DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

replynew topicnew poll

O U T O F B O U N D S, tag. OPEN
RALPH C. VALENTINE
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 01:10 AM

Unregistered

It was strange how unnatural it could feel to live in the world you were raise in. But that’s just how it had been for Rafe. He was raised in the muggle world, but when he ran away to it, he couldn’t help but feel as if he lot a part of himself. Not using magic was like not using his left arm. Yes, it felt good, for a time, but it was unnatural. He knew his magic was a part of himself. He knew he should embrace it. But getting a break from that whole world had just been so necessary. The worst part was that as weird as it felt to be there, it felt even more strange to be back at Hogwarts. This was another life. This was his childhood, in a very real sense, but he’d left it behind. He ignored his magic for years on end. He moved on from Hogwarts … now here he was. Back at school.Was it just weird to be here, or was it because he was on the other end of the spectrum. Suddenly he was the employee. He was the one patrolling halls and nailing students for breaking rules. Three short years ago that should have been him. Three years while he was off mixing with muggles and getting a degree he’d never use. Three years while he should have been studying magic. How could he suddenly be old enough to be telling teenagers what to do? He still was a teenager, even if he was technically an adult, and an employee of Hogwarts. Now it was weird because he didn’t really belong here or there. He wasn’t really a part of the staff. He as an assistant nurse working under Poppy Pomfrey. He was younger than most of the other staff by quite a bit, and he was older than the students. None of the really wanted him around. Every day was a string of duties. Wake up. Eat breakfast. Finish the daily tasks in the Hospital Wing and stay out of Pomfrey’s way. At night he would patrol durning his time frame – either in the castle or out on the grounds. At least patrols alternated with Prefects, so they weren’t that often. He got nights off from it, but even on night off Rafe would volunteer to take a shift on the grounds. Which leads us to tonight. Technically it should be his day off, but he’d taken the shift from one of the Professors that wasn’t terribly fond of the one AM patrol. But Rafe did have any morning classes to worry about. Hell, he didn’t even have any sick students to worry about. Poppy generally took care of them all. He was mostly there for clean up, and to take over so she could get out from time to time. But his mornings were open for sleeping in, if he didn’t want to eat breakfast. Hands stuffed into his pockets, Rafe began to make his way across the grounds. From the stoop outside the large oak doors, he could see the grounds. He’d be able to spot them if anyone were on the grounds. All was clear. Most of the staff would turn around then and there. But Rafe wanted the walk. He pulled the hood of his sweater up over his head, put his hands back in his pockets and set out to the opposite side of the school. From the corner he could see the forest … he could also see a light disappearing into it. Chances that the light was a no good Slytherin off to try and join their family in the war were high. He’d be safer to ignore it and go back inside, but that didn’t mean he would. Rafe pulled out his wand and followed the figure. His strides were long, quickly closing the distance between them. “Petrificus Totalus,” He mumbled the word under his breath, firing the curse of into the trees. Naturally, the spell missed his target. Instead the shower of violet sparks crashed against a tree. He heard the crunch of leaves as the other person reacted to the unexpected spell. “I don’t know who you are or what the hell you think you’re doing, but the forest is off limits. Might as well get out now. My next spell won’t miss.” He warned severely. His wand was still held aloft, pointed at the back of the dark figure. He wasn’t really going to hurt them, not if they were a student, but he would defend himself, and stop them if need be.WORDS: 703 words TAG: open WEARING: clothes NOTES: someone should thread with Rafe
AURORA J. BELL
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 05:05 AM

