Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Dnd And Stories. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (8) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

[Tallal] Invasion of the Spider, A Vastulersa based game
Byzantine
Posted: Aug 29 2011, 05:43 PM

DM, World/Character Creator

Group: G.O.D.
Member No.: 1

Start ECL max: 5 (Or essentially, 10,000 exp)

Players:
Hipho - Shae'ernai Monk 3
Skirvy - Human Favoured Soul 5
Glein - Human Aasimar Swashbuckler 4
Kaivi - Half-elf Ranger 5
Toloran - Human Elemental Warlock 5
NecroPhage - Nagana Sorcerer 3 (maybe here? No?)
Madigar

House Rules (as they stand, at least)
Roulette of Fate
Fate Points
Constitution as Death Threshold
Appearance
Morale
Massive Criticals
Critcal Failure
Constitution Damage - Half-Vampire
God-Call
Hipho
Posted: Aug 29 2011, 06:04 PM

Fourth Level

Group: Player
Member No.: 4

I'm in of course.
Skirvy
Posted: Sep 1 2011, 05:37 PM

Second Level

Member No.: 6

In so you stop nagging me about it.
Glein
Posted: Sep 2 2011, 08:12 AM

DM of Voltrunus

Member No.: 2

I'm in. Working on ths char bit by bit
Toloran
Posted: Sep 7 2011, 10:28 PM

Third Level

Member No.: 5

I'm in as well.
Byzantine
Posted: Sep 9 2011, 05:18 PM

A few things to note.

Fate Points: Sometimes, the world (or the dice) just won't give you a break. And resurrections and raises from the dead are expensive, and rare. Each character starts with 3 Fate points, with will allow them, in a fatal situation, to avoid death, usually by taking some kind of wound or blow that would cause the enemy to leave them for dead. Fate points do not regenerate, once used, but can be granted by higher powers as rewards or signs of favor. Do not mistake using a Fate point for invulnerability, though, as there are often thing the character might face that would be worse than death, and the use of a Fate point always leaves you diminished in some way.

Luck Points: You have a number of luck points equivalent to your Fate points, and these renew themselves each day at dawn. A luck point is what helps make a PC a unique person, in that they can spend a luck point to re-roll any die roll they make. Tied to Fate points, they make new characters impressive, and older characters rely on their skills and wisdom as they run out.

The Roulette of Fate: Life is tough. Things happen, people change. Before the start of the game, a character gets 5 events to bet on the roulette of fate. Each event is a life changing circumstance that effects the character in gameplay. For each event gambled, the DM will roll a d%. 100 is the best possible outcome while 01 is the worst. At your option you can group events up, causing a certain set to use the same roll for all determinations. In this way, you can go all out, having either a very lucky, or a extremely unfortunate character. (You can, of course, not gamble at all. But your life will have been boring indeed.)

EDIT: Also, if you would like a bloodline, please say so now, before we start the game proper.

This post has been edited by Byzantine on Sep 10 2011, 05:17 PM
Byzantine
Posted: Sep 21 2011, 08:54 PM

As a final reminder, everyone should Be going by the following economic system: Platinum, Gold, Silver, Copper, Brass. 1 silver is equal to 1 gold in the PHB. (In otherwords, you can just change the name of your gold to silver, silver to copper, and copper to brass.)

Now is a good time to introduce yourselves and your characters. Again, if you want a bloodline, you must mention it before the game starts.

I will officially start the game on Friday, to give people time to post.
Glein
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 03:24 PM

DM of Voltrunus

Member No.: 2

Heya all. Glein here, the guy who had the bright idea of making this forum, though Byz did the foot work. I tend towards quick descriptive posts, leaving most of the imagery to those reading, though occasionally I will improve the detail to ensure a understanding for all. My character is Dunan the Brazen, a Sestoonian Privateer. He is a captain of a ship, though due to an unforseen storm, was recently shipwrecked and washed ashore south of Vastulersa. Finding himself a caravan, he was brought to the city, in hopes of trying to get enough resources and finances to return to Sestoon.
Toloran
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 03:46 PM

Third Level

Member No.: 5

Greetings and salutations. I'm Alex and my character is Tarkan Stormblade: An alchemist who upon receiving a head injury when the caravan he was traveling with was attacked by bandits, found a magic weapon that imbued* him with lightning powers. He also received a vision** that told him to venture forth and find a lost*** lightning civilization.

