counter stats

InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Global Goonzu Online. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

[GUIDE] Easy Patch for Multi-Clients, by Iittlememo
Nemo
Posted: Apr 9 2010, 11:37 PM

Iittlememo

Group: Goonzu Adventurer
Member No.: 2,459

[GUIDE] Easy Patch for Multi-Clients
by Iittlememo
Server: Zeus

Do you make copies of your folders so that you can multi-client? If so, isn't it frustrating to copy your main folder every time the game has a new patch? Here's a solution.

***Updated 7/25/2010***

I. Basics
II. How to set the install path for a specified folder
III. Setting a static install path for multiple user accounts on Windows 7
IV. Repatching method
V. End game

The author requests that the guide not be leeched or distributed elsewhere, and for the guide solely to remain on globalgoonzu.notlong.com. The author insists that any reference to the guide should exhibit a link to this thread at the URL http://z13.invisionfree.com/Goonzu/index.php?showtopic=10379 on said website. Thank you.

I. Basics

This process allows you to redirect the install path registered on your computer. The install path is the necessary string that tells the GoonZu game launcher the location of your game and consequently tells it to download and install the latest patches into that location. By redirecting the install path, you can trick the game launcher into patching different folders, thus allowing you to update your copied folders of GoonZu.

II. How to set the install path for a specified folder

Open your registry editor (regedit)
Windows 7 users can do this by going to Start-> type in "regedit" to the box where it says "Search programs and files"-> hit enter

Older Windows systems can execute regedit by going Start-> Run...-> type in "regedit"

Go to your GoonZu directory under current user (in regedit)
and locate
HKEY_CURRENT_USER-> Software-> NDOORS -> GoonzuEng
Once you are there you should notice 4 strings.
The only important one for now is PATH.

PATH indicates the install path of your GoonZu client (where your client is installed). As mentioned earlier, the launcher will automatically update into the install path. The indicated directory under PATH is the install path. So, by editing PATH, you can utilize regedit to tell the launcher where to patch.

(Posted Image)

Change PATH to indicate directory of your copies
Say for example a new patch came out and my initial directory is
CODE
C:\NDOORS\Luminary\

But I made copies called "Luminary2" and "Luminary3", so I want to patch those as well, without having to wait a long time recopying the original. I will have to change PATH after the original finishes updating.

To begin updating my first copy, I would change PATH in regedit to say
CODE
C:\NDOORS\Luminary2\

then open the launcher in "Luminary2", wait for it to finish patching...launch the game...exit.

Then change PATH in regedit to say
CODE
C:\NDOORS\Luminary3\

then open launcher in "Luminary3", wait for it to finish patching...launch the game...exit.

I have updated all three folders yay!

NOTE: You must indicate with backward slash "\", do not use "/"

III. Setting a static install path for multiple users

If you have multiple Windows user accounts, you can permanently register which folder directory you want assigned to each user account.

Ex.
I have three Windows account.
Administrator
User2
User3

So I assign each their own GoonZu in their individual PATH under regedit:
Administrator-------C:\NDOORS\Luminary\
User2----------------C:\NDOORS\Luminary2\
User3----------------C:\NDOORS\Luminary3\

You must access regedit on your user accounts separately to correctly establish static install paths for each user/folder, hence why the strings in regedit are accessed under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER". For example, I would have to log off "Administrator", then log onto "User2" before I input "C:\NDOORS\Luminary2\" into PATH.

This method is just if you have copied folders for Windows accounts, and you don't feel like consistently going to regedit every patch. Just make sure you are on the right user accounts when initially setting it up, and you won't have to worry much about regedit any longer.

IV. Repatching method

Often times GoonZu patches incorrectly due to connection lag, or most definitely if you manual patch via the executables posted on the main site (don't ever do this!). You can repatch your client to hopefully install missing files and/or corrupted files.

Redirect yourself to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER-> Software-> NDOORS -> GoonzuEng
under regedit.

"VERSION" indicates the current patch on your client. If you think your game didn't patch correctly, you can set VERSION a few numbers back to repatch. Your game launcher will be tricked into downloading and installing patches until it accomplishes the most current version. Depending on how severe your case is, you may have to send VERSION back more than one patch.

Many times this can resolve your case. If you continue to receive errors, contact an experienced player. Use GMs and help desk as a last resort.

V. End game

There you have it! Easy patch for Multi-Clients, or multiple directories. Beware other ways to multi-client on Windows 7 as well, but if this is what you do, here you go.

Enjoy!
kthxboo
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Skin created by Tariq. of the IF Skin Zone.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive