InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting

Name:   Password:

Welcome
Welcome to Hang 'Em High! We are an advanced Supernatural roleplay set in the United States and it's territories during the early 1880's. We've recently advanced our site-time from 1880 to 1881, and simultaneously changed site hosts to JCINK. This site will remain open as an archive-only site, and will not be accepting any new members or advertisements, but if you'd like to join up, feel free to check out
Hang 'Em High 1881!

The above is our site rating, as per the Universal RPG Rating System, so bear this in mind if you're intending on reading through any of the archived content on this site. It may contain mature language, situations, etc. that some people could find offensive.
Staff

Credits
-All site graphics were made by the Amazing STEPHA, Graphics Goddess!

-Sidebar: DANA of RCR

-Skin: SQUIDFACE of RPG-D, CANTERBURY of CAUTION!

-WPW Template: LORREIGN of CAUTION!

-All personal character graphics belong to their ORIGINAL CREATOR

-Huge thanks to KALISTA and SULLY for their help with all the coding mumbo-jumbo!

Don't forget to check out:
RPG-D

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply  New Topic  New Poll  

Sure Is Lonely In the Saddle (Open!)
OLIVE "THE LADY" MIRA
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 03:53 AM

Curly Wolf

Group: Inactive Members
Member No.: 18

The inhospitable desert of Nevada was someplace Lady rarely ventured, it wasn't worth it to risk her life in pursuit of a bounty. This time, however, she had taken the risk to go after a murderous skinwalker. She'd been tracking the thing through multiple towns, it had taken three lives before she was able to get it within her sights. That was when the damn thing had taken off into the desert in an attempt to lose Lady, knowing that its coyote form was much better suited for surviving the harsh terrain.

Believing that she had anything she could need in the sweltering heat, and that she could catch the skinwalker before it got far, Lady led her horse in pursuit. Unfortunately, the chase was taking much longer than she had anticipated. On the third day, her horse had collapsed from heat exhaustion. Instead of leaving him to be tortured in his last hours by scavengers, Lady had put a bullet in his skull, ending his suffering. It pained her to do so, as he had been the only constant in her life for nearly five years. But she got through it by telling herself all of the awful things that would happen to him if she didn't do it.

Now as Lady trudged along, with the sun hanging high over her head, her cowboy hat wasn't enough to protect her skin from the damaging rays and she could practically feel her skin burning. Her shirt clung to her body from the sweat pouring down her back and chest, and even though her hair was tied up and away from her neck there was no breeze to cool it. Her body was tiring with each step, and she began to contemplate dumping some of the things that she carried in her bag. It contained her food and water canteen (which was nearly empty as well), and other essentials like her revolver. It was a miserable existence, to say the least. How anything could survive under these conditions was a complete mystery to Lady.

The skinwalker had totally left Lady's mind, by this point she was focused solely on survival. And based on her current state, she knew she wouldn't last much longer than another day or two if she didn't find more water. Then she saw it: a large cluster of rocks. It was large enough to provide some shelter from the sun's unrelenting beating and a place to rest. The rocks stood out like a sore thumb in the middle of the flat desert land, but all Lady cared about was getting to the shade. It felt to her like it took hours to reach, and when she finally arrived next to them she practically collapsed to the ground.

Now that she was off them, Lady finally noticed how much her feet hurt. They throbbed and sweated in her boots, and she was sure they were raw on bottom, but that wasn't her biggest problem at hand. Removing her canteen from her tattered old bag, she drained the last of her water, which was hardly enough to wet her cracked lips. Things definitely weren't looking good for the Hunter. But damn it felt good to take a load off. Lady's eyes searched for any possible source of water, an oasis, a cactus plant, anything. But there wasn't anything in sight except for sand and dirt. All she could do was hope that someone found her.

--------------------
user posted image
graphics credit to the awesome ASHLEY at caution!
BRIYA LOVARA
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 05:06 PM

Gypsy Fortune Teller
Group Icon

Group: Psychics (Admin)
Member No.: 27

Briya came across the dead horse first, and knew she was on the right track.

