updates
Welcome to Embrace! We are a Post-Potter, AU role-playing game that has been active for the past seven years. Currently, the plot is set in the years 2055-2056. Recently, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry merged with Beauxbatons, Durmstrang, and the Rosier-run Dark Arts Institution, Purus. To celebrate the merger, there is a new years dance going on! Additionally, the wizarding world has been rocked by the death of the reigning Dark Lord, Evan Rosier, paving the way for a new figure to step in and lead the Followers' cause.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to EMBRACE. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

motivational pep talk!, let's get back in the swing of things!
arielle!
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 11:45 AM

YOUR ADMIN.
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 1

Listen up, embracers! I am here to motivate you! And, my entire reason for wanting to motivate has everything to do with the fact that this year ... we've all been super lazy. Some of us have been a bit more so than others, but we have all stepped down our game. We used to be crazy, fun, inspired posters. And, I know that real life has gotten in the way of that. We're all getting older, we're all dealing with more responsibility, and you know, the HP craze has kind of died down.

But, I think of this place as a refuge. It makes me feel better when I'm down. It lets me express myself and be creative and try out all sorts of different possibilities. I love role-playing and, more than that, I love role-playing with all of you. I consider us a family and I hate seeing how disconnected everyone is.

It doesn't take a long time to come in and post something. A note, a post, a plot idea, etc. There are so many different ways of being active on this board and I feel as though we've all just lost our drive. It's no longer a priority for us to pop in and post. And, I admit, there are days when I don't do anything. I don't write in the c-box, I don't jump into any OOC games or threads. I don't post with any characters. I don't work on any apps. I don't chat on aim with anyone about plot ideas or possibilities. I don't do anything. I know we're all guilty of that. And, I always blame the fact that I have a lot going on in my life. Which I definitely do. Life has not slowed down for me in the slightest and I don't anticipate it slowing down anytime soon. But, since last Friday, I have been on break. And, you know what? I haven't done too much. I've changed some pb's, I've worked on maybe one app, and I've done one post. Considering it's now Wednesday, that is not too much at all. And, you know why? Because, every time I come on, I see no one else has bothered to post anything. I see nothing has changed. And I get really sad and unmotivated.

So, what I need from you guys is some motivation. I am willing to post and be active and take part in more posting and plotting. I am willing to help motivate you to be a better, more active member. But, I need some motivation in return. So, while I completely understand the demands of real life, remember, it does not take much to do something (even if it is just one thing). Even if it's revising an old app, working on a new one, posting in someone's plotting page, writing a quick note (even if it's an open one!), posting some ideas in someone's threading page. ANYTHING. This place has been around too long and has come so far to die now. And, while I know we'll keep popping in every now and again and will have sporadic bursts in activity, I'd like us to have somewhere we can go to everyday. Somewhere we can come to escape the demands of everyday life ... everyday.

Instead of posting an activity check, which I feel is generally the only thing that gets people truly motivated, I am asking us to do our best to motivate each other. I don't want to add pressure to anyone's lives right now, since I am certainly not in the position to have any extra pressure added to myself. I just want us to remember why we role-play at all. It's supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be a break from real life. Right now, a lot of characters do not even get used unless it's for a check. So, right now, what I'm asking is for us to solve this problem without some daunting activity check (and I don't just mean a check-in, check-out) looming over us. Let's come together and make this board the fun, active, lovable board it once was. Are you with me?!?

I promise to do better. I promise that during this stupid student teaching crap/hectic real life graduation/grown up period of my life, I will do better. I just need some motivation. So, help me & I promise I'll be there to help, too!

Who's with me?!?!?

--------------------
user posted image

1 2 3 4

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

topic options

skin by lauz of shine and candyland couture.

open cbox

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0557 seconds | Archive
skinned by semonte of atf and caution. do not steal.