* He actually had potential for the powers already, he just didn't know it.
** A delusion brought upon by a concussion.
*** Read as "doesn't exist" (probably).
Skirvy
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 04:14 PM

Second Level

Member No.: 6

<--- My name is right over there. You can read. biggrin.gif
I'm a guy who exists.

My character is Rath, and the village he grew up in apparently doesn't use surnames. And I can't really tell you anything more than you could read in the backstory. Except for maybe the fact that he loves booze. And literally cannot get drunk. Fun stuff. And apparently kidnappings are involved?
Hipho
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 04:18 PM

Fourth Level

Aventaver is a very peculiar elf. He is very quiet and reserved, and almost never speaks. He instead communicates through various hand motions. His past was a sad and violent one, and that is the reason he is so reserved. It is also the reason he left his pack, became a monk, and protects his simple twine necklace with great ferocity. He has been wandering the world for a long while now, and doesn't see any reason to stop.
Kaivi
Posted: Sep 22 2011, 10:03 PM

Fourth Level

Member No.: 3

Hiya! I'm Kaivi. Ummmm.... yeah.... ^.^;;;

I'm playing Lulu, who is a very interesting half elf. She's very childish, as a warning to everyone else in the group, and has a tendency to make males cringe. You have all been warned. :-P
Hipho
Posted: Sep 23 2011, 03:52 PM

Fourth Level

QUOTE (Kaivi @ Sep 23 2011, 06:03 AM)
Hiya!  I'm Kaivi.  Ummmm.... yeah.... ^.^;;;

I'm playing Lulu, who is a very interesting half elf.  She's very childish, as a warning to everyone else in the group, and has a tendency to make males cringe.  You have all been warned.  :-P

Make males cringe?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED cool.gif
Byzantine
  Posted: Sep 23 2011, 04:08 PM

You wake up. It's not like you were asleep or anything, but you wake up.

I'm joking. Kinda.

One by one you all groggily wake up. The air is stale, and you think you can pick up a sharp coppery undertone. From the looks of it, you are in a shallow pit in the floor of a rough hewn stone room. It's cool but bone dry.

Tarkan, you were studying old Imperial ruins a few leagues north of Norest, the northeast city of Icecap, when you discovered an entrance into what you remembered as being called the Catacomb Wilds. (Think of the Catacombs as a whole as something similar to the Underdark and you're about right.) When you neared to investigate, a group of black-skinned elves, stone elves, attacked you and eventually brought you underground.

Lulu, you and Puppy were ambushed while you were sleeping. They cast some sort of spell on Puppy (if you wish, you can attempt an INT check to identify the spell) and pinned you down before you could fight back.

Rath. You were abducted when a strange midnight raid decimated the village you were staying in at the time. You fought valiantly, but there were just a few too many.

You, Aventavar, were strangely enough, grabbed when you were in the Illen-Mossan forest, breaking from the norm of everyone else being grabbed in the north. It was an ingenious use of traps by the odd coloured elves, ending up with you bound with several spears in your face.

Dunan, you were taken from a tavern in Vastulersa proper, actually. The caravan that you were taken in by gave you some change for helping out and let you go in the Ahon'armahs district, since that was their next stop anyway. The brawl the sparked from their attempt at grabbing you rivaled some of the ones you were involved in, in Sestoon. In the end, though, you lost.
Kaivi
Posted: Sep 23 2011, 07:59 PM

Fourth Level

Member No.: 3

Roll of 19 + 3 for Int is a total of 22.

Well, it seems like Lulu is the first one of us to start waking up. First thing she is going to notice is the fact that Puppy isn't there. Naturally, she is not going to be happy about that. Puppy is her dear friend, and she is always worried about him. Not to mention, she usually uses him as a pillow, and he wasn't there this time.

"Puppy...? Puppy! Where are you!" She'll start looking around, not really noticing the fact that there are other people around yet. The second thing she is going to notice is the fact that she doesn't have her quiver with her, which means that the Marshall isn't there. While the fact that she can't hear him yelling at her is a blessing, she does rather miss him. However, first and foremost, she has to find Puppy.
« Next Oldest | Homebrew Campaigns and Worlds | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (8) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2777 seconds | Archive