She and her sister, Sonja, had been tracking the skinwalker themselves for the past several days, and the creature had proven to be not only violent, but viciously clever as well. In the end, Briya had turned to her cards for an answer, and in them she ad clearly seen Lady, and Lady's own ill-fated pursuit of the skinwalker. Without assistance, it was obvious that the huntress would die of thirst and exposure, and Briya couldn't let that happen, seeing also that in the future, Lady would undoubtedly save many more lives were she allowed to live through this.

So Briya had set out after the woman, leaving Sonja to track the skinwalker on her own. Of course she was worried about her younger sister, but at the same time, the both agreed that Lady couldn't just be left to die. Sonja had promised not to close with the monster until Briya returned, unless she absolutely had to. And, though Briya's stomach was twisted with worry for her sister, she also knew that Sonja was more than able to take care of herself, and had been for a long, long time.

Still, old habits died hard, and Briya had been worrying about and taking care of Sonja since they were both little girls.

But now was the time to push her worry aside, and to find her quarry. Lady had made it deep into the desert, far deeper than Briya would have expected. Her own horse was beginning to fatigue quickly, so she slowed her pace a bit, but still continued onward. Her saddle bags were laden with food and water, and she had chosen to leave everything else behind. Besides the food and water, all she carried were her knives, cleverly hidden on her body, and all silver. If the skinwalker came for them before Sonja could finish it off, Briya would be able to defend herself and Lady if need be.

Eventually the gypsy seer caught sight of the rock formation that she'd seen in her vision, and she breathed a sigh of relief. Now, if only Lady was still alive, then everything would be alright. Dismounting, she took the reins and led her horse the rest of the way. Knowing that it was foolish and dangerous to sneak up on a hunter, Briya made as much noise as possible, and even called out as she neared.

"Hello? Is anyone here? I have food, and water..."
OLIVE "THE LADY" MIRA
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 08:36 PM

Curly Wolf

Out of all the ways Lady would have pictured herself dying, this wasn't one of them. Lying helpless and spent on the dusty desert ground in the middle of East Jesus Nowhere wasn't exactly her idea of an honorable death. Still, there were worse ways to go. She supposed being stuck in the freezing cold and snow somewhere would be worse, since cold could be painful and stinging before it made one numb. Then again, if Lady's body went numb she wouldn't be able to feel some of the pain. But the way most hunters wanted to die was in the heat of battle, while trying to take out an evil creature and serving up justice. That would have been ideal, instead of the slow, agonizing drain of the sweltering heat and sun.

How could she have been so stupid? Lady should have been able to see this coming, she should have realized that she wasn't prepared to take on the grueling desert. Very few humans are capable of surviving this desert, and even those people are trained and experienced. The hunter damned herself for being so naive and cocky, as her body grew heavier and more lethargic.

All she wanted to do was close her eyes for a bit and drift off, until she heard another female voice from not so far away. Lady was instantly alert, as much so as she could be in her current state. Her hand went to rest on her concealed revolver, which was ready for action should she need it against whoever was coming. The woman's accent was thick, and hard for the hunter to place.

Lady was wary of trusting a stranger, even if they claimed to have food and water for her. How did she know it wasn't poisoned or drugged? Still, she was close to death anyway, so it wouldn't really make much difference if it was poisoned..she'd end up on death's doorstep either way.

"Who are you?" Lady called out in return as she heard the other woman approaching. Her voice came out surprisingly raspy, her mouth and throat were nearly as dry as the earth beneath her. Her grip tightened on her revolver as the stranger came into view, she was tensed and ready to react quickly if need be.

--------------------
user posted image
BRIYA LOVARA
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 02:43 PM

Gypsy Fortune Teller
Group Icon

Holding her horse's reins with one hand, she held her other one out before her to show she meant no harm.

"My name is Briya, and I came looking for you," she said, answering Lady honestly since she saw no reason to lie. "I am aware that you have been hunting a skinwalker, the same skinwalker that my sister and I are after, in fact..."

