Photobucket

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Nightlords. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Image hosting by Photobucket

Opinions on HQ
MacRedsun
Posted: Dec 31 2011, 03:43 PM

Battle-Brother

Group: Members
Member No.: 285

So I am one of those guys who has to have a level of symetry in their armies. So with that in mind, I often have a hard time figuring out what to do with HQs. I like to build them to fit very specific roles and play to certain strengths (as I am sure most of us do), but I also like to build them to be characters in their own right. I personally really like the Classic lord with twin claws, and wings (maybe Mark of Slaanesh or Khorne). What do you guys like? I only ask because I've been reworking my list, and am not sure what to do with my second HQ (note too that I normally don't play under 2000 points)
Noctus Cornix
Posted: Dec 31 2011, 06:14 PM

Chosen

Group: Admin
Member No.: 178

Really all depends on what you want role you want your HQ to preform. If you want your HQ to be a glass cannon and charge into the enemy and kill as many as he can, the classic lightning claw wings is the way to go. However don't expect him to last long at all. There's no survivability in his ilk.

MacRedsun
Posted: Jan 1 2012, 12:51 PM

Battle-Brother

Well ultimately my OCD (honset OCD too), as well as impatience got the better of me, and I chopped up and converted an Archon on Foot (termihater lord with daemon weapon), and a cypher model ("raptor" lord with claws). Still, I would love to know wjat the rest of you do for HQs:D
Silence
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 12:06 AM

Aspiring Champion

Member No.: 268

Welcome MacRedsun to our humble site(yeah yeah it is a bit late and you have been on for a while and all that but alas I am lazy and haven't ventured onto the site in quite a while).

My lord is generally kitted out the same way as yours, twin lightning claws, jump pack etc etc, and I usually stick him in a big unit of raptors at the moment, just becacuse it fits with the flavor of my fast and furious army. He normally doesn't do all to well but hey its hard being a Chaos Lord these days. I usually stick some melta bombs on him just in case there are some tankies lying in wait, usually never is, but it is only 5 measly points so no love lost there.

I do plan on trying a terminator lord, although don't really know what I would arm him with at the moment, and stick him with some terminator buddies to deepstrike behind enemy lines and do the most hurt. But still I never expect too much from him, and I canter more towards flavor and character in my army than actual battle performance. Hope that helps

Silence
MacRedsun
Posted: Jan 10 2012, 10:23 PM

Battle-Brother

You know silence, that is exactly what I've been finding to be true, and while the termihater lord doesn't "do a lot," the 6 deep striking models certainly is a great distraction biggrin.gif
Da Once & Future Git
Posted: Feb 7 2012, 12:36 PM

Chosen

Member No.: 218

I haven't used my Night Lords for a while... maybe a year, but I always ran a sorc, MoSlaanesh, Wings for a measly 150pts he generally does very well... granted he is no meph, but i like to play him to the night lords style of picking on peeps that have no chance!! (although he has force weap'd his fair share of warbosses, captains (inc Vulcan!) & other HQ's). I run him in 8*raptors (2 with flamers, 1*fist champ).
Note when I was using my Night Lords I always came in the top 10% of any tourney I took them to, although it is in Australia which is quite comped so for us touney play maybe the DP's that every harps upon is the better choice!!
TerrorBlind
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 05:25 AM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 321

If you're into Daemons, I ran a Daemon Prince with Wings along with Doombolt (which I subbed for the Primaris Power in the Telepathy Discipline, Psykic Shriek). I could Swoop 24" and anything within 12" you can cast the Psykic Power. Also, if you fly over units you make a Vector Strike attack, which can make your opponent realize that his once safe unit is about to get torn apart. Plus when you assault vehicles you can use Smash to get up to strength 10 to pull those vehicles apart, plus you get re-roll for armour pen with Smash! And when you assault a unit he now causes Fear! All for 140pts.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Image hosting by Photobucket

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1278 seconds | Archive
This web site is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Games Workshop Limited. All associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, TM and/or © Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2003, variably registered in the UK and other countries around the world. Used without permission. No challenge to their status intended. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners..

Forum skin by Kaldoth