New Template

Photobucket

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Dawn Patrol. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

The Scarlet Letter, A blog of my thoughts
Scarlet Scorpion
Posted: Aug 23 2011, 09:31 PM

Forums Guru

Group: Board Manager
Member No.: 59

This thread is devoted to things about my favorite toon - the Scarlet Scorpion. Although I have a few other characters, I have devoted a considerable amount of time playing, RPing and designing this character. There are no plans to retire her at all. In fact, as mentioned elsewhere, there are other incarnations of her as alts.

On same toon alts and DP: I have not entered them in DP for a several reasons.
1) DP does not need extra prestige, so her alternates do not need to be in DP for that reason.

2) I enter the DP channel on every toon. It is my hope that when people log on they say hey 'hey' in the channel to let me know they are online while RPing their status in the SG channel. Doing that gives me a chance to jump onto my main in DP if desired or needed.

3) THE NAME - if I could create 10 characters with the same name I would. But I can't and I don't want several versions of the same toon with different names in DP (others do this and that's ok for them, it's not my bag).

4) Her rank - There can only be one with the FC rank. Maybe this is a minor point but it is married to the name thing. The highest rank she could have is 'Leftenant'. But if I packed her alts into DP and got them elevated to LT, then there would be a lot of chiefs on the roster. AND I couldn't realistically play all of them at that rank level. So why not keep some at 'Patroller' rank? ... well ... it's Scarlet. Yeah, not my bag.

This post is just an fyi. I have more to say. Watch this space! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
user posted image
There are two wolves fighting within someone's heart, one is called Love, the other Hate.
The one that wins is the one that you feed.

Exalted Hero story blog

CoH Global: @Proust
Dawn Patrol Character:
Scarlet Scorpion
Other toons:
Proust, Grand Battler, Scarlet Shiva, Nyxen, Impactress
Scarlet Scorpion
Posted: Aug 31 2011, 02:21 AM

Forums Guru

So I finally ... finally ... got the Portable Workbench woot.gif It's a bit ironic that I had to craft the hell out of a bunch of IO's in order to have the capability to make IOs wherever I want ... now that I really don;t need to make IOs for myself dry.gif

At the same time, this little adventure netted a lot of badges thumbsup.gif AND I was able to work on this in between other things. BUT ... now what?

I've also finally settled on her off-duty uniform too. I need to get a pic or two of it set up.

I still have Oroborus missions to complete, but as a Sonic/Sonic Defender ... those missions are getting longer and longer. I have a plan I grabbed off the web, but it requires running a specific story arc over and over and over each level set. Talk about BORING too. Still, I need the badges. If I could get her Incarnate, would that help?

Hmm. Maybe I could work on getting her Incarnate? The missions are supposed to take 15-30 minutes and soloable by any AT. Is that true?

I have a couple of options listed here. Focus will help keep her active.

Then there is board RP. More on that later.

--------------------
user posted image
There are two wolves fighting within someone's heart, one is called Love, the other Hate.

Exalted Hero story blog

Dawn Patrol Character:
Scarlet Scorpion
Other toons:
Adamant Chevalier
Posted: Sep 2 2011, 02:01 PM

Advanced Patroller

Group: Leftenants
Member No.: 137

I'm trying to remember when I did my Incarnate Arc with my Sonic/Sonic and if I needed help or not. Some of my characters I needed an extra person, others I was able to solo.

The Incarnate Arc is fairly short and it unlock your Alpha slot, after that you can get Shards to make Alpha powers. The nice thing is, at this point, almost everything drops shards now. When it first stated out it was just level 50 stuff.

Here's the thing about the Incarnate Arc though. It's very hard to solo.

First mission is easy and fun to do, no worries.

The next big mission has a tougher boss fight, if you can knock him into the lava that will help a lot.

The third mission is the toughest and is most often where I need the most help. Basically you have to take on two EBs, although it's possible to only pull one away from the other. However both EBs are fairly tough, the hit hard and don't play nice.

The last mission has an EB but it's a regular EB not a scaled-down AV like the two in the previous mission.

When are you usually on?

--------------------
user posted image

CoH Global: @Raithnor

Dawn Patrol Character:
Adamant Chevalier
Twilight Consortium Character:
Kreiglord Pyroshock
icig
Posted: Sep 2 2011, 02:32 PM

Lily Blue

Member No.: 241

You can count on me for help if I am on. Just give me a shout. I was able to solo it with Lily but I did already have my final build for her done at the time.

Also I know what you mean about the portable workbench. I have all of the prereq. for it except the 1000 Io's made. I think I still have another 160 or so to go.

--------------------
@icecigal
Dawn Patrol characters:

Lily Blue
Chambray

user posted image
Captain Wonder Star
Posted: Sep 2 2011, 05:49 PM

Enrico

Group: Patrollers
Member No.: 171

I could help you too, I did help Panda with her incarnate missions, and I have a pretty flexible time. Saturday I will be free all day.

