TWO HOURS OF HEART WORK
(A SAD ANNIVERSARY)
Quebec City, February 9th, 2009
A special search event to find Marilyn Bergeron has been organized by her family for Sunday, February 15, 2009. This event will occur from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. It is the hope of Marilyn's family that the search will rekindle awareness of her disappearance, which occurred nearly one year ago on February 17, 2008.
The February 15 blitz, named “Two hours of heart work,” takes place simultaneously in more than 35 Canadian cities, including Montreal, Quebec, Laval, Saguenay, Rimouski, Toronto, Vancouver, and so on.
During the two-hour event, family, friends, and volunteers will distribute flyers that contain the details of Marilyn's disappearance. The purpose of the event is to make the family's search visible again, to seek an indication of Marilyn's whereabouts, and to obtain information which may finally allow the family to find her.
In Montreal, Marilyn Bergeron's sister (Nathalie Bergeron), brother-in-law, and cousin will be at Place Emilie-Gamelin to meet with people and distribute information. In Quebec City, Marilyn's father (Michel Bergeron) will be in charge of the Place d'Youville location. Marilyn's mother (Andrée Béchard) will be at Cafe Depot of Saint-Romuald, the last location where Marilyn was seen on February 17, 2008. The complete list of people in charge and their locations all across Quebec and Canada can be found below.
The family is also supported by the Murdered or Missing Persons' Families' Assocation (MMPFA). People from the association will join the volunteers. Mr. Michel Surprenant, father of Julie Surprenant (missing since 1999), and one of the founding members of the MMPFA association
will be at the Place Emilie-Gamelin in Montreal. Mrs. Andrée Champagne, MMPFA coordinator for Quebec City and the East region for de l'AFPAD pour Québec et la région de l'Est, will be at Café Dépôt of Saint-Romuald.
In Montreal, the objective is to cover all subway stations. For this reason, there will be several meeting places where the flyers will be distributed, and stations will be “assigned” to organizers and volunteers.
The family's call goes out to any and all who can contribute to this effort to find Marilyn. Marilyn's family and friends miss her enormously. For those who cannot take part in the distribution of the flyers, it is asked that you send information from the Internet website http://www.findmarilyn.com
to 15 people who are not aware of the disappearance of the young woman. Also on February 15th, there will be a mighty effort from friends who live elsewhere to send the details of Marilyn's disappearance, including all 50 states of the U.S.A. and many countries in the world. Please note that the Internet website http://www.findmarilyn.com
will be updated with new details that may help with finding Marilyn.
There will be also two press conferences organized by the family of Marilyn Bergeron on February 17, 2009 in Montreal and Quebec. The details of these special press conferences and other events will be revealed via another press release which will be sent on February 10, 2009.
Thank you very much for your help!
The Bergeron Family
Below please find the list of meeting places and schedules for “Two hours of heart work” on February 15th.
Immediate family (3 locations)
1. Place Émilie-Gamelin Montréal, Berri Metro Station - same location as last year. Person in charge: Nathalie Bergeron (sister), Laurent Charbonnel (brother-in-law) et Jennylie Harel (cousin). Track distribution and metro station assignment.
2. Place d'Youville Quebec City - same location as last year. Person in charge: Michel Bergeron (father).
3. Café Dépôt, 655 rue de la Concorde in Saint-Romuald - location where Marilyn was seen for the last time. Person in charge: Andrée Béchard (mother).
Province of Quebec - Meeting Places (19 locations)
4. Montréal, Jean-Talon Metro Station. 755 Rue Jean-Talon E. Person in charge: Marc-André Lavoie.Track distribution and metro station assignment.
5. Montréal, Snowdown Metro Station.5111, Queen Mary Road. Person in charge: Simon St-Gelais.Track distribution and metro station assignment.
6. Québec (Beauport), Promenades Beauport. 3333, rue du Carrefour. Person in charge: Michèle Boulianne.
7. Laval, Montmorency Metro Station.1800, rue Jacques-Tétreault. Person in charge: Janie Brisebois.
8. Longueuil, Longueuil Metro Station. 100, Place Charles Lemoyne. Person in charge: Johanne Dubois.
9.Sherbrooke, Cathédrale St-Michel (at 11:00 AM), Lac des Nations (around noon) et Coin King Ouest et Wellington (until 1:00 PM). Person in charge: Caroline Nadeau.
10. Saguenay (Chicoutimi), Place du Royaume, 1401 boulevard Talbot. Person in charge: Guylaine Bergeron.
11. Saguenay (Jonquière), Place Centre-Ville, 3880 boulevard Harvey. Person in charge: Blanche-Alice Houde.
12. Trois-Rivières, Centre commercial Les Rivières, 4125 boulevard des Forges. Person in charge: Gérald Pelletier.
13. Drummondville, Promenades Drummondville, 755 boulevard René-Lévesque. Person in charge: France Tremblay.
14. Granby, Tim Hortons, 405 route Principale (RT-338). Person in charge: Lucille Dignard.
15. Rimouski, Le Carrefour Rimouski. 419, boulevard Jessop. People in charge: Stéphanie Pelletier et Jovette Béchard.
16. Baie-Comeau, Centre Régional Manicouagan, 600 boulevard Laflèche. Person in charge: Marlène Béchard.
17. Matane, Marché GP. 750, avenue du Phare Ouest. Person in charge: Jean-Marc Béchard.
18. Sainte-Marie-de-Beauce. Les Galeries de la Chaudière,1116, boulevard Vachon Nord. Person in charge: Jacques Guillemette.
19. Bonaventure. Magasin Coop IGA de Bonaventure, 168, avenue Grand-Pré. Person in charge: Emmanuelle Babin.
20.Sept-Îles. Galeries Montagnaises de Sept-Iles. 1005, boulevard Laure. Person in charge: Patricia Skelling.
21.Baie-Saint-Paul. 1, Place de l’Église. Person in charge: Diane Drouin.
22.Baie-Saint-Paul (deuxième endroit). Restaurant Mikes. 945, Monseigneur-de-Laval. Person in charge: Pierre Drouin.
Province of Ontario - Meeting Places (3 locations)
23.Ontario - Toronto, Youge St and Dundas Square. Near 220, Yonge Street. Person in charge: David Bradley.
24.Ontario - New-Liskeard. Wal-Mart. 133 Hwy 11N. People in charge: Caroline Champoux, Roxanne Champoux et Gilles Champoux.
25.Ontario - North Bay. Northgate Shopping Center. 1500 Fisher Street. People in charge: Frédéric et Gloria Chouinard.
Province of New-Brunswick (1 location)
26. Grand-Sault, Atlantique Superstore. 240, Road Madawaska. Responsable: Marguerite Ouellet
Province of British-Columbia (2 locations)
27. Vancouver. Corner of Main Street and 4th. People in charge: Cristina et Kevin
28. Vancouver. Vancouver Art Gallery. 750, Hornby Street. Person in charge: Nicolas Gagnon.
Individual Efforts (15 locations)
British-Columbia - Whistler (one person)
New-Brunswick - Fredericton (one person)
New-Brunswick- Moncton (one person)
Nova Scotia - Darmouth (one person)
Ontario - Cornwall (Jean Bédard, www.missingadults.com)
Ontario - Englehart (3 personnes)
Ontario - Earlton (une personne)
Ontario - New-Liskeard (2 personnes)
Ontario - Etobicoke (two people)
Ontario- Hamilton (six people)
Ontario- Kingston (one person)
Ontario- Lively (one person)
Ontario - North Bay (four people)
Ontario - Toronto (one person)
Ontario - Waterloo (one person)