Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to KristinKreukWeb.com. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Beauty And The Beast
Dan
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 12:06 AM

Advanced

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,293

user posted image

The CW Finds Its Beauty: ‘Smallville’s Kristin Kreuk To Star In ‘Beauty & The Beast’ Pilot

Smallville star Kristin Kreuk is back at the CW in one of the most talked-about roles this pilot season: the female lead in the CW’s drama pilot Beauty And The Beast. Loosely based on the 1980s CBS series starring Linda Hamilton, CW’s Beauty And The Beast is described as a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist.
 It centers on Catherine (Kreuk), a tough-minded NYPD homicide detective haunted by witnessing her mother’s murder nine years ago and the killers’ quick demise at the hands of a Beast. After years of searching, Catherine finally finds the Beast, Vincent Koslow, the survivor of a military experiment that went disastrously wrong, and becomes the protector of his secret life as a superhero. Gary Fleder is directing the pilot, written by Jennifer Levin and Sherri Cooper. Levin and Cooper are executive producing with the creator of the original series, Ron Koslow, the original series’ producers Paul Junger Witt & C. Anthony Thomas, as well as Bill Haber. Canadian-born Kreuk, who played Lana Lang on the young Superman series Smallville, fielded interest from multiple pilots this season, including ABC’s Beauty And The Beast pilot executive produced by Fleder. Her post-Smallville series credits include an arc on Chuck. Kreuk is repped by Gersh and her longtime Canadian agent Russ Mortensen.

Source: http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/kristin-kr...mallville-star/

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Dan
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 03:04 AM

Advanced

Member No.: 2,293

user posted image

Beauty and the Beast’ Remake: Fans React to News, Kristin Kreuk Casting

"Beauty and the Beast," a romantic fantasy television series that ran from 1987 through 1990, is set to be resurrected on The CW, and fans are weighing in on what they've heard so far.
The original series starred Linda Hamilton as Catherine Chandler, a lawyer in the Manhattan District Attorney's office, and Ron Perlman as Vincent, a lion-faced man who lived below the bustling city in a vast network of underground tunnels with other society outcasts.
The remake will star Kristin Kreuk of "Smallville" fame. The former Lana Lang will play a homicide detective with the NYPD who comes across Vincent, the victim of a military experiment gone wrong, Deadline.com reported. There is no word yet on who will play the 'Beast' character.

The original series may have ended more than 20 years ago, but fans -- as loyal as any Trekkie or Twi-Hard -- are feeling a bit antsy about the changes that could happen during the remake process.

JoAnn Baca, a co-moderator of a Yahoo! "Beauty and the Beast" online fan group, has been keeping an eye on the comments being posted in regards to the remake.

"Anything that reminds people of the 1980s show is a plus if it intrigues people and causes them to watch the version we have loved for a quarter of a century now," Baca wrote in an email. "But I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you that there's a universal concern among fans that many of the elements that made the show so special are not in the re-boot."
Paul Simpson, the managing editor and co-creator of Sci-Fi Bulletin and author of companion books to the "Smallville" series, pointed out that the 1980s "BATB" series was "one of those rare shows that jumped outside of the genre" of fantasy and won a crossover audience. He doubts that die-hard fans will bother watching a remake.

"Whether they will ever buy into a recasting is unlikely," he said, adding that they may just watch the old series instead.

He does, however, think a better chance may exist among less die-hard fans who just want another version of the popular beauty-meets-beast storyline.

"If it's well written and if they get a good chemistry between Kristin Kreuk and whoever is cast as the beast then there's no reason lightning can't strike twice with the same idea," Simpson said.

One aspect of the remake is already sitting very well with fans of the original series: The casting of Kreuk as Catherine.

"Most of the fans who have watched CW shows for years know her and respect her talents," Baca wrote.

Simpson believes Kreuk, who also starred in the television movie "Snow White: The Fairest of Them All," is the "right sort of person" for this role thanks to her previous experience in the fantasy and scientific genres.

"She's been down that road before with the various plot lines in 'Smallville,'" he said.

Source : http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/302034/201...istin-kreuk.htm

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
kkesoj
Posted: Jun 22 2012, 02:13 PM

Dedicated

Member No.: 139

Among the things required to have a successful TV weekly show is a two fold proposition. A) Great production including great subjects (theme of the show) great casts to portray the themes developed. cool.gif The cast has to develop from the very beginning great chemestry among themselves.
For the admirers of KK like myself, I know that KK will do her very best simply because that is the way she is. She will be a glue holding the cast together. She will atract all her fans from her last 11 years in the entertainment life. And I know we are a huge lot.
Something interesting happened to KK's performance on the 4 Chucks episodes, the viewers/audience were calculated to grow on those 4 shows. Just because it was KK. Nothing says that KK can not repeat that again. Of course she can and of course it will happen.
The complete cast will have to have the chemestry already mentioned. KK alone can not make the program successful. Same goes with the writing of the work/action on the episodes.
But KK is certainly an asset that will help for the expected success. KK has tyhe intelligence required, the talent, and the beauty toi make BATB a successful TV series.
kkesoj
Posted: Sep 20 2012, 11:11 AM

Dedicated

And now that KK is about 29 years old and will be 30 this Dec 30, makes her a very mature and beautiful woman. She is no longer our "girl". She is now our WOMAN. And a very beautiful woman she is.
sam
Posted: Oct 24 2012, 12:23 PM

Dedicated

Member No.: 73

I thought the pilot was okay but the series definitely improved come the 2nd episode so I think it will definitely get better as the series progresses. Is it me or does jay Ryan look like Jared padelecki from supernatural?
kkesoj
Posted: Oct 27 2012, 10:45 PM

Dedicated

Well, I have seen epi 1 and epi 2. Was unable to see epi 3 but definitely will be available for epi 4. KK did not dissapoint me. She continues to have an incredible talent. All the ranges of emotions she had to represent where on the spot. Her way of being dramatic, she excells. Her way of being "human", she also excells. Like I said all the ranges of drama required of her were excellently met. Her light aspects of Katherine were also there and well done. Of course, I am prejudiced in favor of KK. However, I still think that she does have a special talent for acting.
It helps her to be intelligent. Her amazing intelligence helps her to portray the character she needs to portray because she knows what she needs to know to do a good work. Is she a student of psychology?? I do not know but I think that she knows people's range of feelings and she performs her parts because she does have a knowledge in psychology of humans. Of course her beauty is as always EXTRAORDINARY. As a 29 year old woman, she continues to be beautiful. The clothing required for this job of jeans or slacks of one way or the other shows my favorite part of her anatomy. KK has the most cute booty of any female artist in the entertainment world today. And I said CUTE. I did not say big or small, just CUTE!!!
realhiphopuncut
Posted: Nov 8 2012, 01:35 AM

Beginner

Member No.: 3,664

i downloaded this on my i phone ... its early but so far its an awesome show ... and i dont like many show s poke.gif
Angus
Posted: Dec 17 2012, 07:50 PM

Advanced

Member No.: 2,190

QUOTE (realhiphopuncut @ Nov 8 2012, 01:35 AM)
i downloaded this on my i phone ... its early but so far its an awesome show ... and i dont like many show s poke.gif

It sure is...I love that is just keeps getting better and better...

--------------------
user posted image
realhiphopuncut
Posted: Jan 17 2013, 01:46 AM

Beginner

Member No.: 3,664

so far it is a dope show
Duprey
Posted: Mar 10 2013, 11:24 PM

Member No.: 3,725

hi Kristen

are you going to go on with Beauty and the Beast this is a great series me and my wife love this season biggrin.gif
aths09
  Posted: Sep 29 2013, 12:23 PM

Member No.: 20

[COLOR=red] me beauty beast CW of kris tin kreuk
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1567 seconds | Archive