InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

The ending
A water cooler
Posted: May 3 2012, 02:56 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 218

I might be jumping the gun by talking about the ending of the game before the game itself is even set in stone, but I'm really hoping the ending doesn't get screwed up, so I'm just putting down a suggestion for it to avoid the "shit-ending-just-cause-we-can" or "happy-endings-are-evil" mindset.

I read Dr. Gear's post in which he states that neutral is as good as it gets. I'm fine with that. My main request is that the game should have an ending that isn't completely terrible.

My suggestion: make the player work for their happy ending. Yes, like on TVTropes.

At the end of the game, the player is faced with a choice.

One corridor leads to the facility's main entrance, where the Foundation is arriving to clean up the containment breach. A guard shouts at the player to run outside with their hands up. If the player chooses this option, the 'easy' way, they are taken into custody and knocked out; the game ends with the player lying on the floor and regaining consciousness as a voice on the microphone says "All D-Class personnel, please approach SCP-XXX for testing/enter the chamber for mandatory end-of-the-month sanitary activities." before the screen cuts to black.

The other corridor leads to a door which has no button to open it, but rather a lock requiring a key. The door could lead to a place convenient to escape, such as a garage or something similar. If the player has gotten hold of the Key SCP which can open any lock, which would require them to go through one of the game's hazardous areas, they are able to open this door and escape both the site and the Foundation, thus attaining the 'neutral' ending. It doesn't even have to show the player getting married and living on a farm in texas or whatever; it's neutral, because the player has escaped all of it - the foundation and the SCPs. He could get into a head-on collision and die. The vehicle could have Dr. Gerald in the backseat. It's ambiguous and therefore neutral.

To clarify on what I mean by saying the player must go through one of the game's hazardous areas - I will use Amnesia as an example. At one point in the game, to proceed, the player must restore functionality to a lift; to do so, they must go through the storage chamber to acquire replacement parts. The storage chamber is pitch black except for a few candles, is very large, is in disrepair, and has something or somethings lurking around inside. The player has no choice but to go through. My suggestion would have a variation on this - the player has no choice but to enter a hazardous, frightening, terrifying area.. if they want to escape once and for all.

I think that an ending which is crappy no matter what you do would really ruin the so-far brilliant experience the game has to offer.
Ketran
Posted: May 3 2012, 04:47 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 68

The blue key does not open any door. Only the door it refers to on it's body, and then it opens a new dimension.
A water cooler
Posted: May 3 2012, 05:11 PM

No. It opens any door within the coordinates of the area on it's body. It opens to a new dimension, which leads through to the other side of the door originally opened. Adds a final challenge to get past before the end of the game.
Raphael
Posted: May 3 2012, 06:07 PM

Unregistered

To be completely fair to the story right now, there is a slim to none chance our hero will be able to escape alive. There are (according to the intercom at the begnining) multiple Euclid and Keter level breaches, and we've only found a handful of each so far. We're just one Class-D, unless we find some Macguffin or some assistance, it's very likely we'll be killed one way or another before finding the exit.

As for having SCP-860 as a potential exit...there's absolutely no guarantee that the pathway will become hazardous or dangerous if you stick to the trail until you reach the other door. Even if that strange thing decides to show up, as shown in Document 860-I, it may not attack you and you can run to the exit. In Document 860-II, one D-Class lived for months without being harmed aside from aging, which could simply be a result of the area itself. This shouldn't matter as if you're just passing through, you won't be there long enough for the aging effects to really affect you.

We also have to hope that the Blue Key decides to change it's coordinates to that of the area you're in, which is definitely possible as one location was Site-[DATA EXPUNGED].