As she spoke, Briya found a dead, stunted bush to tie her horse to. She then opened the saddle bags and pulled out a waterskin, some bread, and some hard cheese and jerky. Glancing back at Lady, she held the items out to show the hunter that they were no threat, only food, and cautiously made her way over, offering the items to her.

"My sister is still on the beast's trail, so you do not need to worry about that right now," Briya told her. "Right now, you need to eat and drink, and gain your strength back. Perhaps after that, we can go after my sister and the monster."

Again, that sisterly concern welled up in Briya. She knew it was a foolish fear, for Sonja was entirely capable of handling the skinwalker on her own, and had done so more than once in the past... But still, Briya was an older sister, and nothing she could tell herself could assuage the fear that something would happen to Sonja because she wasn't there to protect her.

Frowning a bit, Briya glanced off into the distance, as if somehow able to see her sister, despite the great distance that separated them. She couldn't of course; her abilities weren't that strong, after all. Sighing, she returned her attention to Lady.

"Eat and drink your fill, there is plenty more. I came prepared." Briya couldn't help a slight, sly smile as she continued, saying, "Unlike some people, it would seem." She followed the comment with a friendly wink, not wanting Lady to feel insulted.
OLIVE "THE LADY" MIRA
Posted: Apr 9 2012, 01:16 AM

Curly Wolf

Lady was sure she didn't know this woman, Briya, so why would she have come looking for her? If she knew there was a skinwalker nearby, then why make a detour for one life when so many more were at stake? Then again, Lady was grateful, and she likely would have done the same if she knew a fellow hunter was trapped on death's doorstep.

"How did you know I was here, and what I was hunting?" Lady wanted to know, wanted to know if someone was talking about her that she didn't know of or if Briya was something more than human. But all thought was eradicated when she saw the food and water that the other woman produced from her bags.

All manners were forgotten as Lady greedily reached for the nourishment. She began to wolf down the food, taking long gulps of water in between while Briya spoke about her sister. Looking up every so often, Lady could see the concern written on the brunette's face. The hunter had never had a sister, so she couldn't know first hand the kind of worry Briya had. But she did know how family was, so she could imagine.

Then Lady quirked an eyebrow at Briya's last comment, about not coming into the desert prepared. She had to take a second to swallow the giant bite of bread in her mouth and wash it down with more water before she replied.

"I wasn't anticipatin' spendin' this much time in the desert. If I had, then I'da brought a hell of a lot more supplies." Lady didn't much appreciate the comment, but Briya had saved her life. And the wink tossed in at the end told Lady that she didn't mean it the way it was taken. So Lady finished with the bread and moved on to the cheese. She hadn't really realized how hungry she was until she started eating.

--------------------
user posted image
BRIYA LOVARA
Posted: Apr 14 2012, 05:54 PM

Gypsy Fortune Teller
Group Icon

user posted image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WITHOUT IT ALL, I'M CHOKING ON NOTHING
IT'S CLEAR IN MY HEAD THAT I'M SCREAMING FOR SOMETHING

KNOWING NOTHING IS BETTER THAN KNOWING IT ALL

Briya fell silent when Lady asked how she'd known to look for her here.

That was always a very, very tricky subject, especially when it came to hunters. There were some who would see her as only another monster when they learned about her psychic abilities, and Briya had no way of knowing if Lady was that kind of hunter. She hoped that Lady was the type that would see her as just another person, albeit with some extraordinary gifts. There was really no way to know for sure though, without simply telling her.

Currently, Briya held the advantage if a fight did break out. Lady was weak from hunger, and more than a little dehydrated. Plus, she was very distracted by the food, and would probably be slow to react. Briya was confident that she could put a blade in Lady's heart or eye before the other woman could raise her gun and fire. Well... pretty confident anyway... You never could tell with hunters, and that was a fact.

"I am a fortune teller," Briya finally said, watching Lady's reaction closely, ready to act if need be. "I saw your plight in my cards, and could not leave you here to die."

