Welcome!
Welcome to Our Time Begins, a Dr. Who/Torchwood RP set just after series 4 episode 7 of Dr. Who and just after series 2 episode 4 of Torchwood. We are a mixed level and no word count site aimed to have fun and explore Dr. Who and Torchwood in any way our writing takes us.

Plot expansion here...
Useful Info

Quick Login

Statistics
Statistics M F
Aliens 2 1
Humans 2 3
Time Lords 5 2
Torchwood* 3 2
UNIT 0 1
Totals 10 8

Groups with an asterisk (*) are currently not open for anymore members.
C-Box
Staff

Dawn

Evy

Jack
Affiliates

RPG-DThe RPG Collectionredcarpet&&rebellion.The Fireplace: Rolplay And Resources for ALL Players
Time, Space, & Chips Vagabond
Play the Game

Sister sites:
Magical Bonds: an AU Marauder’s era RP
Credits
Skin © The Huntress
Side-bar © Roswenth
Banners © Evy<3
Pips edited by Dawn, but image stock comes from google, etc.
Emotes courtesy of this site here.

IndexSearchHelpMembersCalendarPortal

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy, Jack Harkness' shipper
Captain Jack Harkness
Posted: Oct 29 2011, 06:24 AM

Torchwood 3: Leader
Group Icon

Group: Torchwood
Member No.: 44

background

We all know Jack- the cheeky, immortal ex-Time Agent with a bit of a dangerous reputation. What’s not to love?

friends

If Jack considers you his friend, you have his unfailing loyalty. This may well be a result of his military upbringing- something that may influence his thoughts on betrayal and disobedience as well. He doesn’t trust easily these days, but truly enjoys the company of others- especially his team. Jack usually finds himself more willing to open up with friends than lovers, too, something that may be a product of having too many lovers betray and hurt him (figuratively and literally). He has a knack for finding people as brilliant and disturbed as he is, and has great admiration for courage and intelligence. This is (fairly) open.

enemies

Jack doesn’t really have any enemies, per se. He is never one to do things by halves, though, so if you gain his attention in a bad way, be sure that you will keep it. This is open!

lovers

When it comes to his lovers Jack can be caring and distant by turns, something that stems from his deep fear of abandonment- when those you love are probably going to betray or leave you, and failing that you’ll certainly have to see them die, you tend to be more sparing in your affection. Beneath the slick surface, however, Jack is quite needy. He wants to love (and be loved) full-on, no breaks and no holds barred. As is to be expected, Jack is sexually charged and true to popular belief, often finds the notion of continuous monogamy to be perplexing or quaint. This is not to say he cannot enjoy a committed monogamous relationship, though- he has been married before! Barring someone exceptional or the occasional one-night-stand (threesome, anyone?) this is closed.
by kay of caution and sds
Kalea Marley Wilson
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 12:44 AM

Unregistered

Kalea is the TW1 leader, so these two are sure to have some plottage. I don't know what Jack would think of her, but I think she'd look up to him a bit - she has modeled the London TW on his Cardiff one after all. But don't get me wrong - she's by no means going to be all puppy-dog eyes or bewildered child. If anything, she'd be more stubborn and over-confident because of her admiration.
Owen Harper
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 01:47 AM

Torchwood 3: Doctor
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

F....R....I....E....N.....D....S..... nothing more or less!
Captain Jack Harkness
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 04:21 AM

Group Icon

Jack & Kalea: Yes, I’m certain they’ll have some plottage, and I look forward to it! Jack may be initially sceptical- he was never fond of the other Torchwood branches, especially London. He also hates dealing with authority figures and deferring to other groups (Torchwood, UNIT, etc.), so he may be quite short with her in general, and will definitely throw up his ‘cover’ personality as a safeguard- all brash and loud and flirtatious. He is stubborn and likes to think he knows best, so he may harshly critique her methods at first, especially considering that he will at first still associate her with the old Torchwood London. This may cause some conflict! When he realises she’s doing good, though, he’ll relax and be a little more easy-going and willing to help. Needless to say, in all likelihood he’ll find her quite attractive, so she can expect a few lines directed at her when they first meet.

