Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Peregrine Design. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Lemmings
Silverwings
Posted: Dec 13 2006, 07:23 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Here are a few production stills from one of the last sequences of the Lemmings film. I animated all the characters in this sequence.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Silverwings
Posted: Dec 13 2006, 07:23 PM

Administrator

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Silverwings
Posted: Dec 13 2006, 07:54 PM

Administrator

Here are some preproduction sketches. The first is a design I submitted for the Moses lemming, which unfortunately was cut from the final film. I've also included some earlier lemming designs.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Silverwings
Posted: Feb 15 2007, 01:08 AM

Administrator

I keep meaning to do a little more with the Lemmings, just for fun, so maybe I'll get to that soon here. Ah, so much to do, so little time.
RandomGreed
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 01:28 PM

Newcomer

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

you...are...wow...you must have went to some special college for that right?,which one...will I have to learn how to code stuff if I go?

when I saw the old Yoda lookin guy in that other pic,I was thinkin it was good but i'm not too far behind...I was wrong,I saw figure drawings too,great work...i'm gonna go sob in a corner now
Silverwings
Posted: Apr 6 2007, 10:38 PM

Administrator

Welcome to the site, RG!
I went to Brigham Young University to get my Bachelor's of the Fine Arts degree in Computer Animation. This Lemmings film is what I worked on there as my senior project with twenty or so other people. It's primarily an art program, but it's smart to know some math (at least be very familiar with algebra, physics and maybe a little calculus) and some coding.

We were a specialized bunch, with skills in art and math/science/logic. It's best to be comfortable with either... but having skills that focus on one or the other is not bad in any way, it's just nice to know the other side, too. Our program director was fond of saying that we need "both sides of the brain" to truly succeed. It's been my experience that he's right. wink.gif
Lamour
  Posted: Apr 8 2008, 03:50 AM

Unregistered

This is so cute <3333!
Silverwings
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 08:30 PM

Administrator

These critters were a blast to play with. It's almost a shame to toss them off the cliff. wink.gif
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0929 seconds | Archive
The messages here express the views of the author of the message and are not necessarily the views of the administrator of this Board. The administrator will remove any objectionable messages immediately upon being notified concerning objectionable material. We reserve the right to delete any message for any reason at any time.