandments. Pray for those who are trapped in this lifestyle, but pray even more fervently for the shepherds who have led the flock astray.

Shalom Alecheim!
« Next Oldest | Off-Topic (Biblical) | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1929 seconds | Archive