Jack & Owen: Yes, definitely! I actually think, in addition, that Jack and Owen have one of the most complex relationships on the team. Jack gives Owen quite a lot of free rein, as he is aware that Owen needs it. He lets him work frequently on whatever projects he likes, and trusts Owen to get the work done efficiently and well when it is required. They definitely share a very easy-going, casual work relationship, and Jack does truly love and respect Owen, as he does all his team, and enjoys his friendship. Jack is extremely conscious of what Owen has been through, and feels a certain kinship with him over it. He can see that beneath the fairly rough and reckless surface, Owen is absolutely brilliant, and Jack admires that greatly. It can also be argued that they share a bit of a paternal relationship, with Jack as the gruff but caring father-figure and Owen as the wayward/prodigal son (this is most obvious in End of Days).
Owen Harper
Posted: Oct 30 2011, 05:06 AM

Group Icon

Hush on that parental thing, eh? biggrin.gif

You have it on the nose.

Susan
Posted: Dec 15 2011, 10:55 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Time Lady
Member No.: 35

ALRIGHT. Let's do this.

You should already know my chars. (Susan, Amelia App Plot Page, David App Plot Page). So I'll try to keep it short and not repeat myself ;__;

Susan:
fun-loving, outgoing, needs to be entertained, open for anything (fun), also especially sex
Can either be a random fun thread or they could end up friends. She would certainly take a liking to him if he's friendly to her, cause he'd entertain her enough then. She would also show her best side then and it may get to a deeper emotional level, but well, whatever you want. She can turn up anywhere since she's a time lady.

Amelia:
also outgoing, but in a "rough" way, can be (unintended) mean, dislikes dishonest or mean people
Could also be a fun thread, he gets on her bad side bc she misunderstands him or something. They could also end up friends, but somehow I imagine them becoming acquaintances at best. It would have been interesting if we had used Owen's idea here with the alien and everything, but maybe we could find something similar? Making it hard.

David:
very understanding, calm, stays true to his principles
Just acquaintances here I think. David would respect him as a superior (as soon as he'd know). He's in TW by the way? xD Unless Jack wants to prove him I can't see happening much. He'd be calm, but as a superior he just wouldn't see him on a friends level though of course that could change at some point.
Captain Jack Harkness
Posted: Dec 15 2011, 11:44 PM

Group Icon

I'll try not to repeat myself in terms of Jack's personality here, so things may be quite short as well...

Jack & Susan: While- as I’m sure you’re aware- Jack isn’t very trusting around strangers, he is actually more comfortable around non-human species. Perhaps he doesn’t feel like he has quite so much to hide, or something along those lines. I think Jack would be relatively willing to talk to her on the basis of this alone.

Jack also really enjoys a bit of harrowing (and always fun) adventure, so this is always an option. He may be quite cautious, however, as the last thing he wants is to accidentally reveal Torchwood’s existence (though that’s really a lost cause at this point) or, especially, his immortality. There’s also the question of whether Susan, being a Time Lady, may harbour some intrinsic dislike towards Jack (akin to the way the Doctor behaves around him) due to him being a ‘fixed point’. That would be interesting. Also, while Jack is pretty committed at the moment, he does have a strange fixation regarding Time Lords (if you haven’t noticed), so with a bit of persuasion he might end up having a one-night-stand with her. I don’t think he could live with himself if he let that opportunity slip! He also really enjoys the company of intellectuals, so they could develop a friendship over time based on this.

Jack & Amelia: Jack is a very stubborn, proud man, and I can see these two conflicting a bit over this. He isn’t likely to go out of his way to please her or anything like that, but he doesn’t want to go around upsetting anyone either, so he’s probably going to be quite civil unless she gets him fired up about something. I also can’t really see them meeting unless it’s for something Torchwood-related (or something like you suggested). Jack doesn’t really get out and about much! Like you said, I think they’d probably only be acquaintances.

Jack & David: Jack isn’t very trusting of the other Torchwood branches, and accepts the need for them only grudgingly. Because of this, he’d be pretty short with David, but he would have some respect for David’s understanding of the chain of command! Likewise, I can’t see them meeting outside of a Torchwood-related situation.