Unregistered

&nbspI remember tears streaming down your faceWhen I said, I'll never let you go. I remember you said, Don't leave me here aloneBut all that's dead and gone and passed Rory was having one of those nights. One of those nights where her mind was whirling about and she couldn’t stop her thoughts from bombarding her. The skeletons in her closet always came out to play on nights like this. They grabbed at her toes while she was lying in bed, trying her hardest to sleep. She could swear that they whispered to her and despite her best attempts, she couldn’t make them stop. A small sigh escaped her and she sat up in bed. Her shaky hands tugged back the heavy red curtains that surrounded the four poster. The other girls were already asleep, without a care in the world. Of course that probably wasn’t true and it was hardly fair to place her own problems above all others. Logic wasn’t exactly with her at that moment though and she couldn’t help it. Her bare feet hit the cold floor without a sound. Rory was rather tiny and just because she was a loud person didn’t mean that she couldn’t be sneaky from time to time. Her natural rebellious streak has trained her in the art of sneaking out. Usually it was to get up to some sort of troubles and other nights…other nights were different. This was most definitely one of those nights. Rory quickly traded her shorts for a pair of muggle jeans and pulled a thick hoodie over her tank top. She shoved her feet into a pair of warm boots and pulled her cloak around her body. Life of course would be much easier if her own cloak gave her the ability to become invisible but she would just have to make do with what she had. Rory crept silently from the room and descended the staircase down into the common room. The fire had died down and it was apparent that the house elves had already been there. The room was empty but she continued to remain completely silent as she swung the portrait open and let herself out into the hall. She stood still for a moment, waiting so she could listen for anyone nearby. Only silence met her ears so she continued on her way. It took a little while and she had a few close calls but soon enough she was outside, breathing in the cool night air. She grasped her cloak tighter to herself as she allowed herself to break out into a run. Her footsteps sounded a bit louder but she knew he would recognize her. As she neared the forest, she slowed her pace and made a quick clicking noise. A smile broke out over her face as she felt the familiar touch on her back. She turned and smiled at the magnificent creature before her. He was tall and dark, his mane blowing back slightly in the breeze. Her hand reached out to touch his slippery flank, the feeling of bone was familiar. The foreboding looking creature was only young but already he was learning quickly. The rest of his heard was not too far behind although they did not come as close. They would approach when called but none of them quite had the bond. She continued to stroke the thestral with her back turned to the entrance of the forest. Her attention was far too wrapped up in the young beast but a cry from his mother had her pulling out her wand. Rory stood poised at the entrance, her wand held out in front of her. Her friend was standing a few feet away despite her best efforts to shoo him away. She wasn’t sure who was coming but she was more than prepared to defend herself. A male voice uttered a spell and a shower of sparks reflected off a tree nearby. An unfamiliar voice followed but his words made it apparent that he must be a teacher of some kind. Her wand remained aimed at the clearing of trees but she began to walk forward slowly. ”That’s probably not a good idea, sure I’ll get in trouble for being out here but you could get in trouble for hexing a student” The feeling of hot breath returned and she used the hand that wasn’t holding her wand to calm the young thestral. ”I’m going to come out now, I would really appreciate it if you didn’t curse me” With her head held high she walked out of the forest, her friend at her heels. words: 746 , tag: Rafe/Essy , outfit: plus cloak , notes: hope it's ok that I took this!template credit to moo the quacking cow of caution 2.0, do not remove
RALPH C. VALENTINE
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 04:14 AM

Unregistered

Initially the sight of the reptilian quadruped threw him off. They were gentle enough creatures, sure, and Rafe wasn’t superstitious in the least. He didn’t believe that they were unlucky in any way. There was just something about them that was a bit unnatural. He hadn’t been seeing them for long, and every time he did he couldn’t help but remember why he could see them. Shivers ran down his spine, covering his flesh in tiny bumps. His dark eyes shifted from the creature to the small blond girl I front of it. He had ignored them for this long. He could do it again. What was a few minutes. They wouldn’t hurt him. He just had to get over the sight of them. The whole while he sorted through his discomfort, he kept a neutral mask in place on his face, as not to give his discomfort away to the younger girl.“Really? You’re going to be lecturing me?” Rafe couldn’t help but sound kind of amused by this fact. He laughed a little under his breath, and dropped his wand. When he heard a female voice, and saw the small blond step out into the clearing, he knew that there was no real threat. He could get her out of there physically. Who really needed magic in this instance? Something told him it wouldn’t be necessary, anyway. This girl struck him as the sort that would have a rather big mouth, but one that wouldn’t really cause a great deal of problems for him. Anyway, hadn’t he seen her in Quidditch games? She wouldn’t want trouble. Trouble meant not being on the team. So this was bound to be an easy enough interaction.“OH for the love of God.” He griped loudly, rolling his eyes. “Get over it. It wasn’t a hex or a curse and I’m not going to hurt you. I’m on the bloody staff. I’m not going to go around hurting students.” He responded coldly. In that short statement he made it clear that he wasn’t a professor. A professor didn’t use language like that. They were actually professional. But Rafe? He was only a few years older than a lot of the students here. He was definitely not a Professor, and he was only professional when he had to be. If she had any doubts before that moment, Rafe had little doubt that they were gone now. “I am, however, going to keep you from hurting yourself. Me petrifying you long enough to get you out of here would be a great deal kinder to you than to stand aside and let yourself get killed.” He informed her in a firm voice. He wasn’t doing much to make a good impression on this girl, but he didn’t care what she thought about him. Chances were that she was kind of dim anyway. It was the reason Rafe generally preferred to just steer clear of other people. For the most part, their lack of intelligence - or lack of acceptance that they were, in fact, kind of dumb - rubbed him the wrong way. He’d rather be a bit of an ass and just be seen as a loner. “Do you know everything that’s out here? Because I do.” Dumbledore made a point of being sure that the staff knew what they were dealing with. It was the best way to protect their selves and students from dangers lurking in the dark. Students often didn’t see the big picture because it would cause panic. “You think a Thestral is the most of your problems? Think again, girlie. Let me give you a hint on this one. You don’t stand a bloody chance.” He informed her hoping that it would shake the girl enough to get her to just go back to the castle. That surly little voice in the back of his mind wouldn’t accept that, though. That little voice kept pointing out that she was probably too dumb for that kind of logic. She had that look about her – the look of a girl that cared more for adrenaline than preserving her own life. WORDS: 728 words TAG: open WEARING: clothes NOTES: of course it is!!!
AURORA J. BELL
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 06:30 AM