Well, there it was. She'd told the truth, more or less. True, she hadn't volunteered any more information than the fortune telling bit, but that was enough, she thought. No point in giving Lady a laundry list of her abilities, especially since most of them were weak and unreliable. Besides, it would give her an edge if she kept most of it to herself. Assuming, of course, that things went badly.

Briya held out hope that Lady would not see her as just another monster in need of killing. While she and her sister had clashed with hunters in the past, they always tried to simply escape with their lives rather than actually kill any hunters. For one thing, that would make them look like the monsters they were trying to convince the hunter they were not; secondly, Briya liked to believe that if you killed a hunter, then you were also responsible for the deaths of all the people they would not be able to save now.

Steeling herself for a confrontation, Briya simply waited.
TAGGED: Lady
NOTES: None
LYRICS: The Used - "On My Own"
CREDITS: Thanks to BUNNYA! at Caution 2.0

OLIVE "THE LADY" MIRA
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 08:10 PM

Curly Wolf

Fortune teller wasn't an answer that Lady had expected to her question. She couldn't remember every running into a card reader before. Then again, Briya obviously wasn't from America, or any place nearby for that matter. Lady found herself a little curious. She had met other people who claimed to be able to see the future through a deck of cards, but they always turned out to be con artists. This time, however, was not a scam.

"Well, I appreciate you comin' all the way out here." A couple of factors made Lady decide to trust Briya, if only for the moment. One, the woman had come all the way into the middle of the desert, possibly risking her own life, to help Lady. Second, she figured that if the fortune teller meant Lady any harm, she would have made an attempt by now. Giving food and water to a hunter to make them strong again wasn't exactly conducive to attacking them. Now all this didn't mean that Briya had earned Lady's unconditional trust. Just enough for them both to get out of the desert and take care of the skinwalker.

Not all people with unnatural talents were monsters, Lady recognized that. Sure, the majority of witches, shapeshifters, and whatever else are sadistic creatures. But there were always exceptions to any rule. Lady counted herself as lucky that the person who found her was one of those exceptions. At least, as far as she could tell. Manipulation and deception was usually a trademark of monsters, and the hunter would stay on her toes around Briya until she knew more about the woman.

Lady felt considerably better after she had filled her belly and quenched her dry throat. Enough so that she could try to stand on her blistered feet and shaky legs. Using the rocks behind her, Lady was able to get up and stand straight, though it took a few seconds for her head to stop spinning. Her feet burned in protest, but she forced herself to stay upright, testing her strength.

"Shall we?"

--------------------
user posted image
BRIYA LOVARA
Posted: May 4 2012, 07:07 PM

Gypsy Fortune Teller
Group Icon

user posted image

Briya smiled a bit, glad to see that Lady seemed to be doing much better.

She knew that she'd cut it very close this time. If she'd taken much longer to reach the stranded hunter, it was quite possible that Lady would be dead. Briya promised herself that next time, she would make sure to leap into action immediately when it came to one of her visions, especially when it involved a hunter in need.

Briya knew that there was a great storm on the horizon, one that was building somewhere far to the south and threatening to sweep north and annihilate everything in its path. She still didn't know what it was exactly, as her visions had been vague at best, but she knew that they would need every bit of help they could get. And a dead hunter couldn't help anyone, of course.

"Come," Briya said, walking back over to her horse. "My horse can carry us double, and we will head back to town. Once there, we can resupply and meet up with my sister to finish off this skinwalker that has been causing so much trouble."

Briya mounted up easily and offered a gloved hand to Lady, in case she was still feeling weak from her ordeal.

"If you are going to be riding behind me, you must promise to be careful where you touch me," Briya told her, frowning a little. "Make sure there is always fabric between your flesh and my own. If you were to touch me skin to skin, things would be... unfortunate."

