Welcome!
Welcome to Our Time Begins, a Dr. Who/Torchwood RP set just after series 4 episode 7 of Dr. Who and just after series 2 episode 4 of Torchwood. We are a mixed level and no word count site aimed to have fun and explore Dr. Who and Torchwood in any way our writing takes us.

Plot expansion here...
Useful Info

Quick Login

Statistics
Statistics M F
Aliens 2 1
Humans 2 3
Time Lords 5 2
Torchwood* 3 2
UNIT 0 1
Totals 10 8

Groups with an asterisk (*) are currently not open for anymore members.
C-Box
Staff

Dawn

Evy

Jack
Affiliates

RPG-DThe RPG Collectionredcarpet&&rebellion.The Fireplace: Rolplay And Resources for ALL Players
Time, Space, & Chips Vagabond
Play the Game

Sister sites:
Magical Bonds: an AU Marauderís era RP
Credits
Skin © The Huntress
Side-bar © Roswenth
Banners © Evy<3
Pips edited by Dawn, but image stock comes from google, etc.
Emotes courtesy of this site here.

IndexSearchHelpMembersCalendarPortal

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Getting acquainted, Armand
Skye Garner
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 03:09 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Time Lord
Member No.: 16

The sky above Los Angeles was a clear blue as it had been all morning. Skye stepped out of his TARDIS and slipped his sunglasses on. He set off down the sun-kissed streets towards a cafe. The place resembled one of those old-fashioned diners from the films. Only with a better paint job. It had a cool and refreshing look about it which was just as well for someone looking for a nice cold milkshake.

Skye stepped inside and glanced around. It was fairly busy not jam packed though which was nice He took a seat in a booth and looked out at the sunlit city. Say what you would bout Los Angeles but it was beautiful.

A waitress appeared and he ordered a milkshake.
Armand von Brandt
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 10:16 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 23

Armand had some old music on inside his TARDIS and he tapped the console in rhythm to it. Then his TARDIS landed and he opened his eyes, tapping the screen and seeing what the problem was. Aha. An alien in an American diner. Like he hadn't seen that before. He switched off the music and ran out of his TARDIS, which had decided to become a toilet cubicle.

He came out of the men's and walked a little before looking around. Just the one customer. Good. Armand had his Time Lord-iness completely closed off, so he couldn't tell the other guy was also a Time Lord. He watched the waitress take a milkshake to the guy and Armand clicked his penchanger, realising the problem.

Just before Skye got a sip from the milkshake Armand clicked again and the milkshake half-exploded, half flew from his hand. Armand ran over to the smashed glass, thankfully hadn't hit the guy, and cupped his hands over the little jelly colourless thing that had been inside it. He shoved it into his pockets as the waitress came over.

"What the hell happened?" She asked.

Armand had pulled out a rat inconspicuously from his pocket. "Sorry, but I overheard some idiots laughing about how they'd put a rat in your milkshake machine...make sure to throw away all the milkshake and thoroughly disinfect the machine...I'll pay for damages," Armand said.
Skye Garner
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 01:46 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

As much as Skye enjoyed drinking milkshake, wearing it was quite another matter. The glass exploded, the pressure propelling it away from Skye but unfortunately the milkshake was not so kind. The chocolatey froth ended up all down the front of his jacket, making him jump up. Skye noticed Armand grab something and hide it.

Skye turned to the waitress as Armand explained what happened. The waitress went to sort the machine out and get new drinks. Skye turned to the stranger "Funny that. You seemed to put one thing away and pull another out. Didn't look like the thing that was in my drink had a tail," Skye said good naturedly. "But even so, thanks."
Armand von Brandt
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 02:15 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Armand watched as the waitress went to sort it out and looked down at his little pet before looking up at the customer. Armand grinned. "Nice observation. Rattata here doesn't like chocolate milkshake," Armand said, putting the rat back into his pocket. He brought out of his other pocket a little jelly thing. It had no colour, and looked like a cross between a jellyfish and a jelly baby (shape-wise).