Honestly, I don't see the bad ending happening. The Foundation is going to know you survived (and likely contained) an entire outbreak on your own, they aren't going to just toss you back into an SCP chamber without figuring out how you did it and if there would be merit in allowing you to work for them. If you escape via a garage or whatever, they'll just track you down; they may not know what secrets you've become aware of and may decide to share. On the other hand, complying with their requests could show that you are loyal to the Foundation and willing to work more with them.
A water cooler
Posted: May 3 2012, 06:30 PM

Yes, it is likely you'll be killed, which is why you, as the player, have the goal of not being killed. I don't see how the chance of the player dying canonically really matters, because the player's goal is to survive. If the key is going to be in the game, what exactly would be the point of including it if it wasn't of any use besides as an ornamental squeaky duck for the game?

As to your point about working for the foundation - why the hell would your character, if he does live, WANT to work for the organization that imprisoned him, was planning to kill him, and thrust him into chambers with deadly anomalous artifacts to see what would happen? Also, I'm fairly sure that, unless the Foundation implants tracking devices into D-class(which would make zero sense, considering how much such a device probably costs and the fact that they kill them all at the end of the month), what's to stop your D-class from changing identity and running away to mexico? Besides, I'm fairly sure at this point that the Foundation regards D-Class as entirely expendable, and wouldn't really give a shit one way or another if you survived. They'd just say you got lucky and leave it at that.

Yes, it's unlikely that the entity or entities inside 806 would show up. It's also unlikely that a containment breach would occur at the site both 173 and 682 are contained at, given the level of security present to contain two of the most dangerous objects archived. I'm fairly sure at this point that your character either has the best or worst luck in the universe.
Raphael
Posted: May 3 2012, 07:54 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (A water cooler @ May 3 2012, 06:30 PM)
Yes, it is likely you'll be killed, which is why you, as the player, have the goal of not being killed. I don't see how the chance of the player dying canonically really matters, because the player's goal is to survive. If the key is going to be in the game, what exactly would be the point of including it if it wasn't of any use besides as an ornamental squeaky duck for the game?

As to your point about working for the foundation - why the hell would your character, if he does live, WANT to work for the organization that imprisoned him, was planning to kill him, and thrust him into chambers with deadly anomalous artifacts to see what would happen? Also, I'm fairly sure that, unless the Foundation implants tracking devices into D-class(which would make zero sense, considering how much such a device probably costs and the fact that they kill them all at the end of the month), what's to stop your D-class from changing identity and running away to mexico? Besides, I'm fairly sure at this point that the Foundation regards D-Class as entirely expendable, and wouldn't really give a shit one way or another if you survived. They'd just say you got lucky and leave it at that.

Yes, it's unlikely that the entity or entities inside 806 would show up. It's also unlikely that a containment breach would occur at the site both 173 and 682 are contained at, given the level of security present to contain two of the most dangerous objects archived. I'm fairly sure at this point that your character either has the best or worst luck in the universe.

Obviously, the goal is to stay alive as long as you can. I'm just saying that it's extremely unlikely that the goal will be met considering all of the circumstances and abominations of nature running amok. Who knows what role the key will have in the game? Probably to let you pass through some door that doesn't have a card reader and is locked otherwise.

I don't see how he would know they were going to kill him anyway. Don't they tell D-class that they can get a lighter prison sentence if they do tests? It's not like they always throw them to their deaths; 173 is very manageable, no one has to die if everyone does as they are told. Considering the amount of reach the Foundation has over the media, law enforcement, drugs like amnesiacs, and survelliance devices for SCPs that are in the wild but can't be contained, I'm quite sure tracking down one D-class death row inmate (escaping using FOUNDATION PROPERTY or an SCP) would not be a problem. They have to hunt down and capture far more deadly things on a daily basis. They have every reason to care about recapturing you; who knows what classified documents you could find in the facilty? What secrets you could learn? What SCPs you could potentially abuse for your own personal gain?

This containment breach isn't simply "luck". Someone, most likely an upper level personnel or a single powerful SCP that managed to escape, started the breach. The AI SCP, for example, shows up on the monitors in the one smoke room. It cannot hook itself up to the Site's network alone; someone had to have intentionally aided it.

Security becomes a lot less effective when you already know how it works and how to disable it.
A water cooler
Posted: May 3 2012, 08:39 PM

I don't see how he would know they were going to kill him anyway. Don't they tell D-class that they can get a lighter prison sentence if they do tests?

So why wouldn't he take the chance to run like hell instead of sticking around for tests in which he could possibly die? Even if he doesn't know they're going to kill him, it still doesn't make sense for him to stay.

Considering the amount of reach the Foundation has over the media, law enforcement, drugs like amnesiacs, and survelliance devices for SCPs that are in the wild but can't be contained, I'm quite sure tracking down one D-class death row inmate (escaping using FOUNDATION PROPERTY or an SCP) would not be a problem. They have to hunt down and capture far more deadly things on a daily basis.

Where does it say the Foundation has the amount of reach you seem to think they have over the media and law enforcement? They might be able to subvert them or fool them, but if they start up a manhunt over one escaped D-Class, it's going to raise some eyebrows no matter what they do. There's a major difference between trying to hunt down a rampaging monstrosity or strange artifact and trying to hunt down one man, who is able to change his appearance. Even assuming the Foundation is as well acquainted with law enforcement as you claim, there's a reason criminals can go uncaptured for years or even their entire lives. What makes you think the Foundation would be any more effective at manhunting than most? With an escaped SCP, they know what to look for and use that to triangulate in on it's location. It's easy to find something if it causes insanity/suicide/mass death around it unless contained. Short of a tracking device, it would be very hard to track down an escaped D-Class unless they were idiots and kept their name and appearance after escaping. In addition, any SCPs you bring with you are probably concealable - you won't be bringing, say, the crystal that turns you to ice if you touch it along. Finally, if the player simply ditched whatever vehicle they stole and left behind a polite apology note and whatever SCPs they took for pursuing Foundation personnel to find, the Foundation is not going to waste valuable resources to recapture one D-Class, who's 'secrets' would make him look like a madman if he mentioned them to anyone. Go out on the street and tell a random passerby that there's a secret organization that contains alien artifacts, see what reaction you get. The only value you'd have is to the enemies of the Foundation, who probably already know anything you can tell them anyways.

A water cooler
Posted: May 4 2012, 02:28 AM

Oh, and as a final note, it flat out states in one of the logs that a D-Class who saved an agent and prevented a massive containment breach was terminated at the end of the month regardless of his contribution, so there you go.
Raphael
Posted: May 4 2012, 04:45 AM

Resident organizational freak

Member No.: 70

So why wouldn't he take the chance to run like hell instead of sticking around for tests in which he could possibly die? Even if he doesn't know they're going to kill him, it still doesn't make sense for him to stay.

Because he would have nowhere to go. Again, the Foundation could easily track him down, and they could also just fabricate a media story that calls out the character as an escaped death row convict, armed and extremely dangerous. No matter where he hides, it's just a matter of time before he gets taken out.

Where does it say the Foundation has the amount of reach you seem to think they have over the media and law enforcement? They might be able to subvert them or fool them, but if they start up a manhunt over one escaped D-Class, it's going to raise some eyebrows no matter what they do. There's a major difference between trying to hunt down a rampaging monstrosity or strange artifact and trying to hunt down one man, who is able to change his appearance. Even assuming the Foundation is as well acquainted with law enforcement as you claim, there's a reason criminals can go uncaptured for years or even their entire lives. What makes you think the Foundation would be any more effective at manhunting than most? With an escaped SCP, they know what to look for and use that to triangulate in on it's location. It's easy to find something if it causes insanity/suicide/mass death around it unless contained. Short of a tracking device, it would be very hard to track down an escaped D-Class unless they were idiots and kept their name and appearance after escaping.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/log-of-extranormal-events

Yes, I know it's regarding events that occurred too briefly for the Foundation to prevent, and an escaped prisoner is more of a long term thing. Just check out some of the responses to these to see what they can do. I know there's a better article somewhere that documents the hunting process in more detail, I'll skim through and see if I can find one later.

The Foundation does not fly around with jets, shooting up the place looking for whatever it is they're looking for. They do so quietly, and cover up their actions or those of SCPs through manipulation. They could very easily bribe or force an officer to carry out a task, then just give him an amnesiac afterward. Sure, most criminals go uncaptured for years...but those ones typically don't carry extremely sensitive information that would cause chaos should the character come forward with any evidence he took with him after escaping from the site. Heck, just giving the Site's location would be a disaster. Once everyone knows, all the amnesiac in the world won't help you.

You can't return or leave behind information.

In addition, any SCPs you bring with you are probably concealable - you won't be bringing, say, the crystal that turns you to ice if you touch it along. Finally, if the player simply ditched whatever vehicle they stole and left behind a polite apology note and whatever SCPs they took for pursuing Foundation personnel to find, the Foundation is not going to waste valuable resources to recapture one D-Class, who's 'secrets' would make him look like a madman if he mentioned them to anyone. Go out on the street and tell a random passerby that there's a secret organization that contains alien artifacts, see what reaction you get. The only value you'd have is to the enemies of the Foundation, who probably already know anything you can tell them anyways.

As I said above, say our D-class man spreads the location of the Site, or potentially uses an SCP to help him do so. Add that to whatever evidence you have on hand from the site (the documents, maybe a video recording later on, the SCPs, etc) and people are going to notice. Don't take the enemies of the Foundation lightly; a person coming forth with information on the security in the area, the location of the site, knowledge of the area's layout, and tips on which SCPs to use to your advantage could be extremely valuable to them.

As for the vehicle he uses, I'm willing to bet he'll get intercepted before he makes it even a quarter of the way to wherever he's trying to go. You can bet that vehicle will have some sort of location device on it, and the Site in the game is not the only one the Foundation has. News of the breach was probably transmitted to the other sites immediately after it happened, and seeing one vehicle speeding away from an area that should have multiple Keter and Euclid level SCPs running around is going to raise suspicion. Send out one squad in a heli, and the joyride is over.

Bottom line being: No matter how he escapes or what he escapes with, this guy could compromise the entire Foundation if he gets even a small group of people to believe him, especially if they're law enforcement or the media due to the information he has. If you think crazy stories like his would never get any notice, well, look at all the conspiracies flying around in the world and the support they get even if they have little to no evidence.

Oh, and as a final note, it flat out states in one of the logs that a D-Class who saved an agent and prevented a massive containment breach was terminated at the end of the month regardless of his contribution, so there you go.

Link please. Also, this D-class would be containing multiple Keter/Euclid SCPs himself. Alone. AFTER the breach. Which I would imagine is far more impressive than whatever this other guy did, even if he prevented all the casualties in the first place.

It's really a catch-22 of the worst sort. If you run, they WILL hunt you down. If you stay, they MIGHT kill you. I'm simply picking the option with the better odds.
shairn
Posted: May 4 2012, 05:28 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

Have the ending be heartwarming, where our dear d-class somehow brings all the SCPs back to their containment units, fixes everything, and is granted a full pardon by the law and the foundation and therefore set free. He goes home to his family where he eats the first real meal he has had in months and enjoys time with his loved ones. After a long night of catching up, he finally turns in. Right before his eyes close for the last time, you see, in the corner of his vision, a skeletal figure, a large grin plastered across its face. As the screen turns dark, you hear flesh tearing and bones breaking, followed by terrified screams of family members before the game shuts itself off.

Good night.
A water cooler
Posted: May 4 2012, 06:34 PM

Yes, I know it's regarding events that occurred too briefly for the Foundation to prevent, and an escaped prisoner is more of a long term thing. Just check out some of the responses to these to see what they can do. I know there's a better article somewhere that documents the hunting process in more detail, I'll skim through and see if I can find one later.

The Foundation does not fly around with jets, shooting up the place looking for whatever it is they're looking for. They do so quietly, and cover up their actions or those of SCPs through manipulation. They could very easily bribe or force an officer to carry out a task, then just give him an amnesiac afterward. Sure, most criminals go uncaptured for years...but those ones typically don't carry extremely sensitive information that would cause chaos should the character come forward with any evidence he took with him after escaping from the site. Heck, just giving the Site's location would be a disaster. Once everyone knows, all the amnesiac in the world won't help you.

You can't return or leave behind information.

Yeah, if you have a death wish, perhaps. You fail to provide any method they might have of finding YOU, the D-Class. Also, if the foundation is taking this long to clean up the clusterfuck that has become their primary site, and there are as many Euclid and Keter-level breaches as you claim, how do you know they're going to have a squad to spare to chase down one truck? Even if they spread it all over the place that you should be hunted down and arrested, they still need to actually hunt down and arrest you, which is not easy unless you have agents literally everywhere, which the Foundation doesn't. They don't have agents at every city and every street corner. It would not be hard to find somewhere they have little or no reach or reason to be and stay there for the rest of your life.

also, in response to your link please:

New containment protocol initiated. Both Security Officers ███████ Wilson and ██████ Thomas were diagnosed with eardrum rupture, resulting in deafness. Officer Wilson treated for severe internal bleeding. Both re-assigned. D-4112 was treated for severe internal bleeding, commended for preventing a potentially catastrophic containment breach, and successfully terminated at the end of the month.

I repeat, they don't need to fly around with jets. They aren't going to be able to find you unless they have an updating description of you, your name that you are going by, or a tracking device. SCPs, which are what they have lots of experience at finding and capturing, leave clear signs of their location. A single escaped D-class does not.

Regarding you giving the Site's location - then the Foundation can cover it up with a cover story, as you stated they can do above, and nobody will think anything of it. You, meanwhile, will be known as the person who blew the top on it, which will not only give away your location, but reveals you to be the escaped D-Class, renewing any hunt that might be on for you. The foundation does not have or would not waste the resources required to hunt down one man because he might tell everyone about the radic00l evil organization that contains shit, yo. Nobody would believe that shit. NOBODY. Not unless you could actually show them by taking them there. Don't believe me? Print up SCp-173's page, take it outside, show it to someone, and tell them that the SCP Foundation is real. See what reaction you get.

As for the vehicle he uses, I'm willing to bet he'll get intercepted before he makes it even a quarter of the way to wherever he's trying to go. You can bet that vehicle will have some sort of location device on it, and the Site in the game is not the only one the Foundation has. News of the breach was probably transmitted to the other sites immediately after it happened, and seeing one vehicle speeding away from an area that should have multiple Keter and Euclid level SCPs running around is going to raise suspicion. Send out one squad in a heli, and the joyride is over.

Then don't use a vehicle? Alternately, get away from the site's immediate area and drop it like it's hot. Also, you're assuming that the site is smack dab in the open in a wide open area where such a vehicle is easily seen and contained. The site's location is never disclosed; it could be at the bottom of the Pacific, in the middle of the Nevada desert, or in a Rain Forest in north africa for all anyone knows. There is absolutely no guarantee that the terrain would not favor your escape, either on foot or in a vehicle.

Bottom line being: No matter how he escapes or what he escapes with, this guy could compromise the entire Foundation if he gets even a small group of people to believe him, especially if they're law enforcement or the media due to the information he has. If you think crazy stories like his would never get any notice, well, look at all the conspiracies flying around in the world and the support they get even if they have little to no evidence.

And yet nobody actually believes them, no matter how much so-called support they get. Even if he gets someone to believe him about the radic00l organization what contains shit, they'd have to be really high up to actually do anything about it, and your character would only be killing himself by revealing his position. Sure, he could always join up with one of the enemies of the foundation - which would make sense, considering what they were doing to him and other D-Class - but if he did, he'd probably be either killed or taken under said organization's protection, in which case he's not gonna be easily found by the Foundation.
chitoryu12
Posted: May 4 2012, 06:50 PM

Member No.: 228

I don't find a problem with a "happy" ending so to speak, but if it cut out relatively quickly after something like finding a vehicle and escaping it would allow for any plot holes or unrealistic aspects to be dealt with after you cut to black.
Salamander
Posted: May 4 2012, 07:12 PM

Unregistered

QUOTE (A water cooler @ May 3 2012, 02:56 PM)
The vehicle could have Dr. Gerald in the backseat.

How about Dr. Bright is driving, instead of Dr. Gerald in the back seat?

Dr. Bright would be the only person willing to drive around for no reason during a severe containment breach.
Raphael
Posted: May 4 2012, 11:27 PM

Resident organizational freak

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (A water cooler @ May 4 2012, 06:34 PM)

And yet nobody actually believes them, no matter how much so-called support they get. Even if he gets someone to believe him about the radic00l organization what contains shit, they'd have to be really high up to actually do anything about it, and your character would only be killing himself by revealing his position. Sure, he could always join up with one of the enemies of the foundation - which would make sense, considering what they were doing to him and other D-Class - but if he did, he'd probably be either killed or taken under said organization's protection, in which case he's not gonna be easily found by the Foundation.

Yeah, if you have a death wish, perhaps.  You fail to provide any method they might have of finding YOU, the D-Class.  Also, if the foundation is taking this long to clean up the clusterfuck that has become their primary site, and there are as many Euclid and Keter-level breaches as you claim, how do you know they're going to have a squad to spare to chase down one truck?  Even if they spread it all over the place that you should be hunted down and arrested, they still need to actually hunt down and arrest you, which is not easy unless you have agents literally everywhere, which the Foundation doesn't.  They don't have agents at every city and every street corner.  It would not be hard to find somewhere they have little or no reach or reason to be and stay there for the rest of your life.

I stated that they can simply claim that he is an escaped death row convict and is armed and dangerous. His actual criminal record will speak for itself, and the FBI & the public will be on the lookout. On top of the Foundation being tuned in to various methods of communication around the world, they can quickly react to any potential SCP activity by sending out a MTF. As for how that is similar to finding our convict? They hunt down all leads relentlessly, and once they pick up your trail, they won't let go. Plus, as I said in the case of you taking a Foundation vehicle, they will easily be able to track the vehicle and hunt you down before you can get to safety. This is a top-secret site, you won't be within easy driving distance of a safe place.

My claim of multiple Keter and Euclid level breaches is canon, it's stated by the guy in the intercom at the very beginning of the game. They won't need an entire squad to hunt down the truck, maybe just one or two people. Hell, knowing the Foundation and their security measures they could likely just shut it down remotely.

also, in response to your link please:

That is not a link. A link is taking the URL of a page on the internet and posting it so others can go directly to the page and confirm the information for themselves. Copy and pasting what could potentially be false information is not giving a link.

I repeat, they don't need to fly around with jets. They aren't going to be able to find you unless they have an updating description of you, your name that you are going by, or a tracking device. SCPs, which are what they have lots of experience at finding and capturing, leave clear signs of their location. A single escaped D-class does not.

The Foundation identifies you by a number; why would they need your real name to hunt you down? Also, most SCPs are found and captured based on rumors, leads, or other tips. Not every SCP is found by "oh crap, half of Russia just got blown off the map for apparently no reason. We should go check it out". A class D is a human, who leaves behind human traces. If he was so good at covering his tracks, how did he get caught and put on death row in the first place? If he can't outsmart local law enforcement, how the heck could he outsmart the Foundation?

Regarding you giving the Site's location - then the Foundation can cover it up with a cover story, as you stated they can do above, and nobody will think anything of it.  You, meanwhile, will be known as the person who blew the top on it, which will not only give away your location, but reveals you to be the escaped D-Class, renewing any hunt that might be on for you.  The foundation does not have or would not waste the resources required to hunt down one man because he might tell everyone about the radic00l evil organization that contains shit, yo.  Nobody would believe that shit.  NOBODY.  Not unless you could actually show them by taking them there.  Don't believe me?  Print up SCp-173's page, take it outside, show it to someone, and tell them that the SCP Foundation is real.  See what reaction you get.

