InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Endless Horizon. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Endless Horizon banner

Black Sheep
Chaka
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 01:48 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 129

Darkness had fallen on the small village of Fuschia hours ago, not even the moon shined this night as its soft grey glow had been concealed by black clouds that were now looming over the island. With them these clouds had brought an unwelcome visitor: a storm. Torrents of rain raced from the heavens, ruthlessly targeting the island and its surrounding seas, making streets into rivers and ground marshes. It seemed as if all the island’s inhabitants had wisely decided to retire from the night’s harsh weather as the quiet town now seemed quite dead other than the tapping rhythm of rain along with an occasional thunderclap. Usually the silence of Fuschia was a peaceful and comforting thing but now it was more eerie than serene.

This stillness was interrupted by the splash of thick mud being sprayed from the ground as Damion walked idly through the town, each stride causing another disturbance in the night. He was soaked to the skin and had trouble suppressing the shivers that caused his teeth to rattle against each other as cold ran up his spine. Cursing the wind and rain the young man rested his hands in the pockets of his pants before turning onto a street that seemed to be a busy marketplace during the day. At the moment only one place had its lights on; Damion looked up to see a wooden sign that read ‘The Blue Moon Pub’, obviously the place wasn’t exactly classy but Damion was more comfortable in this type of place than somewhere that was more high end. He approached it, opened the door, and walked right in. Those who weren’t distracted glanced up for a second before disregarding him as one of the travelers they got so few of.

As he took his seat the bartender eyed the pirate, “You got the beli to pay?” A gravelly voice said, with a tone of hesitant suspicion. Glancing up Damion saw a man wiping glasses with a white cloth. He was middle-aged, his face beginning to get definite lines and his hairline receding. The adventurer grinned to himself at the question, he got asked that all too often and he could fully understand why as he imagined what he must look like. Pulling a few beli from his pocket Damion tossed the money onto the counter, “It’s all right here; you can count it out if you want.” In response the man simply took the payment and questioned no further. Taking this as a sign that he didn’t care anymore Damion ordered a drink, attempting to dry off as he waited.
TheAngryScientist
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 08:07 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 33

Jackie walked through the streets and forced a small smile that lasted a few seconds, rain had always lifted his spirits a bit and speaking of spirits...he turned and walked into a nearby bar. The people in the bar turned to look at the man completely covered by a now drenched cloak but Jackie was used to people doing by now. He walked over to the barkeep and threw some money on the counter. "just a beer please." he took his drink and sat down, the powerful stench of death was following him again, which caused a few patrons to run outside for some fresh air. Jackie sighed and downed his beer, making sure that he wasn't starting to fall apart, the barkeep gave him a new beer and Jackie sighed again. "great day so far..."
Chaka
Posted: May 6 2012, 09:57 PM

This pirate had been to many bars over the course of his past misadventures, but the Blue Moon Pub was one of the most ramshackle old buildings he had had the pleasure of visiting. With its formerly white walls that had been painted a crude yellow after years of exposure to tar and the thick veil of smoke that filled this place with the strong perfume of cigarettes this dim bar wasn’t the nicest. As Damion waited, leaning against the wall with his hands behind his head he had nothing better to do than listen to the two men performing with a fiddle and a harmonica, which was disturbed by the idle chatter of the tavern’s patrons. Still such a wretched little place had become perhaps one of the most popular businesses in Fuschia, it was here that the louts and peasants came to forget their hopelessly trivial lives and just had a good time.