"One sip of milkshake with this in it and you'll be loopy for months. Hopefully no one has actually drank any," Armand said. He looked up at the human. Or rather, who he thought was human. He didn't seem panicked. He smirked at his milkshake-covered top and reached over, slid his finger over some and put it to his tongue. He made a face and looked like he was trying to get the taste of out his mouth. "You would have been down in seconds. Blergh." Time Lords were immune to it.
Skye Garner
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 04:48 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Skye smirked at the guy. "Oh please don' tell me you're a fan of Pokemon...?" he joked and looked at the jelly thing before smiling. Well I must say it's been a while since I've seen that substance..." He knew it was safe to say that to a human since strange things were happening anyway.

Skye smiled at the memory of his friend being addicted one. He watched as the guy tasted it. "Not you then?"

He removed his long jacket. His clothes underneath were okay thankfully. He ran a hand through his hair to check for any milkshae bits.
Armand von Brandt
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 05:14 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"I didn't feel Fluffy was appropriate," Armand joked. "Pokemon's not that bad, it just gets tedious after collecting all six hundred and forty-nine pokemon, defeating all the badges and leagues and everyone."

He looked up at Skye with a quirked up eyebrow. "Sounds like you're aware of alien entities, this isn't just a substance, it's a living thing...far from home, the little thing."

Armand grinned. "I'm immune to it, special little me," Armand said.
Skye Garner
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 08:20 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Skye smirked at the fluffy comment. "Perhaps jello would more appropriate?" he joked and moved to have a better look. He could see now it was a creature. He frowned down at it.

"I've had dealings in the past but I assumed it was a substance on the basis that it's used as a drug when in actuality it is a creature that secretes the drug. Poor thing. Does it seem harmed and how the hell did it get in the machine unless someone put it there?"

Skye looked up at the guy. "Me too but I know someone who did become addicted to this substance."
Armand von Brandt
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 10:23 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Jello? For a rat? No. Rattata is my rat's name, not this," Armand said, gesturing the jelly creature when he said 'this.' The rat squeaked and he sshh'd it. Now was not the time for the rat's opinion.

"No human can get addicted to this stuff, that involves them being conscious while the effects are in play..." Armand said, looking up at Skye. He was getting the feeling the other man wasn't human.

"Nope, this little Iddioplem is fine and dandy, if a little tired. It's what you get for steeping in chocolate, eh? The stuff makes you sleepy," Armand said. "Thank Gallifrey, or it'd be harder to hold." He put the creature in the other pocket to the rat.
Skye Garner
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 11:16 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Skye laughed. "Yeah, I think I changed subjects mid thought." he mused and looked at the rat. "Why can't you carry it around in a box?" he asked mildly. "Lucky that waitress didn't freak out when she saw it," Skye said with a small smile. He looked down at the rat. "Kinda cute little guy."

"Oh believe me a human friend of mine managed it," Skye said seriously. "Though I suspect he was taking other substances which might have been keeping him awake," he murmured. "Not his finest hour, got to say."

Skye looked at the Iddioplem then looked up at Armand thoughtfully. "You said Gallifrey.... Time Lord?" he asked. "It would explain your immunity."
Armand von Brandt
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 12:51 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Rattata doesn't like boxes," Armand said, reaching in to stroke the rat. "Rattata's a pet, no diseases...but I couldn't show her Jellybaby here." Armand pulled out a little pack of wipes and wiped his hands.

"I don't stake much hope on your friend's life, the substances from the Iddioplem will slowly rot his insides. Add other drugs in there and..." Armand shook his head.

"You're definitely not human. Wait a sec, let me clear up some business," Armand said, walking up to the waitress, telling her money will go into the diner's account by tomorrow. Armand came back and gestured for Skye to follow him into the bathroom. The chameleon circuit on his TARDIS would make the waitress think nothing of their exit.
Skye Garner
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 01:20 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Skye chuckled but nodded. "I can't imagine rats and jelly would go so well together especially if the jelly is another creature." He ran a hand through his hair thoughtfully. He thought it was rather sweet the way Armand spoke of the rat, very touching.