A cover story won't do a thing. If the right people got ahold of the information, they'd go check it out regardless of what these other sudden "mysterious rumors" are saying. As for "nobody believing that shit", may I direct your attention to http://www.scp-wiki.net/groups-of-interest. Also, please refrain from telling me to try things like this in real life. Unlike the game, where the SCP Foundation actually exists, the Foundation does not exist in real life and I am not going to run around with an internet page printout regarding something I know is fake. The Class-D knows it is real and can take away evidence proving it, and there are groups who would believe him and would do anything for his information. Skim through the section on that link about the Serpent's Hand.

Then don't use a vehicle?  Alternately, get away from the site's immediate area and drop it like it's hot.  Also, you're assuming that the site is smack dab in the open in a wide open area where such a vehicle is easily seen and contained.  The site's location is never disclosed; it could be at the bottom of the Pacific, in the middle of the Nevada desert, or in a Rain Forest in north africa for all anyone knows.  There is absolutely no guarantee that the terrain would not favor your escape, either on foot or in a vehicle.

There's no guarantee that there will be a vehicle, much less one that hasn't been destroyed that is appropriate for the nearby terrain. The only things about the Site's location that I am assuming is that it is in an out of the way, hard to reach, easily concealable area. Heck, that brings up another good point: how would you know where to go? You could just as easily drive farther away from civilization, giving the Foundation more time to catch up to you. In that same thought train, if the area is hazardous like a desert or underwater, you'd almost certainly die if you left the vehicle and went on foot. You wouldn't want to leave your AC jeep and trek halfway across the rest of the desert. You have no idea where you are or what to be prepared for.

If you don't use a vehicle, your only remaining option is to hope that you find an SCP that has teleportation abilities, and hope that it isn't one that kills you if you use it. Even then, it may not dump you at a favorable location.

And yet nobody actually believes them, no matter how much so-called support they get.  Even if he gets someone to believe him about the radic00l organization what contains shit, they'd have to be really high up to actually do anything about it, and your character would only be killing himself by revealing his position.  Sure, he could always join up with one of the enemies of the foundation - which would make sense, considering what they were doing to him and other D-Class - but if he did, he'd probably be either killed or taken under said organization's protection, in which case he's not gonna be easily found by the Foundation.

See above. You...also described exactly WHY this is such a serious threat to the Foundation: there is a chance the D-class could join up with a rival group, making it nearly impossible for the Foundation to recover the D-class and the data/SCPs he took with him. These organizations aren't going to just up and kill someone with such valuable intel, much less someone who is willing to work for them in exchange for protection.
Delyos
Posted: May 5 2012, 12:16 AM

Unregistered

I agree with shairn.

Have the ending be heartwarming, where our dear d-class somehow brings all the SCPs back to their containment units, fixes everything, and is granted a full pardon by the law and the foundation and therefore set free. He goes home to his family where he eats the first real meal he has had in months and enjoys time with his loved ones. After a long night of catching up, he finally turns in. Right before his eyes close for the last time, you see, in the corner of his vision, a skeletal figure, a large grin plastered across its face. As the screen turns dark, you hear flesh tearing and bones breaking, followed by terrified screams of family members before the game shuts itself off.

It doesnīt really matter a lot if the character escapes alive from the site, because of a simple reason: he heard the bell. Even if he is released or miraculously frees from the foundation, he would eventually die at the moment he goes to sleep.
It is almost incredible that a simple human being (even though he survived the site) can escape a foundation such as this, that captures and contains such creatures. Even if the character manages to escape, the foundation could use another SCP to locate him (perhaps, as I havenīt read all the SCPīs) or find him by the traditional way.
Besides, as a class D personnel, he would have difficulties in hiding himself, as he has the reputation of an ex-convict.
Actually, now that I think it, the foundation might forgive the characterīs life, with security that the bell SCP will get him that night.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1123 seconds | Archive