--------------------
user posted image
Drive Train
Posted: Sep 2 2011, 06:38 PM

The Bionic Mu

Member No.: 242

Same here, I'd be happy to help with Incarnate missions. I'll be free this evening and some of the day tomorrow. I was able to solo the missions with the two characters I've brought through the arc; I'll say my KM/Elec Brute was hella easier than my Fire/Dark Corruptor. I think I died 8 or 9 times with her. Good times. dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image
CoH Global: @parhaius

Dawn Patrol Characters: Drive Train, Project Rho, Technosavant
Twilight Consortium Characters: Mu'Sheena
Other Heroes: Capt. Adventure, Hornbull, Mia Kanzaki, Prof. Danger, Z'nam Baer
Other Villains: Apokylon
Other Praetorians: Sheena North
Scarlet Scorpion
Posted: Sep 3 2011, 02:13 AM

Forums Guru

Wow, the response has been amazing! I didn't expect that blush.gif Here is the problem: my child makes me a have a schedule that really isn't a schedule. I felt *lucky* to have tried to log on yesterday. As soon as I did, I had to log off. Did anyone see me? wallbash.gif

Shoot. With so many offers to help I want to "git r done". I'll see what I can do to plan a night to roll with you all and post it up happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Exalted Hero story blog

Dawn Patrol Character:
Scarlet Scorpion
Other toons:
Murphy's Law
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 03:34 AM

Patroller

Member No.: 225

I've solo'd it with blasters, brutes, tanks and MMs. Not sure about other classes. Like Chev said, the only really difficult mission is the third one. I'd be happy to help if we're on at the same time.

--------------------
user posted image
Freedom Prime - Lvl 50+3 Energy Blaster
Vandal Spark - Lvl 35 Kinetic Scrapper
@Murphy's Lawyer
@Murphy's 2nd Law
Scarlet Scorpion
Posted: Sep 17 2011, 12:41 AM

Forums Guru

Well gang, it seems that my sons schedule is starting to iron itself out. With family daycare (thank the gods) being during the week, then I only have the evenings and weekends to spend time with him. Granted, we are putting him to sleep ~7:30-8:00, but to make the next day "work", I'm in bed by 9:30-10:00. IOW, no play time during the week (see below). Weekends means "shit gets done" ... or the infamous "Honey-Do lists". rolleyes.gif

BUT ...

Like during my Grad school days, Fridays are my better days. That is the only day I have my son to myself. That also means I can only play when he's not awake. Basically ... 2-3 hours per session tops ad this is during the day hours.

Assuming I have everything else ready to go, then booya!

*sigh*

SO, here what's happening: badges.

Several months ago I got Scarlet to Vigilante. This was intentional as I perceive Scarlet to be closer to the grey line between full-blown hero and serious vigilante. She not a Vig by definition IC. I made her a Vig for in-game reasons ...

She can go to the Rogue Isles.

I hate CoV. I tried playing a villain and I just couldn't "do" it. But now ... I can SEE CoV without having to play it. Saweet. This also means I can hunt for badges I normally could not get at all on Scarlet. Exploration, History, Accolades, some Achievement ... all of this I can do with VERY little commitment to the game.

For example, today Atticus decided he could only nap for about 30 minutes before he needed some attention. pinch.gif That was about ... 4-6 exploration badges depending on the zone/deciphering coordinates. So, the hunt badges will take longer but 'meh'.

Needless to say, it's pretty awesome flying around Grandville wearing the DP uniform on wink.gif

As soon as I get a chance to log on at night, we'll roll thumbsup.gif Thank you all for the support,it really means a lot.

--------------------
user posted image

Exalted Hero story blog

Dawn Patrol Character:
Scarlet Scorpion
Other toons:
Adamant Chevalier
Posted: Sep 17 2011, 03:36 AM

Advanced Patroller

Let me know if you'd like a tour if certain badges elude you. I have a badging map pack on my client so I know where most of the badges are.

Also we're working on some of the newer content and it's much shorter than the older missions. Plus they are also much more story dense.

Given the limited amount of time you have another option would be Pickup Incarnate Trials, people are always running them in RWZ and they don't take a lot of time. You either beat the Trial and get stuff or you fail the trial and such is life. Plus it's not uncommon to drop out of a trial because the client has eaten itself. >_<

--------------------
user posted image

Dawn Patrol Character:
Adamant Chevalier
Kreiglord Pyroshock
Scarlet Scorpion
Posted: Sep 17 2011, 01:32 PM

Forums Guru

Great suggstion! One nagging issue for me (as you all can see) has been 'time'. Ironically, I also seek the Ouroboros badges but solo they are getting to be a bitch to try. For now, I've put them and the associated story arc here , on hold.

So, yes, I'll be taking Scarlet to RWZ after I get the Exploration and History badges in the Rgue Isles. I really want Scarlet to be Incarnate.

Btw, does being Incarnate "stick" when going through Ouroboros?

--------------------
user posted image

Exalted Hero story blog

Dawn Patrol Character:
Scarlet Scorpion
Other toons:
Cassandra
Posted: Sep 17 2011, 08:00 PM

Advanced Patroller

Member No.: 56

Instead of calling this thread "Scarlet Related", how about "The Scarlet Letter"? wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
@Cassandra, @Shadow Dancer, @Night Blade
@Donner and Blitzen! (Oops - never mind that last one...wink.gif)
Adamant Chevalier
Posted: Sep 18 2011, 05:37 PM

Advanced Patroller

QUOTE (Scarlet Scorpion @ Sep 17 2011, 09:32 AM)
Btw, does being Incarnate "stick" when going through Ouroboros?

The rule with Incarnates is that you have the powers if you are level 50. If you are EXed below level 50 you don't have them. I'm not entirely sure what happens if you somehow EX to level 45. I think so long as your "effective" level is 50 you still have the incarnate stuff.

--------------------
user posted image

Dawn Patrol Character:
Adamant Chevalier
Kreiglord Pyroshock
Scarlet Scorpion
Posted: Oct 7 2011, 02:11 AM

Forums Guru

Thanks Chev! I was hoping being Incarnate would help with Ouroboros... but it makes sense: if you go back in time, then you would be as powerful as you were.

This was the problem I faced when writing "There and Back Again" - I could still communicate in real time (SG channel) while still 'being' back in time. I should have just OOC'd any chat so I wouldn't have that conundrum. At the same time, I could just 'fix' the story to remove that problem ... whistling.gif
---

Dagnabit, I need more time!! Don't get me wrong, my son is pure awesome, but when personal time becomes available .. whew ...

Regardless, I was able to get all the Exploration Badges "over there" ...

That means the Dawn Patrol now has beacons into the Rogue Isles ninja.gif

Time to get the History plaques thumbsup.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Exalted Hero story blog

Dawn Patrol Character:
Scarlet Scorpion
Other toons:
Scarlet Scorpion
Posted: Nov 28 2011, 10:32 PM

Forums Guru

So, I'm the "trainer" for a client at work and that client is getting a lot more business. Thus, the company I'm employed with will get more business. To facilitate the increased work-load, the client decided to share their software package with my company. That means I got trained to use the software with the expectation I will train our employees to use it ... a train-the-trainer, if you will.

The systems takes almost two weeks to train someone to use ... that's how complicated it is. Oh, and then there's practice time and monitoring! In total, training a group of people can take up to a month!

What this means to my game time: shattered. cry.gif Oh, I'm still playing dagnabit ... but the whole "Friday is my day to play" schtick is the way of the Dodo until the current training schedule settles.

Or I find a new job dry.gif

/rant off

Regardless, I can still muse over CoX and DP happy.gif

On the Justice League and the Dawn Patrol

First off – the “New 52” of the Justice League is a-mazing!

Ok, we all (should) know that DC Comics has three uber-famous characters, called the Trinity: Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. These were the backbone to most of the “Justice League” incarnations. Over the years, the JL has had several other characters enter and exit the ranks, including the Trinity themselves. These other characters ranged in fame as well like Green Lanturn, Flash, Red Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkgirl, Martian Manhunter, etc., etc., etc. Then there are the plethoras of no-knowns that sprinkle into the League for whatever reason and get forgotten for various reasons: like Fire, Rocket Red, Blue Beetle, Congorilla, Starfire, etc., etc., etc.

What I’m introducing is a three-tiered view of the Justice League: Uber, Famous, Not-famous.

Does the Dawn Patrol have the same tiered … thing? I’d say, yes. But with some tweaks from the original idea. (That’s because when Congorilla was in the Justice League, he HAD to go from Not-famous [third tier] to at least famous [second tier] … if only for about 12 issues. tongue.gif )

To me, *we* are all the ubers – you know, the named guys and dolls that everyone in Paragon knows. Maybe they don’t know we are in the Dawn Patrol, but they know the name.

So, the second tier would be heroes who have served with us, are well known by some or most of us, but limited knowledge by the population.

The third tier, then, belong to Dawn Patrolers that don’t actually exist in the game, but we could create to help us move a story along. Maybe these are like the “Red Shirts” from Star Trek – they have a name and a purpose, but after that episode, they are done as characters.

Does this make sense?

The reason this came to me involved a story Alumette wrote here. In my PMs with her she suggested we had a “Public Relations” person – someone who dealt with the media – kind of like the spokesman to the White House. So I created a hero name and put it in the story. There, a reporter was interviewing the hero about an event that involved a lot of Dawn Patrollers, but didn’t involve THAT Patroller. Anyway, did the character come back later in some other story? No: they filled a role necessary for the plot. Third-tier.

And come to think of it … who cleans the Watchtower anyway? The Flash on Tuesdays but Green Lantern on Wednesdays? No, it has to be either automated or SOMEONE has to do it. Would heroes do it or do they have a corps of “others” that do it? I have no idea. It’s easier to assume the heroes do it themselves than to think they hire a staff of non-supers. Thus, the third tier when not active in Justice League stuff (at least the stuff we read).

--------------------
user posted image

Exalted Hero story blog

Dawn Patrol Character:
Scarlet Scorpion
Other toons:
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | CoX Discussion | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1587 seconds | Archive

Photobucket