INDEX HELP MEMBERS PORTAL
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to In Light Of Shadow. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

WELCOME
IN LIGHT OF SHADOW is an original superhero rpg set in modern day New York City. Will you fight for the side of justice, shoulder to shoulder with the Legends, or are you planning world domination with the devious Syndicate? Not a super? Do you work for the government or are you jut an innocent bystander. No matter what you are, we hope you join us.
Please register FIRST LAST

Quick Log in

LINKS

UPDATES
7/10/2012 PLOT UPDATE NO 1

STATS
M-F
Legends: 5-1
Syndicate: 4-2
Rogue: 2-4
Government 1-1
Civilian 0-0
*In need of more government agents and female syndicate/legends*

SETTING

”Isn’t it kind of stupid to use one of your girlfriends to avenge the other?”
--James Donovan to Yakov Myshkin (First Steps)

CHAT

ADMINS
MAGGIE
MEG

SPOTLIGHTS

AFFILIATES

Credits
Sidebar: Dana
Coding Help: RCR

replynew topicpoll

Vexxed, Open
SAMANTHA ISENK
Posted: Feb 1 2012, 09:10 PM

Unregistered

user posted image

SAMANTHA ERIS ISENK

"Sir, while I share your concern I'm afraid that what you're asking is a bit unreasonable. I'll do what you want in the end but there has to be a better way," advised a female voice.

Speaking about such high security matters in an open space was ill-advised. The more this conversation continued the more that national security would be at risk. There was just no telling who was using cellular device scanners or other interception equipment in this city. Not to mention that it would be impossible to track anyone eavesdropping on said phone conversation due to the amount of people in New York. However, that wasn't the concern. The call had to be taken. The call had to be made. Too much was at risk.

There was a woman pacing Times Square among the sea of citizens moving about. Twice had she avoided being ran over by a rushing car. Fortunately, for now, there was a traffic jam. That was typical New York traffic halting. She continued her conversation. For a person that clearly had a pretty high security clearance to have such a conversation she took no heed in dressing like the important person she thought herself to be. She wore a red leather vest, a red hair band, blue jean pants and red sneakers. There was more of an appearance of being a teenager than a soldier.

"Sir, again, I get you. Please, don't ever think you have to tell me something twice. I got the plan. That isn't my issue. I'm asking about the necessity of it all. We should let the local law enforcement do their jobs. People already say government loves to get involved in matters that should be handled by the state. Doing this would only be horrible for a re-election bid. Remember, if the president loses his job then the incoming administration may decide to get rid of you too," she explained.

This was a lengthy conversation that was, again, being played out in the open. It was as if she didn't care that every little word that she was saying could potentially be overhead by the wrong person. She laughed as if the person on the other line said a joke or something that could be laughed at. Clearly, this woman was speaking to a superior. She wouldn't laugh at something unless it was appropriate to do so unless she didn't like her job and wanted to lose said employment. "Yes, yes. I guess I have done the impossible before. But there ain't too many more I can pull out of my ass before I need lube. Don't screw me, okay? I do this and I risk my career," she went on to say.

Now the nervousness was setting in. Her eyes began scanning around as if she were looking for something. She wedged the smart phone in-between her shoulder and ear and held the phone in place with the same shoulder. Her other hand rubbed on the shoulder and then the rest of the arm that was holding the phone in place to her ear. It was as if something was bothering her or itching like crazy. "Understood. By the way, can we PLEASE calibrate this thing again? The rubber skin hides it but, I dunno, it just feels weird on me," she pointed out. Rubber skin? It wasn't clear what that was supposed to mean. Her arm looked normal enough. That was to the naked eye. The skin on her right arm and what appeared to be bones underneath the skin was something else instead.

She hung up the phone and placed it into a cell phone holder on the belt around her waist. Both eyes continued to search the area. She was looking for something or someone...

VANDHEER LORDE
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 11:24 PM

Unregistered

.outershell { width: 330px; padding: 45px; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/HSxcz.png); } .innershell { padding: 5px; background-color: fff; } .description { width: 300px; height: 100px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; font-family: arial narrow; font-size: 10px; margin-bottom: 5px; color: 000; } .charname { font-family: fredericka the great; font-size: 25px; text-align: center; margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 10px; color: 000; } .shortdesc {font-family: arial narrow; font-size: 12px; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; letter-spacing: 3px; padding-top: 2px; font-weight: bold; color: 000; } .description::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 10px; } .description::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color: 404040; }Vandheer LordeThe only problem · I see here · is youVlad slipped out of the tree he was residing in for that afternoon. He loved the weather here in New York. It was so chilly, and the air bit at his face with cold respite. Oh shit, someone's here... Of course someone was there. It was the middle of Central Park, but he sensed someone. He sensed a superpower hidden among the normative. Vlad quickly slid his hello kitty mask on, fearing that the someone out there was being a little too... nosy. He tried as hard as he could to get back into the crowd so that he wouldn't be noticed. He still didn't quite understand that the mask pointed him out as someone suspicious; not to mention his dirty, heavy hoodie and jeans. One thing Vlad hated was fear. He wasn't afraid; he was wise. He had no place to go, nobody as a friend, and certainly not stupid enough to make enemies already. Someone with these abilities...he sensed strength in combat. How interesting... Now isn't the time for that kind of thought. Look at how vulnerable you are, you disgusting faggot! , he thought to himself. You literally can't afford to make an enemy this early. Just get the hell out of here. He liked to make friends on his own termsThe only problem was: he couldn't exactly tell where the power was coming from. Whoever had it certainly wasn't using it, so Vlad remained clueless and vulnerable, deciding which way to run. Some say she knows two facts about ducks and they're both wrong.All we know is... She's called The Stig.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options replynew topicpoll

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4263 seconds | Archive