(Sorry for the shortness here! So…looks like Susan is the way to go in terms of plotting!)

The Master
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 01:46 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Time Lord
Member No.: 15

The Master & Jack--Well, we know their brief history. The Master clearly is rather gleeful over the fact that he can kill Jack over and over and over and over again. Right now, he's just sort of laying low, trying to get back up on his feet. Of course, an unexpected run-in with Jack might change all of that. I'm sure the captain would think he was up to something. A potential idea is Jack could drag the Master to the Hub to keep an eye on him until the Doctor stops by on one of his refueling trips since Jack really has no way to contact the Doctor himself. 'Tis just an idea, though. I'm willing to listen to anything you may come up with!
Owen Harper
Posted: Dec 16 2011, 10:35 PM

Group Icon

There is sleep stasis we can put him in Jack rolleyes.gif
Martha Jones
Posted: Dec 21 2011, 06:18 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: U.N.I.T
Member No.: 50

Dr. Martha Jones is sweet, determined to do good and be the best person she can be, a little bit sarcastic, cynical, and humorous, sometimes a little out of her depth when she faces a really big problem, serious and solemn when she's on a mission, and otherwise not opposed to having a fun, good time.

She met Jack when traveling with the Doctor and was shocked by his ability to come back to life, she sympathized with him as they had their own Doctor-related problems, he knew Rose and that made her uncomfortable, he helped her and the Doctor out during one of their most difficult times, she trusts him to be her friend and she hopes she can do right by him as well. They share the memory of the Year That Never Was, and they have met occasionally since that experience--sometimes to talk, once or twice to assist Torchwood in an endeavor. However, right now she is on an unofficial mission from UNIT that might put her at odds with Torchwood and Jack. She hopes to reconcile their allegiances.
Toshiko Sato
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 07:59 AM

Torchwood 3: Technical expert
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

Heeey 8D I just have to ask you this, do you know Karen Chance? She's my favourite author and just AWESOME. *just read a short story from her* Happiness <33

Okay, to Jack and Toshiko biggrin.gif :
I believe their relationship is full of silent respect. She's been with him longest and therefore I believe they've already achieved a routine in their way of handling things/their relationship. I recoil from changing that because it just seems too convenient, too unrealistic for it to change after all these years and I would only do it if the plot requires it.
Therefore I suggest we just display their current relationship, which I think will be a bit weird because Tosh is rather reserved and Jack won't push her too strongly to tell him about herself. Currently I can only see them talking about something work-related and then eventually a short dialogue about how they feel if something happened which might influence their emotional state, like death or whatever.
So when something special happens we could exploit that and throw them together to talk about it. But as nothing's on right now I'd suggest we maybe let them meet up in group and then Tosh can drop things about herself now and then.
Something like that anyway. I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something, but that's at least my opinion for now!
Captain Jack Harkness
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 08:28 AM

Group Icon

Ahhhh, I recognize the name, I swear, but I'm not getting anything else. Why is she your favourite?

Anyway! On to this! XD

Jack & Toshiko: I agree, for the most part. Tosh doesn't push the boundaries when it comes to Jack very often at all- in contrast to the others, who always are, in their own ways. They respect each other's privacy, and Tosh usually respects the chain of command, too. That's the thing: they really are both very private people, I think, in different ways, and they can see that in each other and respect it. Jack doesn't talk about himself or his past often or easily, and he trusts Tosh to understand that.

I agree with your comment regarding the handling of their relationship, too: they have known each other for a long time, and they know how things work with each other. They have a nice balance figured out, and I don't think they're going to change it.

Some other things:

Jack really respects Tosh, and he's very fond of her. When he hired her, he knew how clever she was, how innovative, how brave and strong (even if she is a tad soft-spoken). He knows he can trust Tosh to do what's right, even if he has to be there to give her that little extra push sometimes. Jack is so fond of Tosh. She's clever, and resourceful, quiet (to offset his loud) and intellectual. Those are qualities that Jack likes. He likes to encourage her intellect, too, so often offers her challenges through her work and gives her space to work on her own projects.

I can see these two talking quietly about literature, or quantum physics, or history, or something existential. There seems to be the possibilty for that kind of relationship, because as well as being co-workers, they *are* also friends. They may not have realised that! They would need something work-related to initiate that, though, as you said.

