GIOVANNI evan MARSBut you're okay with this❦So tell me your name, lovely:
So I'll just play it safe
And keep it inside
Cause boys don't cry
Giovanni❦Great, got a nickname?
Gio, Mars, Martian. I go mainly by Gio.❦And your date of birth?
March 9th, 14 yrs old❦The ever pleasant sexuality question:
Homosexual. Though I'm not ready to let people know that. As far as everyone is concerned, I'm straight.❦You're considered a what around here?
Freshmen❦So I hear you're a twin?
Max Schneider❦Don't mind my asking, but your body type?
I'm sort of self conscious about my body so I like to keep in good physical shape. I guess you could say I'm slim with decently defined muscles? Tanned skin. ❦What about how tall you are? How much you weigh?
I'm about 5'6" and weigh 130lbs, give or take a pound or so.❦Your hairstyle really suits you:
I have short, curly dark brown hair. ❦They say the eyes are the windows to the soul:
Brown. And I rather not have people looking into my soul, thank you.❦Any distinguishing features?
Nothing really. No tats, no piercings, nothing all that remarkable.❦What things do you love?
- Tennis. I play for fun, but I find that it's a good way to vent when I'm upset or frustrated too. I'm an aggressive player when I'm in a bad mood though. It doesn't happen often so don't worry.
- Rocking out with my guitar. I like jamming with my friends. Maybe we'll start a band? Well, maybe after I get better...
- Comic books. I'm kind of a nerd. I'm really into superheroes and science fiction.
- Pokemon. Love the games and the trading cards. Go ahead, laugh. Pokemon is hardcore. Get with it!
- Climbing trees. Well, actually, I like the feeling of being up high. I like rooftops too.
- I love sketching my own comics. I always have a hard time finishing them though. I have a sketchbook of incomplete stories.
- Biology. I like most sciences, but I'm into biology. Genetics, medicine, whatever has to do with biology.
- I like genuine down to earth people who don't care what other think of them. This kind of person is hard to find in high school though. It's like a game of Where's Waldo where you don't know what Waldo looks like.
- Nature. It's peaceful. Tranquil. I love taking naps down near the lake, most likely in a tree.
- Jigsaw Puzzles. I don't know. I just love them.
- Model cars, airplanes, and toy robots. ❦And those things you hate?
- Toes. I don't know. They freak me out. I don't even like looking at my own toes.
- Mean people and bullies. I don't care if they're really nice deep down. They're still mean on the outside.
- People who litter when there's is a trash bin nearby. People who stick gum under furniture sucks too.
- Being sick. I don't like the feeling of not being able to do anything, having to be taken care of, being behind on homework and school, and just the general feeling of feeling shitty.
- being the last to know something
- Breaking someone's heart
- Being broke
- When I call people and they don't pick up, but instead text me back.
- Going home sometimes, wondering if my dad is there or not. If he's there, he'll be drunk. ❦Everyone's afraid of something:
- Letting the world know I'm gay. Worst, kissing a girl and her thinking I suck because I'm gay. Or kissing a guy and I suck because I've never kissed a guy. Actually, I've never kissed a girl yet either. So I guess I'm scared of letting people know that also. What will my parents think? What will my friends think? I really can't deal with their disappointments or judgment, I can't.
- cockroaches. I'm fine with other bugs, just no roaches
- nuclear or biological warfare
- zombie apocalypse, could be a result of the above.
- evil alien robot invasion. Machines will be the death of us all.
- Drowning. I can't swim. I don't have a fear of water, just a fear of drowning. I might be able to get over this if I learn how to swim. I'm too embarrassed to ask anyone to teach me though.
- being in front of large crowds. I'm definitely a center stage kind of guy, which is tough when you're playing tennis and a bunch of people are watching you. ❦And everyone has hopes and dreams:
- I want to own a house by the lake someday. Or better, by the beach, but I'd settle with a lake.
- I hope one day, I will be selling my own graphic novels and they'll be as popular as X-Men, Batman, Avengers, Teen Titans, etc.
