DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

RH is officially closed as of July 31, 2011.
The board and posts will remain online (as long as Invisionfree allows) as a read-only archive.
Members are encouraged to join Rabbit Addict to continue the habbit. RIP RH!

Rabbitry Plans
AWall
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 08:47 PM

OlivYew Farm

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

While on vacation, I talked to my parents about needing to improve my herd. Right now I only have one PAIR of rabbits, a doe that won't produce, two rabbits who are on hold for someone, and two kits in the box that were born sometime while I was gone.

I have emailed two different breeders, but neither one really wanted to talk to me. One of the breeders is who I got my herd buck from (and the doe who won't produce), he emailed me and said he had two does that I may be interested in and asked when/where I wanted to look at them. I replied and said I'd prefer to visit his rabbitry (just because I like to see how everyone raises their rabbits) and I never heard back - that was 2 months ago. The other breeder talked to me for a while, he said he'd be making a trip to Savannah, GA and I could meet him there. I said I would have to check with my parents because that is a good 4-5 hour drive. After that, he never emailed me back and I checked his for sale page and the rabbits I was planning to get were marked as "sold".

We (my parents and I) had talked about having some rabbits shipped to me. But after a little research, they decided that after our vacation, shipping costs wouldn't be in the budget for the rest of the year. They spent quite a bit more on vacation than they had originally planned on.

So, I plan to corner the first breeder I talked to at a show and see if he has does for sale. He is a nice guy with nice rabbits and always looks for me at shows, I just don't understand why he ignored my emails.

In other good news, my parents are looking for me another dog. I haven't been taking the deaths of Carlito and Denali very well at all - almost everything reminds me of them and then I start to cry. They talked it over with the vet who said it would probably be good for me and a dog that is at least a year old and up to date on vaccinations would be best.

--------------------
user posted image
TeaberryDwarfs2005
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 08:54 PM

Tryin' Out a New Normal... LOPS!

Member No.: 130

That's great that you are planning on getting more rabbits! I had just made the same decission. dance.gif What colors are you looking for? I know exactly how you feel! For a while i had a broken Chinchilla buck, a Tort doe, a Sable doe, and a smoke pearl doe. how's that for a great combo? rolleyes.gif

Ooo! What kind of dog are you planning on getting!!!?? Post pictures when you get him/her. I love dogs. wub.gif

And when you get new rabbits, post pics of them, too. wink.gif

--------------------
Stuck on LOPS!
Falls-Acre
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 08:58 PM

I'm unique! Just like everybody else!!

Member No.: 78

April, be really careful bringing in another dog. Parvo is a rather lon-lasting organism. The vet is right, though some breeds are still a bit more prone than others, even with all their vaccinations. Regardless, I hope you find the perfect needs-a-home dog for you. smile.gif

As for the rabbits, I don't know why people don't respond except that sometimes I will read an e-mail and *mean* to write back, but don't have the time at that moment. Then I tend to forget for a few days. I know, that's bad, cause sometimes it's more than a few days even. oops.gif Doesn't mean anything against the person, just me forgetting about it. So maybe something like that happened. Cornering him at a show sounds like a good idea.

--------------------
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
AWall
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 09:36 PM

OlivYew Farm

Member No.: 6

Teaberry: I'm looking for REWs. That seems to be the color with the best type around here, followed by Otter. As for the dog, we're probably going to get a mixed breed. We called about a Husky/Malamute today, but no one answered. I found an advertisement for a 2 yr old chocolate Lab that I'd love to get, but dad says it would be too hard to keep it out of the pool (like I care if it swims with me??).

I understand about skipping an email, but not seeing it for two months is a little out there to me anyway. I should probably email him again just to be sure everything is actually ok and something bad didn't happen.

By the way, I am also discussing plans to get a few rabbits from Vicki after Convention. Hopefully everything will work out, because I really like her rabbits. I just have to keep tabs on where I spend my money so I have enough to bring them home.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0738 seconds | Archive