Thinking of his friend was painful. "Yes well some people just won't listen to reason. There's only so many times you can force them into a clinic and hear about them escaping before you realise they just don't want to be helped." Accepting that had been a hard fact of life for Skye. "It's like watching someone commit suicide in slow motion."

He watched as Armand talked to the waitress and he followed Armand into the toilets. "I get a strange sense of deja vu," he joked.
Armand von Brandt
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 02:21 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"No. As much as Tentacool would suit it, it's best off at home," Armand said. "Plus, Pikachu doesn't like Iddioplems, they scare him."

Armand nodded. It must be hard for the guy. He didn't say anything else. He chuckled when he mentioned de ja vu and opened the toilet cubicle. "Relax, I'll be gentle," Armand joked, pushing him in and closing the door. His TARDIS was immaculate and of red and gold colouring, with dashes of purple.

He put the Iddioplem into a jar with water inside and took Rattata out, putting him onto the console, then took out a mouse and put him next to Rattata. "That's Pikachu, a mouse."
Skye Garner
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 05:31 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Skye shook his head. This guy was way too into Pokemon. Nevertheless he found him pretty amusing. He wondered how many pets this guy actually owed and if they were all named after Pokemon. Now that would be borderline obsessive. Even so the rat had been kinda cute. Skye picked his jacket and hung it off his arm.

He chuckled at Armand's comment before he was led into a TARDIS. Skye looked around at the decor, impressed. "Very regal," he said. "Was it always like this or do you redecorate with regeneration?" he asked curiously.

Skye looked at the mouse. "Cute little fuzzball, isn't he?"
Armand von Brandt
Posted: Oct 1 2011, 09:45 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Armand grinned and looked around. "I haven't redecorated since my second incarnation. Back then all I wanted to do was be a knight and save damsels in distress," Armand said. "I'm thinking of keeping it, I'm getting really into Harry Potter right now and Gryffindor's my house."

Armand picked him up. "Sadly I found them in the height of my pokemon addiction. I think the next pet will be called Fred. Or Hermione," Armand said. "A hamster called Hermione. Yes."

He looked at Skye. "I take it then you're a Time Lord too? I can't tell, I've been closed off for a long time."
Skye Garner
Posted: Oct 3 2011, 10:30 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Skye smirked in amusement at the vision of this guy being a knight. "Literally?" he asked with interest. "I have to admit I don't often visit the Medieval period so I can't judge how it lives up to the literature." he said as he walked around the console room admiringly. He chuckled at the guy's latest phase. "It's certainly an upgrade from Pokemon." he teased playfully.

"Poor guys..." he said in reference to the animals being named during a Pokemon addiction. "Still at least Rattata works... suits him and the name is amusing on the tongue." he added.

"Better make sure it's an intelligent hamster..."

He turned to face the guy. "Yeah I am. Name's Skye."
Armand von Brandt
Posted: Oct 3 2011, 11:24 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"Oh yes, I certainly was. It was much fun, I felt like Arthur, except without a cheating wife," Armand said. "For some reason the way I die directly determines my next personality...at the end of my first body, I took an arrow for a woman, in the 1300s, sort-of a damsel in distress moment and I regenerated into a Knight-like guy. It was a fun period of my life." Armand smiled reminiscently.

Armand nodded. "Believe me, no one's more shocked than me at how this incarnation is turning out..." Armand said. He stroked Rattata.

"Well, Skye, how do you fancy taking this critter back to its home?" Armand asked.
Skye Garner
Posted: Oct 4 2011, 01:54 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Skye laughed at the reference. "It's interesting how in most of history men have been the cheating ones yet their flaws pass people by and the women get remembered for it," he mused. "But I can't say I'm particularly fond of Guinevere anyway. Arthur certainly didn't deserve that kind of ungrateful behaviour," he added. "It's funny, I quite enjoy the Arthurian Legends but I don't actually visit the period that often." he said wandering around the TARDIS.

