| Welcome to Moondancersvale. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Welcome to Moondancer's Vale. Set in an alternate universe based on the "Firebringer Trilogy" by Meredith Anne Pierce. We are an Intermediate to Advanced Literate, Forum. There are many open positions, all are welcome to have a look. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the Cbox, send an email, or PM a Staff member.
The Firebringer Trilogy and its places and characters are copyright © 1996-2011 Meredith Anne Pierce. All Rights Reserved
A special thanks to all that have allowed permission of their creations such as images, coding, and references.
Rules, Creation, Idea, and Story of Moondancer's Vale © Moondancers' Vale RP Forum.
Images and codes © To Their Original Makers unless noted otherwise
Characters, Plots, and Posts © To Their Original Makers
All credits, and references can be found listed here.
Character Creation Guidelines
The Keeper of Lays
Group: Head Admin
Member No.: 1
Joined: 19-October 11
The Character Creation Guidelines
- The very first thing all Members but remember and follow. Do not use names from Meredith Anne Pierce's story. That means all and every character she has made, be they a one time character or one of her many main characters. No Aljans, no Korrs, no Jah-lilas, and definitely no Calydors. While Halla is a simple name and depending on their "True name" we may or may not allow it. Remember this was the name of the Princess of the Exiled Unicorns, you'd be safe to just avoid using it. But other wise just keep away from these names.
- Character templates can be found within the “Character Template” Topic. Fill out all required information, post the profile within the Main Sub-board. WIPs are allowed, though if left inactive for two weeks it will be deleted. Finished profiles will be reviewed, and once approved the Staff will reply with the “Approved” stamp and the profile moved to it's appropriate place.
- Unicorns of the Vale or Plains can come in any color, or multiple colors. Yet please understand that we will frown upon a rainbow shaded Unicorn. On that note, eye colors can be any color. Though solid and not multiple shades, or reds. Pure white Unicorns or any Unicorn with a large amount of white is rare and seen as odd. Rarer than a pure black Unicorn, even with a majority of black on them. Still pure Whites and Blacks will be very very limited and consider Specials. Please keep things as realistic as possible with this freedom given. Also note that there is a limit to pure white and black Unicorns. At Admin desecration will Unicorns with a majority of white or black be accepted.
- Now those with Plot driven Specials must post at least four times a month to keep plots going and scheduled events. This may include but not limited to Seers, Battle Prince/Princess, Prince/Princes to Be, Wingleader, or anyone of importance to keep things moving along. If unable to, the Staff has the right to “move” these character is absolutely needed. Otherwise will be left alone.
- Full grown Stallions and Mares are viewed after initiation and usually around 6+ years of age. Half-growns or "Colts & Fillies" are viewed to be ready for initiation or younger, usually around 4-. Foals are those bearly with their sprouted horns and not even a sign of their bears, being anything from newly born to 2 yrs of age. As for those of the Council they are in their older years 25+.
- Gryphons are much more limited in the freedom of creativity. Males “tercels” are green to tawny. Females “formels” are blue to tawny. Now, there is a range within each color (green & blue) that one can pick from. You may put subtle designs such as spots, stripes, streaks. Yet please do not use one extreme shade for one and another. The tawny colors can come in any shade of golden brown to earthy brown. Again subtle designs are allowed, but nothing extreme.
- Full grown Tercels and Formels are viewed usually around 6+ years of age. Half-growns or "Fledglings", those ready to fly or younger, are viewed usually around 4-. Hatchlings are those being anything from newly hatched to 2 yrs of age.
- Da, or otherwise “horses” can come in any color a realistic horse can come in. Yet they have specific traits than the Unicorns. They are stockier and shorter, with “roman style” mane that is short and sticks up. Their tails flow like normal horses, and their hooves are solid. When creating a Da, stick to realistic colors and designs. These colors may brighten or darken vastly if the Da becomes a Unicorn. These Da will not grow beards, nor have cloven hooves. All that changes is their color and a horn sprouting from their brow. These characters are extremely rare and will be commonly earned as Contest Prizes.
- A post must contain at least two paragraphs (5 to 9 sentences each) The more descriptive one is, the better. Due note that if you are unable to make two paragraphs, at least try for one. Nor do you need to make a novel of a post, some like this some don't. Do not worry, just as long as you can give enough to reply to, you are in the green.
- Please do not bug a Staff member to look your Character's profile over, or constantly ask in the Cbox. Most of us work full time jobs, go full time to school, or otherwise may have limited web time. The Staff will look at all profiles ASAP, and we thank you for your patience. Please use a spell-check of some kind, it makes it easier on everyone and will get your Character approved even quicker.
- Remember to please update your character regularly as needed, if something has changed in your character's life, your character's age, or appearance (like new scars, etc.)
- Please keep things to Moondancers' Vale/Firebringer Canon guidelines.
- Please don't base characters off of anime, tv, movies, or books. This shows the Staff you are not creative enough to be original. To base a character on a pre-created character looks bad on you and does not go well with the Staff.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)