Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Hey, Say, Anime. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

2009 Winter Countdown
Minnie: Rose of Wisteria
Posted: Oct 21 2009, 10:57 PM

Maria is my Hero~

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Here is the deal blogmates. Remember last year's winter countdown for those who were here? We had a countdown on our favorite OPs and EDs; one post a day until New Year's. This year, we're going to go one post a day until the 26th of December. Every day will represent a member of the team. And why am I telling you guys this so early? Because some of you might want to work on yours early because if your day comes and you don't have a post ready for me to publish, I have a severe punishment in store. Cheers~

14th- Garrick/Koala w/ ~ef~ a tale of memories
15th- Minnie w/ Bokura ga Ita
16th- Katt/TZM w/ Kemono no Souja Erin
17th- Steve/Bearie w/ Princess Tutu
18th- Miken w/ Le Chevalier d'Eon
19th- Taan/Raccoon w/ Noien
20th- Angel/Banana
21th- Ric/Tangerine w/ Black Jack
22th- Marissa/Minorin w/ Nodame Cantabile
23th- Duke w/ Junjou Romantica
24th- Octavia/Tea w/ Last Exile
25th- Dari/Ringy w/ Cyber City Uedo 888

What will you write in your post? I'll figure it out in a second. tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hey, Say, Anime!

"I always wished to be accepted by my surroundings and to change myself for that reason.
But... I don't care if I'm disliked...
I don't care if I don't have a place where I belong...
I don't mind if everyone rejects me starting tomorrow...
I will become a devil for the person who is trying to protect me."
-Maria Kawai, Akuma to Love Song
Posted: Oct 22 2009, 04:25 PM

Maria is my Hero~

Any topic suggestion- please reply here. Tangerine has already recommended favorite anime series for different categories like "characters", "plot", and other stuff. Any other suggestions?

--------------------
user posted image
Hey, Say, Anime!

"I always wished to be accepted by my surroundings and to change myself for that reason.
Taan: Wanderer of Nightmares
Posted: Oct 22 2009, 06:38 PM

confused confused

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

I was going to suggest random ramblings, but that probably won't work too well, huh?

Well, besides that, maybe favorite underrated/unknown anime? I mean it is christmas, right? It'd be nice to give our readers great serieses they've never heard of. I don't know how applicable that is though, since some people might not know any or know only a few.

Actually, does it even have to be about a specific anime? Maybe like rant about your most hated plot device or character type or something? I really like my rambling idea, see...

--------------------
This is a sig. You are reading it.
draringi
Posted: Oct 22 2009, 08:56 PM

Type-moon fanboy

Member No.: 37

top characters, not restricted just to anime, but including manga, VNs and light novels as well.

that's my 10 cents... minus about 9 cents...
Posted: Oct 23 2009, 01:32 AM

confused confused

I thought the expression was two cents.

--------------------
draringi
Posted: Oct 23 2009, 01:49 AM

Type-moon fanboy

might be... does it matter? let us look at some countries that don't have 1 cent coins... e.g. Australia, it's smallest coin is the 5 cent coin, so as 2 of those coins in 10 cents... so 10 cents would be valid there... maybe... but as I said earlier, that part wasn't the part that matters, is it, it's the part that came before it that matter... a bit...
Posted: Oct 23 2009, 04:33 AM

confused confused

Considering that "my two cents" is an expression crated from a culture with actual 1 cent coin denominations, it would not matter what kind of coins are available to the user of the phrase. It would be rather strange to say that an expression changes its meaning based on the geographical context of the speaker, barring cultural and linguistic differences. They would cease to be expressions and more of... nonsense. It wouldn't be hard to think of many ancient expressions that have survived until today that have no logical meaning in contemporary context.

Which leads me to a new suggestion: everyone write essays on their favorite anime related thing. Well, essays is an exaggeration of course. I don't know why but I seem to prefer it not to be restricted to a specific theme. Of course, themes are fine, and they're fairly easy to come up with. I'd just prefer doing whatever to following a theme. Or something. Maybe not. Man, I can't think...

--------------------
Posted: Oct 23 2009, 07:18 PM

Maria is my Hero~

I took all you guys said into consideration and decided....

Everyone will post about their most favorite underhyped anime. Everyone will either tell me their underhyped anime here or on MSN or e-mail or PM or whatever and I will put it next to their name on the list in the first post. Why? Because I don't want two people writing about the same underhyped anime. Plus, if everyone else in the blog thinks that person's anime is not really underhyped, they can say something about it and we'll change it.

Anyways, a couple of examples of hyped anime: any KyoAni anime tongue.gif especially Haruhi Suzumiya, Naruto/Bleach/One Piece, FMA/FMP, Pokemon/Yugioh/Shaman King, Cardcaptor Sakura/Shugo Character/Magical Girl Nanoha, anime where you see a billion cosplayers for such as ToraDora/Death Note, etc.

And for that one person I know who will ask me this: Is OVA allowed? Yes, it is. tongue.gif But just warning, no doing ToS/ToP you Tales fanatics. tongue.gif The Tales series is hyped enough. ^^

Someone else asked for a wildcard section at the end: This will depend on everyone else voting yes or no to that. What is the wildcard section? Ask the fruit.

My choice: PRINCESS TUTU!!!!!!!!!! <3 wub.gif No one else can have it. tongue.gif UGH, but I want SUPER GALS too.... T___T

--------------------
user posted image
Hey, Say, Anime!

Posted: Oct 23 2009, 10:47 PM

confused confused

I'm thinking of one of Noein, Gun x Sword, kino's journey, scryed, cromartie, spiral, solty rei, le portrait de petit cosette or some others. I don't know if they're unknown enough though. I'll probably do Noein anyways, but just in case, anyone care to eliminate more well known ones from this list?

--------------------
Posted: Oct 24 2009, 03:02 AM

Maria is my Hero~

Gun x Sword and S-cry-ed are well-known and slightly hyped but the rest are all underhyped so you're fine with most of your list <3

--------------------
user posted image
Hey, Say, Anime!

Tangerine: The Citrus King
Posted: Oct 28 2009, 06:52 PM

Och! D:

Member No.: 28

QUOTE (Minnie: Rose of Wisteria @ Oct 23 2009, 07:18 PM)
Ask the fruit.

Just thought I would elaborate on the Wildcard thing. Basically, the idea was to basically pick your favourite well...anything, so long as it's underhyped.

For example, me picking Blue Beetle (A DC comic, for all those wondering) or something like that and applying the same things I would to the underrated anime. It can be anything, as long as you can justify it and it's not too well known.

--------------------
[align=center]user posted image
draringi
Posted: Nov 27 2009, 08:19 PM

Type-moon fanboy

I think I might go with Cyber City Uedo 888. It's an old classic that is relatively under-hyped.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2772 seconds | Archive