I think most threads we'll have between them will be work-related and team-oriented, based on that. I'd like to have a work-oriented thread with just the two of them, though. Late-night artefact retrieval wherein Jack shows Tosh the wonders of the universe or something XD

Okay, I'm off to have dinner! I may have missed something, feel free to point it out, lovely.
Ianto Jones
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 10:43 PM

Torchwood 3: Field op/support
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Ianto and Jack:

Okay! So I've been away for a while but I'm getting back in there!

So Jack and Ianto are, shall we say, casual lovers? Ianto probably feels more for the Captain than the Captain does for him, but that's life and Ianto never seems to catch a break. XD

Anyway! I have a thread idea. Perhaps it's the anniversary of Lisa's death and Ianto has gone a whole day, calm faced and as hard to read as always. What goes through that guy's mind, no one knows. (Something he and Jack have in common---something of enigmas, atleast, in my opinion).

So at the end of the day, when everyone's gone home, Ianto may have wandered down to where Lisa died.

And there we have it! Plus it could turn into a Jack/Ianto mission going after an alien or something (hell maybe it was sighted by Ianto's siter, drama drama exciting. 8D)

What do you think? I was thinking all about this on the bus the other day, just excited to have an idea for him after so much musedeath. 8D
Captain Jack Harkness
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 11:13 PM

Group Icon

Jack & Ianto: I am too tired to get into a discussion about these two right now (it's too damn draining thinking about these two screw-ups and their screwed-up relationship), so I'm going to discuss plot ideas instead tongue.gif

I do like that idea, and I'm happy that you're getting back into the swing of things! It would be a nice chance for some dialouge-heavy, quasi-emotional posts, which would be nice. But alien hunting! Yes! That's always fun, especially if there is drama. I could go on at length about how I think your idea is a good one, but I won't biggrin.gif

So yes. Go for it. I'm a little swamped with uni work and studying right now, if you haven't noticed, but it would still be nice to do, if you don't mind me being a bit slow.
Ianto Jones
Posted: Mar 7 2012, 11:57 PM

Group Icon

Of course, they are a bit of a complication of themselves. For future times. biggrin.gif

I have started the topic click here and it came out longer than anticipated. I dunno if it's any good, I hate starting, it's hard. XD If there's anything amiss just let me know. Hopefully he's in character and all that jazz. I suck at description as well, so it may be lame.

Not a problem, I know the feeling of busyness. xD

EDIT: Oho, interesting...was reading wikipedia:

There it is revealed that Ianto and Jack are having a sexual relationship, after Ianto propositions Jack.

Do you think this means this started before Keep Killing Suzie? Ahh words, they can be confusing on the mind.
Captain Jack Harkness
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 09:12 PM

Group Icon

I always thought, personally, that they actually started having a sexual relationship (and like, absolutely nothing else) way before Cyberwoman. I think it was Ianto's way of getting into Torchwood, and his way of keeping Jack oblivious to his suspect actions and to Lisa. I also think it explained Jack's very personal-seeming fury at finding out what Ianto had been doing: he realised that he'd been thinking with his cock instead of his head again when it came to hiring Ianto, and as a consequence had his weaknesses exploited by a clever guy. He'd been played and used quite spectactularly, and I don't think there's anything he hates more than that.

But yeah, some people disagree. I know for certain that that's what Gareth thinks, though- I remember him saying it at the panel I saw him at. So, actor's headcanon is usually the way I go.
Ianto Jones
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 09:43 PM

Group Icon

Whooa, really? That makes me think of a fanfic I've read! I'm happy to go with that and I will need to edit my post. XD That's quite funny really how it parallels this fic, kinda freaky. *o* Yes I can see why it'd be such a personal insult. But Ianto being a sneaky little bugger...yes definitely. >D

Yeah, Ianto would do anything for love, it was clear in Cyberwoman, poor guy. </3

Omg...just had another random idea...Ianto gets kidnapped. How does Jack react. Dun dun dun. Sorry, I come up with insane and/or weird plots sometimes. XD

Captain Jack Harkness
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 10:08 PM

Group Icon

Yeah, it's a common idea in the fandom biggrin.gif Probably because it's such a good one! Haha, yeah, poor Ianto was pretty damn devoted. Have you seen the theories about Cyberwoman being based off of/using the same basic tropes as Oedipus Rex? It's interesting.