Unregistered

&nbspI remember tears streaming down your faceWhen I said, I'll never let you go. I remember you said, Don't leave me here aloneBut all that's dead and gone and passed The Forbidden Forest really did get quite a bad reputation. People felt the need to fear the creatures that called it home even though they weren’t all bad. The thought was that if you entered the dark wooded area, then you would surely die. Rory had been in many times and she had yet to be seriously injured. If she were to actually go further in when unattended and without help then the outlook could be different. She didn’t go that far in though, and usually stayed in the familiar clearing. Of course the thestrals themselves had a rather bad stigma about them even though they were rather gentle creatures. Rory knew why she saw them but that didn’t cause her to blame them. It wasn’t their fault that she had to witness something traumatizing to see their intimidating figures. It wasn’t new for her; in fact she had been one of the only first years who had been able to see them. The others thought she was rather mad but she was reassured that she wasn’t. Those who had seen death could see thestrals. She had quickly been become fascinated with not only them but every other magical beast. She had always liked animals and these were just the same really. Sure they could be seen as more dangerous but you just had to treat them right. She had met Tenebrus when he was only a baby and they had quickly become attached to one another. There was something oddly soothing about the terrifying creature. Not many people knew that she came out here, the grounds keeper did but he never said anything. It would probably seem a bit weird that she found comfort with creatures that were known as death omens but Rory did tend to be a little different. ”I’m not lecturing, only stating a fact” she didn’t really like the tone of the man’s voice and it was honestly a bit irritating. She watched him as he took her in for the first time. She saw the familiar look of relief that everyone had when they noted her size. It was a rather stupid thing to do considering she still had her wand raised. Just because he could lift her over his shoulder didn’t mean that she would let him get that close. ”One can never be too safe.” her voice held a sharp mocking edge and her annoyance was shown plainly on her face. She still had a hand on Tenebrus and she was making nearly silent cooing noises under her breath. She could tell that he didn’t like the tone the man was using but he was too hesitant to back away. At the mention of her hurting herself she couldn’t hold back a laugh. Of course he had just assumed that she was some dumb kid who didn’t know better. ”I’m perfectly fine, thank you, Tenebrus here wouldn’t hurt a fly anyway and nothing really dangerous tends to come out this far.” She tried to keep her voice somewhat polite, she didn’t need to be expelled and being too rude was a one way ticket back home. ”Can you please keep your voice down, you’re scaring him, a thestrals ears are very delicate.” she was actually concerned for the creature and she could tell that he didn’t like this turn of events. Usually they were never interrupted during her visits. ”Don’t you think you’re being just a bit rude? My name isn’t girlie and I’m not an idiot, I know what’s out there and that’s why I don’t let myself go that far, I was hardly passed the tree line.” By this time she had lowered her arms although she was still clutching her wand rightly at her side. She wasn’t sure who this man thought he was but he certainly wasn’t a professor. The way he spoke was hardly dignified enough but she couldn’t seem to place his face. There was something possibly familiar about him and she sifted through her thoughts in an attempt to recognize him. ”not to sound offensive” although you obvious deserve it she didn’t say the second bit out loud although that urge to do so was there. ”but who are you exactly, I mean, you’re obviously not a professor and you wouldn’t be shouting at me if you were a student.” Her voice remained calm although her temped was waiting just around the corner of her mind. words: 742 , tag: Rafe/Essy , outfit: plus cloak , notes: yay!template credit to moo the quacking cow of caution 2.0, do not remove
RALPH C. VALENTINE
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 04:42 PM

Unregistered

When the girl persisted Rafe could only spare her a bored expression, and fold his arms across his chest as she let her annoyance dig her hole deeper. OH how he hated teenagers. Even when he’d been in school he hated teenagers … well, except for his sisters. But his loathing of his peers certainly did make it easier to get after the guys that hurt the women in his life. Unfortunately it didn’t help any in this situation. It just made him feel a little bit more self righteous, and pushed him a little bit closer to spilling a few secrets that weren’t his to spill. Still, he let the first comment slide? She was just stating a fact? Yeah. Right. And he was just out here to knit socks by the moonlight. She was being an obnoxious little pain in the ass, regardless of what she wanted to call it. He knew it and she knew it, but she could lie to herself all she wanted.At her laugh, he bristled and snapped. Should he have? No. But that was why he wasn’t a Professor. He had no patience for teenagers and their unending idiocy. They had god complexes every one of them! They looked at the world and laughed, assuming that nothing could hurt them! Every last one of them needed a taste of reality. They needed a splash in the face with some cold water. They didn’t take this war seriously. They didn’t take anything seriously. But why should they? They were teenage students! They could take on the bloody world. “OH that’s funny, is it?” He inquired in an icy tone. “Of course you’d feel confident in that wouldn’t you. But you’d know all about how aggravated the Acramantula’s have been as of late.” Of course she didn’t know! How many students even knew that there were Acromantula’s so close to a school? Would parents let their students even attend school here? Unlikely. “Not a worry there, though. They think they found the reason! A dead Lethifold was discovered in the forest just last summer! Of course the naturalists that have been looking into it have yet to figure out if it was the only one, or how the bloody hell it managed to survive this far north. Their favorite speculation is that it’s a mutant version that is a little more deadly than the on we know of already. But hey. It’s just speculation. Right? You should be out here taking your chances with it.” He should have stopped there. Really he should. He could have too. But did he? Hell no. He just raised his voice and barreled on, hoping that the little Thestral would spook and run. He might have kept his voice down if she hadn’t scolded him about that, too.“OH and then there is that Quintped that escaped the Isle of Drear four years back. But you wouldn’t have heard of that. The Ministry went to great lengths to cover that one up. Didn’t want to cause any panic among the public. Well, I’ll tell you anyway, as you’re so bloody fearless. Seems that you can protect me from anything!” He went on, his tone dripping with arrogance. “Well, apparently they think the Quintaped might have left some of it’s offspring in the forest! It’s been long enough that they’d be full grown, and would have quite a taste for human flesh about now. So they might be venturing out for a meal other than the creatures they could find in the forest! Lets not tell your peers about that though. Not all of them are as untouchable as you are, girlie.” Yeah he definitely should have kept his mouth shut. But every time she opened her mouth he just wanted to wring her neck. She was arrogant, young, and stupid. She needed a reality check, and it was a lot better that Rafe give it to her than a Death Eater.“And you wouldn’t be arguing with me if you had a brain between those two ears, rather than dead air.” He countered obnoxiously. “I told you. I’m on staff here. I work with Poppy in the Hospital Wing. I took rounds from Professor Kettleburn tonight. If you’d rather I can go wake him up. He’s bound to be right and cheery at this hour.” In fact Kettleburn was bound to be less amiable than Rafe. One reasons he wasn’t out tonight was because he had an accident in class the other day. One of his brilliant students made the animal they were observing mad, and he got attacked – subsequently losing another finger – in order to spare his wonderfully advanced students. WORDS: 826 words TAG: open WEARING: clothes NOTES: rafe should have children, yo! he'd be daddy of the year.
AURORA J. BELL
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 01:20 AM

Unregistered

&nbspI remember tears streaming down your faceWhen I said, I'll never let you go. I remember you said, Don't leave me here aloneBut all that's dead and gone and passed If one thing could be said about Aurora Bell it was that she was by no means a patient girl. She didn’t have it in her to stand there and keep her mouth shut while some guy was lecturing her. It didn’t help that he had displayed a few of her biggest annoyances on the planet. He was condescending to a degree that had her jaw dropping down to the floor. He somehow thought that he was important enough to be talking down to her, as if she were some kind of stupid child. Despite Rory’s reckless nature, she wasn’t an idiot and she knew better than to deliberately endanger herself out in the forest. She had been taught by grounds keeper how to behave out there on her own. She had become quite close with him and they had bonded over her love of magical creatures. Most people weren’t aware of this though and obviously the self-righteous fool standing before her didn’t either. She tried to keep herself from letting out a frustrated sigh when he brought up the giant spiders that lived deep in the forest. He apparently didn’t know that they craved the dark and damp parts that could only be found if you were willing to make quite a trek in. She had been told about Aragog and his loyalties although the details were still fuzzy. All she knew was that they weren’t to attack anyone who attended the school although it was always better to keep away from them just in case. Hagrid was the only one that they really trusted. ”They won’t bother you unless you’re stupid enough to enter their territory, they don’t like getting any closer to the school then they have to. Sure they have a taste for human flesh but he won’t let them touch anyone unless provoked.” She wasn’t trying to sound like a know it all but she was rather annoyed. It shouldn’t have been assumed that just because she was a student, she didn’t know her creatures. ”It shouldn’t have been around here, it needs to live in a tropical climate, not to mention that it needs sleeping victims nearby. I don’t tend to nap while I’m here; I’m not a total idiot. It probably didn’t make it very long considering the cold and lack of sleeping human victims.” Her voice had taken on a lecturing edge, she couldn’t stop it from creeping in. It wasn’t very often that she got to talk about the creatures that lived in the forest with someone who hadn’t already taught her. She was almost enjoying herself although that did seem a bit odd. His tone was starting to cause her to become more and more annoyed with each word that fell from his self-entitled mouth. It was more than obvious that he was only trying to scare her. It wasn’t really working considering she had already gone over all of this. Hagrid had been to search for evidence that the young existed. Of course it was very unlikely that there were, they would have been very quick to attack him. They weren’t very subtle creatures and the scent of a human would have sent them attacking every student that went anywhere near the forest. ”You’re right, they can’t be sure that there aren’t any young but it isn’t very likely. They’ve gone looking a few times and haven’t found any traces. Not to mention that fact that a quintaped isn’t exactly self-restrained and at the scent of a nearby human it will attack without hesitation.” She glanced around dramatically. ”Do you see one around here? You’ve definitely made enough noise to alert one to our presence not to mention the damage you’ve probably done to this young thestral.” Tenebrus was still sticking close to her and she knew that he was very unhappy about the rude interruption. As long as she wasn’t in too much trouble after this, she would be sure to make it up to him in due time. ”That’s great, you work with madam Pomfrey and I work out here in the forest when I can. It’s not my job but I’ve been taught and I know that as long as you know what you’re doing then you can make it out of here just fine.” Her voice rose slightly and the nervous creature was starting to become more and more anxious. She lowered her voice and took a deep breath. ”I have a brain and you’ve obviously judged me based solely on what you think I am. If you’re going to drag me up to castle and punish me then be my guest but insulting my intelligence is not part of your job and for the last time, my name is not Girlie.” Her voice had remained calm the whole time but her eyes burned with a fire that made it clear that she was far from it. words: 825 , tag: Rafe/Essy , outfit: plus cloak , notes: I spent way too much time on harry potter wiki to write thisxDtemplate credit to moo the quacking cow of caution 2.0, do not remove
RALPH C. VALENTINE
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 02:58 AM

Unregistered

When she started arguing with him, Rafe couldn’t help but calm down a little bit. He was still annoyed, sure, but now they were in his element. She was quoting facts to the walking encyclopedia. Rafe could recall every book he’d ever read with perfect clarity. OH the joys of a photographic memory. She could start the fact game with him if she really wanted, but this was a game she was going to lose. Rafe had also loved Care of Magical Creatures while he’d been in school. He’d read a lot of articles, a lot of books, and he remembered everything. The irritation kept on boiling in the pit of his stomach. He stuffed his non-dominant hand into the pocket of his trousers, keeping his wand out, and visibly relaxed. His mind immediately began flipping through all the facts that just disproved everything she just said. “Thank you ever so much for quoting me Newt Scamander. It’s a good thing you’re around, since I’ve never touched a copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them before.” Rafe responded sarcastically, his voice infinitely less harsh than it had been moments before. “OK so let me get this straight. By your logic whatever some random source tells you must be true. So that would mean there can’t possibly be Acromantula’s in the forest. They’re native to Borneo, after all. OH and the Centaur herd must be a myth as well because they are native to Greece. Then there are Thestrals. I was once told that they are native to hell – like Hell Hounds! I was told that you can only see them when you are an inch from death but – OH MY GOD!” He pointed at the young Thestral. “There it is! Either I’m about to die, or the gates of hell just opened! Hide the children Marge! We’re all doomed!” OK so that wasn’t entirely necessary. It as kind of childish even. But he needed to make a point and obviously facts weren’t going to do it. What? There was a reason he mostly did behind the scenes work, and kept his mouth shut.“My point – which I’ll spell out cause I imagine you missed it – is that facts aren’t always reliable. What’s reliable is the fact that beasts are unpredictable. That creature might look tame, but it could take a bite out of you here and now if it wanted. The Acromatulas might say they’ll stay away from the school, but nobody – not even Rubeus Hagrid – will stop them if they get hungry. What you can count on is the knowledge that beasts surprise you. They find ways to survive out of their native environment. They evolve, change, and mutate into something worse than before. Change is the way of life.” In that moment Rafe felt as if he were lecturing a class. It was a feeling he didn’t like terribly much. No. He didn’t like it at all. He hadn’t liked class as a student and he wouldn’t like it as a teacher. He didn’t like teenagers and nothing was going to change that. “You’re talking about a Living Shroud. A tangible darkness that smothers you and digests you. Nobody knows if you actually die or get sucked into some hell dimension, because every victim of the Lethiofold has never been seen again. You really want to rely on ‘I’m awake’ as your defense? Good luck with that one.” Even if she was awake, unless she could produce a Patronus – unlikely given she’s still a student – she’d be as defenseless against a Lethifold as a Dementor. At this point he was really beginning to dislike her lecturing tone. He’d hated it when his professors used it, and he hated it more when snot nosed little teenagers used it. This was why he’d dropped out of school. The whole lot of them were idiots. “No. You’re right. They haven’t found a trace. They also haven’t heard back from half the men that went out looking. It’s only been three years since they went into the forest. What do you say we hold our breath a bit longer? Maybe they’ll be home for Christmas!” How the hell did she even know about that?! The Ministry hadn’t told anyone but Dumbledore. Seeing as he worked next to the most likely spot for a Quintaped to call home, he was required to be alerted or he’d have no way to protect the students. But nobody let that story leak. “Do you even know how long it takes for a Quintaped to reach maturity? Do you know the first thing about it’s diet or behavioral patterns? Let me fill you in. It takes six years to fully reach maturity for them. The oldest Quintaped on record is over a century old. In their first years they often eat smaller beasts. They only start craving human flesh as they approach maturity. So they wouldn’t have gone on a rampage yet, would they?” the acidity in his tone had returned, once more. “No. You don’t work out here. You’re a student. I work here – subsequently that means I don’t have to be nice to anyone. I have to keep students alive and keep them from breaking rules, but there is no requirement that I be polite. But you? You don’t work out here. You are a student that breaks rules to sneak out here, and ends up getting herself kicked off her house team. Congrats.” He informed her with mock cheer in his voice. “Bell, is it? Well, Miss Bell, you are banned from Qudditch practices and matches for the next month. I’ll be speaking to your head of house and when that time is up we can reevaluate whether or not you’ve learned to respect the staff of this establishment enough to deserve the privilege of being allowed to play the fine game.” He gave her a dead stare, and fell silent for a moment, giving the words a moment to sink in. “Now, would you like to stay here and continue losing this debate, or shall we head inside now?” WORDS: 1086 words TAG: open WEARING: clothes NOTES: behold Rafe's inner drop out!
AURORA J. BELL
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 04:36 AM

Unregistered

&nbspI remember tears streaming down your faceWhen I said, I'll never let you go. I remember you said, Don't leave me here aloneBut all that's dead and gone and passed Hatred wasn’t something she liked to give in to. It went against her very nature to feel such a thing for another person unless she was extremely provoked. Usually it took a series of years for it to build up in her system before it ever really became a problem. That being said, this strange man who apparently thought he was above her in every respect of the word was getting to that level faster than most. His tone was beyond hurtful and the way he looked at her with such disdain made her stomach turn. She had enemies but she wasn’t used to this level of condescension from another person. Some of her professors didn’t exactly like her but they never treated her like such a pathetic little child. ”Look, I’m not trying to quote or to prove anything, I just don’t think I deserve to be treated like this, no one does.” her tone had become neutral but her eyes held a certain element of hurt that she would refuse to show. Aurora was a tough girl but she wasn’t invincible by any means and even though she was trying not to show it, his words had hurt her somewhat. ”I never said they didn’t live in the forest, I said they don’t come out to the few feet away from the edge that I was. I was hardly even in the actually forest, just the small clearing.” As he went on about hell hounds and other ridiculous things she could feel herself shutting down. She allowed her body to lean back a bit and was glad that the thestral was there to take on some of her weight. By this time she just wanted to return to bed and shed a few tears before falling into a fit fall sleep. She wanted to fight back and tell him that she had been teaching herself to use a patronus. She wanted to prove that she wasn’t just some stupid girl who thought that all of the creatures out here were fuzzy little bunnies. He was glad that he hadn’t brought up history or potions though; she would have failed those discussions in a heartbeat. His words were so harsh and she felt herself flinch back slightly although the movement was involuntary. The last thing she wanted to do was show weakness. ”Please stop, you’ve proved your point, I’m a waste of human space now please just stop it” She glanced up at him and was glad that her eyes hadn’t filled with tears yet. She had already been emotionally unstable before he had showed up and now she was two seconds away from falling apart.As soon as he told her she was banned from practices, her one solace, she felt herself break down the middle. Her arms reached around herself as though she could hold herself together. She had only wanted to come out tonight so she could feel better and now look what had happened. She had acted like a complete fool and earned herself a one way ticket into the dark hole that would be her existence for the next month. When she finally had the strength to meet his gaze again there were tears in her eyes. A burning shame crept through her as one fell and ran down the length of her cheek. ”Please…” that was all she got out before a chocking noise left her mouth. She brought her hand up to cover it as if she could force it back in. ”I..I’ll do anything just please not that” By now she was only moments from crashing down to the cold ground. Perhaps it was the combined mixture of the memories and the threat of losing her lifeline that had her feeling dizzy. She was trying her best to collect herself but it just wasn’t working. Rory wasn’t one to have any sort of melt down but when I did happen, it could hardly be stopped. A twig broke with a loud snapping noise as she denim clad knees met the cold ground. It didn’t feel good by any means but she could hardly feel any discomfort at that moment. All she could think about was how miserable she would be for the next month without anything to pull her away from her mind. What would happen when the whisperings began and she had no escape? What would happen ff she couldn’t hop on a broomstick? Or sneak out to visit the only beings who wouldn’t look at her with cruel and judgemental eyes? It probably would seem that she was over reacting and being slightly dramatic but to Rory this wasn’t just a silly little game or a rebellious jaunt out to the forest. To her it was the only two things that kept her sane. words: 809 , tag: Rafe/Essy , outfit: plus cloak , notes: cue breakdown template credit to moo the quacking cow of caution 2.0, do not remove
RALPH C. VALENTINE
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 06:03 PM

Unregistered

How much easier was it to be polite when the student you were speaking to was being respectful? It was hard enough working with a slew of teenager when they were minding their manners! The last thing anyone at this school needed were students that felt a need to fight back. That just made the job painful to everyone involved. Rafe knew that. He was happy to treat others with the same respect they showed him. But he was so used to being treated like some dumb kid, or a Hogwarts drop out, that he was always quick to anger when other people challenged him. Everyone heard that he left school in his fifth year and immediately passed judgment, assuming that he was an idiot. Everyone saw him as one of the youngest people on staff and didn’t seem to think he could handle the responsibility. When students joined in on doubting him he kind of lost it. “I don’t deserve to be treated like this either!” He responded, his voice finally calm. As he spoke, Rafe waved his wand in her direction, a gesture of emphasis rather than a spell, and one that emitted a small shower of sparks. “I’m only here because you were breaking rules. I’m here to make sure you don’t get yourself killed. I don’t deserve to be questioned when I tell you that you aren’t supposed to be out here. You know you aren’t. Dumbledore says it every year because he knows a lot that you never will about this place.” Rafe responded. Now he was just explaining himself, calmly, respectfully. She was finally done arguing with him and raising hell. He’d finally found what really mattered to her. She wasn’t going to cause problems for him as long as she knew that he could and would make her follow the rules. “My point is not that you are stupid, or a waste of space. My point is that you are young.” He almost felt bad. Almost but not quite. There just wasn’t a point in beating a broken horse. She did need a reality check. She did need to realize that arguing with school staff wasn’t acceptable. If it took being a bit of an ass, then that was what it took. “You’re a child. You’re supposed to be. But you don’t know everything. That’s why you’re here – to lean. When the staff tells you to stay out of the damn forest, then stay out of the damn forest! They aren’t doing it to be rude. They are doing it to protect you. If you don’t want to be here, then nobody is keeping you here. You’re free to leave at any time, and tango with as any werewolves as you’d like. But so long as you are a Hogwarts student you need to abide by Hogwarts rules.” Was she really just three years younger than him? Rafe almost didn’t believe the words coming out of his mouth. Yes, he felt this old. He felt old beyond his years. He always felt a good decade older than his peers. But it felt strange to be on this end of things. Usually it was him being lectured by educators and rolling his eyes at the way they sounded. “I know I probably sound ridiculous, especially given that I look about the same age as half the students here. But a lot changes when you get out of this place. You leave and think you know everything – that you’re invincible. But you learn very quickly that you have lot of growing up to do.” He babbled, then sighed and combed his hands roughly through his dark curls. “I’m getting off my soap box now, I promise. I always hated theses speeches, and I can’t believe I just gave one.” Rafe grimaced a bit, and dropped his wand to his side. Suddenly he just wanted to go to bed. He wanted to sleep and spend some time being anything but this stick in the mud that he’d become. “I’m not going to drop the punishment.” He responded firmly, but with a touch of gentleness. He watched as she visibly crumbled, begging for anything else. “I can’t kick you off the team – that lies with your head of house. But I can tell you to meet me in the Hospital wing to do some cleaning every time you have a practice or game. It’s only a month so you’ll only miss the game against Hufflepuff, if you mind your manners. But, in my opinion, you do need to learn a little bit of respect for the staff and the rules of this establishment.” He almost wanted to do or say something to make her feel better. It was clear that he’d hit the nail right on the head with this one. Usually punishments were unliked, but not something that really took skin off anyone’s back.WORDS: 866 words TAG: open WEARING: clothes NOTES: time for lunch!!
AURORA J. BELL
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 11:32 PM

