DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

SCP 914 Item Conversions
Raphael
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 02:26 AM

Resident organizational freak

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

I thought this would be a handy list to start up and maintain. I'll add what info I have, further testing on other items would be welcomed. If you do tests of your own, PLEASE add your information.

Entries will be in this format:

INPUT
R (Rough): OUTPUT
C (Coarse): OUTPUT
1:1: OUTPUT
F (Fine): OUTPUT
V (Very Fine): OUTPUT

After numerous tests, I believe there is a predictable pattern. Anything going in on Rough or Coarse is destroyed. Items going in on Fine will be upgraded 1 level, those that are at max level will be downgraded one level. Items going in on Very Fine will become max level. Items going in at 1:1 will usually result in a minor change.

WARNING: Remember that SCP-914 is located in a keycard secured room. Do not place your only keycard in 914 that will result in it being destroyed; you will be trapped (until the Old Man shows up to put you out of your misery).

Here we go:

The Player
R: You die.
C: You die.
1:1: Inverts vertical looking. Moving mouse up looks down and vice versa. Entering again on 1:1 will restore aim to normal.
F: Increases movement speed, but you die a short time later.
V: Increases movement speed, but you die a short time later.

Gas Mask
R: No difference.
C: No difference.
1:1: No difference.
F: No difference.
V: No difference.

9V Battery
R: Destroyed.
C: Destroyed.
1:1: Produces 18V battery
F: Kills you via shock when you try and pick it up.
V: Kills you via shock when you try and pick it up.

18V Battery
F: Kills you via shock when you try and pick it up.
V: Kills you via shock when you try and pick it up.

Level 2 Key Card
1:1: Becomes Playing Card
F: Becomes Level 3 Key Card
V: Becomes Key Card Omni

Level 3 Key Card
R:
C:
F: Becomes Level 4 Key Card
V:

Level 4 Key Card
R:
C:
F: Becomes Level 5 Key Card
V:

Level 5 Key Card
R:
C:
F: Becomes Key Card Omni
V:

Playing Card
R:
C:
1:1: Becomes Level 2 Key Card (Regardless of what level the card was when inserted)
F:
V: Becomes Level 2 Key Card

Key Card Omni
R:
C:
F:
V:

S-NAV 300 Navigator
R:
C: Becomes Electrical Components
1:1 Becomes S-Nav Navigator
F: Becomes S-Nav 310 Navigator
V: Becomes S-Nav Navigator Ultimate

S-Nav Navigator
R:
C:
1:1:
F:
V:

S-Nav 310 Navigator
R:
C:
V: Becomes S-Nav Navigator Ultimate

S-Nav Navigator Ultimate
R:
C:
F: Becomes S-Nav 310 Navigator

Electrical Components:
R: No difference.
C: No difference.

Document SCP-173
R: Destroyed (shredded)
C: Destroyed (shredded)
1:1: Becomes Document SCP-895
F: Becomes Origami.
V: Becomes Origami.

Document SCP-895
V: Becomes Origami.

Document SCP-106
R:
C:
V:

Origami
1:1: Becomes Document SCP-106

Some SCP-420-J (Using this results in humorous text)
R:
C:
1:1: Becomes Cigarette (this seems to shoot out of the door; I found it against the wall after the door opened)
F: Becomes Joint
V: Becomes Smelly Joint

Cigarette:
R:
1:1: No difference. Still appears next to the wall though.
F:
V:

Joint (Using this will kill you)
R:
C:
F:
V:

Smelly Joint (Using this will kill you)
R:
C:
F:
V:

ReVision Eyedrops

R: Puddle (destroyed)
C: Puddle (destroyed)
1:1: A red bottle of eyedrops with the same name. Doesn't seem to have any effect.
F: Just called Eyedrops. No other notable effects...? Couldn't duplicate the OPs result, I could still manually blink.
V: This duplicates the OPs result. You have an unlimited blink meter for a little bit, but then you receive the message "your eyes are starting to hurt" and things become blurry...and then eventually black. Better hope you're in a safe place for a bit when this happens. The effect is NOT PERMANENT; the blackness just lasts for a while. Your vision will slowly start to restore itself, and you will be able to manually blink again.

