INDEX HELP MEMBERS PORTAL
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to In Light Of Shadow. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

WELCOME
IN LIGHT OF SHADOW is an original superhero rpg set in modern day New York City. Will you fight for the side of justice, shoulder to shoulder with the Legends, or are you planning world domination with the devious Syndicate? Not a super? Do you work for the government or are you jut an innocent bystander. No matter what you are, we hope you join us.
Please register FIRST LAST

Quick Log in

LINKS

UPDATES
7/10/2012 PLOT UPDATE NO 1

STATS
M-F
Legends: 5-1
Syndicate: 4-2
Rogue: 2-4
Government 1-1
Civilian 0-0
*In need of more government agents and female syndicate/legends*

SETTING

ĒIsnít it kind of stupid to use one of your girlfriends to avenge the other?Ē
--James Donovan to Yakov Myshkin (First Steps)

CHAT

ADMINS
MAGGIE
MEG

SPOTLIGHTS

AFFILIATES

Credits
Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR

replynew topicpoll

NOVAK, pandora
PANDORA NOVAK
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 06:06 PM

Unregistered

I NEED A HERO
--------------------------------------------------------------------
PANDORA RUE NOVAK
user posted image

I seek ye vainly, and see in your place
The shadowy tempest that sweeps through space,
A whirling ocean that fills the wall
Of the crystal heaven, and buries all.
And I, cut off from the world, remain
Alone with the terrible hurricane.

IS IT A BIRD?

bucket list
    (kept on her person at all times)
    travel Europe
    spend the night in an aquarium
    lay in the middle of the road in the middle of the night
    trade ipods with a stranger for a day
    drive a fast car
    throw a drink in someoneís face
    have a nerf war
    make 1,000 paper cranes
    throw pizza through the air like a Frisbee
    find waldo
    sit ontop of the Hollywood sign
    go skydiving
    pay a strangerís tab at a restaurant
    go on a road trip
    stand in the pouring rain
    be in two places at once
    swing from a chandelier
    make a snow fort
    change my name
    inspire someone
    fly
    run away
    fall in love
    [SIZE=0]note: the above entry is scribbled out as if the author rethought the decision to place it on the list

impressions from strangers
    Most strangers who see her walking down the street donít think too much or too hard about her. Sheís blond, pretty by most standards but not model thin. Pandora wears clothing that fits her body well. While working as a singer she will play the part, mostly wearing dresses and high heels. Out on the town though Pandora is fond of comfortable clothing, which mostly includes jeans. Those that see her in the club might think sheís well off. Her clothing seems expensive and tailored and her heels are high. Upon her appearance she could be mistaken for a cold-hearted bitch. But on her days off her clothing is much more laid back making her easier to approach.

impressions in name only
    When most people hear the name Pandora they think of Pandoraís box, one that was opened and all the evils of the world spilled out followed by a small ray of hope. Those with the name are often approached with caution or believe that whoever was unfortunate to bear such a name had parents who truly didnít want the baby. Her middle name, Rue is the French word for street but also means the feeling of regret or remorse. Novak is a popular surname in Slavic countries (such as Czech Republic, Russia, Serbia, etc.), meaning ďstrangerĒ.

impressions from colleagues
    Most of her colleagues find her pleasant to work with. Pandora is social, intelligent and more than willing to help someone out. Because of these qualities Pandora is hard to dislike, that being said the people that know her for awhile start to realize a very obvious character flaw. She has the tendency to be tight lipped about her past. Sheís entirely honest (even a little blunt at times), but when it comes to the nitty gritty, those things that play a part in everyoneís personality and understanding of the world. Eventually they stop pushing and become mere acquaintances.