Ahh, you have so many ideas suddenly! It's good. But yeah, that's a classic idea. I don't mind doing that one, so long as it's done well and is not too sappy.
Ianto Jones
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 10:42 PM

Group Icon

I dunno what Oedupus Rex is. xD

I've edited it now. :]

I know! Gosh I'm finally getting there! And yeah we'll try and make sure it's well done!

---

Alright! Jack and Ianto's complicated relationship.

So far:

->Ianto and Jack have been canoodling since the start (I mean, dude, the way Ianto and Jack were rolling together when catching Myfanwy, there was a look XD).

->I've always had Ianto thinking of their relationship as complicated/something/whatever it was they had. He doesn't believe it's exclusive. He assumes it's open (on Jack's part, I dunno what it'd take for Ianto to do anything with someone else).

->I am not sure whether they have discussed their relationship. Possibly not. They've had a date (or more, who knows) and stuff, Jack's allowed free pass to Ianto's flat whenever he likes.

Questions so far:

-Has Ianto seen his room?
-How much does Ianto know about Jack? Did he know about his immortality before Cyberwoman?
-How serious do you reckon it is? Ianto's starting to have proper feelings for him and it's also eating him a little with his love for Lisa and now Jack. How deep does Jack feel?

--

I'll leave there for now plus mind's gone blank.
Captain Jack Harkness
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 11:32 AM

Group Icon

Thank you for taking the time to write this up biggrin.gif My brain just isn't functioning. Okay!

-Yeah, they've definitely been having a pretty messed-up casual/sexual relationship since pretty near the start. We've got that down, at least!

- I personally think that Ianto's reading way too much into it. He assumes (perhaps rightly, based on Jack's reputation) that their 'relationship' is an open one, and by extension it doesn't mean much to Jack. He called it 'dabbling' because he pretty much felt like that was what it was. I'm fairly sure he want it to be more than that- would you agree? On the other hand, he might be cautious because he doesn't trust Jack. Hell, Jack doesn't trust Jack. I don't know. Jack, on the other hand, is working on the assumption that their relationship is fairly primary. He doesn't really mind if it's not open, but he hasn't discussed this with Ianto, either. I don't think he'd really go out and sleep with someone if they hadn't discussed that. Maybe not even if they had. He's all bark and no bite, really.

-I don't think they have discussed their relationship. Perhpas they've had stunted, aborted attempts to talk about it, and perhaps they want to talk about it, but they won't. I don't think they go out often- they're too busy for that. I also don't think Jack is ready to accept that he actually wants Ianto's company/friendship/whatever. He doesn't really want to admit that their relationship is changing, though it obviously is. I think Jack has a key to Ianto's flat- whether he's actually welcome all the time is another question XD

Answers to questions:
-Yeah, he has. How often is up to you. I don't think he ever stays there long- it's too cramped, etc.
- Ianto doesn't know that much. He knows what's in the archives, which isn't much. He gets pillowtalk tidbits from Jack, but they could be lies or half-truths or whatever. He does know a few things about the Doctor, though, that he got from Jack. I think Ianto suspected Jack's immortality before Cyberwoman, but a common convention is that he didn't realise it or accept it till Out of Time, when Jack died in Ianto's car. Your thoughts?
-Jack doesn't know what to think right now. It's very confusing for him XD He wants something casual, really, because it's easier, but on a deeper level he really wants a proper relationship with someone. He knows he's starting to get too far deep into this relationship, and he knows that it's going to wound him deeply when Ianto dies. He hasn't let himself consider the prospect of love yet, but give him (a lot of) time.

