InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Flying Stations - quality payware and freeware for FSX/FS2004/SFP1. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

FSX Fury throttle, Problem with throttle - not working
SkippyBing
Posted: May 25 2012, 07:48 AM

Lordship
Group Icon

Group: Their Lordships
Member No.: 3

Paul,

Thank God for that, I was running out of ideas!

I think for it to work with your normal control assignments I'll need to alter a bit of code in the gauge, give me a few days for this as I'm a bit busy with real world stuff at the moment. Ideally the gauge will then work for either throttle set up.

--------------------
user posted image
clemmo
Posted: May 26 2012, 07:06 AM

Officer Cadet

Group: Members
Member No.: 385

Hi Skip

Not a problem about time. I should have remembered about my setup anyway which would have helped much earlier. I appreciate all your help and time as well as all the time and effort you guys put into creating these wonderful models which mere mortals like me couldn't hope of producing!

Thanks again

Paul
SkippyBing
Posted: May 26 2012, 02:25 PM

Lordship
Group Icon

Paul,

This gauge should work with either throttle or throttle1 set to a control axis, or both, basically whichever is the last of the two to be moved it'll use that value. Let me know how you get on with it and if it's fixed the problem I'll update the master download.

Skippy

--------------------
user posted image
clemmo
Posted: May 27 2012, 07:49 PM

Officer Cadet

Hi Skip

I've added the new dll but the throttle still responds as before, when control's are set for throttle 1 and 2 it doesn't work (same as previously recorded) but when set to 'simple' one throttle control I have no problem.

Cheers
Paul
SkippyBing
Posted: May 27 2012, 08:24 PM

Lordship
Group Icon

Paul,

Let me get back to you on that, thinking about it I didn't check with Throttle1 and Throttle2 controls assigned, just Throttle or Throttle1.

Skippy

--------------------
user posted image
SkippyBing
Posted: May 27 2012, 09:45 PM

Lordship
Group Icon

Paul,

I've made a few changes to this gauge to try and clear up some problems other people were having, I've also tested it with my steering wheel pedals set up as Throttle1 and Throttle2 and didn't have any problems.

For people who were having problems with then engine over boosting when slamming the throttle open, this gauge may solve that.

Skippy

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 73 )
Attached File  Centaurus.zip (21.62 kb)

--------------------
user posted image
clemmo
Posted: May 28 2012, 08:51 PM

Officer Cadet

Hi Skip

New dll works a treat!!

Thanks for your perseverance, it's much appreciated. I off to get airborne and really get to know the Fury now!

Thanks again and keep up the fabulous work that you and the team do.
Paul
McGoose
Posted: Jun 21 2012, 09:28 AM

Officer Cadet

Member No.: 406

Hi there,

just got the Sea Fury and I ran into the throttle problem as well, which was fixed with the new centaurus.dll.

But I've got an issue with the prop lever as well:

When I move the lever on my throttle quadrant this won't move the lever in the VC. When I leave the mouse pointer on the VC lever the RPM-% will change briefly and then go back to 100% again.

When I move the VC lever by mouse, it will stay in that position no matter what quadrant settings I choose. But it still changes the %.

Throttle and mixture are working fine.

I use FSX ACC, W7 64bit, no new sound set, replaced dll, saitek x52 + 2x throttle quadrant.

Thank you.
Tom
SkippyBing
Posted: Jun 21 2012, 09:39 AM

Lordship
Group Icon

What control axis do you have set for the prop i.e. is it the general one or on a per engine basis?

--------------------
user posted image
McGoose
Posted: Jun 21 2012, 09:46 AM

Officer Cadet

Quadrants are set to dual engine use (2x throttle, 2x prop, 2x mix).

I use them on all aircraft without any problems, just need to set the x52 throttle to full to avoid problems.

Just tried a CH yoke as well (along with the quadrants) - here the prop lever works (because general prop setting?), but the throttle only works on the quadrant for some reason.

Back with the x52 the old issue remains.

Cheers,
Tom
SkippyBing
Posted: Jun 21 2012, 03:57 PM

Lordship
Group Icon

That'll be it, the gauge currently only looks for the general prop axis, as you're changing the prop 1 axis it thinks nothing's happening. I'll hopefully have an amended gauge up this evening, it should be a fairly simple fix!

--------------------
user posted image
SkippyBing
Posted: Jun 21 2012, 08:09 PM

Lordship
Group Icon

Ok, this should allow you to use prop axis 1 to set the pitch as well as the general prop axis setting. Let me know how you get on, I may have missed something in my testing as I had to play around with controller settings to get two pitch axis!

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 38 )
Attached File  Centaurus.zip (21.63 kb)

--------------------
user posted image
McGoose
Posted: Jun 22 2012, 06:09 AM

Officer Cadet

Thanks a lot for the quick response!

The x52+quadrant combo now works fine with the correct lever positions as well as the auto-rpm at 0-5% setting. Thank you very much!!!

On the CH yoke+quadrant combo both rpm levers work fine as well, but the throttle only works on the quadrant (no reaction to yoke movement). That's no problem for me, as I obviously use the stick for this aircraft.

Again, thanks for the fix.
Tom
billolgaau
Posted: Jun 23 2012, 08:07 AM

Officer Cadet

Member No.: 409

I just installed the Sea Fury yesterday (NICE!) & had the Throttle problem but Mixture & Pitch were working fine.

I have a CH Throttle Quadrant that I use with Throttle 1 & Throttle 2 for all Aircraft.

I use FSUIPC for setup with neither FSUIPC calibration or strait to FS working with the Sea Fury, but by using "Specific Aircraft" settings & basic THROTTLE (No number)- FSUIPC calibration or direct FS, IT WORKS! - with the original Centaurus.dll

HOWEVER, I tried the new Centaurus.dll & could NOT get it to work on any of the above settings.
----------------
So, the original .dll works for me but not the new one.

Cat among the Pigeons? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
SkippyBing
Posted: Jun 23 2012, 08:31 AM

Lordship
Group Icon

Hmmm, odd, I think...

The original DLL only looked for the general throttle setting, which won't work if you don't have a controller set to that.

The revised one looks for the general throttle setting and throttle 1 and uses whichever of those was the last to move*.

What I don't really know is what/how FSUIPC interfaces with FSX, I think it works in a similar to the DLL in that it takes the controller values and then passes them to FSX with any required modifications. The problem seems to be that in at least some modes FSUIPC passes the value directly to FSX which then doesn't re-broadcast it to any other modules that need it so the Centaurus.dll thinks the throttle is at 0 and reacts accordingly, by setting the throttle to 0!

I may have to find out exactly what FSUIPC is doing...

*This may cause issues if the controller you're not using is anything like my X-52 joystick which is always moving by 1-2% even if you're not in the same room.

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | The Hangar Bay | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1466 seconds | Archive