Damion was interrupted in his thoughts by the sudden creaking of a door and the chilly, damp air that followed. Looking back he saw the silhouette of a cloaked man come into focus as he appeared under the light in the center of the room. When the cloaked man walked by the other caught a whiff of an odd and rather unpleasant smell, the sort of stench that came from a corpse that had been lying in the sun for a week; he only knew this smell thanks to one occurrence when he had come upon a small rowboat and found a dead body there after boarding it, later finding out that it was a captive pirate escaping from a small trio of mercenaries who Damion later had to fight off, but that was a whole other story. The door soon opened again when a few of the more squeamish men rushed out, preferring the storm over the guy who smelled like a rotting corpse. Though rather than being afraid or repulsed by this mysterious figure Damion was more curious, why would someone smell so strongly of death? Perhaps he was just a common gravedigger but the adventurer often found his mind coming up with the most outrageous thoughts, and naturally it automatically said in its most absurd way that this man was a zombie raised from the dead, after all, why else would he be covering his whole body? But even if he was a zombie the guy didn’t seem that bad, all he had done so far was order a beer and smell really bad, and Damion had heard of stranger things than nice zombies, but still part of him imagined a bunch of people getting turned into zombies and he would be the great hero of the island and the world by destroying the monsters and stopping the impending doom of all mankind.

It seemed as if tonight was pretty busy because for the third time since he had been Damion heard a squeak as the door opened to let in yet another group. Shifting his attention from the potential zombie to this new group of visitors the young man heard the other customers muttering something about ‘mountain bandits’, some in contempt and others with uneasy voices. These bandits paid no mind to the chatter triggered by their appearance and dispersed themselves among the bar. Then he laid his eyes on here. From across the room Damion could see a pretty little thing, currently unaware of him though he surely was fully aware of her. He ran his gaze over her from head to toe, not even trying to hide the fact that he was watching the lady. She was a petit beauty with olive skin and sleek black hair that fell down to her shoulders, draping around a narrow face with clever brown eyes. By the looks of it she was about Damion’s own age, give or take a few years but that was no matter to him. His eyes were spurred to draw away from her when he heard the sound of a heavy glass thudding against the wooden table as the man received his drink. It was a dark ale, practically black, and taking a drink from it found it was not as bad as he had expected. Damion peered over the glass as this woman walked across the room she passed by her admirer, and he showed no hesitation in courting her.Setting the drink down the man turned in his seat, “Miss, you don’t seem to have a seat, how about you sit right here, I’ll buy you a drink if you want.” At this she simply got a crafty smirk on her face, which charmed this young man even more.

Swiping Damion’s ale while he was distracted she took a swig from it, “Boy, if I needed someone to take care of me I’m sure I would have chosen someone better than you.” She retorted, setting the drink back down forcefully, “And that big guy over there isn’t going to be too fond of you looking at me like that, ever since I joined his little band of he’s had a little crush on me.” Following the lady’s gesture Damion caught the sight of a tall, wild looking man of slight muscle with dark hair and beard. He was sitting by an unruly group, most of them looking pretty sloshed at the moment. Hard to believe he was this woman’s little lover. Damion watched them for a few moments before the man she had mentioned seemed to take notice and turned his head to look at him. The bandit furrowed his thick eyebrows critically and was only answered with by a grin from Damion before he turned back to the woman, “The one who looks like someone shoved a stick up his ass? Nonsense, I’m sure the two of us can become best friends.” The woman seemed slightly amused by this sarcastic comment, and even more so when her ‘crush’ stood up and sauntered over, laying an arm on the woman’s shoulder.

“Vanessa, I was wondering if you would want to sit by us, there’s an open chair by me and Frank. Who’s this?” Damion was about to answer his last question before Vanessa cut him off as he opened his mouth, “Only if he doesn’t try to get me into his bed again. This is…Actually I don’t really know his name.” “Damion,” “Yeah, that. He was going to challenge you to a fight over me.” She said with that devilish grin, but the mountain bandit looked more pissed off than anything and Damion sat there looking confused, “Wait..What? I never said a-“ Yet again the man was interrupted before he could explain himself, “So, you want to fight me, huh? Well get up and fight like a man then, punk.” The thief roared, Damion figured there was no getting through to him now, he got out of his seat and stood up, looking up at the man who was a full foot taller than him as he grabbed the two sickles in each hand, the chain dangling between them. “Good luck,” He heard Vanessa murmur in his ear, and with a wink she flitted away before the action started. That bitch, I wasn’t planning on a fight today With that thought Damion jumped out of the way of the man’s sword and struck him from the side with the sickle, he took the hit but that only seemed to make him angry. The combatants were vaguely aware of those watching them, cheering them on or booing while some made bets. His opponent charged at him, swinging his sabre in a wide arc, dropping to the ground to avoid the hit Damion spun himself on the ground with his hands and swung his legs under the man, tripping the bandit the pirate rolled out of the way as he fell over. Damion cut an X across his back before finally taking a blow as the other fighter rolled onto his back and cut his opponent across the chest. Standing again the mountain bandit charged at Damion vigorously, stabbing and slashing this way and that, Damion was too busy blocking and dodging to focus on taking the offensive. He received a few nicks but no serious wounds. Soon he was backed up against a table, though when the other man tried a lunging stab his blade buried itself in wood rather than a body; Damion had slid under the table and pushed it up on its side to use as an oversized shield.
TheAngryScientist
Posted: May 9 2012, 05:05 PM

Advanced Member

Jackie took a drink of his next beer and heard a fight start behind him. He wasn't that surprised really, drunken idiots get into fights often so Jackie paid them no attention unlike the rest of the bar patrons who had started forming a type of audience. There were several near him yelling very loud which was making it very difficult for him to have a drink in peace, then one of them jumped backwards to avoid being by one of the combatants and accidentally elbowed Jackie in the back of the head causing his head to slam against the table. He quickly got up, grabbed the person by the shoulder and yelled at him. "Can't you let a man drink in peace!" the man turned to reply but gave a horrified look instead. Jackie had seen this face many times, it was his curse, he felt a breeze inside his eye socket and then  looked back at the table to see his eyeball laying in a small pile of slightly rotten flesh. "What the hell kind of freak are you?!" Jackie was beyond irritated at this point, he turned around and kicked the man towards the fighting area. He fixed his hood so it would hide his face but a very faint red glow came from inside of it. "I've had enough of being called that..." he walked up to the man to punch him in the face, however he actually left very small claw like marks across the mans face as well as the punch. Jackie's hand was missing flesh now and for those who saw it they would see that the fingers on that hand were more like claws. He glares over at the other fight. "this is your fault!"
Chaka
Posted: May 16 2012, 11:08 PM

The bandit had already wrapped his hands around his sword’s hilt to pull it out of the wood but Damion had other ideas. He jumped out from behind the table and its side, kicking it back down to its original position and quickly leaped onto the top of it after it had slammed onto the rickety timber floors of the bar. In the process the one trying to withdraw his blade had unexpectantly been flung against the table and had his breath knocked out of his lungs. A grunt of pain escaped from Damion’s opponent as the young captain pulled out the others own sword and pointed it at his chest. “I didn’t want that girl of yours anyway…Ok maybe that’s a lie, I did until she made you fight me. Either way, let’s just call this truce, maybe?” Damion said, exasperated and hoping that this man wasn’t too stubborn or prideful to accept this fact. Apparently he was as in response Damion got a hard kick straight in his gut with enough force to send him sliding off the table and with a thud hit his head against a wall. For a moment the man was out of breath but it seemed his opponent was also taking a brief breather. In this short-lived calm however the pirate sensed something was wrong; he hadn’t been paying much attention to the crowds shouts but now they had transformed from cheering and egging them on aggressively to angry accusations and even slightly fearful, not only that but their words were strange. Barks of monster and freak could be heard more and more frequently as the bar patrons took notice of Jackie. Damion watched in curiosity, it was that same cloaked guy who smelled of death and he had thought was a zombie.

