InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

RH is officially closed as of July 31, 2011.
The board and posts will remain online (as long as Invisionfree allows) as a read-only archive.
Members are encouraged to join Rabbit Addict to continue the habbit. RIP RH!

Rabbitry Plans
AWall
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 08:47 PM

OlivYew Farm

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

While on vacation, I talked to my parents about needing to improve my herd. Right now I only have one PAIR of rabbits, a doe that won't produce, two rabbits who are on hold for someone, and two kits in the box that were born sometime while I was gone.

I have emailed two different breeders, but neither one really wanted to talk to me. One of the breeders is who I got my herd buck from (and the doe who won't produce), he emailed me and said he had two does that I may be interested in and asked when/where I wanted to look at them. I replied and said I'd prefer to visit his rabbitry (just because I like to see how everyone raises their rabbits) and I never heard back - that was 2 months ago. The other breeder talked to me for a while, he said he'd be making a trip to Savannah, GA and I could meet him there. I said I would have to check with my parents because that is a good 4-5 hour drive. After that, he never emailed me back and I checked his for sale page and the rabbits I was planning to get were marked as "sold".

We (my parents and I) had talked about having some rabbits shipped to me. But after a little research, they decided that after our vacation, shipping costs wouldn't be in the budget for the rest of the year. They spent quite a bit more on vacation than they had originally planned on.

So, I plan to corner the first breeder I talked to at a show and see if he has does for sale. He is a nice guy with nice rabbits and always looks for me at shows, I just don't understand why he ignored my emails.

In other good news, my parents are looking for me another dog. I haven't been taking the deaths of Carlito and Denali very well at all - almost everything reminds me of them and then I start to cry. They talked it over with the vet who said it would probably be good for me and a dog that is at least a year old and up to date on vaccinations would be best.

--------------------
user posted image
TeaberryDwarfs2005
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 08:54 PM

Tryin' Out a New Normal... LOPS!

Member No.: 130

That's great that you are planning on getting more rabbits! I had just made the same decission. dance.gif What colors are you looking for? I know exactly how you feel! For a while i had a broken Chinchilla buck, a Tort doe, a Sable doe, and a smoke pearl doe. how's that for a great combo? rolleyes.gif

Ooo! What kind of dog are you planning on getting!!!?? Post pictures when you get him/her. I love dogs. wub.gif

And when you get new rabbits, post pics of them, too. wink.gif

--------------------
Stuck on LOPS!
Falls-Acre
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 08:58 PM

I'm unique! Just like everybody else!!

Member No.: 78

April, be really careful bringing in another dog. Parvo is a rather lon-lasting organism. The vet is right, though some breeds are still a bit more prone than others, even with all their vaccinations. Regardless, I hope you find the perfect needs-a-home dog for you. smile.gif

As for the rabbits, I don't know why people don't respond except that sometimes I will read an e-mail and *mean* to write back, but don't have the time at that moment. Then I tend to forget for a few days. I know, that's bad, cause sometimes it's more than a few days even. oops.gif Doesn't mean anything against the person, just me forgetting about it. So maybe something like that happened. Cornering him at a show sounds like a good idea.

--------------------
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
AWall
Posted: Aug 3 2006, 09:36 PM

OlivYew Farm

Member No.: 6

Teaberry: I'm looking for REWs. That seems to be the color with the best type around here, followed by Otter. As for the dog, we're probably going to get a mixed breed. We called about a Husky/Malamute today, but no one answered. I found an advertisement for a 2 yr old chocolate Lab that I'd love to get, but dad says it would be too hard to keep it out of the pool (like I care if it swims with me??).

I understand about skipping an email, but not seeing it for two months is a little out there to me anyway. I should probably email him again just to be sure everything is actually ok and something bad didn't happen.

By the way, I am also discussing plans to get a few rabbits from Vicki after Convention. Hopefully everything will work out, because I really like her rabbits. I just have to keep tabs on where I spend my money so I have enough to bring them home.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0753 seconds | Archive