(Still testing. After some tests, the Old Man decided he hated science and climbed up out of the floor.)

This post has been edited by Raphael on May 19 2012, 01:52 AM
Phm
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 10:07 AM

Unregistered

Old man will kome to shake your hand if you make an omni card, I think. He appeared only after this in my case. But I don't think omni card is needed in this version.
Lol, I had a captcha "take a look" and my parrot creamed loudly in the living room. I don't li
Raphael
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 06:43 PM

Isn't there one door somewhere that requires an omni card?
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 06:49 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Raphael @ Apr 22 2012, 06:43 PM)
Isn't there one door somewhere that requires an omni card?

Not yet, I guess.
Raphael
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 11:42 PM

Added in some of the smoking items...oh man.
Nark
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 01:25 AM

Member No.: 81

Interested to see how this would be balanced for for some items. Why bother with Level 3, 4 and 5 keycards when you can just shove a Level 2 card in, put it on Very Fine and produce an Omni card. Same goes for the S-Nav 310 Navigator and S-Nav Navigator Ultimate, is there a point to the 310, does it do something different to the Ultimate?
Raphael
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 06:03 PM

I haven't really done extensive testing with the 310, but I know the Ultimate has unlimited battery power, a constant map system, and warns you of hostile SCPs and their proximity.
Alfie275
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 06:18 PM

Member No.: 88

Is it possible to trick SCPs like 173 or 106 into going into 914?

173 on very fine...
Raphael
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 07:30 PM

I seriously doubt you can get 106 to go in there...you'd have to walk in to lure him in, avoid him somehow, get back out, and start the machine before he exits. Same deal with 173; while he'd stay in there, to get him in you'd have to turn your back to him while in there. If he doesn't kill you, he'll be blocking the door and you can't get out of the input chamber.
Toki Wartooth
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 09:35 PM

914? I 'ardly knew 'er!

Member No.: 61

I'm on the same boat with a few of these other people. Why go for the lower level cards, when you can just get the best one? Also, I think that some things might be of a little more use if you downgrade them. For instance, a level 2 keycard that is downgraded may become a plastic janitor's key which opens the janitors closet or something to that effect, as a keycard wont fit into a regular keyhole. Also, electrical parts might be used to repair the lights in certain areas. I'm just throwing these things around, but yeah.

Suggestion for gas-mask outputs- I think that EVERYTHING the gas mask puts into the output should be of use, as the gas mask is one of the players best items. They could use the 1:1 setting to get a mouth cover, so they can get through a room with lethal gas, and their view wouldn't be obstructed, but sacrificing the ability to not have to blink a ton in 'blink gas' rooms. Rough/coarse could be used to get plastic/metal scrap that is important in making another item, very fine can make some contact lenses that when you wear them, your view isn't obstructed, but sacrificing the ability to pass through poison gas chambers un-harmed, and fine could give you something else. That way, everything you can do with your gas mask comes at some cost, but all would be a option you would have to choose from.

(also, maybe have a document that says previous tests and that might give you hints as to what you might get)
Raphael
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 11:45 PM

Hey, I'm not the one who decides the outputs for these items. Regardless of the uses of the items, I'm just trying to put together a complete list of what you get when you put in every item on every setting.
Zabidenu
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 07:05 PM

Member #106!

Member No.: 106

QUOTE (Toki Wartooth @ Apr 23 2012, 09:35 PM)
[RANT REDACTED]

Agreed, but the game is only at an alpha phase right now, so I'm pretty sure that some (if not all) of these will be changed.
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 07:25 AM

Unregistered

I was making a list just like this right now on another forum...

Here it is!