Skye folded his arms. "Wow that's an interesting bearing... I don't think deaths have determined future personalities." he pondered. "I once had a very camp and ultraviolet personality. Used to piss people off to no end. No wonder I was murdered." he added a little darkly. "Still my next personality was a complete grumpy arse, think I preferred the outgoing camp one."

Skye nodded. "Sounds good though do you mind if my TARDIS comes inside? She hates being away from me for too long."
Armand von Brandt
Posted: Oct 9 2011, 03:09 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

"The sad fate of the man-dominated world, though in fairness I saw no sign that Arthur was anything but loyal. In his case, I feel for him," Armand said, looking at Skye. "Really? You're missing out. It's a great period, with simpler times and knights and castles."

Armand shook his head. "I believe it to be coincidence and the trauma of those deaths, for instance getting shot whilst saving a lady from death...I was in a medieval time...then being conned and killed, I became vengeful and in turned I became a bit of a conman myself..." Armand said. "There's not much been influenced for this incarnation though."

Armand chuckled at the sound of his incarnations. "Sounds like you've had quite the different personalities," Armand said.

"Of course, of course. Bring her in," Armand said.
Skye Garner
Posted: Oct 11 2011, 02:07 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Skye nodded in agreement. "It's so unfortunate that men who don't deserve it get cheated on and yet men who have affairs get away with it for so long. It's little wonder people doubt the sanctity of marriage," Skye mused slightly regretfully. He shoved his hands in his pockets and glanced around, smiling a little at the rat. It was kind of cute that he'd named it after a Pokemon even if Skye really disliked Pokemon.

Skye smiled. "Yeah I should probably pay a visit sometime. So much time and space, so much choice to choose from," he laughed at the thought.

He nodded in sympathy, "Yeah sounds like you had a lot of trauma... still some regnerations are good, others not so good eh? Sometimes I feel like one of those human lucky dips." It was a strange reference and Skye chuckled at himself.

"I suppose for amusements sake the camp one was fairly good." Skye mused.

Skye pulled out his mobile and pressed a few buttons. His TARDIS appeared, this time looking like a palm tree since they were in Los Angeles. Skye frowned. "Did you change yourself without me telling you, you cheeky thing?" he said affectionately. "Try and fit in here." She turned into a colourful pillar.
Armand von Brandt
Posted: Oct 23 2011, 09:22 AM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Armand nodded in reply, smiling. He had never cheated, shockingly never in his con-artist state. Then again he hadn't been romantically involved until he met Leon and that started off badly; he tricked the poor guy. But he made up for it after that. It had been the first time he had felt bad after all of the cons he pulled.

"No point missing out. You may even find a very fine female, though quite frankly with the incarnation I'm in now, I fear I would be banished from that country," Armand smiled amusedly.

"It could have been much worse, believe me. Atleast they were conventional deaths. Only snag was I became a con-artist in my third incarnation, but I eventually learnt my lesson after conning this student and...feeling bad. My first bout of conscience...still, it was actually a good thing at that point, I never would have found him," Armand said, in a reminiscing tone.

"Camp? Now there's something I would have liked to be," Armand said.

"Perfect," Armand said.
Skye Garner
Posted: Nov 1 2011, 03:32 PM

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Skye shrugged. "Males, females, I don't really mind though I see your point. Female it would have to be. But I couldn't give them anything long term unfortunately." He mused with a sigh. "But it would be a fun period to check out sometime," he added.

He chuckled at the implications of Armand's incarnation. "I dread to think what my second incarnation would have suffered on that planet. He probably would have been drowned for magic.... or just locked up." he muttered.

Skye listened with interest and smiled a little. Sounded like he'd met someone pretty special. "You meet special people in the most unlikely of circumstances, sometimes." he added. He was reminded of his first meeting with Amy.

Skye grinned at his TARDIS. "She likes to show off around other Time Lords..."
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

'TWO BLUSHING PILGRIMS' skinned by THE HUNTRESS/JULIE/NORTHERLYWIND of RPG-D.

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5909 seconds | Archive