Keep the Magic Secret is an active BBC Merlin rp created October 22nd 2008. We follow the stories of the young Merlin and Arthur.

King Uther's mad; Morgana's missing and Merlin's keeping a deadly secret that threatens to rip a hole in the foundations of life at Camelot itself. But with druids rising against them; the Old Religion firmly back in full power and Kilgarrah roaming the skies above, how long will secrets last and will the world Albion has come to know crumble under the drumming of war?

Join as a Canon or an Original and join in a world of magic, danger, romance and so much more. With so many twists and turns, you'll find a story for everyone.

AU since series one. Check out our full plot for more information.

Enjoy and just don't forget to: KEEP THE MAGIC SECRET.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

ADD REPLY
TOPIC

Sunlight Lullaby, Taran
Elaisse Lusk
Posted: Jan 27 2012, 11:55 AM

Wife of Taran Lusk
Group Icon

Group: Camelot Noblilty
Member No.: 177

When she thought no one was listening, Elaisse sang to him; the child that she so carefully held inside her. She did not have a naturally gifted voice and her singing was not what you could call a talent. But in its untrained glory, it managed to be satisfyingly pure and honest. The songs she knew were childish; from her siblings and her younger days. From her mother singing her to sleep or her brothers teaching her the folk tunes the village children used to sing.

Bathed in soft sunshine, halfway through a June afternoon, Elaisse moved her lips over a familiar tune, one hand absently stroking the folds of her dress, beneath which, was her swollen stomach. Somehow, over the course of her pregnancy, she had reached a period of utter calm. She knew full well it would be a brief season of serenity, because in the back of her mind she was constantly aware of what was coming. But she had been so terrified, for so long, it was as if her body had simply reached the point where it no longer had the energy to keep that emotion sustained. Because it was exhausting, being worried all the time.

Rouge lips smiled slightly as they sang, her eyes watching the afternoon dew haze strewn across Hencys grounds. She was seated on a dead tree trunk. The keepers had carved it into a half-seat, but either other chores had distracted them or they had not bothered to finish it so it remained half tree, half hewn trunk. Elaisse liked its incomplete nature. Her free hand rested on the rough bark, fingers toying with the knots and wrinkles. Plain, maroon skirts spread from the spacious bodice, engineered to be comfortable for a woman her size. Some days she wanted so badly to leave Hency. It felt like an eternity that she had been here by herself it was getting to the point when her maids were increasingly reluctant to even let her venture out in the grounds, like this afternoon. But she would not concede to complete confinement until the last minute, until her physicians told her it was time. Besides, she never ventured out of the sight of the house; its country majesty looming behind her, drenched also in the sunlight. Somewhere in the view, she found content and an excuse to think of nothing else and to listen only to the tentative tones of her own voice. Sunlight, afternoon dew-mist and the occasional kick from her constant companion. Some days she wanted so badly to leave Hency. But not today.

{hope salright smile.gif She sounds a bit drugged up. Sorry. Maybe she is...}

This post has been edited by Elaisse Lusk on Jan 28 2012, 12:10 AM

--------------------
user posted image
Taran Lusk
Posted: Jan 27 2012, 10:38 PM

Fourth Son of Lord Lusk
Group Icon

Group: Knight
Member No.: 14

The sun had given Taran a patchy tan, and today had no doubt made it worse. Sbbi had needed training, and with not much actively going on in Camelot that wasn't about The Lady Morgana going missing, everything was a little vague. He had done his several days on horse back, and was now here for his wife, his child, his servants and his squire. The squire boy was now maneuvering around him like a lion cub, and Taran was being very hard on him. His white-blond hair was in slight disarray and mud and sweat smeared over his face. Taran's own face was smeared with it too, and dried blood at the side of his mouth where he hadn't noticed a small slash earlier.

"Come on boy, the last feint was awful! Boys of ten summers can do better than this" he threw him a look and vaguely jabbed at him with his sword, switching between hands. Sbbi said something in his native tongue that he was very sure was vividly derogative, and slashed skillfully, but angrily. Taran smirked "Anger is good in moderation, but you have to channel it, don't just jab messily or you will be open to attack" he rolled his eyes. The fourteen year old was already a man, but Taran called him boy to irritate him, because he only did well and concentrated when he thought he was being mocked.

The boy had drawn blood though, which was a start, he supposed.

"Enough for today, enough" he held up a cloth wrapped hand, and shook his head. Glaring with grey eyes, Saebbi spat out a string of colourful curse words and stalked off. Taran wiped at his brow with the sleeve of his under-tunic an called after him "You are not to go into the village tonight, Sbbi, or to take ale or wine. The women will be thankful for it, by all means" he took a light weight costrel of wine from the floor and moved towards the area which he'd seen Elaisse slowly make her way to earlier.

The wine had become warm in the costrel, but he drank it down gratefully and as he got closer to her, he could hear the sound of singing and he smiled "Your maids will have kittens if they see you out of the house" he arched a brow and came to stand near her "And I apologise for the stink of training and sweat upon me, it may bring the child to an early labor" he moved closer and leaned down to kiss the top of her head, the sun shining upon it giving it a bright coppery glow "Have you been faring well?" the last woman he had asked that question of had been Betheine. He remembered how her hair had glowed golden and silky in the sun.

These women would be the death of him, they really would.

His lips twitched, amused, happy "I didn't know you could sing"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
Elaisse Lusk
Posted: Feb 6 2012, 09:41 AM

Wife of Taran Lusk
Group Icon

Group: Camelot Noblilty
Member No.: 177

Once she heard his voice, she stopped singing. She would have felt embarrassed and perhaps a small part of her did, but it did not last long. She had experienced embarrassment enough the short course of their marriage and in many ways it had lost its hold on her when it came to Taran. She did not turn to greet him, but let herself consume the last full look at the view in front of her before company robbed her concentration from it.

My maids will have kittens whatever I do. If I obeyed their concerns, I would already be confined. And you know I wont do that until I absolutely must. She looked up at him, smiling, but only quietly so her lips just turned up at the edges. She lifted a hand to brush his chest affectionately as he lent in to kiss her hair. A chuckle tickled her throat. It will not. I would not let you near me if I believed that to be at all true. She rose a brow, and glanced behind him to see his boy returning to the house. I trust he did well today? You shouldnt be so hard on him, I could hear your clashes from here.

Her eyes flickered back to his face at his question, crinkling warmly. Very well. I fell more comfortable than I have in a long while. Is that usual? I think perhaps I have just become so used to having him as my constant company I dont particularly want him to leave. She glanced down at her bloated stomach, one hand still resting on it instinctively. She stroked it and in return felt a small jostle from within her. Another small smile.

Thats because I cant sing. She retorted easily, her eyes dancing threateningly. Clarisse had the voice in the family, but then she seemed to have everything the girls in their line desired. It was as if, somehow, the youngest had acquired the best traits of all of her older generations of siblings. I just pretend I can so he might, one day, have a taste for music. She would not have a son ignorant to culture.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

OPTIONS
ADD REPLY
TOPIC

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1576 seconds | Archive