InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Marvels. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to Marvels
Welcome to Marvels, a super hero play-by-post roleplay game set in a world based on those appearing in comics published by Marvel Comics, but with many of our own twists and turns.
Join heroes and villains to protect or conquer the world. Be sure to read the information pages for rules and all you need to know about the setting, go to the contact boards for the out of character forums and read up on the traits, powers and skills before posting your character on the registration board.
If you need any help, check out our tutorial or feel free to ask questions via the contact boards, the chat or PMs to the staff.
Staff
Well, aren't we an international bunch?
Jon
Site creator, Danish. Comic nerd extraordinare.
ExarArcian
Soul-crushing Dream Stomper from Maine.
LordX1095
Marvel's resident crazy Canadian.
JesterCarr13
Affable, laughable & English
Current Events
The Infinity War has started. The opening shots have been fired. Read more here and take a look at the Infinity War Tracker
Event Threads
The operatives of the Oracle Network investigates wishes come true as the Outriders close in on them. Star-Lord and Gespent is talking to a cosmonaut dog! Mantis, Ceres, Rocket Raccoon and Groot stranded on the dying Xandar! The Mad Titan marches across the stars! Infinity War is coming! Rowan gets caught up in a murder mystery as the Infinity War begins. Just what is this strange new religion, the Church of Universal Truth, that's been appearing everywhere? Murders have been carried out across the globe with only one link: They were all carried out by identical women. Who are the Moon Dragons?
Spotlight On
Welcome To
  • Boone
  • Lakuer
Affilate With Us
Marvels RPG
Affilates
That Old Black Magic Visionary TalesPhotobucketModern Fates

Vote for Marvels at Marvel RPG Topsites!

The Chalkboard, What does it mean?
Jon
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 05:49 PM

Marvel
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

user posted image

Please... do post your speculations to what all of this means

Oh, and I'd just like to add that the hints can refer to both current and future threads and storylines... and some of them are connected, while some are not

--------------------
There's a starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds.

Characters
Condition Red Character
WWTBASH Character

\/ Cute dog \/

Changeling
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 06:46 PM

Happy Accident
Group Icon

Group: Member
Member No.: 72

Hmm... North Korea has a supersolider, right? That's why Fury's going in.

In the comics, Nitro is a human bomb.

I speculate that Nitro is the Korean supersoldier/living weapon.

--------------------
"Never to whine; to accept all what came; to wait for better; to let no one in, not even yourself, know how near to giving in you were: these were the principles by which he lived"

- The Changeling, by Robin Jenkins

"Oh, thou shouldst have gone
A thousand leagues about to have avoided
This dangerous bridge of blood; here we are lost"

- The Changeling, by Thomas Middleton & William Rowley
Abaman4
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 07:03 PM

Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

Hmmm....

Fury's "Secret" might refer to him having his own Secret Avengers?

Everything went red...Condition Red and maybe "Someone" having a hand in the sky turning red that day?

I know the quote "Justice, Like lightning, should ever appear to some men hope, to other men, fear!" Maybe, just maybe, Sentry being a stereotypical shining knight to the general public, but could also become a dangerous dominating force to those who oppose him or whoever he listens to. Or, maybe referring to a super-speedster?

Changeling
Posted: Apr 26 2011, 07:14 PM

Happy Accident
Group Icon

Member No.: 72

"Infinity Quest" and "Games Masters" both sort of suggest this might get a bit Cosmic; Infinity Quest is all about the Infinity Gauntlet and the Gamesmaster is a big cosmic player, right?

Justice, like lightning... never strikes twice? Heh.

--------------------
"Never to whine; to accept all what came; to wait for better; to let no one in, not even yourself, know how near to giving in you were: these were the principles by which he lived"

- The Changeling, by Robin Jenkins

"Oh, thou shouldst have gone
A thousand leagues about to have avoided
This dangerous bridge of blood; here we are lost"

- The Changeling, by Thomas Middleton & William Rowley
JackOfBlades247
Posted: Apr 27 2011, 01:31 AM

New Warrior
Group Icon

Member No.: 22

Here goes nothing....

Nitro - I'm thinking the human bomb is North Korea's super weapon. Makes sense.

The aliens are here - Skrulls and Kree finally going to duke it out again with Earth getting caught in the middle of it?

Time and time again - For some reason Marvel's premier time traveler Kang keeps coming to mind.

Fury's secret? - Ummm, the Avengers if it's not a trick question.

Trust in the Game Masters - I would go with Game Master here but it's clearly plural so beats me.

Who do you trust? - Not a Skrull impersonating my best friend that's for sure.

Who are the Champions? - Unless Xandar or LA is getting a new super hero team I have no idea.

Web of life - Something to do with Spidey?

Where do he get the POWER - Uhhh, I'm going with the introduction of the Uni-Power. Pretty sure it's wrong but I'm sticking to it because I've got nothing else.

Infinity Quest - An event centered around the Infinity Gauntlet and *crosses fingers* Thanos.

Mentor is lying - A group of individuals are going to be royally pissed when they find out.

Justice like Lightning - Two thoughts. Something to do with speedstars or someone's going mad with power.

Everything went Red - A follow up event to Urban Red maybe.

Welp, that's about all I got right out the gates.

This post has been edited by JackOfBlades247 on Apr 27 2011, 01:36 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Euro!
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 05:32 PM

X-Man
Group Icon

Member No.: 21

Say; Haven't the guys in Condition Red just run into a guy called 'Mentor'?

Well, Jon has. The rest of us could just be credulous idiots! tongue.gif

--------------------

user posted image

~Characters~
~Condition Red~
~WWTBASH~

Achievement!: Most Deaths for One Char!

Jon
Posted: Dec 3 2012, 04:24 AM

Marvel
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Alright, some clarifications coming up...

Secret War
- What is Fury’s secret? – Fury was allied with Kang, who pushed him to invade North Korea
- Time and time again – Kang is back, note proximity to Fury’s secret
- Which side are you on? – Are you with Fury or against him?
- Who do you trust? – Do you trust Fury or those that fight him?
- NITRO! – The supreme North Korean Superhuman
- Justice, like lightning! - In the wake of the Secret War, Fury forms the Thunderbolts

Other stuff
- The aliens are here – Ronan’s arrival and discussions with the UN
- WWTBASH – Who Wants To Be A Super Hero. Connected to AT LEAST two other things on the board
- INFINITY QUEST – Star-Lord’s quest to reach the Earth and warn them
- MADNESS RISES! – Thanos rising and marching towards the Earth – Star-Lord’s reason to warn the Earth
- Will he rise? – Will Thanos rise?

So, that still leaves quite a few. With those hints (and knowing that a lot of these are connected), feel free to come up with new theories.

--------------------
There's a starman waiting in the sky
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds.

Characters
Condition Red Character
WWTBASH Character

\/ Cute dog \/

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1165 seconds | Archive
ex.ivion (kman styled) was created by tiptopolive of ZetaEvolution