Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Journal Of One. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Video Game inspired anger., Oh come on.
Justin
Posted: Nov 26 2008, 04:37 PM

Administrator

Group: Journal Writer
Member No.: 1

This is a hefty rant I've been chewing on for quite a while.

I am quite the gamer. I spend MOST of my free time devoted to playing video games in some form or another. If I'm away from my stationary consoles and am somewhere that results in boredom I can usually be seen with my PSP and or DS.

I'm no novice when it comes to online gaming, and I'm beggining to see an interesting pattern of events when it comes to people's attitude and actions as well as clashing.

Here are some interesting debates I have ran into. (NOTICE: there is one non-video game related topic in here)

PS3 vs 360
No joke, people get into an absolute uproar about this. Honestly I would post examples, but there's usually cursing involved in every argument, and censoring leaves things up to the imagination to fill in gaps, I'd rather not let people stumble.

Really, why would somebody get mad about this? One person likes the Ps3, one person likes the xbox, let's enjoy our games and go on.

What people don't understand is that it's boiled down to personal taste. You like what you like and not what everyone else likes. Leave opinions as just that, opinions. Opinions shouldn't be argued or debated over; let's leave that to the facts.

COD vs. Halo
Honestly now, they're two different kinds of games. This recieves even more attention than the playstation and xbox debates.

A majority of people that play Halo (and only Halo) HATE Halo. I had ran into an instance last night as a matter of fact who said Halo sucks and made a big deal about it simply because I said I like Halo. I asked him what was wrong with it, and the ONLY reason he gave me was "it's dumb how you can fall 10000's of feet and not die". I asked 'em what else was wrong with Halo and he didn't give me another reason. Look, if you're going to make a holy huge deal about it. Please, just give another reason and good ones. A simple "not my type of game" works wonders too.

The Halo community is a little less hate-oriented towards COD. COD'ers simply just hate Halo. While the Halo'ers usually don't aknowledge anything about COD etc.

The Halo community as a whole is more agressive but don't bash COD while the COD community as a whole are generally nicer but bash Halo. Odd isn't it?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive
In dedication to S.E.A.R.C.H Ministries and its individuals who have helped and continue to encourage me.