NEWS FLASH Advertise for new members and let us know of any ideas you have to entice new people in. Tell a Friend

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Grim Blades. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

House Wars Discussion Thread
markuskus
Posted: Apr 25 2010, 07:35 AM

Sometimes... I dream of cheese...

Group: Grimblades Member
Member No.: 213

During the Oblivion crisis, Cyrodiil wasn't the only Province attacked. In fact, it could be said to had gotten off rather lightly, due to the Champion of Cyrodiil. Every other province, Hammerfell, Skyrim, even the land of Akavir was attacked by Mehrunes Dagon.

In Morrowind, however, specifically the continent of Vvardenfell, things were chaos.

At about the same time as the Oblivion attack of Kvatch, an Oblivion Gate opened outside Ald'Ruhn, threatening to destroy the Redoran Council seat. The Redoran warriors and guards attacked and tried to drive back the Daedra swarms, but to little avail. They did, however, succeed in closing one Oblivion Gate, but another opened after it.

In desperation they called for the Telvanni. In under an hour around fifty Telvanni mages had teleported into the Redoran Council house, and soon each mage was channeling magic into the great Emperor Crab. It didn't take long for the Crab to be revived, and even less time for it to enter the great gate which had opened and destroy the Gate from the inside out.

However, despite this victory the price was high. At least thirty Telvanni Mages had given themselves completely to the Crab, imbuing it with their life as well as magicka. Then there was the substantial loss that Redoran had received. Around sixty had perished in the short battle.

Redoran quickly started building it's armies, equipping ordinary citizens with weapons and armour and training them how to fight. They also kept the Crab, much to the Telvanni's anger, to defend Ald'Ruhn if they were ever attacked again.

Hlaalu refused to believe any rumors or pleas of Oblivion Gates. They had not been attacks, and so refused to acknowledge it. Hlaalu was more worried about the Emperor Crab and the fact Redoran was building an army. House Hlaalu declared war on Redoran and Telvanni, feeling that they would soon declare on it.

In response, Redoran declared war on Hlaalu for not helping during the Ald'Ruhn Crisis.

Telvanni, which had become even more reclusive, decided enough was enough. They declared war on Hlaalu for daring the declare war on them, and then on Redoran for stealing their Crab AND for dragging them into this mess.

House Indoril and House Dres became neutral, and Indoril opened Vivec as a neutral city. If any fighting occurred in Vivec, then Ordinaters would hunt the culprit and kill him/her.

The Imperial Guilds were trying to stay out of it, though the Fighters Guild would on occasion help Redoran, while the Mages Guild would do whatever it could to destroy Telvanni. The Thieves Guild stayed neutral, but it has been said they are slowly moving back to Cyrodiil.

The Morag Tong is the only faction that seems to have benefited from the war, as each faction is paying incredible amounts to have other factions leaders assassinated.

--------------

OK, in this we'll play a person in a faction, though I'd prefer if you were one of the three Great Houses in the war. That said if you want to be Mages guild etc, by all means.

Just give me a character sheet or a opening post and we'll start.

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it. ~ Robert E. Lee

I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. ~ Albert Einstein

user posted image

Doesn't matter *sigh*
on another note,
drive the n'wah out of Morrowind !
markuskus
Posted: Apr 27 2010, 09:25 AM

Will no one join this :(

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it. ~ Robert E. Lee

I know not with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. ~ Albert Einstein

user posted image

Doesn't matter *sigh*
on another note,
eege
Posted: Apr 27 2010, 02:30 PM

The Lone Grimblade

Group: Order of the Shield
Member No.: 232

I will, just wait for me to stop being lazy.

--------------------
The fortress burns
Broken my heart
I leave this world
All Gods are gone
markuskus
Posted: Apr 28 2010, 03:34 AM

STOP BEING LAZY NOW! :lol:

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Doesn't matter *sigh*
on another note,
eege
Posted: Apr 28 2010, 04:49 AM

The Lone Grimblade

Group: Order of the Shield
Member No.: 232

Nah...

--------------------
The fortress burns
Broken my heart
I leave this world
All Gods are gone
markuskus
Posted: Apr 28 2010, 08:43 AM

Please?

--------------------
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Doesn't matter *sigh*
on another note,
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1465 seconds | Archive
Skin Oronica designed by RyuIxion of WiredGFX
^^ Back to Top ^^