InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to KristinKreukWeb.com. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (14) « First ... 11 12 [13] 14  ( Go to first unread post )

Partition, In Limited Theaters/DVD Releases June 19
abz22
Posted: Jun 5 2007, 03:55 PM

Beginner

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

---
suden
Posted: Jun 6 2007, 08:45 AM

Member No.: 473

QUOTE (abz22 @ Jun 5 2007, 03:55 PM)
I fully understand that Kristin and Neve act different kind of roles.
What I meant is Kristin's actor knowledge,competence,her "actor workshop" (??)...
Don't lynch me now...  sad.gif

No lynchings, I promise. biggrin.gif

Lets just agree to disagree on this topic. Maybe more people will join in with opinions on her performance after the movie is released on DVD.
kkforlife
Posted: Jun 6 2007, 10:35 AM

Advanced

Member No.: 318

QUOTE (mexirican93 @ May 24 2007, 08:37 PM)
Cool! I hope I win!!! tongue.gif

I hope I win too. I couldn't go see the movie in theatre's because it wasn't playing where I live sad.gif Good luck to all of you fellow KK fans. You rock!
kreuk_is_love
Posted: Jun 11 2007, 06:18 PM

Member No.: 503

I hope i win i love kristin kreuk she rocks,
i couldnt see the movie because it wasnt playing in theaters were in the u.s.
and i have been sooo bias about seeing this movie for a while. This movie looks amazing and i am going to see it even if i dont when.

good luck to all the other kk fans hyper.gif
kkforlife
Posted: Jun 13 2007, 08:26 AM

Advanced

Member No.: 318

QUOTE (Christian Music Man @ Jan 18 2007, 09:52 AM)
Why do people keep calling Kristin, "dorky" ? huh.gif
Kristin, and "dorky," don't go in the same sentence, in my opinion ! angry.gif
You know, if these guys were members here,
I'd give them a stern talking to ! laugh.gif
"Cute", would be a more appropriate term to describe Kristin's laugh. matt.gif

Amen! Kristin is cute. Your also not the only one that would give those people a talking to. Kristin is beautiful and that's final! biggrin.gif
Webmistress
Posted: Jun 21 2007, 11:27 AM

Professional

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Just got my Partition DVD, gonna write a full review of it! Hopefully!

--------------------
yojimbo413
Posted: Jun 21 2007, 02:33 PM

Advanced

Member No.: 300

QUOTE (Webmistress @ Jun 21 2007, 11:27 AM)
Just got my Partition DVD, gonna write a full review of it! Hopefully!

Tell us about the commentary thingy!!!!!!!
Webmistress
Posted: Jun 21 2007, 08:28 PM

Professional

My Partition DVD Review

This DVD was just a charm from beginning to end in a lot ways and Iím not just referring to the actual movie but the whole package.

This DVD started on a good note from the get go when I was able to take the security tape off with ease, which seems to never happen with any other DVDs I purchase!
Usually I end up ruining the box one way or another and having glue from the tape still remind on the borders of the plastic of the DVD, making the DVD all sticky and one big mess! So Iím super glad it didnít happen this time around.

On to the actual box, I was really pleased with the graphics on the front and back covers. It didnít look cheap and actually looked better than some other DVD box graphics that I own from big budget Hollywood films.

Also all over the box the Warner Bros. appeared it was everywhere even on the DVD wrapping! Which makes me question, if Warner Bros. took part in releasing the DVD, why not the film in theaters? HmmmÖ

Now as for the face of the DVD, I wasnít feeling it. Maybe it was meant to look the way that it did but it just didnít go with the good quality of the outside box. The DVD face was this bright orange and the image itself seemed really washed out, to the point you could barely read the words on it. But in reality itís something that really didnít irritate me too much since itís whatís on that DVD that counts!

The DVD interface is really simple, but nicely done and the music which is from the soundtrack as the back drop music really adds a calmness to the interface.

Sometimes some interfaces have so much going on and you have to wait through different intros every time you switch through the different options of the DVD that after the first few times it becomes an annoyance.

The options you have on this DVD are as followed-- Play Movie, Set up, Special Features and Select Scene. The ones I listed below have other sub features to them:

Set up:

You can dub the movie into French and change the audio for the English version of the movieÖnot sure as to what you can change it to, but thereís no options to put English or French subtitles.

Special Features:

Includes:

Commentary with Vic Sarin and Kristin - Iíll get to that one later, continue reading.

Trailer Ė Same as the one youíve seen on the official Partition movie site in English, thereís also one dubbed in French.

Making of Ė Same as the one that aired on Movie Details, itís a good 48 minutes worth of the making of Partition, if you havenít seen it already youíll enjoy it even more!

Photo Gallery - Thereís a lot images in the gallery of Kristin and the other cast members arenít found on the web.

Now on to the commentary, I just wrote some side notes of things that they talked about, things that neither ruins the movie or the commentary itself. Iím not going to go into details since it was an hour and 56 minutes worth of talking, so Iím just gonna go over some things that were said, not exact quoting or word from word:

- Vic talks about how TPTB of Smallville allowed Kristin to have times off from the series to film Partition and Kristin stated how surprised she was that they allowed it, that she didnít think they would and she was very grateful that they did because it was really important.