Some questions:
-Do they talk? Like, really talk, about non-work-related things, like favourite poets or life on other planets?
-Do they ever spend the night together? I really don't have an answer to this one, so I'm hoping you do.
-Does Ianto care about monogamy?
Ianto Jones
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 11:54 AM

Group Icon

- biggrin.gif

-Yes, Ianto probably does think too much. He's a 21st century human who has always been a straight-laced (well ignoring the one time he shoplifted, but call that a bout of rebelliousness) guy who wouldn't cheat, date more than one, etc. Kinda traditional. Ish. Obviously there was the fact that he was in a relationship with his half converted girlfriend and seducing (or whatever) Jack to keep her secret. I am not sure whether he told this to Lisa. And the guilt he had from this was probably phenominal. We see Ianto so steadfast and hiding his emotions so much, and good at hiding stuff, that it's easy for him to hide things.

And I've gone off the rails and off on a tangent. Er? Yes. He overthinks. Jack's from a more open and promiscuous time, so they probably have some difficulty understanding each other sorta. Ianto is probably the type to want more, he is starting to have some feelings for Jack, but then, our current topic shows him in a state of grief. Otherwise he doesn't show these feelings, carries on with the casualness of their dabbling.

-Yeah you can see them being interrupted by the rift/getting too frisky and throwing the mush outta the window/etc. Ianto is also understanding of Jack's situation and doesn't pressure him. Unlike Gwen and possibly others who want info, Ianto lets him tell or not tell whatever the hell he likes and wishes for the same in return (they're both so private! Another thing they have in common).

Ianto probably likes some privacy, but then he's given a key. He's probably given the 'don't abuse it' policy. So it's probably on a needs basis, emergency, or something. Might need to think more on this (I'm quite happy with the idea of him having given him a key though so all good there!)

--

I think it would be interesting if Ianto had suspected and just not cared enough to question him. I think Ianto would rarely question Jack's reasons, etc. with some exception, of course. He respects Jack, his need to keep his privacy and also knows Jack is not without flaws. He was unconscious and thus didn't technically see him die and come back until Out of Time, though whether he could have seen this before, I don't know. I mean, we saw selected stories, but obviously shows never show their every move.

I think Ianto, even if he thought Jack would return his feelings, there would be the immortality vs. mortality thing and Ianto probably wouldn't say anything regarding his own feelings or the potential of Jack's.

--

- I could imagine they do, I could imagine them laying somewhere watching the stars and just talking (okay, that seems a bit romanticised, whoops, ignore that maybe XD). But anyway yeah I imagine they talk. I mean, maybe not the completely personal things. I'm not sure Ianto has even told Jack much about his family. When in canon did Ianto mention his father was a master tailor? Gosh, Ianto, naughty naughty, lying about that. XD Well, ok, it's not really that far off the mark really.

-Perhaps, yeah. This could be related to the above question where they talk and all.

-In the past he was a committed man, to one woman, etc. Nowadays, sure, he probably only dabbles with Jack. He also understands that Jack may or may not kiss/or more with another person/other people and he doesn't care. He knows they're casual.

--

-Did Jack ever tell Ianto about the Year that never was? I mean, it was such a traumatic year for Jack, I'm wondering if he ever got it off his chest. But then, Jack doesn't really talk much about himself, so it could go either way. I'll let you decide that. <3

Alrighty gonna have to finish there, mind's gone blank! u_u
The Doctor
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 09:57 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 60

The Doctor and Jack:

Well, these two go back a while. Good friends at heart, not without problems. Of course, since Jack became a fact, the Doctor finds it difficult to look at him now. However, he's still a good friend and despite their first meeting, the Doctor can rely on him. There is the little thing about Torchwood, but I think at some point Jack should show him around and further reassure him of their good intentions.

There is also the fact that both are long-living and have to watch those they love age and die while they live on. I think the Doctor understands this and knows what Jack is going through. It is just difficult because he is wrong.

In a nutshell.

Any ideas?
Martha Jones
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 12:11 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

I agree with the idea of the Doctor going on a tour of Torchwood--very interesting to have him around for a little while, see what Jack and his gang have been up to. He's not going to be happy about the Weevils, although what is he going to do about it?

I have a fanfiction story about the 11th Doctor rescuing Jack when he's buried underneath Cardiff, and explaining to Amy that Torchwood 3 cleans up the mess in Cardiff. Jack's handling a volatile state where aliens and humans intersect, the Doctor can't deal with all of the problems and disasters in time and space, and Jack's handling mundane day to day affairs as well--the Doctor would never be able to handle that.

