zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The Endless Horizon. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Endless Horizon banner

Site Skin
~*sprite*of*spring*~
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 03:37 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

The past few days have been troublesome in terms of the site's skin. It started when one new member explained he was having trouble seeing the site on his computer. Then I began to hear that more from others, so we looked into changing it.

The second skin we chose, while it received more yays than nays (though it did receive some nays), had a big problem with it. The text coloring, while normal on the ordinary page view, would change colors to a gray that nearly matched the skin background color in the response sections. I compared it to another computer to make sure it wasn't just my monitor, and it wasn't, it was nearly impossible to read.

We changed it again to *this* skin, just for a *temp* fix, because we assumed that people would care more about their ability to read other posts than aesthetics. Apparently I was wrong; save for one person all I've gotten was comments about how ugly and terrible this skin is and "what have I done to the site" and all that, when really I was just trying to make it so everyone could read while I went through my mid-semester essay time.

So I wash my hands clean of this skin business and I'll let you all handle it. What skin do you all want put into the site? (bear in mind, I don't know if I can find the original, and even if I did, you fans of it have to remember that some computer screens weren't letting other people read the text either...and for an rp site, that is kind of important).

You all link a skin you like in here and you can choose. When you agree on one, I'll put it in. Unless there's another problem with it, especially a reading problem, or it's just truly awful (though I'm sure if it is, you all will be able to see that as soon as I put it in) we'll just keep that one and then be done with the mess. So you all find a skin and I'll put it in. But until that's found I'm not going to go on another two hour skin hunt where I have to decode all the HTML to put everything back as it was and keep things balanced.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hybridized created by Adam. Find more skins at InkDrop Styles.
Back to Top ^^^

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0933 seconds | Archive