Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to KristinKreukWeb.com. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (17) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

General Discussion, Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li
Webmistress
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 05:34 PM

Professional

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

From Comingsoon.net:

ComingSoon.net has learned that "Smallville" star Kristin Kreuk will play Chun-Li in Hyde Park Entertainment's Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li! Directed by Andrzej Bartkowiak from a Justin Marks script, the action pic starts filming in Thailand in March, 2008. 20th Century Fox will distribute the live-action feature based on Capcom's video game. The movie is focused on female fighter Chun-Li and her journey for justice.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=40381

--------------------
yojimbo413
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 05:35 PM

Advanced

Group: Members
Member No.: 300

*goes to find old Sega*

Seeing Kristin kicking ass will be so sweet wub.gif
SultanOfSix
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 05:41 PM

Dedicated

Member No.: 238

Webmistress
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 05:43 PM

Professional

QUOTE (SultanOfSix @ Dec 21 2007, 05:41 PM)
LOL. I used to play with Chun Li on Nintendo along time ago.

So much for movies with meaning.

WHA?! Street Fighter had a lot meaning to it. ohmy.gif

How dare you water down the meaningfulness of Street Fighter.

BACK-BACK-A-B-A-B. angry.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------
SultanOfSix
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 05:53 PM

Dedicated

Webmistress
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 05:56 PM

Professional

I made it up! laugh.gif I don't remember them, it's been so long since I played the game! laugh.gif

Resident Evil and Tomb Raider are games made into film that did well. hmm.gif

--------------------
SultanOfSix
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 06:00 PM

Dedicated

Ephrils
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 06:09 PM

Kreuk Crusader

Member No.: 34

Kristin as Chun Li?

I never considered that before. I agree with Sultan that if she is considered and takes the role she'll have to work through her modesty and shyness because Chun Li will likely have the upskirt deal as well as showing a lot of leg. Maybe if they use her Alpha outfit where she's got on long pants...

Video game to movies, particularly fighting games, don't seem to end well. Remember the original Street Fighter movie? Dead or Alive was basically just an excuse to have a bunch of eye candy in it. Obviously, she'd look hot in whatever Chun Li outfit they pick tongue.gif

On the game itself Street Fighter innovated arcs for special moves and charge moves(Back for 2 seconds -> Punch). I think Webmistress was more thinking Mortal Kombat. Which actually did quite well at the Box Office. They had a great Fight Choreographer. And given other game to movie transitions, Mortal Kombat did it better than a huge portion of movies out there.

--------------------
"If you hurt her I'll beat you to death with a shovel. A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!"
---Willow; Buffy the Vampire Slayer

My Kristin Video on YouTube
Kristin Kreuk, the Sexiest Actress Ever <3

Alexz Johnson <- Underappreciated Music
Webmistress
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 06:13 PM

Professional

QUOTE (SultanOfSix @ Dec 21 2007, 06:00 PM)
Arelis, how much can we trust this source?

No clue... I'm at wait and see myself.

Hence why the question mark after "Krisitn's new film" laugh.gif

Oh yeah, Mortal Kombat was another game made into film that did well.

The first one was good, second one...ugh...not so much.

--------------------
SultanOfSix
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 06:25 PM

Dedicated

Webmistress
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 06:28 PM

Professional

Well...this news is spreading like wild fire. I did a search of it on google and a bunch of sites came up reporting it...of course all have comingsoon.net as their source.

I wish I knew more about comingsoon.net. :-\

--------------------
yojimbo413
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 07:18 PM

Advanced

Member No.: 300

Heres how you play games like this.....*mashes every button*

I suck at video games.
Webmistress
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 07:33 PM

Professional

SPOILER

Script Review:

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

The new flick centers on one character: Chun-Li. Thatís it. No Ryu, no Ken, no Guile, no eight million characters. Now if you are going to get up-in-arms about this why not rent the original Street Fighter to see how you can do it wrong. However we do get a bunch of Street Fighter bad guys.

The movie is a revenge flick. Chun-Liís father works for Bison. Chun-Li is just a child when Bison comes to her house and takes her father away. Papa never returns and Chun-Li grows up to still be a good person, helping people on the street when she sees them in trouble in her home town of Hong Kong. While Chun-Li was growing up Bison was growing his organization. Taking on the Triads, Bison and his Shadow Law Organization take over the Kowloon district of Hong Kong.

Chun-Liís mother dies and now she has no one. She searches out a man called Gen and it is he who tells her that her father is actually still alive in the hands of Bison. Chun-Li then trains with Gen. She becomes faster! Stronger! She isÖTHE STREET FIGHTER!

The movie is a revenge flick plain and simple. Thereís some awesome kung-fu action in the script but thereís no fireballs. No sonic booms. No flash kicks. Pure and simple Chun-Li is on a mission to find her father and take down Bison.

She has help along the way. Mostly in a fellow named Nash who has come in from Interpol and is teamed with Detective Chu Ė with the Hong Kong gangland homicide division.

Bison has a few baddies with him. His right hand man is Balrog who had those boxing gloves on in the videogame. Here heís in his thirties and massive. Monster massive. Vega is here as well, described as talking in a Spanish accent. Yes he has his expressionless mask, his steel claw on his arm, and heís also someone who even a man like Balrog fears.

The script moves pretty fluidly. We move from scene after scene mostly following Chun-Li taking down Bison piece by piece. It intersects with Bisonís storyline himself and that of Nash before him and Chun-Li meet up.

Thereís a lot of emphasis here on actual story. On great kung-fu sequences. And violence. The violence is here in the script though Iím sure itíll be shot differently to get a PG-13 rating.

Script does get a bit corny when we are introduced to Bisonís private army, tanks and all. However this is a lone gripe and therefore, thinking back to Raul Julia shouting ďGAME OVER!Ē it is easily forgiven.

So the fight scenes are big and grandiose, the kind that spring right off the page at you. Mostly it is Chun-Li and her mentor Gen Vs. Bison, Balrog, Vega, and the little nameless minions.

This is a Hong Kong flick through-and-through. No travels to the States or some wildlife retreat. Itís an Eastern Ė made by the West.

Now if they choose to go with this script they could have the potential of breaking the mold of the videogame movie and actually have a franchise. Whoever plays Chun-Li will have a monster role in her hands. The script could have had a few more recognizable good or bad guys but, once again thinking back to the original Street Fighter movie, maybe itís not a good idea.

You have your characters and Chun-Li is the Street Fighter. And she attacks people with her thighs. Thatís always good for a film.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=2293

--------------------
SultanOfSix
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 08:19 PM

Dedicated

Psylocke
Posted: Dec 21 2007, 08:20 PM

Easily Distracted

Member No.: 662

I'd see it out of curiosity since I used to play the games growing up. I didn't really care for the first Street Fighter movie, but if Kristin Kreuk is going to be in it, then I will take my changes and see it.

--------------------
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (17) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1233 seconds | Archive