Image and video hosting by TinyPic

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Ms Missing And Uid. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

2000 Jessie Barnes 7-7-2000, West Point
Ell
Posted: Jan 2 2009, 05:11 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

user posted image

Jessie Barnes
AKA: Little Jessie
Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
Alias / Nickname: Little Jessie
Date of Birth: 1971-07-24
Date Missing: 2000-07-07
From City/State: West Point, MS
Missing From (Country): USA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 28
Race: Black
Height: 65 inches (5'5")
Weight: 130 pounds
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Complexion: Medium
Identifying Characteristics: Scar just below right knee, bite mark on neck, burn scar on lower back
Clothing: Blue jean dress with a white T-shirt underneath.
Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. Jessie was last seen late in the afternoon at a family member's residence in the vicinity of the 800 block of Little St. in West Point, MS.
She has a medical condition. ( Mind of a child)
Investigative Agency: West Point Police Department
Phone: (662) 494-1244
Investigative Case #: 00-248
NCIC #: M-980879950
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/...php?A200401310S

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
Ell
Posted: Mar 2 2014, 11:01 AM

Administrator

December 1, 2012

By Bryan Davis

dtleditor@bellsouth.net

It's been 12 years since Annie Barnes has seen her sister Jessie.
Jessie has been classified as a "Missing Person" since July 7, 2000, and she was last seen by family in the vicinity of the 800 block of Little Street in West Point.
"We call her Little Jessie because she is the baby of the four children my mother had," Barnes said.
Barnes' mother, Katie Ruth has taken the disappearance hard.
"She has been devastated ever since the day we found out "Little Jessie" had disappeared," she said.
Suffering from what Barnes describes as a learning disability, Jessie left behind a three year-old daughter who is now 16.
According to Barnes, there are a number of troubling mysteries that surround her sister's disappearance, and she's asking anyone who might remember her and knows something about her whereabouts to call the West Point Police Department.
"I know someone, somewhere knows what happened to my sister," Barnes said on Friday.
The week that Jessie vanished, Barnes said she had an odd encounter with her on Little Street. She said that her sister told her something very disturbing about some of the company she had been keeping.
"She told me that this man had told her to bring him back some money," Barnes said. "She also told me that he had put a knife to her. I told her not to go back to those people. I told her to stay away."
When she quizzed Jessie about man, her sister was unable to correctly identify him due to her disability.
"She did not remember names," Barnes said. "She could remember faces, but she could not remember names or numbers very well. She kept telling me 'you know him. He stays of there (pointing in a general direction). He's skinny and wears that ball cap all the time.'"
It's frustrating for Barnes who was never able to put a name on the man that might know what happened to her sister.
"I kept thinking to myself, she could be talking about anybody in West Point," Barnes said.
Barnes says that she knows positively the man was not who Jessie was seeing at the time, a person who Barnes says has been deceased for two years.
The week that Jessie disappeared, the Barnes family suffered the loss of a grandmother. Barnes says that it was not usual for Jessie to slip away for a couple of days, but she always came back home.
By the time her grandmother's funeral had ended, the family noticed Jessie's absence and began asking questions.
"We were all grieving at the time, but when the funeral was over, people started to ask 'where's Little Jessie?'" Barnes said. "We thought at first she might have been staying with girlfriends or something, but she would never just stay away."
Little Jessie was known to frequent Al's Cafe, an establishment that has since closed down. She is described as a black female with several identifying marks, including a scar just below her right knee, a bite mark on her neck and a burn scar on her lower back.
She was seen wearing a blue jean dress with a white t-shirt underneath.
"Little Jessie was not just a sister and a daughter, but she was a mother as well," Barnes said. "I tell you this has really hurt my family very bad. That's why I'm asking for anyone who knows anything about what happened to my sister to please let us know."
Barnes told the Daily Times Leader on Friday that she has not spoken with the current administration at the West Point Police Department. Police Chief Tim Brinkley could not be reached for comment on Friday, but anyone who has information about Jessie can call the WPPD with an anonymous tip at 494-1244.
http://www.dailytimesleader.com/content/un...-missing-jessie
Ell
Posted: Mar 2 2014, 11:15 AM

Administrator

WEST POINT, Miss. (WCBI) – A West Point family is still in the dark as to the whereabouts of their beloved relative.

It’s been over a decade since she disappeared and a family has a long standing dilemma, leaving them with unanswered questions.

According to what West Point resident Annie Barnes is telling everyone she comes in contact with, its like her sister vanished into thin air in the year 2000.

Missing for 12 years now, Jessie Barnes would have celebrated her 29th birthday that July, the year their grandmother died.

“She didn’t come to the funeral and so that’s when we started to wonder what, you know where she was or where she could have been. You know cause usually she don’t miss stuff that goes on in the family. Anything that goes on in the family she’ll be around. She’ll come around,” said Annie Barnes.

And so as she shuffled pictures and news articles Tuesday, Barnes appears emotionally drained.

“It’s been hard, its been really hard. Now, and my mother, with my mother having a nerve condition, you know anyway. And with this happening you know it just made it worse,” said Barnes.

Little Jessie as they called her, left a three year old daughter behind, that toddler is now a sixteen year old girl….also waiting for some good news or a final closure in her life.

Annie Barnes remembers the last conversation she had with her sister at a Little Street location.

“You know with her mental disability that she had, her learning disability that she had, her mind thought that everybody was her friend. And she would just talk to anybody, and if a guy did come along and wanted to talk to her or wanted to be with her, she would go off with them,” said Barnes.

And so the family of the missing are at their wits end, with folded hands, praying for any bit of information in this very cold case.

“Every day, you know, every day goes by its hard cause I’m use to seeing her walking up here. She would walk up here. She’d come over and see me, you know. And we’d talk you know. And its hard, I just miss her cause she is the only sister I had,”added Barnes.

Anyone with information leading to the whereabouts of Jessie Barnes is asked to call the West Point Police Department at 662-494-1244.
http://www.wcbi.com/wordpress/west-point-missing-cold-case
« Next Oldest | Missing Females 2000-2009 | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0629 seconds | Archive