- Vic comments on how hard it must have been for Kristin to take on this role and how he remembered when he first met her how he knew she would be perfect for the role. Kristin then responds saying they met when she was like 19 or 20. This shows how long theyíve been working on this film!

- Thereís a point in the commentary where Vic talks about the heat in India and Kristin responds in a mocking tone to the affect of Ė It was bloody hot, running around in that bloody heat.

- Kristin talks about how nervous she was on the first day of shooting because she wanted to get it right.

- Kristin admitted to owning one of Madhur Jaffreyís (the actress who plays Kristinís mother in-law) cookbooks. Madhur is an author of several best-selling Indian cookbooks.

- Kristin talks about the on going joke her and Jimi had on set about other cast members that were in the village Naseem and Gina lived in, being zombies.

- Kristin was pretty serious throughout most of the commentary. But there's one scene that had me cracking up so much I had to pause the commentary to shimmer down and it was during a scene where Naseem swiping the floor and Vic comments how he was surprised that Kristin was able to squat so well just like a Indian woman .And Kristin bursts out kind of like she was insulted by the comment (jokily of course) "Hey! I am part Asian!" Just the way she said it was so funny!

- Towards the end of the commentary Vic talks about how he had a limited of time with Kristin but even with the limited time Kristin hit her mark so well they didnít waste any time with retakes.

The Movie:

As for the movie itself, I really enjoyed it, the story was very touching, and I learned apart of history I knew very little about. Visually the movie was insanely gorgeous and the message of the over-all movie is something I wish more people followed!

I must say though, it was kind of uncanny to see Kristin in this movie. From the accent, to the clothes and the setting of the movie was nothing that weíve ever seen Kristin do before, and at times I would forget it was completely her due to how different of a person Naseem was!

As for my favorite scene(s) of the movie, no doubt it was last 5 minutes! From the train scene until the fading out of Ginaís tree!

Over-all

My only real complainant of the DVD is the fact there was NO SUBTITLES! How they overlooked that feature is beyond me, but they did!

Besides that I have no other real complainants to throw at the DVD, it was really worth it and the movie just made me extra more excited to see Kristin in another feature film.

I just hope next time it releases here in the States! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
suden
Posted: Jun 23 2007, 07:27 AM

Member No.: 473

I really enjoyed the commentary. They touched on points I had mentioned on the last page of this thread. It seems Vic shares my enjoyment of a couple scenes with Kristin, both the scene by the well with the village women and the scene with Gian's mom were mentioned by him as favorites. He also mentioned casting her for her youthful exuberance, a needed facet of her character.

It was fascinating to hear the director talk about the hoops they had to jump through to make everything fit with Kristin's schedule. It shows how committed he was to having her in the movie, and it seems the powers that be at Smallville were very gracious in giving her extra time when needed.

I have a much greater respect for Kristin's performance hearing about how many times she had to work "blind". The scene with with her reacting inside the house while her brothers were outside sounded very funny. For those who haven't seen it, it was a very dramatic moment between several characters. Naseem was forced to watch from a window and react to what was happening outside. Unfortunately, Kristin wasn't there when they filmed, so several production assistants stood outside her window and read the lines from the script, apparently cracking Kristin up while she was supposed to react with strong emotions. The director praised her professionalism for not allowing that to show in her performance. In another scene during the climax of the film, Neve Campbell was filmed in England, Kristin in Canada (and India) and Jimi in India, then the director cut them all seamlessly together.

I was very pleased with the amount of talking Kristin did in the commentary. Vic Sarin did more speaking, it is his film after all, but Kristin had a lot of vocal time. She and Vic had what sounded like a conversation rather than an interview, so she was relaxed and it is probably the most personal most of us have ever heard her speak. I would have bought the DVD whether Kristin did the commentary or not, but this just made it perfect. wub.gif
Webmistress
Posted: Jun 23 2007, 04:06 PM

Professional

Yeah, the commentary was the best feature of the DVD!

--------------------
tarrow21
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 01:07 AM

Beginner

Member No.: 522

can ppl in the US get partion on dvd in amazon?
ah darn I missed the contest thing here

--------------------
user posted image
IhatetheIMF
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 04:57 AM

Beginner

Member No.: 163

http://www.amazon.com/Partition-Jimi-Mistr...83024197&sr=8-2
user posted image

Amazon is currently listing the DVD as 48.99 USD.

--------------------
Recently Played:
user posted image
tarrow21
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 11:43 AM

Beginner

Member No.: 522

WHAT?? that is wayy expensive

--------------------
user posted image
Webmistress
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 06:28 PM

Professional

QUOTE (tarrow21 @ Jun 28 2007, 11:43 AM)
WHAT?? that is wayy expensive

For real... it's very unreasonable! It's like amazon.com doesn't want to sale any copies!

--------------------
IhatetheIMF
Posted: Jun 28 2007, 08:20 PM

Beginner

Member No.: 163

http://www.amazon.ca/Partition-Vic-Sarin/d...83079713&sr=8-2

Amazon Canada lists the DVD as 23.99 (~22.64 USD).

Maybe Amazon.com considers it an import, hence the hefty price?

--------------------
Recently Played:
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (14) « First ... 11 12 [13] 14 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2102 seconds | Archive