When it comes to those that know her in a more..intimate setting Pandora is just as evasive as she is with those she considers friends. Sheís lived in several cities throughout Europe and in the United States before finally coming to NYC. That being said the blond has left people in her wake. All her past boyfriends will give the same explanation; Pandora is terrified of falling in love. Itís not that she has a problem with being faithful to one person; itís more of the vulnerability of it all that frightens her. Pandora has never lived with any of her past boyfriends and none of them have ever met any of her family. Often times Pandora has had the tendency to leave in the middle of the night, lets call her flighty.

if the walls could talkÖ
    This is the classified file of one Sofie Marie Cerna.

date of birth: 13. 03. 1987
    place of birth: Prague, Czech republic
    parents: Tomas & Magdalena Cerna (foster parents, deceased)
    siblings: Felix Cerna (foster)
    current location: unknown
    known facts:
    Attended school without incident until 13 years of age. January of 2000 a string of robberies were scattered across Prague involving money taken in the middle of the night. Security cameras failed to capture the perpetrator, who was later believed to be thirteen-year-old Sofie Cerna. Tomas Cerna was seen confiding in a local priest every other week, spending two hours within the church each time. Sofie Cerna was pulled from school claiming that Mrs. Cerna would teach her instead. November 26, 2003 Tomas & Magdelena Cerna are involved in a serious car crash leaving both in critical condition. Both die in the hospital three days later in their sleep. Marek Cerna becomes legal guardian of both Felix and Sofie Cerna, relocating both children to Paris in December of 2003. Sofie and Felix are home schooled without incident until 6 months later. Priest Blanc is asked to perform an exorcism on Sofie Cerna. After several attempts noted by the priest he confides in Marek that the seventeen year old is a lost cause. Child protective services are called to the house but home life is described as normal with no threat to either children. After graduation from high school Sofie Cerna is enrolled in Oxford along with Felix Cerna. Government agents are stationed outside the Cerna apartment for several nights with no strange incident to report. One month later the student files are broken into, both Felix and Sofie Cernaís files are missing. After a wiretap is in place another incident is reported in which the police respond to a domestic disturbance. Felix Cerna is charged with assault against a neighbor and placed in prison after stolen items are found in his possession. Three months later Sofie Cerna has legally changed her name to Pandora Rue Novak. Passport was last stamped entering Montreal, Quebec.

believed abilities:
    After extensive interrogation of Priest Blanc Sofie Cerna is believed to have the ability of umbrakinesis also known as shadow manipulation. This power allows the user to control, manipulate and summon darkness, from a dimension of dark energy. Sofie Cerna has the ability to control the density and shape of darkness, having been seen using shadows as a weapon and a shield. Shadow mimicry is another attribute associated with Sofie Cerna which is the ability for the user to temporary control the shadow of another person, and by extent control the actions of their body. This ability is only affects the person for several seconds before they regain control. In addition Sofie Cerna has been known to make herself into a shadow, which causes her to become essentially two dimensional in appearance in addition to the ability of blending into a dimly lit room. Sofie Cerna is suspected of having the ability to create portals using the shadows/darkness by understand the fundamental connection that all shadows share.

believed flaws in abilities:
    A fundamental flaw of shadow manipulation is the absence of shadows, which can be achieved through strong and powerful light source. In the absence of darkness shadow manipulation is rendered useless. In addition the portal may be limited by the users knowledge of the area or by a specific distance. Priest Blanc has hinted that the control of darkness may be eating away at the consciousness of Sofie Cerna. It is believed that with prolonged use Sofie Cerna (now known as Pandora Novak) will become fully encompassed loosing all sense of morality and emotion. Although the time period is unknown the user must not be allowed to continue in fear that the result of being overcome by the ability will become a menace to society.

30 day introspective challenge

day 1. how old would you be if you didnít know how old you are?
    If I could pick my age I would say young, perhaps around 13? Not because of my appearance of course, but it gives me the chance to live my life again but not young enough not to understand the importance of it.

day 2. which is worse, failing or never trying?
    Failing, you donít get hurt if you never try right?

day 3. when itís all said and done, will you have said more than youíve done?
    I definitely would have done more than I have said. Most donít know when my birthday is let alone what Iíve done. So when itís all said and done, Iíve gone to my grave, those that will mourn my death will only know the good parts of me.

day 4. are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
    At the moment? I supposeÖI guess Iím settling. Iím sure if a psychiatrist could take a look at my life they would find fault in the way Iím living it, being elusive about myself and not opening up to many. But at the moment I suppose Iím doing what I believe in, keeping my independence and not choosing a side.

day 5. if the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
    I would have gotten out sooner, moved away quicker. Perhaps then I would have time to actually trust someone enough to open up.

day 6. to what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
    Not as much as I would ultimately like. Some things are out of my control and itís terrifying. I never quite believed in an all-knowing higher power but at this point Iím reassessing everything I thought to be concrete.

day 7. are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
    Doing the right things, guess that depends on whom you ask though? The right thing for one person could be the wrong thing for another.

day 8. if you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
    Donít take anything for granted, thatís all I could really tell anyone considering I donít quite lead by example.

day 9. would you break the law to save a loved one?
    Absolutely, there is no question. Even now there are those that I would die for.

day 10. what one thing have you not done that you really want to do? whatís holding you back?
    Everything on my bucket list I suppose. Holding me back? At this point not much, I suppose the only thing that would get in my way would be time. Time is not quite on my side.

day 11. are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
    Yes, but isnít everyone? Someone you wished you could have saved or something you wish you had done. I guess only those with the power of time travel can fix those regrets. I wonít tell you exactly what Iím holding onto, but I can tell you that it doesnít quite flatter my person. Which is probably why I keep it to myself.

day 12. would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
    Joyful simpleton, they can truly appreciate the beauty in everything. Although worrying serves itís purpose it also weighs us down.

day 13. have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
    No. I hate to say it but there is a reason I have few friends despite living in various cities.

day 14. which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
    Losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you would be the worst, then again Iím usually the one leaving so Iíve never been on the other side of that particular situation.

day 15. would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
    Lose all of my old memories, most of them arenít worth keeping. If I was unable to make new ones I would be like being stuck in time.

day 16. has your greatest fear ever come true?
    No, thankfully it hasnít.

day 17. do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? does it really matter now?
    It must have not been anything too important because I hardly remember it.

day 18. what is your happiest childhood memory? what makes it so special?
    Playing with all the children in the orphanage. I donít really remember who was even there or their names, but we got to be true children. We let go and played idiot games and chased each other. Being a child is being truly carefree.

day 19. at what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
    Skydiving. It was the adrenaline rush, my heart was in my throat but once you realized that the parachute would open it was complete freedom.

day 20. is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
    No, you can never truly know. There are factors that make up everyoneís actions, fears and desires. Everything is justifiable, but some things arenít quite what mortals would consider good excuses but everyone has them I suppose.

day 21. if you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
    No I quite like being a singer as a bar, I would just do it for free rather than asking for a salary.

day 22. would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
    More work that I enjoy doing, quality not quantity and yes I know that saying wasnít originally intended for this question but it still applies.

day 23. do you feel like youíve lived this day a hundred times before?
    I get dťjŗ vu like everyone does but to me I take it as a sign that I should be where I am and do what Iím doing at that moment. So noÖI feel like every day is new.

day 24. if you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
    I would try and find my birth mother and ask why she had given me up in the first place.

day 25. would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
    No, never.

day 26. what is the difference between being alive and truly living?
    Truly living I experiencing everything and doing everything you want. Itís a sense of giddiness and peace all in the same moment. I suppose I consider it like nirvana. Where being alive is just having a pulse.

day 27. when is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
    I would love to say now at this very moment but part of me is apprehensive about it. I try and live each moment but I canít say Iím truly livingÖI still haveÖfears.

day 28. if we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
    Even if we learn doesnít mean the fear isnít still there.

day 29. what would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
    Nothing, I try not to let others judgment influence me.

day 30. have you learned more about yourself by answering these questions the past 30 days?
    Iím still holding onto old fears I suppose.

WHO HOLDS THE PEN?

HELLO, MY NAME IS MEL AND I'M A TWENTY-TWO YEAR OLDFEMALE.
I LOVE YOUR SITE. I FOUND IT THROUGHVINNY/MAGGIE. YOU
MAY KNOW ME AS CLAIRE ROSENROCK. YOU CAN CONTACT ME
AT PM or MSN

PANDORA NOVAK
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 10:32 PM

Unregistered

FINISHED!!! FINALLY >.<
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Topic Options replynew topicpoll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0718 seconds | Archive