The Torchwood establishment also never really trusted the Doctor, even though Jack tried to make things different in Cardiff. (I bet Ianto would have something to say about the Doctor, though.)

That's my idea of the Doctor and Jack together--a bit at odds with each other.

Captain Jack Harkness
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 12:13 AM

Group Icon

Jack & The Doctor: Yeah, these two definitely have some problems. They are friends, though, despite everything. And yes, the Doctor can definitely trust Jack. Jack admires the Doctor so much- he'd do anything for him, I think. He's a little bit bitter when it comes to the Doctor these days, though.

Jack wants to help the Doctor, and admires him, and wants to please him all the time. Hell, Jack's in love with him. So it's pretty hard to have the Doctor ignore him, and scorn him, and all the rest of it. The Doctor's used Jack to do his dirty work before, too, and Jack's noticed that. So he wants to be bitter, wants to dislike the Doctor, but he just can't. Most of the time, Jack is only doing what he feels is best. He doesn't enjoy the hard choices he has to make. The Doctor doesn't enjoy the choices he has to make, either. I think he kinda wishes that the Doctor wouldn't get so angry with him about things like that, because Jack knows damn well that the Doctor has to do the same things sometimes.

I do think that their relationship is getting easier, though, as time goes on. You're right, they do have a lot in common, and maybe the Doctor's started to realise that. They do share a lot of qualities and duties, so I think that makes things easier.

And yes, the Torchwood thing is a problem. The Doctor hasn't really seen the differences between Torchwood One and Torchwood Three yet, and he still thinks that Torchwood=evil. But Jack's been trying damn hard to rebuild Torchwood into something good and something the Doctor could admire. I think if he saw that, the Doctor wouldn't be quite so distrusting. There's still the gun thing, though. I'm sure he doesn't like that. Perhaps a tour is in order at some point?

Hrm. I'm not coming up with many ideas, either. You could always just have him needing to refuel, you know. And then something exciting happens.
The Doctor
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 10:42 AM

Group Icon

Member No.: 60

Ianto would have some funny comment as always. And tea. The Doctor would like him for his tea. (That's a point, has the Doctor drank coffee? I know he likes tea. God I really like the Christmas Invasion, I've seen it probably more than any other episode XD).

The Doctor on the Weevils. Well, they've not killed them, but they can't be let loose. The Doctor would probably be a bit iffy at first, but I honestly see no other way for them to be kept and the Doctor would probably realise that, yes, there is no other way. He could probably understand their...language. Perhaps he would offer to take them home? (From the wiki it suggests they are not Earth origin, and chances are the Doctor may know about them and such)

Yes, it seems that while the Doctor does his best to do good, some people get hurt in the process. One day these two need to sit down and chat. Perhaps Jack could vent his issues (if he was wont to do) and such that he has with the Doctor, and heck maybe about life in general. I think the Doctor probably feels the guilt about what happened to Jack. In a way, it was his fault. Even though he could not have done anything different. If Rose had not destroyed the Daleks, the universe would be in real trouble right now and I'm sure Jack understands that.

The real thing is: The Doctor knows it's risky to take people around with him, but he still does so anyway, possibly telling them of the risks (I would like to think so anyway XD). He's selfish. But a lot of people do have a little selfishness about them.

Ok, tangent over. XD

Their relationship will get better; they have both done some rather questionable things and perhaps deep down Jack knows this. (Used Jack to do his dirty work, can you refresh my memory? Don't worry, I'm not completely incompetent it's just been a little while since I watched certain crucial episodes. Too busy complaining about the new serieses).

I am thinking the Doctor is going to meet Toshiko, and depending on what happens, he may start to understand a little about the new Torchwood, if Toshiko were to help his understanding. But yes! The Doctor needs a tour, I'm sure Jack will have no problem giving him the grand tour. biggrin.gif

Guns, yes, he hates those. He knows Jack well enough by now that he won't be getting the other man to drop the guns. (I love it when he switches his gun for a banana).