- OR, if not the above, I want to work in the field of bioengineering. That might be more practical, right? This sounds like something I would need to go to college for though. Not sure if I'll be able to pay for that...
- Give myself superpowers. And while I'm at it, invent the cure fo cancer, aids, and all that stuff.
- I dream of a world where everyone practiced tolerance. A world where people weren't bullied and being gay is as big a deal as being straight.
- I want to get out of Riverwood someday. Riverwood is nice, but I need a change. Maybe I'll move to Atlanta?❦What are your strengths?
- My friends tell me that I'm a pretty good artist.
- I'm very good at sciences.
- Tennis, played it since I was four. Not kidding.
- Climbing. Not just trees, anything climbable really.
- Keeping secrets. If you tell me something confidential, you can trust me not to tell anyone else. I don't like butting into other people's business anyway.
- Time management❦What about your weaknesses?
- large body of waters. Can't swim, remember?
- Acting natural around a guy I might like
- Dancing, really bad dancer.
- Fire. Because I'm a Martian. Like Martian Manhunter. And, well, you know, he's...ah, nevermind. I was just kidding anyway.
- I'm a nice guy, you can generally use that to your favor. Shit, I shouldn't have said that. ❦Is there any quirks and habits we should know?
- When giving advice, I always make references to comics.
- I always touch my neck when I'm nervous.
- When I'm walking with a person, I like to walk on the same of things as they do. Example, if we come a tree we have to go around, and my friend goes around the left side, I will go around to the left too. I feel like if I got the right and they go to the left, we could get separated into two dimensions or something. I'm not kidding. So like if an entrance has multiple doors, I would go through the same door my friend go through. If I'm with multiple friends, I will follow the friend I'm closest with. ❦So why don't you tell us more?
I guess the first thing to say that I'm kind of a nerd. And the people I tend to hang out with are kind of nerdy too. Well, some a lot nerdy, but this is about me. I enjoy school. I don't enjoy all subject, but I do enjoy most. I like learning. People do say knowledge is power. And I guess if you want to change the world in a big way, you ought to be well educated. I wouldn't say I'm super smart or anything, but I am studious and make pretty good grades. Almost straight A's. I have had a few B's, but not many. I'm taking AP and advance classes too. Aside from excelling academically, I also like comics. I collect and read them. Between Marvel and DC, I'm more of a DC fan though. I draw my own comics too. I like drawing. Of course, the nerd in me is balanced by a jock. I play tennis. I think exercise is pretty important. Healthy body equals healthy mind. I get quite a rush playing tennis. It might not be the coolest sport out there or the sport that gets you the girl, but it's pretty cool. I admit, I can be quite an aggressive player.
I'm somewhat of the shy, quiet type, especially around someone who I might have a crush on. I'm afraid if I say something, it'll come out stupid. It's just safer not to talk. I'm not very courageous when it comes to talking about my feelings or admitting who I really am. I'm actually very hesitant. I'm also a really nice guy. Even if I don't like you, I will make an effort to be nice. I won't try to please you, but at least I'll be nice. If I do like you, as in you're someone I want to be friends with, I can be the kind of guy who helps you out when you need someone. Of course, sometimes, people pretend to be nice just so I like them and they end up just using me. For sure, I won't do your homework for you. I'm not THAT nice. I'm a firm believer in doing your own work. Actually, I take that back. I'll do your homework, for a price. Price depends on difficulty level of the homework.
I'm not really the party kind of guy. Small gatherings, maybe. But I don't like being in large crowds if I can help it. I'm also the kind of guy, even in the toughest situation of how down things might seem, will stay optimistic. I always focus on the good parts of things. If I don't, life can become depressing really quickly. Besides, I know people who have it worst than I do. And when I'm sad or upset. I don't like crying. Instead, I channel my feeling into tennis or my drawings. ❦Everybody has them:
- Mom, Waverly Rhode, 36, deceased
- Dad, Quentin Mars, 38, Warehouse worker❦Did they give you any siblings?
I'm an only child. ❦Got any kids of your own?
Nope. Not yet. I'd like to, someday.❦Do you have a lover?