Unregistered

&nbspI remember tears streaming down your faceWhen I said, I'll never let you go. I remember you said, Don't leave me here aloneBut all that's dead and gone and passed Rory was having a lot of trouble at following his words as her head spun. She was feeling rather dizzy and nothing seemed to be making sense anymore. She had only wanted to come out to the forest so she wouldn’t have to feel so alone and now she was more alone than ever. Not only had she lost the chance of any other midnight visits but she had also lost the time she spent up in the air. Considering the fact that the team wouldn’t have much of a chance at winning without her, she had probably lost herself quite a few friends as well. They would be hard pressed to find someone to fill in for her considering she had never missed a game before. Hell, she had never even missed a practice. Thoughts were whirling through her head as she desperately searched for something that might help her plead her case. She didn’t like excuses but she was prepared to do just about anything for her team. ”I didn’t mean to be disrespectful, I know I was and I’m sorry but…” She forced a deep breath before she continued on ”but it was only because I felt threatened, it’s my only defense, everyone always takes one look at me and assumes that I’m only some stupid little girl who doesn’t know what she’s doing.” She wanted he voice to sound steady but it was trembling and quiet. It was true; people were always under estimating her at everything she did. When she stepped out on the pitch the other team looked at her and scoffed. How could she possibly know what she was doing, she was hardly a threat. She glanced up at him again as he lectured her on why she shouldn’t be out there. She understood where he was coming from but she had never come out here simply to break the rules. ”I know it probably doesn’t matter much to you but I didn’t come out here because I think I’m all that or because I wanted to break the rules.”The words fell from her lips with difficulty and she hated that her voice refused to stop shaking. ”I can out here because…because…I just needed to get out of there, I know it’s dangerous out here and I know my life could be in danger but I’m willing to risk that if it means that I can escape it, for just a little while.” The admission was beyond hard for her, talking about her feelings to another human wasn’t something she usually did. That’s why she needed the creatures so much, they were her escape. They listened to her without judgement and they didn’t blame her like she blamed herself. ”Please don’t take this as an argument but I don’t think I know everything, I hardly know anything really. All I can do it catch a snitch and keep creatures safe and healthy. I obviously don’t know how to keep myself from putting my foot in my mouth and offending people, I speak without thinking.” Her words were only an echo of her own mother who was constantly scolding her. She knew he parents wished she was more like her sister or her brother. Her breathing still hadn’t calmed but a slow numbing feeling was starting to spread through her. It was as though her body was shutting down because it couldn’t handle her emotions anymore. ”Please don’t be mad at me for asking but…is there any way at all that I can prove myself before the game? I’m the only trouble maker here, the rest of my team doesn’t deserve this, they aren’t the ones who were disrespectful.” Shame bubbled up inside of her as her voice came out so pleading and pathetic, she was literally on her knees begging, something she thought she would never stoop to. ”I’ll help you in the hospital wing until I graduate if you want, and I won’t even open my mouth, I swear.” as dramatic as she sounded, she meant every word. There wasn’t a thing she wouldn’t do if it meant that she could spare her team from suffering for her actions. words: 701 , tag: Rafe/Essy , outfit: plus cloak , notes: I don't know what she's gonna do if she misses that gametemplate credit to moo the quacking cow of caution 2.0, do not remove
RALPH C. VALENTINE
Posted: Mar 10 2012, 06:21 AM

Unregistered

Maybe he was being a bit more obnoxious about this than was absolutely necessary … OK he was definitely being more obnoxious about this than was absolutely necessary. But it wasn’t as if the girl hadn’t been breaking rules! That wasn’t his fault. That was all her! If she didn’t want to deal with punishment she shouldn’t be breaking rules. Anyway, Rafe had his reasons for being in a bad mood. He’d been in a bad mood since the previous summer. Near the end of July he fell into a funk, and he never really got out of it. So he was being a bit obnoxious to most of the students … and everyone else. It wasn’t anything personal, he’s just been burned as of late, and he had yet to fully get over it. Nobody else knew that. To them he was just the obnoxious Hogwarts employee that had no people skills. “You don’t sound like a stupid little girl.” He assured her after she’d rambled for a moment. “You sound like a scared little girl, who is afraid of people that mean her no harm, and happily throws herself into the hands of the things that do.” He informed her. To him, the excuses were just annoying. He didn’t care why she was out here. Nobody cared about the why. They didn’t care about why he was so angry, and they didn’t care why you broke rules. They about what you do. She wasn’t here to break rules? Well congrats! She broke rules anyway! What did she really think she’d achieve by throwing excuses at him?“I’m really starting to think you’re missing the point here.” Rafe announced uncertainly. “The problem isn’t that you insulted me. I’m not punishing you because you wounded my delicate pride. I assure you, my pride is in tact.” The blows to his pride definitely weren’t Rory’s doing. He might be acting like more of a jerk for her being disrespectful, but the punishment it’s self was entirely because of the fact that she broke rules. “You’re being punished because you broke rules, for whatever reason. It’s not because you were out here wanting to cause problems, it’s because you didn’t follow the rules. It’s because you seem to think that Qudditch is a right, not a privilege, which it certainly is not. If you cannot follow the rules like everyone else, then you cannot play. Simple as that.” Rafe never did understand the sport obsession. To Quidditch players the game was life. Tell them they were missing a game, you might as well tell them that they are losing a limb. It was all just so ridiculous!“I do not want or need your help in the Hospital Wing. The punishment will not be lowered, altered, or removed. You aren’t talking me out of this. Obviously I’ve found a way to make a point here, so I’m going to stick with it. You can feel free to tell your team mates that you were unable to follow the rules, or remain anonymous as you broke them. I’m certain they’ll understand. After all, isn’t that Potter kid on your team?” If anyone would understand being punished, it was a Gryffindor. The majority of that house seemed incapable of just minding their manners. Every last one of them seemed to feel this compulsive need to interfere and cause problems. They couldn’t just take charge of their own future and be done with it. They had to interfere with every underdog they saw. It got kind of old. “I’d seriously advise trying to find a vice for your stress that doesn’t involve life threatening stupidity.”WORDS: 658 words TAG: Open WEARING: clothes NOTES: no worries love! It was fantastic! Feel free to take liberties with history and stuff. I’ll tell you if it’s not OK
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

OPTIONS replynew topicnew poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2004 seconds | Archive