Back in January I spent a few pounds on the following piece of kit:
Only trouble was I have never used a airbrush before, bought some books (not very usefull) my main concern was cleaning the bleeding thing as I didn't want to render it useless after it's first use.
This week I bit the bullet bought some Tamiya acrylics and the other evening had a go. Problem 1, How do you open Tamiya acrylics ?
I twisted the top untill I thought I was going to have a hernia, the lid wouldn't budge! checked to see if it was a push down lid or child proof - no, I'd bought 5 pots, 3 X-2 and 2 XF-2, couldn't open any of them, contacted LMS who told me they are normal screw top but can be stiff !!! (understatement) resorted to boiling the kettle and carefully pouring hot water on the cap success
Had a bit practice the other night eventually got a bit more competent with distance from model, adjusting paint flow, cleaned it and put it away until tonight.
Pulled out the CF105 and decided to give it some whellie.
Quite happy with the outcome so far, it's identified where a bit more filler is needed and I'll need to rub the paint back in a couple of places.
Did a bit on the B1 ordinance and that put paid to two of the three pots of X-2 so I calling it a night, will try and get some more done tomorrow.