The mountain bandit had taken notice of this strange man also and had seemed to forget his feud with Damion and approached Jackie, sword back in his possession. “What the hell kind of freak are you, huh? You aren’t even human, just some abomination that should be killed! I can take care of that for ya’.” With a grin the bandit brandished his sword before the so-called abomination’s neck to the many urging yells of the mob. At this Damion found himself disgusted, he had seen plenty of strange things and learned not all of them were dangerous; Those ignorant bastards. All they do when they see something they can’t understand is blindly assume it’s dangerous and decide to hate or fear it. All that does is lead to this…Killing someone who doesn’t deserve it, that ‘monster’ is probably better than the whole lot of them he thought as he looked upon the scene. Though he was doubtful that these drunken fools would listen to sense if they were close-minded enough to be ready to kill this guy right here and right now, there was only one way to deal with this. Damion charged at the man from behind and before he could turn around whacked him over the head with the handle of his sickle, a blunt blow but there was enough force behind it for the man to crumple to the ground, he’d probably be out for a short bit. This obviously riled the crowd as they began shouting at Damion now, before they all decided to charge at him he turned his head to Jackie, “Hey, I don’t know what’s up with them but my advice is get out of here while you still can!” he shouted, he caught a glimpse of the eyes on the table, “Uhm…These are yours I take it..!” It was an obvious comment but not right now he had other things to worry about, now the group was rallying and a dozen of them were running at him, some with weapons but most without, and all of them looked drunk.

All he had to do was hold them off for a bit, it wouldn’t be necessary to kill or knock any of them out, he simply kept them from going after Jackie as he blocked blows and drove them back when necessary. A hail of fists came flying at him from all angles but Damion was quicker than these men, he crossed both sickles before his upper body before throwing one outwards under the feet of his opponents and sweeping it just a few inches above the ground, tripping a few of them with the chain. With the other scythe he yanked toward himself, tugging the other one back to him and catching it in his free left hand. There was a smug grin on the red-haired man’s face as he watched some of the fighters scramble away from the brawl, “What, all of you not used to a real fight?! I haven’t even got started yet!” Taunting only seemed to irritate them more though as those who had been lying on the ground rallied themselves to stand again, after getting to his feet one man’s voice rang clear above all the other racket, “EVERYONE! GET THAT MONSTER-SUMMONING SON OF A BITCH!” With that everyone agreed as soon all the customers of the small Blue Moon Pub were running at this monster-summoning son of a bitch all at once. “Fuck.” Damion muttered as he watched the roaring men advance. It really wasn’t necessary to fight them much longer; he had given Jackie enough time to get out. When he was surrounded he ducked under the horde and as quick as possible slipped out the door.
TheAngryScientist
Posted: May 29 2012, 08:09 PM

Advanced Member

Jackie glared at the man throwing names at him, he may be right about it but he was still a person more or less. The bandit started to attack but his attempt was thwarted by the person he was originally fighting with, who then told Jackie to leave while he could. Jackie backed away from the crowd but didn't leave just yet, this person had helped him, why? Jackie was curious about him now and decided to watch for a bit. The one helping him seemed to be quite a capable fighter and Jackie took a bit of humour from the mans taunting until one of the others called him a monster, the other insults before didn't make him too much happier either but he had enough of this right now. "I'm....NOT A MONSTER!" he yelled but his body would betray his words as flesh started to drip from underneath his cloak. Jackie hadn't noticed Damion escape and was a bit more concentrated on the men who thought of as a monster, he started to charge at them and as he did his hood was blown off to reveal a human skull with next to no flesh covering it, a faint red glow being the only thing occupying the empty eye sockets. "I'll make you regret insulting me!" in truth Jackie did think of himself as a type of monster but he didn't like others calling him that either, perhaps this person who defended him might end up as a friend , something Jackie hadn't had in a long time and that was something worth defending. Jackie began draging his claws across the people attacking until one got a hit in. Jackie looked down to see a blade sticking into his chest, the one holding it grinned. "gotcha now freak!" Jackie's head lowered and the man believed he was victorious, but before he managed to take back his blade he felt a grip on his shoulder, he looked and found a skeletal hand. "Nice try..." Jackie coughed up a bit of blood but not having much of a neck left made most of it spray out at the man. "what the!" Jackie grabbed the blade to prevent him from moving it too much and then began moving towards him until the hilt touched his chest. At this point a fair amount of people were either shocked, disgusted or frightened by watching this. "This curse won't let me die" he whispered into the mans ear before driving his claws into his chest. Jackie looked at the other and noticed the one who had helped left already so he kicked the man off and chased after him, leaving the blade in for now. 
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Topic Options

Hybridized created by Adam. Find more skins at InkDrop Styles.
Back to Top ^^^

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1148 seconds | Archive