I'll see what happens with Toshiko and go from there. <3
Sarah Jane Smith
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 01:45 PM

Group Icon

Group: Human
Member No.: 53

Jack & Sarah Jane:
Friends, for sure. I mean, how could they not be? They have a mutual friend and all. They make good allies and I think Sarah Jane would be glad to have him on her side in any dangerous situation. Ideas?
Jenny Smith
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 10:24 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 67

Jenny
AND CAPTAIN JACK
So I had a lot of random, wild ideas, some of which Jack would fit perfectly into. Main one of that would be Jenny crashlanding on Earth after coming through the fissure. She'd be all innocent, cheery and confused (after all, crashing can't be too comfy and healthy) and I kinda hoped that Torchwood might take her under their wings for a bit. Maybe she'd mention the Doctor, Donna or Martha early on to prompt a reaction like that, anyway, I was thinking she could shake up the dynamics a little. Flirt with Jack (because honestly, he's hot and I finally have a char that can flirt with him) until he finds out she's the Doctor's Daughter, annoy Owen, perhaps even get Tosh in tight leather pants one day talk tech with Tosh... You catch the drift tongue.gif Anyway, she would need the permission of the team leader for that tongue.gif
ty brooklyn at
caution and
atf
Martha Jones
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 10:36 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Jenny--you don't have a character shipping page yet, but both Donna and Martha met Jenny briefly in the episode The Doctor's Daughter.

Martha and Donna witnessed the creation of this Doctor clone. Then Martha got separated from the others for a little while (she was on the opposite side of a cave-in with the Fish People) and trekked across a barren landscape, losing her Fish friend in the process, managing to catch up with the Doctor, Donna, and Jenny just as they discovered the planet seeder--the egg that would make a barren planet habitable for all, human and fish. Martha also witnessed Jenny getting shot, and--

In any case, Martha would recognize Jenny when they meet face to face again, and immediately call the Doctor, or as soon as she could.
Jenny Smith
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 04:56 PM

Group Icon

Jenny
AND CAPTAIN JACK
Here is Jenny's first thread, if you're interested. It'd make a perfect opportunity to find her tongue.gif

Anyways, just thought I'd mention it xD @ Martha, check both your own shipping page and your inbox wink.gif

ty brooklyn at
caution and
atf
Captain Jack Harkness
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 06:43 AM

Group Icon

Jack & Sarah Jane: Yeah, these two probably do have a good chance at ending up friends. Right now, Jack has been following what Sarah Jane has been doing closely, and quite admires her work and methods. Even if they don’t end up having too much in common, they both know the Doctor, and they’re both involved in similar work, and that’s enough to get Jack to admire her quite a bit. They’re definitely potential allies, yeah. As for ideas- if you could get Sarah Jane down to Cardiff, investigating something, that might be enough. It can be assumed that Torchwood would be investigating the same thing, and they might run into each other like that. I’m not very good at coming up with ideas right now, sorry XD

Jack & Jenny: I…honestly don’t know what Jack would think of Jenny. I guess I’ll just play it as it comes. I’m totally happy to have Jenny meet Torchwood after she falls through the Rift/Fissure/whatever, though. Martha’s already jumped into that thread, so I’ll have Jack jump in next, probably with Tosh. They’ll be there in just a few posts, promise tongue.gif After that, if you have any ideas, let me know. I know you’d like her to stay with Torchwood. It all depends on what happens in the thread, though. Jack isn’t the most trusting of fellows, but a good name-drop should give him pause XD So we’ll play it as it comes, I suppose.
Jenny Smith
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 12:24 PM

Group Icon

I'm at school so no interest in copying fancy template, but I honestly haven't planned that far ahead yet either way. But I kinda liked thinking how Jenny'd interact with Torchwood, so I sorta saw them as a 'training house'; help her understand this world a little and then let her go to her thing out there or get out. A week, maybe two, along those lines. Just temporary. TW is perfect as it is, in my opinion ;P Wouldn't want to impose. And, honestly, I'm also pretty much hoping that Jenny's muse jijacks my keyboard and figures out some brilliant ideas xD Anyways, looking forward to it ^^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

'TWO BLUSHING PILGRIMS' skinned by THE HUNTRESS/JULIE/NORTHERLYWIND of RPG-D.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4968 seconds | Archive