OLIVE "THE LADY" MIRA
Posted: May 12 2012, 02:20 AM

Curly Wolf

Of course it was completely normal to run into psychics when one was a hunter, but it wasn't always normal for one to ride clear out into the desert to save a random hunter, risking their own skin in the process. Just like every other species, there were good and there were bad psychics. And having just met this random fortune teller named Briya, Lady wasn't quite sure which side she was on. For the time being, Lady trusted her because she had come to bring her food and water. And there was the matter of Briya being her only real way out of the desert. That wasn't something Lady was particularly fond of, she couldn't stand being the helpless damsel in distress. It wasn't good for image when one was a woman in a man's world.

Lady wasn't sure how much use she would be against the skinwalker until she had rested properly, and riding double back with Briya certainly wasn't going to help. Normally the steady rhythm of a ride was calming and relaxing for the hunter, but not likely when she had to keep her attention on the strange fortune teller. It took her some effort to climb up onto the horse behind Briya, as she was too stubborn to take the offered gloved hand. She had already accepted more help than she usually liked to, and she'd be damned if she would make herself out to be a weakling to Briya.

But then, what the fortune teller said about skin to skin contact seemed strange to Lady. She didn't like not knowing what Briya was capable of, in case they did end up getting into a scuffle. For all Lady knew, this woman could kill with a touch. She had witnessed many strange things in her time, that wouldn't surprise her.

Lady nodded her agreement to Briya's request, though not without a questioning eyebrow quirk. "Alright, no direct contact." She didn't bother asking why, she knew the psychic likely wouldn't just tell any hunter about whatever special power she had. And the hunter couldn't blame her.

Having slung her now nearly empty bag over her shoulder before mounting the horse, Lady kept one hand near its mouth to keep her revolver within quick and easy reach. Her left arm went around Briya's waist to hold herself steady once they took off, and she was careful to make sure their skin didn't touch, as the other woman had requested.

The hunter couldn't help noticing the slim shape of Briya's waist. Obviously psychic abilities weren't the only power this woman had, she was also beautiful and very fit, and had a voice like satin and an exotic accent to go with it. But now was not the time to be thinking about those things. They needed to get back into town and take care of business. They had a skinwalker to kill, and possibly a sister to help.

"Let's go get us a skinwalker hide."

--------------------
user posted image
BRIYA LOVARA
Posted: May 17 2012, 09:27 PM

Gypsy Fortune Teller
Group Icon

user posted image

Once Lady had mounted up behind her, the pair set off in the direction that Briya had come.

It felt strange to have someone riding behind her that wasn't Sonja, as it was typically unsafe for Briya to have someone quite this close. In those situations where the sisters had been forced to bring someone along, or to rescue someone and make a fast get away, the job of riding double generally went to the younger Lovara sister, who was both smaller and lighter, and capable of touching people. Still, there didn't seem to be much choice, and so long as Lady followed her simple instructions, Briya thought that the ride should go just fine.

In the silence that fell between the two woman as they rode, Briya could sense many feelings emanating from Lady. Though not one of her stronger abilities, Briya did possess a small amount of Empathy; just enough to pick up on the emotions of those in very close proximity to her, or those projecting very strongly, consciously or unconsciously. She wasn't surprised, really, to pick up on Lady's curiosity concerning her request for no physical contact, and her general uncertainty regarding the entire situation.

What did surprise her, though, were the feelings that came after. Briya didn't need to be watching Lady to know that the other woman was subtly checking her out, and from the "color" of the emotions emanating from the hunter, it was obvious that she apparently found Briya attractive. Well, that was certainly different, as it was usually Sonja who caught the attention of people, rather than Briya herself. And things worked out better that way, of course, since there really wasn't anything Briya could do to take advantage of someone being attracted to her...

She shook her head a bit to clear it, and continued riding on in silence.

It was hours later--and the sun was just beginning to set--when the small town finally appeared on the horizon. "Town" of course was a very strong word. Rather, this place was simply a small collection of buildings situated at the intersection of two important trade routes. It had a single tavern that rented out a pair of small rooms to travelers who were passing through, a general store where folks could buy and sell goods, and a smithy. So far as Briya knew, the small settlement didn't even have a name, and everyone in the area simply referred to it as "Town."