Not yet and probably never at my rate. I'm not very smooth at talking to people I like. ❦What about pets?
No pets. I'd like one, but time and money is an issue for me.❦What's your favorite memory?
It's a really faint memory, but it's one that I try to hold on that. I remember a day at the lake with my parents. Both of my parents. Dad and Mom. I remember a picnic and playing catch with my dad, my mom watching. I remember a water gun war and I also remember seeing my parents so in love. My dad was sober and happy. My mom was alive and happy. I was a happy kid. I miss lying in my mom's arm. I remember after the long day, I was really happy, but really tired. I feel asleep in my mom's arm while she hummed a lullaby. It was the most angelic humming I've ever heard.❦What's your most hated memory?
The day my parents were in a car crash. My dad survived, but my mom...I don't want to talk about it.❦Give us a final rundown yourself:
I was born here in Riverwood. Raised here. Never been any further from here than Atlanta. I had a pretty regular childhood. My dad was a car salesman and my mom worked in real estate. We were a complete family. Everyone was happy. I loved both of my parents. Always did my best to make them proud. And I think they were. I had a great relationship with both of them. My dad spent a lot of time with me. We played catch, we went to the comic book store together, and he talked about life with me. He was a bigger comic book nerd than I am. And my mom, she was the one who got me into tennis. I started playing mostly for her. And I enjoyed it. Life was good. Then one day, everything changed.
I remember sitting in class when someone from the front office appeared at the door. She called my name. I thought I was in trouble and was kind of freaking out because I've never been in trouble. But when we got out into the hall, she told me that my parents had been in a car accident. I was in 4th grade. I didn't how to react. I thought maybe I was just dreaming or something. I didn't cry. I didn't panic. I just calmly asked her if they were okay. She said no. Panicking a little now. A family friend came to pick me up and take me to the hospital. When I got there, my dad was in tears and hugged me so tightly, I swore I couldn't breath. They didn't let me see my mom though. I never saw my mom for the last time. She did upon impact when the accident happened. Things were the same after her death. My dad changed.
He blamed himself for my mom's death. He began drinking a lot. He lost his job due to drinking. Eventually, he found another job at as a warehouse worker, but the income was definitely a lot smaller. He stopped hanging out with me and spent more time drinking. If he wasn't at work, then he wasn't sober. Not only did I lost my mom, I lost my dad too. I continued to do good in school though hoping he would notice. And I continued playing tennis. We've become distant now. I still love him, but I'm kind of scared now. It's been years and he hasn't changed. I never catch him sober. At least, he works. It's up to me to clean and cook though. He pays the bills, but then blow whatever money is left on alcohol. Doesn't care if I need money. He doesn't even pay attention to dates anymore. I know because he always forgets my birthday. And he only remembers Christmas because he doesn't have work and the people at the bar wishes him Merry Christmas. I'm use to it now, though. But one day, I will get through to him, make him see me again. In front of him, I never cry, I never complain, and I do my best to smile. I leave the crying, complaining, and not smiling for when I visit my mom's grave every month. I like to talk to her. Dead people are really good listeners, ever noticed that?
But even so, there are things I wouldn't even tell my mom. Like the fact that I think I might be attracted to guys. Not sure when this started, but ever since starting middle school and hitting puberty, I've noticed things. And girls are not one of those things. There's this debate about whether homosexuality is a matter of genetics or something you can control. If it's the latter, I'm having a hard time controlling it. If it's genetics, I'm bent on getting to the bottom of it and finding the gene that causes this. Might be why I'm so interested in biology. Anyway, so my home life isn't that great. It's probably better than some kids who don't even have parents. I still consider myself lucky that I'm not an orphan. Though most superheroes start out as orphans. Since dad spends his earning on drinking, since middle school, I started learning ways to make money. Selling lemonade, mowing lawns, cleaning pools, whatever people will pay me for. By the time I got to Freshmen year of high school, I already got a pretty impressive resume.
Quite a few years❦Contact Info:
U.S., central time❦Roleplay Sample: