| Welcome to Moondancersvale. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Welcome to Moondancer's Vale. Set in an alternate universe based on the "Firebringer Trilogy" by Meredith Anne Pierce. We are an Intermediate to Advanced Literate, Forum. There are many open positions, all are welcome to have a look. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the Cbox, send an email, or PM a Staff member.
The Firebringer Trilogy and its places and characters are copyright © 1996-2011 Meredith Anne Pierce. All Rights Reserved
A special thanks to all that have allowed permission of their creations such as images, coding, and references.
Rules, Creation, Idea, and Story of Moondancer's Vale © Moondancers' Vale RP Forum.
Images and codes © To Their Original Makers unless noted otherwise
Characters, Plots, and Posts © To Their Original Makers
All credits, and references can be found listed here.
, Finding your Lifemate
The Keeper of Lays
Group: Head Admin
Member No.: 1
Joined: 19-October 11
Little is known exactly how pledging works outside of the Vale's pledging along the Summer Seas coasts. For the sake of Rping, we will consider this to be semi-canon, because it is hard to be 100% canon. There will likely be a high possibility that our version is different than that of the books. Or even something made just for the Forum, yet either way we will be as true to form as possible. Below is information on how true we are going to stick to canon and how much we aren't. It is recommended that you read all the information given in this section about how Moondancers' Vale goes about their version of Pledging. We pride ourselves on being as true to Meredith's version as possible but of course, with a twist.
- Vale, Plains, or Skyrider - This is the one thing that must be noted at all times. Depending on species and culture of the character will dictate how they will view Pledging to another. Valedwellers see that once a Unicorn comes of age they are encouraged to Pledge, yet this is not a Rule. There will be moments that one just does not find someone they find right, or may find that they have pledged to another. But once a pair of Unicorns pledge to another in the Vale it is seen as life lasting and unbreakable, and those who do break it will be shun and seen as dead. Plainsdwellers are more open minded about pledging. Their views is to love freely and often, so the lasting of a relationship depends on the pair, whether it last a day or their whole life. Skyriders are placed almost in the middle, they will pledge but they don't always have to be with the same Gryphon all their life, it is a choice, but mainly on who is the strongest to bare strong chicks.
- Age is not a limitation - As stated when one comes of age to mate, that does not mean YOU must have your character pledge to another. In the books 6-8 was the age that Jan and Tek mated, but because our Forum is an AU, we are allowing the age to be 6+. This means that even if your Character is 23 they don't have to have pledged, or just have found the one they wish to pledge to. Also with that in mind, the age difference between pairs has no effect. As long as everyone is happy, then have fun. After all we do have a current pair six years in difference.
- Sexuality - Another thing that must be taken into consideration is that we do NOT ask for a sexuality of your characters. Sexuality has been questionable throughout evolution for any creature or species. Let alone a fantasy world that has been personally created. Or for that matter that has never been truly explained if same gender pairs are possible or not. MV may be PG 13, but we are open minded and know in this day and age, same gender pairs are possible and have happen. So thus, we do not ask and leave that completely to the Members to play. After all you have the option to PM other members and even plane out such pairs if you wish. The Staff is has set that same gender pairs will more likely be an open thing amongst the Plains people. And very shun upon in the Vale. (Hint: Have some fun with that!)
- Expecting Mothers - The choice of whether or not your female character becomes a mother is completely up to the Member. If you wish that she miscarries, fine, just give either an Admin or Staff Member warning so that we will not be caught off guard. If you wish that she just does not become pregnant, also up to you and we the Staff are okay with that. Yet, if you do wish for your female Character to have a child, please be aware that your character now has limitations. These limitations are that a Mother WILL NOT mate until her children are full grown. That an Mother Unicorn will only have one foal at a time, very very rarely twins. If you wish for twins please ask an Admin before doing so to see if we are okay with having a set of Unicorn twins around. Gryphon mothers can range from having three to five chicks at a time. If any other species opens up, we will update this.
The Summer Seas:
- Offspring - You have decided that your female character has a child. Your female character has given birth. Now what? There are a few options available, 1st: You could have a new character, play the child yourself, 2nd: Allow another to play them and thus allow them full permission to create their looks, and personality, you the Mother can choose of course the Gender, and if the other part is okay, the Name of the offspring. Or your 3rd option, leave them open for anyone to do whatever, gender, looks, name, etc. All up to you as long as you think it through and all sides are okay.
The Summers seas are aptly named, along the eastern coast the waters are always warm as if it were always summer. A lovely blue-ish green tints the glittering waves, the sands are pearly white and the skies crystal clear. Tradition amongst the Vale is that when Stallions or Mares come of age they can travel to the Summer Seas. Along with them any who are not Pledged will also accompany them to the coast. The travel is about two weeks away, this journey is taken ever summer of each year. Once the Unicorns reach the coast they will spend all summer till they pledge with one they wish to spend the rest of their life with. Yet as is the case, some many not pledge at all and will return at the end of summer to see if the one for them may be along the coast the following year. This is the tradition amongst those of the Vale, and the only time that one may Pledge again is if their mate passes away. Yet most do not even then, to break the pledge that has been witness by Alma is seen as bad as murder or breaking with the Ring. If one does this they will be shun from the Vale, seen as a oath-breaker, dishonorable, and dead to them. As bad as if they had is when a pair is made of the same gender, Stallion with Stallion or Mare with Mare. Such is forbidden and looked on as wrong.Love Amongst the Plains:
The mare's back is vast like the ocean, full of lushes greens and golds. There amongst the Plains the Free people live up to their names. Love, like their life, is freely given. Unlike their relations, the Valedwellers, they do not pledge for life unless they wish to. Pledging is not to them final, for if a pair find they are not suited, why stay together? They may not have a summer seas tradition. Nor do they have to wait a specific time of year, yet they do find love. They may meet while passing in groups or pairs, they may meet at the long dance that is held sparingly during the time all of the Free people come together. No matter how or when, if two find they care enough for each other or even fancy another and wish to see where it leads. A pair will pledge for however long that spark may last. Also unlike the Vale, the Free people literally mean when they love freely. For pairs may not always be a Mare or Stallion, it may be between two Stallions or two Mares. This has never been seen down upon, and thus it is not forbidden.Soaring with Wild Hearts:
High up, upon the crystal blue skies or snow white clouds, love can even be found here. The Gryphons may not be the most graceful creatures on land, but in the air they soar with beauty. The Vale may have it's traditions, the Free people their open relationships, but the Gryphons are their own. They may wish to take upon a mate for life, or they may wish to take upon a mate that has proven them their worth. For the Gryphons, strength is as powerful in their eyes as is swiftness, health, and intelligence. Strength can bring one under the eye of the Wingleader to have honor bestowed on them, strength can prove that amongst the others one is the best. Whether by love or worth, Gryphons will fly high into the cold thin aired skies, there they will court and mate similar to that of the eagles. For those proving their worth they will fly till they can not, for the female to choose the male and for them to court and mate. It is not looked upon, for the survival of the flock depends on their numbers and strength, but same gender pairs are not seen as anything more than a nuisance. Why pair if you have no legacy? Either way, the Gryphons mate as proudly as they live.
(If you have any questions concern anything about Pledging please PM a Staff Member.)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
Create your own social network with a free forum.