"My sister and I have rented one of the rooms above the tavern," Briya said, finally breaking the long silence that had fallen between them. "We will rest the night, then be up with the sun to outfit ourselves before catching up to my sister and our quarry. This is acceptable to you?" she asked as her tired horse meandered its way into Town, not even trying to put up a fight as Briya steered him toward the tavern.

OLIVE "THE LADY" MIRA
Posted: May 28 2012, 05:51 PM

Curly Wolf

The ride seemed to take forever. The silence made it stretch on and on, and it felt awkward to Lady. Though she didn't dare to break it. Besides, it wasn't all bad. Their speed created a bit of a breeze that felt nice on the hunter's scorched skin, even if the air hitting her was dry. She was sure that the second her body cooled down from the boiling heat, the pain from the sunburn was going to catch up with her. But there were much worse pains to have to put up with, a burn could be handled easily.

As the sun began to drop beyond the horizon, so did the temperature. The change wasn't much yet, but it was just noticeable. And there was even more relief when a tiny little town came into view just a few minutes away. Normally town meant people, and people meant more food, water, and shelter. The latter was something Lady would have killed for, she desperately needed a few hours of shut eye.

A room above the tavern sounded damn good, any room with a bed sounded good as the exhaustion finally began to catch up with Lady. She had been running purely on fumes before, and the long ride to this small town hadn't helped matters much. It was lucky that Lady could still keep her eyes open, and was able to get herself off Briya's horse and stand on her own two feet when they stopped outside said tavern. "Sounds like a right good plan. Lead the way."

Lady's mind protested this plan, telling her that they shouldn't be wasting time. They should be going after the monster now instead of waiting until morning, by which time it could have racked up its body count. But her body happily acquiesced, telling her that as soon as her head hit a pillow she was going to pass out.

--------------------
user posted image
BRIYA LOVARA
Posted: Jun 16 2012, 09:16 PM

Gypsy Fortune Teller
Group Icon

user posted image

Briya nodded to Lady, and after getting her horse settled into the stable, she stepped into the tavern.

It took a moment for her eyes to adjust, as the main room was dimly lit with smoky candles. That smoke, along with smoke from a myriad of cigars and the hearth--which, it seemed, was not properly vented--hovered about the room, making it difficult not only to see, but to breath as well. The commotion of men laughing and cursing, and of glass mugs slamming on tables and drunken singing, assaulted Briya's ears as surely as a soft babble of thoughts and emotions drifted around her.

Making a face, she turned to make sure Lady was still with her before heading across the common room and up the steep, creaky stairs. This wasn't the best place that she and her sister had stayed in the past, but it certainly wasn't the worst. The rooms upstairs were fairly clean, the beer was good, and the food was at least edible.

The room she'd rented was at the end of a small hallway, and Briya opened the door with a gloved hand, stepping inside and holding it open for Lady. The room wasn't much: a single bed--little more than a cot, really--a bedside table with a lamp, a small shuttered window, and a trunk to store personal belongings.

"Feel free to use the bed, and try to get at least a little sleep," Briya said with a smile. "I have little problem sleeping on the floor, as I have slept in far worse places in the past. Also, out of the two of us, I believe that you are the one who needs the bed most."

OLIVE "THE LADY" MIRA
Posted: Jun 26 2012, 08:53 PM

Curly Wolf

As they stepped into the tavern, it was nearly the same as every other establishment like it. The atmosphere was thick with smoke and drunken antics. In other words, it was Lady's kind of place. The perfect place to pick up on some rumors from around town, and then have a drink or two.

Lady followed Briya upstairs and down the hall to the tiny room. It wasn't bad, the hunter had definitely settled for a lot less in the past. And even the remarkably flat looking cot seemed better than nothing.

She didn't argue when Briya told her she could take the bed, she was far too tired and out of fuel. Instead, Lady just thanked her and went to sit on the side of the cot. First to go was her hat, which she sat on the bedside table and ran a hand through her hair to unmat it from her head. Then off came the boots, and lastly Lady brought a small blade out of her shoulder sack to place under the pillow. It was a long standing habit.

Lady was finally able to lay down and rest, and damn it felt good. She thought she uttered something along the lines of "Thank you for your help," before she passed out cold, but she wasn't sure.

--------------------
user posted image
BRIYA LOVARA
Posted: Jul 13 2012, 04:43 PM

Gypsy Fortune Teller
Group Icon

user posted image

Briya watched as Lady fell quickly asleep.

Only then did she let her own weariness come to the fore, hanging her head and sighing heavily, running a hand through her thick dark hair. Hers was an emotional weariness as much as it was physical, for her concern for her sister's well being was weighing heavily upon her. The Lovara sisters rarely separated while on a hunt, but Briya simply couldn't let Lady suffer a slow, painful death in the desert. And, despite her worry, Briya knew that Sonja was a far more capable hunter than she herself, and that her little sister was more than able to take care of herself.

Of course, telling herself that and believing it were two entirely different things, and she'd ever been the over-protective big sister.

At the moment, though, all of that mattered little. There was nothing she could do about the situation with so much distance between them, and it would do her no good to leave now, in her exhausted state. Come morning, once both she and Lady had had time to rest up, they could restock and set out after Sonja together. Undoubtedly the younger Lovara sister had left a cleverly disguised trail for Briya to pick up, as they always did when they became separated, and the three of them would be together in no time.

For now, though, Briya moved over to sit on the floor with her back against the door, to keep anyone from sneaking into their room. Leaning her head back, she closed her eyes and was quickly asleep, letting her subconscious mind extend itself in that unique way that allowed her to See as she slept. Part of her hoped that she would See something concerning her sister...

And another part of her was afraid of what that might be...

The rising sun cast its rays through the window opposite Briya, its warm light rousing her from her exhausted slumber.

Rubbing her eyes, she leaned forward and groaned a bit at her protesting muscles. Falling asleep sitting up rarely agreed with her, especially not as she got older, but her discomfort was worth it to make sure she and her companion received an undisturbed rest. Standing slowly, she stretched to work out any kinks in her neck and back, then turned her attention to the cot, wondering if Lady was still asleep.

The sooner they were on the road, the better Briya would feel.

OLIVE "THE LADY" MIRA
Posted: Jul 25 2012, 03:53 AM

Curly Wolf

Lady's was too exhausted to remember any of her dreams that night. But she knew they couldn't have been too good, because when she woke, her heart was pounding, she was covered in a cold sweat, and the blade from under the pillow was grasped tightly in her hand. It took a few seconds for Lady to calm her body before she sat up slowly in the cot and put the knife back down on the bedside table.

Her skin burned badly, the hunter didn't have to look at her reflection to know she was red as a chili pepper. And her muscles were sore and achy with every movement, even when Lady raised a hand to shield her eyes from the first rays of sunlight streaming through the window. These were both small things that were easily taken care of. Bigger things demanded the hunter's attention.

The sounds of Briya's movement told Lady her companion was waking up as well. Good, they could be on the move early. "Get 'nough sleep?" She asked as she forced her sore and tired muscles to stand. Stretching them out was a painful process, starting with slowly rotating her neck, then her shoulders, and the muscles in her back.

When she felt close to loose enough that she wouldn't pull something, Lady went to step into her boots, and her blistered feet protested. But it was better than going barefoot. She supposed she should wrap them with something, but first aid was in short supply in the nearly empty room.

"You wanna take time to wash up a lil', or just get on the road?" The hunter plucked up her bag, which was nearly as empty as the room, and placed her little pig-sticker back in it before drawing the strings tight and tying it shut.

--------------------
user posted image
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Add Reply  New Topic  New Poll  

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3869 seconds | Archive
"Grand Unification" skinned by squidface of RPG-D / canterbury. of Caution!