SCP-914 things I've attempted in containment breach:
(multiple items can be converted at once, but will not 'combine' into anything)

S-NAV Navigator series:
Rough = Electronical components
Coarse = Electronical components
1:1 = S-NAV Navigator (HUD is red rather than white, still cannot connect to database)
Fine = S-NAV 310 (connects to map database, whole map becomes revealed)
Very Fine = S-NAV Ultimate (connects to map database like 310, and also shows dangerous SCPs in the proximity)

Gas Mask: (Note: all were worn and no visual differences from the normal Gas Mask, however, untested to how they work when in contact with gas)
Rough = Gas Mask
Coarse = Gas Mask
1:1 = Gas Mask
Fine = Gas Mask
Very Fine = Gas Mask

Electronical components: (unknown purpose)
Rough = Electronical components
Coarse = Electronical components
1:1 = Electronical components
Fine = Electronical components
Very Fine = Electonical components

Battery Series:
Rough = A pile of dust (cannot pick up, not an item)
Coarse = A pile of dust (cannot pick up, not an item)
1:1 = 18V Battery
Fine = ?? Battery (attempting to pick it up kills you)
Very Fine = ?? Battery (attempting to pick it up kills you)

Document Series:
Rough = Ripped paper (cannot pick up, not an item)
Coarse = Untested
1:1 = Same document
Fine = Origami
Very Fine = Origami

Origami:
Rough = Untested
Coarse = Ripped paper (cannot pick up, not an item)
1:1 = Random document (including Document SCP-079 !!!)
Fine = Origami
Very Fine = Origami

Yourself:
Rough = Death
Coarse = Death
1:1 = Toggles inverted look controls (persists after death, must restart game or enter machine again in 1:1)
Fine = Speed up, timed death
Very Fine = Speed up, timed death

Playing Card:
Rough = Untested
Coarse = Untested
1:1 = Playing Card
Fine = Level 2 Key Card
Very Fine = Level 2 Key Card

Key Card Series:
Rough = Untested
Coarse = Pile of dust (cannot pick up, not an item)
1:1 = Playing Card
Fine = Upgraded Key Card (Level 1 -> 2, 2 -> 3, 3 -> 4, 4 -> 5, 5 -> Omni, Omni -> Omni)
Very Fine = Key Card Omni (opens any key-card door)

Notes:
When something says "series", that means there's multiple items that fall under the same conversion rules.

In the S-NAV series:
S-NAV 300 Navigator
S-NAV Navigator
S-NAV 310
S-NAV Ultimate

In the Document series:
Any item named "Document SCP-*"

In the Key Card series:
Level 1 Key Card
Level 2 Key Card
Level 3 Key Card
Level 4 Key Card
Level 5 Key Card
Key Card Omni

In the Battery series:
9V Battery
18V Battery

Anything underlined is something I haven't tested personally. There may be some items I haven't obtained yet. Anything bolded are really great items.

Haven't gotten a chance to get an SCP into it.
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 07:38 AM

Unregistered

Oh and the ultimate navigator doesn't require any batteries.
Posted: Sep 22 2012, 12:56 AM

Unregistered

QUOTE (Toki Wartooth @ Apr 23 2012, 09:35 PM)
I'm on the same boat with a few of these other people. Why go for the lower level cards, when you can just get the best one? Also, I think that some things might be of a little more use if you downgrade them. For instance, a level 2 keycard that is downgraded may become a plastic janitor's key which opens the janitors closet or something to that effect, as a keycard wont fit into a regular keyhole. Also, electrical parts might be used to repair the lights in certain areas. I'm just throwing these things around, but yeah.

Suggestion for gas-mask outputs- I think that EVERYTHING the gas mask puts into the output should be of use, as the gas mask is one of the players best items. They could use the 1:1 setting to get a mouth cover, so they can get through a room with lethal gas, and their view wouldn't be obstructed, but sacrificing the ability to not have to blink a ton in 'blink gas' rooms. Rough/coarse could be used to get plastic/metal scrap that is important in making another item, very fine can make some contact lenses that when you wear them, your view isn't obstructed, but sacrificing the ability to pass through poison gas chambers un-harmed, and fine could give you something else. That way, everything you can do with your gas mask comes at some cost, but all would be a option you would have to choose from.

(also, maybe have a document that says previous tests and that might give you hints as to what you might get)

How bout for very fine you get the omega mask witch let syou go thru gas has Xray vsion and a proximity alert and the same stuff as gas mask BUT you have a slower walk speed and can't sprint
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0838 seconds | Archive